PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Wahammy

Wahammy's Gamercard
Red Brick Location Guide

NEARLY complete, I'd like to add a few more details about some locations and I need a few more details on a few of the bricks. I have little detail on Fast Dig&Magic.

This guide will have the locations of each red brick (cheat brick) as well as all the details about it. There are a total of 20 red bricks. It will be a little helpful to use the Red Brick Detector to give you a little extra help and direction.

Red Brick Detector Code - 7AD7HE
Legitimate Unlock - At the outdoor Hogwarts train station, use dark magic to hit the Hogsmeade sign.

Spell Explanation
Aguamenti - Blue spell; used to put out fires and grow plants
Dark Magic - Magic done by bad wizards
Diffindo - Red spell; used to break red brick walls
Reducto - Orange spell; used to break shiny silver objects

Location Explanation
"Countryside" - Area unlocked in The Deathly Hallows Pt1. Many mushrooms and Dark Magic objects.
"Defense Against the Dark Arts Room" - The only classroom on the second floor. Has lots of desks as well as a dinosaur skeleton in the back.
"Divination Room" - Room with all the cups
"Great Hall" - Dining Hall
"Hogsmeade" - Snowy Village
"Library" - (Location of library)

Locations (details needed)

Advanced Guide - Automatically available
Carrot Wands - Automatically available
Character Studs - In the Great Hall, use Dark Magic on the cabinet next to the Bookcase puzzle next to the entrance. After it explodes, only the red brick will remain.
Character Token Detector - In the Divination room, get up to the Spectroscopes dispenser then jump down and go to the left side of the room and put together the invisible bricks. Hit the brick on the table and it will grow into the red brick.
Christmas - In the countryside, use magic on the large mushroom. Now press to ride it and run over the 5 smaller mushrooms.
Collect Ghost Studs - Outside of Hogwarts (with the owl near the middle and 2 benches), use Diffindo on the tree and it will fall apart to reveal the Red Brick
Comedy Specs - Automatically available
Disguise - Automatically available
Extra Hearts - In the Defense Against the Dark Arts room, use Dark Magic on the lock on the horse skeleton. Then use Reducto on it twice. It will kick the cabinet to reveal the Red Brick.
Fall Rescue - You will find this one in the library. This is one of only 2 house paintings. For this you will need a Ravenclaw student (Luna Lovegood and Cho Chang are 2 options to use). Go up to the painting in the back of the library. It will move aside revealing a red wall. Use Diffindo and assemble a key from the pieces that come from it. The key will unlock the door next to the paining to reveal the red brick.
*Fast Dig - Involves hitting the rocks outside of Hogwarts on the path to Hagrid's hut.
*Fast Magic - Astronomy tower
Gold Brick Detector - In the streets of London, go to the yellow dumpster and use magic to dump the two trash cans into the dumpster.
Hogwarts Crest Detector - Outside the Great Hall on the right side, use Dark Magic on the black and red cabinet. Assemble the bricks that come out. They will make a car which will drive off leaving behind some studs and the red brick.
Invincibility - Outside of Hogwarts (with the spinning flower and hanging plants), use Aguamenti on the dirt patch closest to the castle. A small tree and flowers will grow. Hit it many times with Reducto until all the pieces are gone and only the Red Brick remains.
Red Brick Detector - At the outdoor Hogwarts train station, use dark magic to hit the Hogsmeade sign.
Regenerate Hearts - In the Forbidden Forest near the Thestrals (black horses), there is a pile of black and red bricks. Use Dark Magic to destroy them and reveal the Red Brick.
Score x2 - In Hogsmeade, grab the Spectroscopes and go towards the exit. When you assemble the invisible bricks there, they form a snowman. It will do a little dance and tip its hat to reveal the red brick.
Score x4 - In the London train station, use Diffindo on the red lock(?) near the owl.
Score x6 - Outside Hogsmeade (the snowy village), there is a snowy path. Use Ron's Deluminator to grab the light near the owl or in the village near the exit. Take that to the lantern next to the ice containing the red brick.
Score x8 - Outside of Hogwarts (with the owl and carrot patch), use the pink Hermione pad. This will pull out a scarecrow and the red brick.
Score x10 - On the path down to Hagrid's, stay to the bottom of the screen and in front of the trees. This will take you down a path to a gate. Use the Hermione pad to unlock materials needed to open the gate. After going through, there will be a shiny statue; use Reducto to blow it up and reveal the red brick.
Stud Magnet - At the end of the left-side hall outside the Room of Requirement.
Super Strength - Outside of Hogwarts where you first use the Weasley Wizard boxes. Next to the "warehouse", there is an area to use Dark Magic. Use it and it will throw out the red brick.

*Need details

Uses

Most of these uses are self explanatory, but just for any and all clarification!

Advanced Guide - Shows how many collectables are in the area and how many you have collected. (Yellow brick, Student in Peril, Character tokens, and Red Brick)
Carrot Wands - The characters wands are carrots.
Character Studs - With this active, all characters drop studs when broken apart.
Character Token Detector - This will mark the locations of character tokens with a white arrow. With 200 of the tokens to collect, this is a valuable tool!
Christmas - Gives the characters Santa hats!
Collect Ghost Studs - With this active, the studs you pick up from the ghost are worth 1000 studs a piece.
Comedy Specs - Gives character bug eyes when using Spectroscope glasses
Disguise - Gives characters a fake nose and sunglasses
Extra Hearts - You have 6 hearts instead of 4.
Fall Rescue - If you were to fall off an edge, you are saved by magic and placed where you fell off.
Fast Dig - MUCH faster digging
Fast Magic - Faster magic
Gold Brick Detector - Shows the location of Gold Bricks with a yellow arrow. Since all Gold Bricks in levels are awarded at the end, the only use is for locating the Gold Bricks around Hogwarts.
Hogwarts Crest Detector - Shows the location of all the Hogwart Crest Pieces (red arrow = Gryffindor, green arrow = Slytherin, yellow arrow = Hufflepuff, and blue arrow = Ravenclaw)
Invincibility - You become invincible. No damage taken in any way.
Red Brick Detector - Shows the location of all red bricks with a red arrow.
Regnerate Hearts - Your hearts regenerate to full after you take damage. (pointless with Invincibility)
Score x2 - Studs are worth 2 times their normal value**
Score x4 - Studs are worth 4 times their normal value**
Score x6 - Studs are worth 6 times their normal value**
Score x8 - Studs are worth 8 times their normal value**
Score x10 - Studs are worth 10 times their normal value**
Stud Magnet - Studs are attracted to you at a greater distance
Super Strength - All characters can pull orange handles

**The score multipliers multiply. When you have all 5 of them active, your multiplier becomes x3480!

Prices

Red Brick - Price in studs
Advanced Guide - 2,500
Carrot Wands - 10,000
Character Studs - 75,000
Character Token Detector - 250,000
Christmas - 80,000
Collect Ghost Studs - 99,000
Comedy Specs - 1,250
Disguise - 5,000
Extra Hearts - 75,000
Fall Rescue - 125,000
Fast Dig - 60,000
Fast Magic - 75,000
Gold Brick Detector - 250,000
Hogwarts Crest Detector - 250,000
Invincibility - 500,000
Red Brick Detector - 250,000
Regenerate Hearts - 50,000
Score x2 - 200,000
Score x4 - 400,000
Score x6 - 600,000
Score x8 - 800,000
Score x10 - 1,000,000
Stud Magnet - 250,000
Super Strength - 75,000

Codes (incomplete)

Advanced Guide - ******
Carrot Wands - AUC8EH
Character Studs – H27KGC
Character Token Detector – HA79V8
Christmas – T7PVVN
Collect Ghost Studs – 2FLY6B
Comedy Specs - ******
Disguise - ******
Extra Hearts – J9U6Z9
Fall Rescue – ZEX7MV
Fast Dig - ******
Fast Magic - ******
Gold Brick Detector – 84QNQN
Hogwarts Crest Detector – TTMC6D
Invincibility – QQWC6B
Red Brick Detector – 7AD7HE
Regenerate Hearts - *****
Score Multiplier x2 – 74YKR7
Score Multiplier x4 - ******
Score Multiplier x6 – XK9ANE
Score Multiplier x8 – HUFV2H
Score Multiplier x10 – H8X69Y
Stud Magnet - ******
Super Strength – BMEU6X

Last edited by Wahammy; 11-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Wahammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
GlassVial

Let me help you a little:

"Conducto - Orange spell; used to break shiny silver objects" - this is called Reducto if I'm not mistaken

Also, fast dig and fast magic do exactly what they say, when you dig, you dig faster, when you use magic to "build" an item, it builds faster, this one is like "fast build" in previous lego games (and I believe there was fast dig in previous games as well).

I *think* what comedy specs does is when you get the spectrespecs, it gives you "bug eyes" when you put them on, maybe someone can confirm that.

Hope that helps, thanks for the guide
GlassVial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Wahammy

Wahammy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
Let me help you a little:

"Conducto - Orange spell; used to break shiny silver objects" - this is called Reducto if I'm not mistaken

Also, fast dig and fast magic do exactly what they say, when you dig, you dig faster, when you use magic to "build" an item, it builds faster, this one is like "fast build" in previous lego games (and I believe there was fast dig in previous games as well).

I *think* what comedy specs does is when you get the spectrespecs, it gives you "bug eyes" when you put them on, maybe someone can confirm that.

Hope that helps, thanks for the guide
Spell - thank you

Fast cheats - I have what they do, but I need more details on the locations

Comedy Specs - Thank you!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
GlassVial

Played a little more today, and yes the comedy specs give you bug eyes when you have the spectrespecs on, its cosmetic only, but it is amusing.
GlassVial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
shell2k6

shell2k6's Gamercard
just so you know,

you are missing the super strength extra from the location list. it is in the outside area you go with fred and george in the order of the pheonix. sorry can't remember where i got the red brick but im thinking it could have been the dig spot.
shell2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:39 AM   #6
Wahammy

Wahammy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell2k6 View Post
just so you know,

you are missing the super strength extra from the location list. it is in the outside area you go with fred and george in the order of the pheonix. sorry can't remember where i got the red brick but im thinking it could have been the dig spot.
Ah thank you for pointing that out! Added it. It's dark magic related
Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Wahammy

Wahammy's Gamercard
I could still use some help finishing this!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
dandoona1999

Locations:
Fast Dig: you have to use spectrespecs after going outside near hagrid's house you'll build a rock and get the red brick
Fast Magic: (not sure) but i think its in snape's class and you need to use dark magic
dandoona1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
robbiecam21

RobbieCam21's Gamercard
thanks, really useful
robbiecam21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
HM21

Annieronaldo's Gamercard
Post Need serious help

I'm finish with the game itself but when I go back into the hogwarts grounds it says I'm missing the red bricks.
Yet there's no owl for me to get the bricks even if I'm able to get them
I have done everything that is possible to get the bricks yet the detector is still saying the red brick is there any help?
HM21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
albaforce

Awesome! Thnx!
albaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
Apache117X

Apache117X's Gamercard
If you use the cheats it can unlock some of the red bricks, ones you might be missing.
Apache117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Harry98

HP98's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide
Harry98 is offline   Reply With Quote