PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #31
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
finally got it with the method above, ow and the guy has a white triangle above his head, not a red one..
You sure about this? Unless there are different characters that pop up, mine had a red symbol above his head. It looked to me like the exact same symbol that was above the head of the Templar/Borgia delivery guys in the previous two AC games. Can't remember what exactly they were called, but I remember in the previous games if you tackled them you got a bunch of money, but if you killed them you immediately became notorious. Well that's the exact same symbol that was above the head of this guy, and he looked identical to previous AC games. I chased him and tackled him, got the usual money from him, and the achievement unlocked. I was surprised, because it was essentially the same guy that would pop up in previous AC games, but never before had he been referred to as a tax collector, that I'm aware of.

Are you saying there is a DIFFERENT character that pops up with a white triangle above his head? And that you have to kill him? Because I tackled one of those red delivery guys with the red circle with a white line above their heads that run from you when you spot them, and it gave me the achievement. And actually, I only noticed one the entire time I played, and thankfully it was right at the beginning of Sequence 1.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #32
I Run Oregon

I Run Oregon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturionElite View Post
Tried all strategies above...40+ hours now...no tax person

Try hiding near the bank like in a hay stack until your deposit is made.... I hope it helps
I Run Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #33
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm in the same situation as CenturionElite... I've tried both the OP's method and the one in the YouTube video, and neither worked for me.

I THINK I actually saw one once, though. Some dude parkouring around that the camera automatically tracked - but it was RIGHT near the beginning, in the first mission after Masyaf when you're being shown around by the local guild-leader, and I couldn't pursue him without desynchronizing for being too far from my target... bah! They've made these guys WAY too rare.

EDIT: I replayed the 2-1 memory to check, and found out that what I'd caught a glance of wasn't a Tax Collector - just a couple of Byzantine Templars running ahead to set up an ambush. So that means that in my 25 hours of playtime, I haven't seen a SINGLE one of these blokes... gah!

EDIT de la EDIT: Finally got it, after following some instructions in the other Tax-threat... the key seems to be having money in the bank, then entering a bank and exiting again without withdrawing the money, and walking away a bit... that will spawn either a Stalker or a Tax Collector, so you may have to go through a few banks before you get a Taxman.

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!

Last edited by BlackDragon; 12-03-2011 at 05:18 AM.
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #34
Ixia Sith

Ixia Sith's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOutlaWDragooNX View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSemqMCDhs

i did this. i had a deposit in the bank like 10 mins before going to this area. and did what the video did and he popped at the same place. i also did it during the day. also my templar awareness was only like a 5%. and i have all areas controlled. and this is also after the main game. hope all this info helps.
Didn't work for me. I tried at least 20 times... None of the methods worked so far! I'm afraid I will miss this one...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #35
GreenRook

GreenRook88's Gamercard
Thank you so much!!!
GreenRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #36
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
anyone know what the icon looks like on the map? Is it similar to the borja carrier in brotherhood?

EDIT: Never mind saw the video..I saw one of those early on but didn't think it was the achievement....not sure I'll see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 12-10-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
96skyline

Boost King's Gamercard
Guys if you have appointed a master assassin to each den, them how the hell now a, I supposed to do this? I can't see, to unassigned a assassin to allow it to fall back under Templar control.
96skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
Yay just got it. The method from original poster worked. Waiting and waiting in a haystack and thought shit there he is. Run! Run!

Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #39
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
was collecting the pages when I saw him on the map right after a deposit. It doesn't matter if your den are assassins controlled. Too bad he was on the other side of a wall and ran away. Who knows when I'll see him again.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
xBuffx

i used the method the original poster posted and got it the 1st try after haven't been able to find one through the whole game.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
Fireball6554

Send a message via MSN to Fireball6554

LeBrony James's Gamercard
I haven't seen a single one yet, and I have at least 15+ hours played. I'll consider OP's method and report back later.
Fireball6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #42
p00pyfacemcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96skyline View Post
Guys if you have appointed a master assassin to each den, them how the hell now a, I supposed to do this? I can't see, to unassigned a assassin to allow it to fall back under Templar control.
I found one after I had master assassins over all the dens and the game completed, I read somewhere about hanging out around hagia Sophia during deposit time and he shows up, I tried in and walked around hagia Sophia and he spawned soon after the deposit.
p00pyfacemcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #43
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00pyfacemcgee View Post
I found one after I had master assassins over all the dens and the game completed, I read somewhere about hanging out around hagia Sophia during deposit time and he shows up, I tried in and walked around hagia Sophia and he spawned soon after the deposit.
I dont think it matters if the dens are assassin controlled, when i saw the tax guy i had all the dens controlled my master assains...i was near the harbor if that helps. i think you need to be near a bank when a deposit is made.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #44
96skyline

Boost King's Gamercard
Ok I finally got this POS achievement tonight. I can confirm the following:
- Got it at outside the bank at the middle of the map (bottom half).
- I have 100% the game with every tower controlled by a Master Assassin, so it does work even with 100% control. No need to start a new game save.
- The Tax Man spawned after I built the cash up to $78,000, ie my cash comes in increments of $26,000 or so, so at $78,000 is when the tax man rocked up.
- I chased him and BEAT THE LIVING FARK OUT OF HIM for the achievement, then I carried his body around for 5 minutes, throwing it everywhere to make a point that this has to be the most ridiculous achievement out there, wasted 3 nights stuffing around trying to get it. Sheesh.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #45
96skyline

Boost King's Gamercard
Also, tried to hang around the Hagia Sofia tower, but there are actually two of these, the one in the middle (lower section of map) and one on the middle (right side of the map). I beleive one is refered to as Little Hagia Sofia Tower. tried em both, to no avail. But I got it elsewhere anyways.

Thanks also for those that tried to assist with this acheivement, much appreciated.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #46
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96skyline View Post
Ok I finally got this POS achievement tonight. I can confirm the following:
- Got it at outside the bank at the middle of the map (bottom half).
- I have 100% the game with every tower controlled by a Master Assassin, so it does work even with 100% control. No need to start a new game save.
- The Tax Man spawned after I built the cash up to $78,000, ie my cash comes in increments of $26,000 or so, so at $78,000 is when the tax man rocked up.
- I chased him and BEAT THE LIVING FARK OUT OF HIM for the achievement, then I carried his body around for 5 minutes, throwing it everywhere to make a point that this has to be the most ridiculous achievement out there, wasted 3 nights stuffing around trying to get it. Sheesh.
This made me laugh...I'll try this and leave the money in the bank till he shows up. Love how you were carrying his body around to show your frustration. I plan on doing the same...maybe chuck him at a harold too.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #47
N1709

I saw 2 where the OP mentioned but couldn't catch them. I did however run into 3 by the Mercenary HQ and was able to catch one. Throwing knives definitely help if you dont mind the increase in notoriety (seems like a small price to pay to get this pain out of the way). Good luck everyone!
N1709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 AM   #48
icecrazy

Alefelippes's Gamercard
Mine got spawned next to a bank after a deposit, had control of all areas and the game done, hope it helps
Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #49
SaintBrosephus

NoodyMagzineDay's Gamercard
Ran around near the arsenal from the tree where an explosion happened near the bank to the shipmakers section back and forth until I got a deposit. Soon as I got a deposit and went through the arch the guy appears, I got my money and the achievement. I was skeptical, but this did work!
SaintBrosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #50
trublustuuk

trublustuuk's Gamercard
I guess I got lucky as got this as one of my first achievements. I saw an icon on the map and just thought it was one of the random guys that you can chase in Assassins Creed 2.

Mind I think it ran past me when I was at the bank so try standing arround banks see if it helps
Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #51
N1709

I don't know if there's a direct correlation or not, but when i was playing this morning, i saw one at every bank deposit but I was notorious the whole time. My assassin logo was almost fully red. I have all dens and have completed the story but don't have too much of a problem seeing them when i am notorious. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's scripted. Good luck!
N1709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #52
ADA2

When a deposit is made go near the palace in Topkapi, that is where he spawns
ADA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #53
ricanlinkci10

Speakinggibbon0's Gamercard
Does any one know if you could kill a tax collector and loot his body. I shot him with the hidden gun looted him and no achievement.
ricanlinkci10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #54
robotny

RONNY THE KING's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djelement85 View Post
I had completed the game and done everything apart from this achievement and after much trying I think I have worked out the problem..

I believe the Templar taxmen only spawn in Templar run areas and because I had taken over the dens that's why they wasn't spawning.. So today after much trying I thought I would go to the only place on the map still a restricted area which is in the top right of the bottom half of the map.. I think it is the sultans palace or something along them lines.. There is a bank towards the lower part of the large wall surrounding it and i just waited around that area until money went into my bank and within ten seconds one spawned.. You want to make sure you can see the red area on your mini map and the bank aswell.. I sat 3 times whilst money went into my bank and he spawned all 3 times..

Hopefully this helps people get this done..
Thanx man this helped me get the achievement
robotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #55
d.palapuz

M4KUHLETZ's Gamercard
Funny how I used to see a lot of these tax collectors in AC: Brotherhood.
I saw one once during the beginning of the story of AC: Revelations, after I killed it I've never seen one ever since.
It's hard not to miss it because the camera shifts onto the tax collector when he's on your screen. Just make sure that you run after him when he does show up.
Damn those templars and their taxes!
Old 12-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #56
Jayleene

jayleene's Gamercard
Hey guys,
i had the same problem as you. Then I try to do it near bank in Arsenal. And it worked for the first time!!!

I just wait behind that gate about 20 minutes.. then deposit was made in the bank... and he WAS there!!! I saw him from a big distance, so I chase him down.. and have the achievement. This method works!!! try it
Jayleene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #57
Angry Squrriel

AngrySqurriel's Gamercard
Couple of things, as I write this I have no idea if the pictures i have taken will show up here, hopefully they will

If your like me and struggle to picture where on the map Djelement85 is talking about hopefully this will help.

Now hopefully the first picture is of me in game, now im facing the wrong way but to honest that's irrelevant. Like everyone else, i have wasted lots of time hoping to find a tax man off chance, but Djelement85's method worked first time, was literally there 5 minutes before a bank deposit. And the second picture should be of the map showing the location on the map Djelement85 is talking about. Now if you look on my mini map, on the bottom of the map you can see a lil white object just about to be seen, thats the bank, just wait for a deposit and the guy spawns and its a nice easy kill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0730.jpg (78.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0731.jpg (59.1 KB, 31 views)
Angry Squrriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #58
Clockman89

Rurik Krychek's Gamercard
I can confirm the method Angry Squirrel recommended works--took somewhere between 6 to 12 minutes to appear. And thank you for the pictures, made finding the right place easier.
Clockman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #59
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Where you'd need to go is the Hagia Sofia tunnel. Stand near the tunnel and wait for the deposit. The son of a bitch should appear in 2-3 deposits.

I've tried it and he always appears everytime within 2-3 deposits, even after I killed him the first time I saw him. I've seen him 3 times now after using the Hagia Sofia tunnel method, which was posted on TA.

PS: He also appeared once when I was being chased by guards in the Arsenal.

Last edited by neeker75; 01-06-2012 at 06:36 AM.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #60
FireWarrior316

FireWarrior316's Gamercard
took me a little bit of running around but i caught him after chasing for about a minute. Little jerk was fast. he did it when i did my smoke bomb. so i had to look again to see which way he went.
FireWarrior316 is offline   Reply With Quote