PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Quick links
Latest news
Jun 08, 2016 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Definitive Edition Surfaces in Retail Listing
Jun 07, 2016 Are Skyrim Remastered, Prey 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2 Headed to E3?
Jan 28, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sells More Than 20 Million Copies
Jan 09, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Coming to Xbox One? [Update: No]
Nov 26, 2013 Black Friday Deals Hit Xbox Live With Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Metro, Tomb Raider... [Updated]

Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
arcanedarsen

Gamertag: arcanedarsen
Help, can't get the Master Criminal achievement.

I already posted this in the cheevo guide thread but i think more people can read my problem this way.

I tested everything: killed a mass of people in every settlement, kill only one weak person triggering the slay animation for clean 1000 bounty .... and don't get it anyway. Seems bugged to me.

Noticed i have from before two small bounties -payed- in Riften for 7 gold in total: 2 for stole per accident when i pretend speak to a merchant (LoL) and 5 for gettin' caught lockpicking. I dunno if this is something related to the problem, but i need hepl, plz.

If someone has the same problem, tell here.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Cheers.
arcanedarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
Elk Arkane

Gamertag: Elk Arkane
got the exact same problem... 1k bounty in every town and no achievement
Elk Arkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
ninjachicken

Gamertag: Stabystab
check the crime stats page as you might of missed one or one might of not registered or just try another killing spree.
ninjachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
arcanedarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjachicken View Post
check the crime stats page as you might of missed one or one might of not registered or just try another killing spree.
Thanks for asking.
I'm no rookie to these type of games, my total time between characters in TESO is far more than 1000 hours LoL. I'm used to these games and check everything in status stages.
OffTopic: in the status screen there's an indicator of how many ˇˇrabbits!! have you slain.
maybe some big red rabbit appears to take revenge when you kill enough small rabbits, like in Divinity 2?

See, I have the game in PAL, spanish, and in the crime status screen, in the bounty stats only appears two options: total bounty gold in a life and max bounty in a zone. It's all.
No sepparation of bounties for cities one by one or so...

I already have a two payed bounties for 7 gold in total:
- one for being caught lockpicking in Riften jail -blame that dark elf raised by argonians: 5 gold.
-Other bounty of ˇ2 gold! and I don't exactly remember when earned it.
I believe it's for picking a item per accident when I pretend speak to Vex, the woman in white hair in Thieve's Guild, but i'm not sure.
I check that a bounty for steal it's 12 gold, so it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
evilresidentuk

Gamertag: EvilResidentUK
f you commit a crime in the hold, check your crime stats and above total bounty it should say (hold name) bounty ie the pale 1040, do that in all 9 HOLDS not necessarily towns, altho the big towns obviousy make it easier to track.

i did the following:
Saved my game. killed 1 person in whiterun in front of guards or witnesses, then pegged it till i could fast travel to another town, then repeated until all 9 were done. cheevo popped at the 9 th town so hopefully it hasnt glitched for you guys.
after that reload ur save and carry on as normal. minus any accrued bounties and with an extra cheevo ! (hopefully)

hope thaht helps a bit
evilresidentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
arcanedarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilresidentuk View Post
Thanks for asking, dude.

That's exactly one way of killing i've done, the other was slaying cheap people with the animation for clean 1000 without the 40 for simple attack.
Doesn't work on both strategies for me.

By the way i get pursued by two or three bounty hunters but they don't attack me until I commit another crime in another area. Is this normal?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
kornromeo85

Gamertag: KoRnromeo85
Did you try just killing the hold guards? That would seem to do the trick, quick and easy
kornromeo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Elk Arkane

Gamertag: Elk Arkane
just tried it again in 3 ways:
-clean 1k bounty
-1040 bounty
- so much that I even cant count it (massacre all the things..)

none of it worked =/
most frustrating part is: this is the last missing achievement I have right now..
so please, if anybody has an idea how to fix it or what could have gone wrong: tell me!
Elk Arkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
GamingDude

Gamertag: Skuller 1O1
what i did was just be seen transforming into a werewolf due to it being an automatic 1000 bounty and ran off but sometimes it doesnt register so just check your stats screen and if all 9 holds dont say 1000 just go to the hold you missed and try to do that
GamingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
K9999

No one knows if there is some way to fix this without having to wait for a patch (if it ever comes...)?
I have the same problem about the hold bounties not appearing in the "Crime" inside the "General Stats" tab on ps3, PAL Spanish version.
K9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
evilresidentuk

Gamertag: EvilResidentUK
i must admit i never had any issiues with this, must be lucky i guess.

All i did was kill the 1st person i came across in a town (be it person, guard etc) then legged it away till i could fast travel to the next town, then repeated for the other 8. i did it al in 1 go (takes 10 mins max lol) and didnt save in between.

Dont really know what else to say, my bounty in each hold was 1040 (im guessin 40 for assault and 1000 for the murder.)

Remember if you kill someone it has to be witnessed to be a crime lol
evilresidentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #12
K9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilresidentuk View Post
i must admit i never had any issiues with this, must be lucky i guess.

All i did was kill the 1st person i came across in a town (be it person, guard etc) then legged it away till i could fast travel to the next town, then repeated for the other 8. i did it al in 1 go (takes 10 mins max lol) and didnt save in between.

Dont really know what else to say, my bounty in each hold was 1040 (im guessin 40 for assault and 1000 for the murder.)

Remember if you kill someone it has to be witnessed to be a crime lol
I even made a separate save file after the second try just to be sure that i have everything right, i killed so much guards at the nine holds...
My lifetime bounty on that save became over 270k septims, still none of the holds show up on the crime tab so that's most than likely the source of the problem.

2 hours were lost in that slaughter spree, dozens of kids wouldn't be able to rise with a father/mother or even both of them as i killed every guard in the holds, but fear not, as they seem to respawn way faster than mobs, in about a minute or less.
K9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #13
Great Healer

Gamertag: XGF Healer
It's a bug which seems to be on the german and spanish version of the game.
Great Healer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
R6 DANNY

Gamertag: R6 DANNY
This bug is also in the Italian version, and is a BIG bug...we can't complete skyrim 1000/1000

Everyone post in this thred of bethesda forums, let us hear, they must fix this.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...hievement-bug/

we do know to bethesda!!!!
R6 DANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Rikimaru 79

Gamertag: Rikimaru 79
german xbox 360 version

I have this problem too. I´m thinking about trading my german
version with an uk version.
Rikimaru 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
Lo5e

Gamertag: Arise Crazy
Your right it's a huge bug that can't be fixed unless they patch it

it wont occur on the uk version of the games explains why only 20 odd people or so only have 1000 so far

Current GS: 47000+
Lo5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
Asturgis

Gamertag: Asturgis

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth (Retired)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Healer View Post
It's a bug which seems to be on the german and spanish version of the game.
Same for me in France. Tried everything, 3 times in each Hold, and I don't have the different holds option in the stats page, just total and max bounty, which caps at 7140, whatever I do and where.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #18
Joebeest86

Gamertag: Ham Hole
I have a North American game and it is not registering on my character either. Went to each city and killed guards till I could fast travel. No dice.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
FangtasticBite

Gamertag: FangtasticBite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebeest86 View Post
I have a North American game and it is not registering on my character either. Went to each city and killed guards till I could fast travel. No dice.
I don't think the American version is glitched. If you kill everyone the bounty will be removed with no witnesses. I would check your stats page to make sure they still say your bounty is over 1000.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #20
Joebeest86

Well, I gained over 5k in bounties in each hold as far as the stats tell me and no luck. Had no problems with achievements in this game till now. Went and unlocked a few different ones just to make sure they were working and still no pop for the bounty in each hold.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
funky305

Gamertag: Ov3rSmok3D
Same for me here, no way to get it and i have the french version of the game.. Well i dunno if they gonna fix it but it sucks anyway..
Old 12-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #22
PrinceOfThralls

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky305 View Post
Same for me here, no way to get it and i have the french version of the game.. Well i dunno if they gonna fix it but it sucks anyway..
They don't even care, in all honesty. They don't even try to seem like they care.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #23
Aeternox

Gamertag: Aeternox
I got this achievement by killing a guard in each hold, my copy is North America. Sometimes if you kill a guard and then your being chased by someone and end up killing them it will say that you killed the witness and remove the bounty from your head. That could be why you can't get it maybe in one of the holds you thought you got the bounty but maybe you killed off the witness? It's also possible for this persuer to be killed inadvertantly because they fall of a cliff etc as well.

If not I'd say just do another run on each hold on a different save.
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #24
Joebeest86

Ok, I went back and tried again. Ran the same path through the cities, except this time I made sure I killed a completely innocent towns person and made sure lots of people could see me do it. Achievement popped when I killed a local in Windhelm. Thanks for all the help!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #25
FangtasticBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfThralls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky305 View Post
They don't even care, in all honesty. They don't even try to seem like they care.
and you say this based on what?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #26
ALIEN ZOMBIEMAN

Gamertag: ALIEN ZOMBIEMAM
Unhappy Master Criminal Achievement Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanedarsen View Post
I already posted this in the cheevo guide thread but i think more people can read my problem this way.

I tested everything: killed a mass of people in every settlement, kill only one weak person triggering the slay animation for clean 1000 bounty .... and don't get it anyway. Seems bugged to me.

Noticed i have from before two small bounties -payed- in Riften for 7 gold in total: 2 for stole per accident when i pretend speak to a merchant (LoL) and 5 for gettin' caught lockpicking. I dunno if this is something related to the problem, but i need hepl, plz.

If someone has the same problem, tell here.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Cheers.

I'm having the same problem. I've earned a bounty in all 9 holds right in a row and no achievement. WTF!!
ALIEN ZOMBIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #27
FangtasticBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ZOMBIEMAN View Post
I'm having the same problem. I've earned a bounty in all 9 holds right in a row and no achievement. WTF!!
Are you playing an english game? Did you check your stats menu to make sure every bounty counted?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Erydan

Gamertag: Novalion
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/n...-game-updates/

Quote:
Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian

finally!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #29
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So the bounty has to be active in all 9 holds at one time? You can't do 1,000 in one, pay it off and then do another and repeat that?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
TombRaiser

Gamertag: TombRaiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown78541 View Post
So the bounty has to be active in all 9 holds at one time? You can't do 1,000 in one, pay it off and then do another and repeat that?
Yup, bounty has to be active in all holds at once. Don't pay them off if you want the achievement.