PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Armored Puma

Armored Puma's Gamercard
"Waking Nightmare" glitch

The quest waking nightmare, the quest for the daedric item Skull of corruption.
Well you have to follow the guy up to the tower, well when he got to the tower and went in I followed, and he's nowhere to be found. I check the mini map and it shows him way off the map and there is nowhere to go to get to him.

Anybody else have this happen or know how to fix it?
Armored Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
- Reload an earlier save
- Wait (with ) for a few days and see if he appears
- Go back to the Inn to see if he somehow respawned there
- Deactivate the quest, complete another one, activate the quest again and go to the tower

That's the best advice I can give. I've already completed that quest, and if I recall correctly, he should've been inside the tower after entering.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Armored Puma

Armored Puma's Gamercard
Yeah, I did a little research and it seems to be common, I can't reload a previous save because Ive done a lot since my previous hard save, and the auto save won't work either because I've walked in and out many times so it's overwritten my autos with useless ones.

On pc there's a quick fix with some command in console, I was just wondering if their was something I could do to trigger him to pop up, guess not.
Armored Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I probably will wait for the patch that is coming and hope it fixes it.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
SpaceOttersea

SpaceOttersea's Gamercard
this happened to me too. i entered the tower and it said "your companion can't follow you here" or something to that effect, and I'm assuming that's referring to Lydia, who is still waiting outside if i check on her. i guess it's back to the old save for me :/
SpaceOttersea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i had this problem near the beginning of the game,i looked on the net and it fixed my problem

i reloaded a handy save and when he went through the door,you had to wait a good 10 seconds before following him...i did that and he was on the other side

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
Murdok1

murdok84's Gamercard
I had the same problem when I went inside and Erandur had disappeared. Luckily I had saved outside the building before going in and used metallicorphan's tip of waiting 10 seconds. That worked for me. Thanks!
Murdok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I didn't experience the glitch of the guy disappearing, although the game did crash my Xbox the first time I went into the tower. Thought it was going to happen the second time too but it just took forever to load.

Luckily I had a REALLY recent save though - kept getting my ass handed to me by 3 sabre cats jumping on me all at once. Thanks for the help Erandur you worthless piece of crap. Payback's a bitch ya know...
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I haven't done this yet but it did make me look it up and read about it. I sent the link to my iPad, so when I do, I can get it right...hopefully.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote