PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #121
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
Question: I figured I would use this method and get myself some badass glass armor and then raise the diffculty to master to balance input so I'm strong but the game is still fun. I was thinking and would it be a problem if I like to travel with companions?

I could make some kickass armor for my companion and you've him a kickass bow but would my dog be able to survive or would he get massacred? I love my dog and would rather not have to travel without him.

Also how hard/easy would it be if I had some kickass armor and weapons on master difficulty? Would I still be one shotting everything or would some thing still be a challenge as to not lose all the fun of the game.

Thanks for any replies
Well I have a Daedric bow at 170ish damage, still a ways to go on skill and perks, it was crafted to max specs, I still dont 1 shot everything on adept. But with companions, the trick is to not actually meet them until you are a higher level. They will match your current level when you aquire them and stay there. No matter what armor you have given them, they will still be bitches late game. The thing about making overpowered weapons, you will feel like a god most times, but there will still be some enemies (albeit few and far between) that will still give you some challenge. I think on master it will be a bit more often though.

As for another commet a ways back, I'm not going to quote it though....

I am getting 29% enchantments on gear as well, 27% is definately not the max. I'm using the 2 head equips as well.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #122
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
thankyou Method! I'm 80+ hours into the game somehow(), and have been playing I guess how the developers intended and rarely boosting (for money mainly). I'm just going with it and pissing about etc.
I'm light armour and won't bother going heavy just for daedric, I'll save that for a 2nd playthrough, but I'm definitely gonna do that +smithing/alchemy%-armour trick! I have legendary glass from a found potion but my cuirass is only 166. Gonna make me some potions and hopefully make some 200+ glass armour. Not bothered about maxing out etc. as I'm sneek orientated, but I'm gonna be a maxed out juggernaught on my next playthrough c:

Thanks again! *bookmarked*

PS. what's the best race for ultimate warrior badass?
Old 11-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #123
imageoverload

imageoverload's Gamercard
Method, man, you deserve a lifetime achievement award for this. Thanks.
imageoverload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #124
Master Valafar

Master Valafar's Gamercard
Hm.. How do you put fortify smithing on a helmet ? I can't seem to put it on my Ebony Helmet. And how can you put 2 Fortify Alchemy on a single pair of gloves ?
Master Valafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #125
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Valafar View Post
Hm.. How do you put fortify smithing on a helmet ? I can't seem to put it on my Ebony Helmet. And how can you put 2 Fortify Alchemy on a single pair of gloves ?
i'm pretty sure you can't put smithing on a helmet and you can't put two of the same enchant on an item.

mchunthunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #126
BloodShadow

BloodShadow XX's Gamercard
i used you guide right from the beginning and its superb im now lv-33
BloodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #127
BloodShadow

BloodShadow XX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchunthunt View Post
i'm pretty sure you can't put smithing on a helmet and you can't put two of the same enchant on an item.

Helm - +29% Smithing
Gloves - +29% Alchemy/+29% Alchemy
Armor - +29% Smithing
Ring - +29% Smithing/+29% Alchemy
Amulet - +29% Smithing/+29% Alchemy

Helm - +29% Alchemy
Gloves - +29% Smithing/+29% Alchemy

i think it was late and he was tired
BloodShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #128
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodShadow View Post
Helm - +29% Smithing
Armor - +29% Smithing

Helm - +29% Alchemy

It was late but still a good catch. Thanks for pointing it out. Hope this didn't screw up too many people. Sorry all!!!

Last edited by Method; 11-26-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #129
imageoverload

Once I reach 100 Alchemy i'm going to create a save and leave it alone so I can use it as a base for all three playthroughs, Fighter/Mage/Thief.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #130
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodShadow View Post
Helm - +29% Smithing
Armor - +29% Smithing

Helm - +29% Alchemy

oh lol i know that haha. i noticed last week when i was doing the guide. i was just letting master valafar know.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #131
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
quick question about smithing... i upgraded my chillrend (glass sword) and my daedric and ebony swords to legendary status and chillrend upgraded from 36 rating to 180+ and the ebony only upgraded from 38 to 110 and the daedric from 41 to 113. i only used the 130% potion without my crafting armor because i didn't want to make super godly weapons, hence the lower ratings, but if ebony and daedric have slightly higher ratings than glass to begin with, why didn't they upgrade as much as chillrend did? i know i was still under the 30sec effect of the potion... is it because i have the "light material" perks unlocked on the smithing tree so my light material is going to be crafted more effectively than the heavier materials? that is the only reason i could come up with... any ideas?

Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #132
imageoverload

I didn't see it noted above, but there's an Alchemy Training book in Arcadia's shop as well, for that push from 99 to 100.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #133
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I can never get more than 2 or more ingredients at a time on that list. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 AM   #134
mrimmer2

Scabby Flaps's Gamercard
Talking

Wow, amazing guide, very detailed! If only I'd read this guide before playing for 50 hours...

Thanks!
mrimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #135
Odi

Odiumar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
I can never get more than 2 or more ingredients at a time on that list. Has this happened to anyone else?
I believe that's why Method states to restock twice before trying any combines. Beyond that, sometimes I would end up with just a few potions while others I would end up with two dozen or more.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #136
Azazel0911

Thank you so much for this!!

Now for a problem:
I completed this entire guide, made my legendary Daedric, using the enchanting/smithing potions.

Now, however, when I put on my "master" alchemy set, I am only able to make smithing potions at 60%, and enchantment potions at 19%.

WHAT the HELL happened?? I have been searching forum after forum for answers, but am coming up with nothing. I am doing the process just as I did it before, and not getting the same results. my smithing potions, bounced around from 79%, to 60%, etc..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! :'/
Azazel0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #137
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
You say you can get armour rating too over 3000, but its capped at 580ish? Doesn't that make using Daedric/Dragon armour slightly redundant? Wouldn't you just be able to do the same for Hide or iron armour and have it reach the cap? Also, does that mean I could do this on, say, Fur armour, which doesn't go up to legendary, and still get the same armour rating?

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #138
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Quote:
quick question about smithing... i upgraded my chillrend (glass sword) and my daedric and ebony swords to legendary status and chillrend upgraded from 36 rating to 180+ and the ebony only upgraded from 38 to 110 and the daedric from 41 to 113. i only used the 130% potion without my crafting armor because i didn't want to make super godly weapons, hence the lower ratings, but if ebony and daedric have slightly higher ratings than glass to begin with, why didn't they upgrade as much as chillrend did? i know i was still under the 30sec effect of the potion... is it because i have the "light material" perks unlocked on the smithing tree so my light material is going to be crafted more effectively than the heavier materials? that is the only reason i could come up with... any ideas?
It's your perks. If you read the perk on the tree it says that you can improve that type of material twice as much. If you don't have the perks in daedric and ebony but do in glass, that means the glass sword is getting improved 230% times the original value while the other two are only getting improved 130%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel0911 View Post
Thank you so much for this!!

Now for a problem:
I completed this entire guide, made my legendary Daedric, using the enchanting/smithing potions.

Now, however, when I put on my "master" alchemy set, I am only able to make smithing potions at 60%, and enchantment potions at 19%.

WHAT the HELL happened?? I have been searching forum after forum for answers, but am coming up with nothing. I am doing the process just as I did it before, and not getting the same results. my smithing potions, bounced around from 79%, to 60%, etc..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! :'/
I've had this happen a couple times. The thing I found to fix it was to go into my inventory and unequip then reequip each piece of the crafting set. See if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
You say you can get armour rating too over 3000, but its capped at 580ish? Doesn't that make using Daedric/Dragon armour slightly redundant? Wouldn't you just be able to do the same for Hide or iron armour and have it reach the cap? Also, does that mean I could do this on, say, Fur armour, which doesn't go up to legendary, and still get the same armour rating?
I'm not 100% sure what light armors you can hit the cap with and which ones you can't. I know that you can hit the cap with Dragonscale but beyond that I'm not sure. It requires more to hit the cap with light armor though. With heavy armor you can pretty much hit the cap as soon as you finish this process. With light armor you'll need a high skill (at least 80), the +% light armor perks that go with it and possibly a fortify light armor enchantment or two. Others here are probably better suited to give you the details of what is required for hitting the cap with light armor though as I've specialized in heavy.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #139
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
If you read what it says in the smithing perk tree it explains it:

Able to create (insert material of choice here) weapons and armor and improve them twice as much.
This is why I regret going light, not for the armor but for the weapons.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #140
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide! I am currently working on my alchemy skill. It is 63. My enchanting is 62 and my smithing is 100. I made Daedric Armor just for fun without any of the bonuses just to hold off enemies for right now.

I cannot wait to make the uber set of armor at the end.

Edit: Just noticed in the potion: Mora Tapinella, Scaly Pholiotam, Creep Cluster = Fortify Illusion, Regenerate Stamina, Restore Magicka, Fortify Carry Weight, Weakness to Magic

You can also use a Salt pie if you don't have Creep Cluster.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 11-27-2011 at 11:15 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #141
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Reading the wiki, it sounds like skill increases are more difficult as your level increases and that it is possible to circumvent the level 50 soft cap by simply not accepting level increases.

It may be worthwhile not to level up until you hit 100 in alchemy, smithing, and enchanting. Not sure how it would affect items available in the shops though.

Also, fast traveling between towns restocks merchants fairly quickly (at most 24 hours). Fast traveling between Solitude and Riften restocked each city by the time I arrived. The travel time was less then 24 hours (~22). Riften was nice because the alchemy shop never seemed closed. Markarth to Riften was more like 26 hours but Markarth general store is closed unless you complete a quest for them.

You can get to cities by using wagons and paying a comparatively small amount of coin to get there.

Edit: The leveling thing may be bogus. The talk page is saying there is no soft level 50 cap at all, that there is no difference in skill level up between level 49 and level 51.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 11-28-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #142
Jarimy123

I'm struggling to find an enchanted item with Fortify Alchemy already on it. I think I've restocked Whiterun like 10 times and nobody has gotten one in.

Is there a good place to go? Or just keep trying?
Jarimy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #143
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarimy123 View Post
I'm struggling to find an enchanted item with Fortify Alchemy already on it. I think I've restocked Whiterun like 10 times and nobody has gotten one in.

Is there a good place to go? Or just keep trying?
Enchanted items in stock are random so there's no vendor that always has one. Just keep restocking them and eventually you'll see one. BTW 10 times isn't that bad, whilst looking for the muffle enchantment I restocked the merchants over 75 times .

Old 11-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #144
Jarimy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Enchanted items in stock are random so there's no vendor that always has one. Just keep restocking them and eventually you'll see one. BTW 10 times isn't that bad, whilst looking for the muffle enchantment I restocked the merchants over 75 times .
Oh ok nice. I haven't played in a couple of days, I popped in some call of duty to stave off getting too bored with this. I don't want to start thinking that Skyrim is just grinding out the above steps. I know it will be worth it to have good armor, and have good battles, just dont want to burn out with it. I'll keep looking!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #145
Mudmoney

Method I love this guide !
It would ruin the game on a first play-through but its perfect for your second time going through the game, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get the -%100 destruction & Restoration enchant that I saw mentioned somewhere on this post.
Also after finishing my armor set, Daedric, i'm not to sure if I crafted them right, the armor rating for the equipment is

Daedric Armour -227
Daedric Boots -104
Daedric Gauntlets - 104
Daedric Helmet - 112

I had my crafting set equipped and used my %130 smithing potion but I still haven't reached the armor cap of 564, I have also spent 2 perks on Juggernaut.

Thanks to anyone that can help
Mudmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #146
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmoney View Post
Method I love this guide !
It would ruin the game on a first play-through but its perfect for your second time going through the game, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get the -%100 destruction & Restoration enchant that I saw mentioned somewhere on this post.
Also after finishing my armor set, Daedric, i'm not to sure if I crafted them right, the armor rating for the equipment is

Daedric Armour -227
Daedric Boots -104
Daedric Gauntlets - 104
Daedric Helmet - 112

I had my crafting set equipped and used my %130 smithing potion but I still haven't reached the armor cap of 564, I have also spent 2 perks on Juggernaut.

Thanks to anyone that can help
you basically have to enchant multiple pieces of your armor with the fortify destruction and fortify restoration enchants. right now, i have three items enchanted with each one so i have -87% for each. i'll eventually enchant that last piece of armor but i'm not ready lol

Old 11-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #147
Joe Duncan

joe duncan's Gamercard
my armor rating is 648 im using glass armor with the perks to incraese it bye 150% and the higher your light armor skill gose up the higher it gose
Joe Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #148
Mudmoney

Thanks Joe and Thanks mchunthunt
Mudmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #149
LastbornSmudg3

LastbornSmudg3's Gamercard
Sweet guide Method, cheers!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #150
Jarimy123

I'm using glass armor right now too. I actually started this after killing 2 dragons, so I was able to forge 2 pieces of light dragon armor. And as soon as I walked outside there was a dragon that I killed, and then another dragon but he never attached. So I should be able to finish off the remaining set.

My armor rating is also above 600 and that's with only 2 perks in the first light armor, and one in the one that gives you a bonus for all light armor.

Definitely increasing the difficulty though, as Giants barely scratch me and I kill them in 2 shots with a bow.