PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #31
ATCS

ATCS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Mjoll the Lioness from Riften. nomnom.
Me too. But now do you have that f'ing asshat Aerin in your house all the time? I murdered him when he was standing upstairs in my bedroom and Mjoll came running up to fight me. I need that f'er dead.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCS View Post
Me too. But now do you have that f'ing asshat Aerin in your house all the time? I murdered him when he was standing upstairs in my bedroom and Mjoll came running up to fight me. I need that f'er dead.
Haha! Yeah, had I not reloaded and kept Marcurio in my Whiterun house, I would have had to kill Lydia. I'm not the jealous type, but she does nothing but sit there and watch me sleep. Unless she is with me she NEVER leaves my bedroom there. That would have been way too creepy.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #33
PerfectLink

PerfectLink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCS View Post
Haha, I had the same problem. At first I thought it was okay to have him follow her as a lackey. But after a while it just got insanely creepy having him stand over her in my own house in Solitude!

Therefore, I recommend you use this immensely satisfying plan to get rid of him. First I got the Black Star from the Azura quest. Then I asked Mjoll to follow me but told her to wait in the house. After that, Aerin leaves so I followed him outside of the city, cast a soul-trap spell on him and killed him and trapped his soul in the black star. No witnesses, no bounty. When my enchanting gets high enough, I plan to use his soul on some armor of mine so that I can wear it around the house in front of Mjoll, and she'll be none the wiser. Best of all, he's gone...forever!

1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.

2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.

3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.

4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.

5. You soon will forward this to another idiot.

6. There's still a stupid smile on your face.
PerfectLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #34
PimplyPete

PimplyPete's Gamercard
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Susanna_the_Wicked

Ported my Xbox save to the PC and used the console command so she's available for marriage. XD
Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #35
JelDeRebel

JelDeRebel's Gamercard
I married Muiri from Markarth. before you can marry her, you have to kill her ex-boyfriend XD. She's the Merchant type, also loves cooking O.o

JelDeRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I married the woman from the Riverwood trader. Faenlin apppears at my house randomly declaring his love. I will hunt him down soon enough. Might use a black soul gem on him too. Good idea PerfectLink.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #37
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
I married the miner girl Sylgja from Darkwater Crossing. She seemed nice enough at the time, but I didn't realize how attached she was to her pickaxe. She even takes it to bed with her. Also, completely phobic; refuses to leave the house. I'd take her back to her parents and marry someone else if I could.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #38
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Remarried Marcurio since I got the Solitude house, actually a pretty good husband so far. He is a great follower, as he is an efficient mage, and sets up shop giving you profits and another store you can access whenever.

I only have two problems with him- he is so snippy about not being a pack-mule when I ask him to trade equipment, and he'd rather sleep in the basement bedroll of my Solitude mansion instead of with me. Maybe he has something going on with Jordis, haha?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
Kirbster117

CaptainKirbster's Gamercard
*Minor Spoilers*

Married Ysolda at the beginning of the game and now doing the Daedric quest "Night to Remember" it seems very wierd seeing as she is talking about your marriage with someone else and commenting on what a lovely place you picked for marriage...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #40
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimplyPete View Post
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Susanna_the_Wicked

Ported my Xbox save to the PC and used the console command so she's available for marriage. XD
Awesome! I wanna marry her or Hroki in Markarth. How come Bethesda won't let me marry a slut but I can marry all kinds of old ladies?
gealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
Dwaaaaaaarf

AppliedDwarf's Gamercard
I married the woman from the Riverwood Trader (Can't even remember her name shows how good a husband I am)
Dwaaaaaaarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #42
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Aela the Huntress. I thought she was gonna be a bitch but she turned into a sweetie. Plus we're both werewolves so that would make for some interesting... alone time :P

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #43
Interfector DEI

interfector dei's Gamercard
I married Anwen I think her name is from the Temple of Dibella entrance I took off her robe to see her face and she isn't old/bad looking but its her dialogue that made me marry her xD
Interfector DEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #44
Matturtle

MJaxon88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panznerr View Post
Ashame i cured my Werewolf status. Talk about wild on a full moon with 2 wolves going at it But all kidding aside glad i picked Aela as a wife and follower.
damn i should have gone for her!!! i went for ysolda, she's a sweet one. mite go for aela next time.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #45
MrAwesome

hairyrussianman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Puma View Post
I fucked up, I married the woman trader from river wood just because se was the first I talked to with the option to marry her, wish I woulda known you can't remarry in skyrim.
I made the same mistake my friend.
Perhaps we can kill each other's wives....
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #46
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiser View Post
My female Wood Elf married Vorstag, a male Nord Warrior from Markarth. We moved into my house in Whiterun. I'm glad I picked him, he's good looking and sweet. (But, I'm sure all the married partners have the same dialogue). Sometimes he accompanies me in my dungeon diving adventures. Although, every time I have him as a follower, I'm worried that he might die. I don't want him to die! That's why whenever we go out, I make sure he's got the best armor and weapons that I can forge and improve!
My female Breton also married Vorstag, and for the same reasons. see i love Nords, but my first choice was Ralof. jesus he's the cutest Nord around.(blonde hair and blue eyes) unfortunately he is too important and cant be wed. but vorstag is a good second choice. i love it when he stirs the cooking pot, though i just really wanted Ralof.. he is just dreamy. Y U NO MAKE RALOF MY HUSBAND BETHESDA???
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
My female Breton also married Vorstag, and for the same reasons. see i love Nords, but my first choice was Ralof. jesus he's the cutest Nord around.(blonde hair and blue eyes) unfortunately he is too important and cant be wed. but vorstag is a good second choice. i love it when he stirs the cooking pot, though i just really wanted Ralof.. he is just dreamy. Y U NO MAKE RALOF MY HUSBAND BETHESDA???
Hahaha! You know now I feel like I'm neglecting him, since I'm at such a high level now, I won't take him out with me anymore, knowing that he will get killed for sure, since I got him at such a low level. Oh well...He's still nice to come home to and get money from. :P

It would have been nice if the player were able to marry Ralof or Hadvar...but as you said, they must just be too important to play the role of a house husband. Haha

It's also too bad we can't remarry...you know, encase of an unfortunate accident.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #48
Interfector DEI

Yes accidents like "Oh no my dual charged Thunderbolt spell charged itself and hit my sleeping spouse" xD
Old 12-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #49
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm gonna marry Barbas.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
PimplyPete

PimplyPete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealt View Post
Awesome! I wanna marry her or Hroki in Markarth. How come Bethesda won't let me marry a slut but I can marry all kinds of old ladies?
Haha, if you really wanna marry a "slut" try Haelga of Riften, if she's available. =D
Old 12-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #51
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interfector DEI View Post
Yes accidents like "Oh no my dual charged Thunderbolt spell charged itself and hit my sleeping spouse" xD
Yes. Exactly like that!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #52
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Better yet a divorce aswell. it would be as easy as saying we should go our separate ways, seriously do they even divorce? >.> i noticed people who had spouses never really talk about them. they are either single or living with their kids and whatever.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #53
SarahAran

SarahAran's Gamercard

I liked Farkas but I didn't like the fact that he was a bit of an airhead so I married his brother, Vilkas
SarahAran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #54
HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier's Gamercard
I first went for Mjoll, rawr, but then that character had too many corrupted quests. On the new character/new main, I got Aela. She doesn't have as nice of dialogue, but still real nice for a redhead.

Oh, also I wanted Hert, but it's too bad she's part of quest, and you more or less have to kill her.

Last edited by HeavenSoldier; 12-04-2011 at 01:41 AM.
HeavenSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #55
Interfector DEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAran View Post
I liked Farkas but I didn't like the fact that he was a bit of an airhead so I married his brother, Vilkas
Every time I talk to Farkas I think "HULK SMASH". I wish that you could marry some of the chicks in the tavern clothes like Hroki but noooooo you can't marry the sexy chicks lol
Old 12-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #56
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Another who went with ysolda, I never used companions while doing dungeons/quests heard they sometimes bugged or died, was hard enough trying to keep both my horses frost and shadowmere alive during dragon encounters, wouldn't have liked to keep the wife alive as well.

Ysolda was a cute option, she looks attractive even though she sometimes annoys me by standing behind me while enchanting/alchemying repeating the introduction 'hello my love'.

She's been a good wife no doubt because I took her out of that one bedroom shack in whiterun (even the thieves guild classed her shack not worth stealing from) to our manor in Solitude. She cooks, buys my useless crap and even gives me money daily because her trades have done well (which is odd because she never leaves the house, she must use tamriel-ebay or something).

Sadly I didn't know there was a werewolf option. Do you ever see her in changed form ? would be cool to see a werewolf cooking and sweeping up or just generally hanging around the house
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #57
mchunthunt

d0rksided's Gamercard
i was about to go with aela, but read the personality changes so i didn't want marriage to kill what i loved most about her (though red heads are my type, so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal)

i went with mjoll the lioness instead. she was the hottests next to aela for me... plus her accent is a bonus.

i'm using marcurio as a companion rn. i've been thinking about ditching his services for my wifey. i just don't want her to end up getting killed out on the road so i'm waiting until my buddy bites the dust, or if i'm in a bad mood and happen to snap when he is being a snarky pack mule. whichever comes first.

mchunthunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #58
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
It's awesome Skyrim's culture supports same-sex marriage. But then how completely backwards is it that folks cannot divorce and/or remarry? I just don't get why the developers/designers made it this way.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #59
hoochcougars07

hoochcougars07's Gamercard
Married

I married Aela. She is definitely the best person to marry if you still haven't decided yet
hoochcougars07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #60
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXM9000 View Post
It's awesome Skyrim's culture supports same-sex marriage. But then how completely backwards is it that folks cannot divorce and/or remarry? I just don't get why the developers/designers made it this way.
I don't think it was so much supporting homosexual marriage as it was making it easier to code marriages initiated by both male and female characters.

It would be much more difficult to code it so that if you're a male character, you can only marry a female, and if you're a female character, you can only marry a male, etc.

What I want to know is...are the marriages rather open-ended? Or is there only a select group of characters you can marry? For example...can I marry the daughter of the argumentative farmworkers from Ivarstead?