PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #91
UR ShiZZle

UR ShiZZle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap3 Juice View Post
how the hell do you get fortify smithing apparel... i've reset radiant ramant's stock around 15 times and have seen every skill except smithing...
I just found some dwarven bracers with fortify smithing at "Halldirs cairn" (typo?).
UR ShiZZle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #92
Norn Irons No1

The Mighty Ming's Gamercard
I've gotten my apparel up to 28% for alchemy and smithing, but my potions aren't getting past 113% though. My main problem is finding the ingredients, I'm sick to death of constantly restocking at Arcadia's, I'm getting more Daedra Hearts than friggin snowberries. I guess 113% will have to do I'll still be a tank... hopefully.
Norn Irons No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #93
Jarimy123

There is a Fortify Health potion that consists of Giant's Toe and Wheat that is worth like 1660. That's the highest potion I've found using only 2 ingredients. Might be worth it to check that out, even though Giant's Toe barely gets restocked, maybe every 2-3 48 hr waits if that.
Jarimy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #94
Norn Irons No1

So my armour rating is currently sitting at 560 with 2 juggernaut perks, but a bunch of bandits did some serious damage to me! I still took them out with relative ease but I was expecting a lot less damage to be taken... did I do it right!? I'm on Adept difficulty atm.

EDIT: It's now sitting at 720 (over the cap, I know) with the Well Fitted perk.

Last edited by Norn Irons No1; 11-23-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #95
kornromeo85

KoRnromeo85's Gamercard
So i did most of these things prior to this guide (minus the potion making stuff, I just horded all my found potions in a chest) and finally got my enchanting to 100 and started making my gear. And from how I made this, I see that doing this makes the game very very EASY. My sword dmg is almost 400 and then add the 37 fire dmg and 37 lightning. I am also seeing that now my destro spells are 1-shotting regular mobs. This makes the game alot of fun but at the same time way too easy. Maybe at this gear level I should move the diff to Master?

But great guide. I do love the walk-through. Well said and laid out. Although I would like to point out (not sure if anyone else already said this) that while enchanting if you want to pause the potion countdown you can just hit the xbox button on the controller to think about what you want and not waste time looking through them all. And also that while giving a name to your item, the timer does not go down as you are in the console editor and not the live game.
kornromeo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #96
SweetLouDiamond

SweetLouDiamond's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornromeo85 View Post
So i did most of these things prior to this guide (minus the potion making stuff, I just horded all my found potions in a chest) and finally got my enchanting to 100 and started making my gear. And from how I made this, I see that doing this makes the game very very EASY. My sword dmg is almost 400 and then add the 37 fire dmg and 37 lightning. I am also seeing that now my destro spells are 1-shotting regular mobs. This makes the game alot of fun but at the same time way too easy. Maybe at this gear level I should move the diff to Master?

But great guide. I do love the walk-through. Well said and laid out. Although I would like to point out (not sure if anyone else already said this) that while enchanting if you want to pause the potion countdown you can just hit the xbox button on the controller to think about what you want and not waste time looking through them all. And also that while giving a name to your item, the timer does not go down as you are in the console editor and not the live game.
i thought the same, but i just keep kicking up the difficulty when i start feeling the game is getting too easy.
SweetLouDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #97
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You are asking us what difficulty YOU should play on?

Kind of rediculous for us to tell you how to play your own game, but if it is too easy and you want a challenge, obviously, jump up the difficulty, if you like feeling like a total badass, leave it where it is. Pretty simple.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #98
BONECRUSHER

PR BONECRUSHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As I stated before. I'm a total noob to Elder Scrolls & RPG's. Had a little trouble with crafting at the Alchemy's Table. Searched the net and found this
"Skyrim Alchemy Helper" http://skyrim.iamnoah.com
Hope this contributes to the cause.
I started the guide yesterday. Played just a few hours. I'm at Level 11 - Alchemy 54

kinda of confused on the training. Had 8000 gold but couldn't get it back ?!?!?!

Nothing to FEAR, but FEAR itself.
Brooklyn born, Made in Puerto Rico!!!

Last edited by BONECRUSHER; 11-24-2011 at 02:13 AM.
BONECRUSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #99
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Really loving this guide. The only thing i cant do is the Fast Wait. but i dont mind still great.
toxincram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #100
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxincram View Post
Really loving this guide. The only thing i cant do is the Fast Wait. but i dont mind still great.
how come? all you need to do is hit a and the middle xbox guide button at the same time and wait about 6 or 7 generous seconds (or when you can see your compass at the top of the screen again)
mchunthunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #101
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchunthunt View Post
all you need to do is hit a and the middle xbox guide button at the same time and wait about 6 or 7 generous seconds (or when you can see your compass at the top of the screen again)
I have tried this loads and just cant get it to work !!! LOL Will keep trying it. TBH i dont mind that time gives me time to eat and drink a bit :-)
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #102
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxincram View Post
I have tried this loads and just cant get it to work !!! LOL Will keep trying it. TBH i dont mind that time gives me time to eat and drink a bit :-)
maybe if you hit A first and then immediately hit the guide button it might work. i didn't know about that trick until this guide and i don't know how i lived before it.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #103
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchunthunt View Post
maybe if you hit A first and then immediately hit the guide button it might work. i didn't know about that trick until this guide and i don't know how i lived before it.
cheers will give it another go tonight.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #104
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Brilliant guide, took me 2 straight days of work but it's paid off now. Just wondering which Enchantments to add to the weapons and armour, any ideas?

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #105
ChrisSheff

ChrisSheff's Gamercard
I am having problems with Hod. He won't talk to me to let me cut wood for him for money.... He just says lots of crazy anecdotes and walks off.
ChrisSheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #106
Norn Irons No1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSheff View Post
I am having problems with Hod. He won't talk to me to let me cut wood for him for money.... He just says lots of crazy anecdotes and walks off.
You don't need to talk to him, just find a tree stump with an axe wedged in it and click to start chopping wood. Then when you have enough go to Hod and there will be an option to sell the wood to him.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #107
ChrisSheff

ChrisSheff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn Irons No1 View Post
You don't need to talk to him, just find a tree stump with an axe wedged in it and click to start chopping wood. Then when you have enough go to Hod and there will be an option to sell the wood to him.
Oh god, thanks for this. I was cutting the large logs with the machine... Is the tree stump near to this contraption? I am not near my xbox so can't check!
ChrisSheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #108
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSheff View Post
Is the tree stump near to this contraption?
Yes it is, You will need a Axe as well.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #109
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This guide also helps a lot for getting you alchemy skill up and working toward 100,000 gold, potions probably made up a good 10k-20k of the gold I made toward that achievement. Great guide man, keep up the good work.
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #110
DARK4NGEL

AtP Angel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoterrorize View Post
Im nearing 100 in alchemy. I had Arcadia train me at lower levels then I would pickpocket my gold back from her. Never got caught. Then one day I enter her shop after looking around town for a fortify alchemy/smithing item and there's this guy talking with her behind the counter, another leaning against the wall, and another sitting in the chair near the door I came in. Everyone looks at me and Arcadia says "You need to get out" just as the three guys start after me. I bolt out the door and a huge fight ensues around the town well. I kill them and on one of their bodies is a contract from Arcadia to kill me. She's lucky I still needed her; otherwise I'd have slain her where she stood for sending HiredThugs after me.
Exact same thing happened to me except I didn't kill the thugs as I had no armour or weapons. I just ran to the tower, waited and then went back.
DARK4NGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #111
NIK0N7

mrnikojohn's Gamercard
Why do you have to get your alchemy to 100? At level 80 all the perks you want for it can be unlocked. What's the reason for it? I'm just asking because it's starting to get REALLY boring
NIK0N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #112
Snowdream

Can anyone help please? I cant seem to get more than 22% of fortify alchemy on my gears, and the best potion I can make is 28% fortify Enchating, I got alcheming, enchating both lvl 100 and got all the perks that I should got...I just a bit depressed since i spend a lot of time and cant get any better results...please help D:
Snowdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #113
Tarliyn

Tarliyn's Gamercard
So if the armor cap is 567 what is the point of getting thousands of points over that besides doing it because you can lol.

If you don't max out alchemy and make a special crafting set of armor is it still possible to hit the armor cap with light armor and get 100% cost reduction on two spell lores?

Thanks for those in the know
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #114
DARK4NGEL

AtP Angel's Gamercard
Outside whiterun you can take a carriage to riften. In riften go to the blackbriar meadery and speak to the guy there about blackbriar to raise your speech. It's best to do this at the beginning of the whole process. At the end of the process I had around 90,000 gold and I had bought lot's of weapons/leather/iron already.
DARK4NGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #115
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Question: I figured I would use this method and get myself some badass glass armor and then raise the diffculty to master to balance input so I'm strong but the game is still fun. I was thinking and would it be a problem if I like to travel with companions?

I could make some kickass armor for my companion and you've him a kickass bow but would my dog be able to survive or would he get massacred? I love my dog and would rather not have to travel without him.

Also how hard/easy would it be if I had some kickass armor and weapons on master difficulty? Would I still be one shotting everything or would some thing still be a challenge as to not lose all the fun of the game.

Thanks for any replies
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #116
tsydrown

KILL KR4ZY's Gamercard
Incredible work there Method, it doesn't take long to work it out in the game how to make money, but for those starting out, or wanting to re-start with a full idea of what to do, that's absolutely superb stuff. Very well written, in-depth, and with a rationale behind it all.

You deserve a reward . . .

"1,000 Gold Added"

Wanted
AC: Revelations, Batman: AC, Borderlands 2, GTA5, Hitman: Absolution, Mass Effect 3, Rainbow Six: Patriots, Resident Evil: ORC

100%
CoD: Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3 (inc. DLC), Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Saw, Terminator: Salvation, The Godfather: Part II
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Uno, Worms
tsydrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #117
jung4ever

FyreBeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Excellent work. Each time I come into this sub forum I am more impressed by the quality of the guides that people are writing up, especially this one and like the companion guide by Idiiviil and the Skillbook guide (ack forgot the writers name). It's good stuff.
I agree! Thanks to all for their hard work. I havnt gotten into enchanting/smithing and alchemy as much as I'd like to...this is so much help.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #118
Shirley

Renatka82's Gamercard
Smile

Guys I've just ordered the game and will play this game soon - do you think if I wanna fully explore the game - should I start with this guide?

I'm new at Elder Scrolls and this guide sounds like it doesn't takes so much and will reward me with pretty stuff at the end...
Old 11-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #119
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
Guys I've just ordered the game and will play this game soon - do you think if I wanna fully explore the game - should I start with this guide?

I'm new at Elder Scrolls and this guide sounds like it doesn't takes so much and will reward me with pretty stuff at the end...
Personally, I wouldn't use this guide on your first play through or if you've never played an elder scrolls before. I'd play through regularly to fully immerse yourself in the game, and after awhile, once you've completed the game, then go ahead and do it if you want.

I was Lv35 and had completed all of the guild quests and the civil war quest and had put in about 80-85 hours of gameplay before I started this guide. Yeah, it's worth it in the end, but for a first time player, I don't know if it's the best idea. But that's just my opinion and you are more than happy to do what you want or play the game how you would think you would have the most fun

Old 11-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #120
Shirley

Renatka82's Gamercard
^thank you for your advise - you are right - I will play and enjoy the game without any guides for now.