PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Angry So annoyed with Down Down

I'm on my last 100% Break It Down song and Teach Me How to Jerk has me enraged. When I did it on Break It Down on Hard on another save, I had no problem. Now I'm on easy, and the Down Down move to the right just will not work for me. I am doing the same thing every time and sometimes it says Flawless and other times I'm in the red... but I'm not changing what I'm doing!!

Help! I am going nuts here. Nothing is more frustrating and aggravating than not knowing what I am doing "wrong" since my "wrong" is also apparently "Flawless".

Any tips for this move?
To the left I'm ok.... and the Knee Down Down part is fine... it's ONLY the Down Down to the right that just won't count me consistently.

Last edited by Lucent Beam; 11-29-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Typo
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
mini kegchu

mini kegchu's Gamercard
I also find this frustrating... I'm doing the move exactly as requested, and my arms will go red.... when I'm not supposed to be doing anything with them anyways.... Then on other moves, I know I'm not moving my arms right and it says flawless!

Anyways, something I've been trying, which seems to work more times than not, is to bend your knees a bit and try to 'get into it' a little more... almost like over acting. It might not be your arms at all....

Good Luck!
mini kegchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Cully

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
Any tips for this move?
To the left I'm ok.... and the Knee Down Down part is time... it's ONLY the Down Down to the right that just won't count me consistently.
I'll take a look when I get home and see if I can find anything that might help.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
By the way, that should read "The Knee Down Down part is fine".
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

The solution was: BARELY DO THE DANCE MOVE.

Seriously..... I was "doing it too much". I just barely stood there and did the dance move sloppy and it counts every time.

At least I'm done with that stupid-ass Something to Prove achievement.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
Shad0wTroop3r

SoUL Last Hero's Gamercard
I finally am able to do this move and i found out you must be very exact for it to work.
My advice is once you slap and go down you must move your arms back toward your left shoulder then move your knee out then arms in knee in and repeat.
Just moving your knee around will never work it must be in rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty da stooge View Post
how do you make a game without a jump button these days!?! is his ponytail to heavy or something?
Shad0wTroop3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:02 AM   #7
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
I was also stuck on this, but I wasn't REALLY looking at the move.

All of what Shadowtrooper said is bang on, but also I noticed (or rather, my girlfriend did while watching me go for this one) is that on the first Down Down (to the right), you have both arms up in front of your chest while doing it. I had this down.

When you repeat this move to the left, you ONLY HAVE YOUR LEFT ARM UP, leave your right arm down by your side. Watch the move carefully, you will see what I'm talking about.

This is what kept me for quite a while from unlocking this achievement. I had never noticed the variation when you change direction, until my girlfriend pointed out that I was in fact doing the move incorrectly.

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

The problem I had was "Down Down" (which goes to the right) and unfortunately, although others have reported to do the move more exact or more exaggerated, the way it worked for me to was not actually do the move and just kind of flop around.

Your mile may vary, apparently!!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
Mike Kelehan

Mike Kelehan's Gamercard
I figured out what I was doing wrong with this move, and maybe some of you are having the same issue: standing up straight at the end is part of the move. After the last twist, stand up straight when the dancer does, or even before.
Mike Kelehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinectVoiceover View Post
Memo to all Dance Central players: Something to Prove achievement is not unlockable. No one can do it. It's true. Knee Down Down, Down Down cannot be performed flawlessly. No one can do it. Only dead people can do it. Harmonix certified info 100% true and correct. STOP WASTING YOUR DAMN TIME ON THIS FAKE ACHIEVEMENT! HARMONIX SAID THE SAME!
You're so pathetic. Stop being such a troll and posting lies on every forum you go to.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #11
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
You're so pathetic. Stop being such a troll and posting lies on every forum you go to.
He sent me that as a message today on XBL... after I had got the achievement a year ago.... WTF?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
He sent me that as a message today on XBL... after I had got the achievement a year ago.... WTF?
That's what really makes me laugh. He sends me messages about achievements being unobtainable, yet I have them all. He sucks.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote