PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Indiana Jones
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
It's been a while....so a question.

So it's been like four years since I played this, and I've decided to mop up my last achievements for the 1000g.

However, a question.

Say I'm running a level in free play, I can scroll my characters using the shoulder buttons (days before the character wheel), but what if the game doesn't give me the random character I need? What do I do.

Example - level one I picked a thuggee character to use the statue, but using the shoulders did not give me a grenade character. My enemy bazooka man was left on the sidelines, so I couldn't blow the silver gate.

Any way around this?
Last Achievement : 100 Times Too Many - Alien Isolation (Xbox One) - 5g
Last 100% Completion : Alien Isolation (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Well, it's been awhile since I've played that one, too. Unfortunately, that game's too early for them implementing the character select screen by holding Y.

In my experience, the group of characters it gives you for Free Play will be a collection of minifigs you've unlocked and it gives you at least one character with each ability. There's a good chance you have the Enemy Officer in your grouping that can throw grenades, which is why you don't have Bazooka Guy.

The only thing I can really suggest beyond checking out the abilities of the characters you've got to see if you missed that another fig could break the silver bricks, is to just be sure to choose Bazooka Guy as one of the two minifigs you get to select before the level begins.

Hope it helps...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
I may have had enemy officer, but it's been four years....I can't remember who can do what. I'll check that out tonight. Cheers bud

Old 05-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I remember some lego games actually would start you without all the proper characters. This includes this game, Batman, and Lotr. It always seems to be the explosion character, too. I would always select him as your main character when you play, and then it will give you the rest of them.

It's been a while since I played but I do remember that.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I may have had enemy officer, but it's been four years....I can't remember who can do what. I'll check that out tonight. Cheers bud
The Enemy Officer and the Bazooka Guy are the only two characters who have explosive abilities, so just choose one of them and you should be good to go...

EDIT:

Alright, so for "How we say goodbye in Germany". and "Trouble with her is the noise." you're gonna wanna go into the Ancient City bonus level in Free Play. It is unlocked after you have collected the artifacts for Temple of Doom (which you need to do for the achievement for getting all of the artefacts, so...).

That level is pretty small and has 1 opportunity to use the Nazi disguise to open doors and 2 spots where you can shatter glass with the female character's scream. After you've gotten them, just exit out (save and quit) and then start up the level and do it again until the achievements pop.

Unfortunately, everything else you have left is collecting everything, unlocking all minifgs and playing the bonus level. The best I can suggest for getting that stuff easily is entering in the cheat codes:

Parcels
  • Artifact Detector - VIKED7
  • Beep Beep - VNF59Q
  • Character Treasure - VIES2R
  • Disarm Enemies - VKRNS9
  • Disguises - 4ID1N6
  • Fast Build - V83SLO
  • Fast Dig - 378RS6
  • Fast Fix - FJ59WS
  • Fertilizer - B1GW1F
  • Ice Rink - 33GM7J
  • Invincibility - B83EA1
  • Parcel Detector - VUT673
  • Poo Treasure - WWQ1SA
  • Regenerate Hearts - MDLP69
  • Secret Characters - 3X44AA
  • Silhouettes - 3HE85H
  • Super Scream - VN3R7S
  • Super Slap - 0P1TA5
  • Treasure x2 - VM4TS9
  • Treasure x4 - VLWEN3
  • Treasure x6 - V84RYS
  • Treasure x8 - A72E1M
  • Treasure x10 - VI3PS8
  • Treasure Magnet - H86LA2
Minifigs

• Barranca - 04EM94
  • Belloq (Desert) - CHN3YU
  • Belloq (Jungle) - TDR197
  • Belloq (Priest) - VEO29L
  • Boxer - 8246RB
  • British Commander - B73EUA
  • British Officer - VJ5TI9
  • British Trooper - DJ5I2W
  • Captain Katanga - VJ3TT3
  • Chatterlal - ENW936
  • Chucin - 3NK48T
  • Colonel Dietrich - 2K9RKS
  • Colonel Vogel - 8EAL4H
  • Dancing Girl - C7EJ21
  • Desert Digger - 12N68W
  • Desert Enemy Officer - 2MK45O
  • Desert Masked Bandit - N48SF0
  • Desert Monkey Man - 3RF6YJ
  • Desert Soldier - 4NSU7Q
  • Desert Swordsman - 1MK4RT Donovan - 3NFTU8
  • Dr. Schneider (Desert) - JSNRT9
  • Dr. Schneider (Officer) - VMJ5US
  • Enemy Bazookaman - S93Y5R
  • Enemy Butler - VJ48W3
  • Enemy Communications Officer - 1MF94R
  • Enemy Guard - VJ7R51
  • Enemy Guard (Nepal) - YR47WM
  • Enemy Officer - 572E61
  • Enemy Pilot - B84ELP
  • Fedora - V75YSP
  • First Mate - 0GIN24
  • Grail Knight - NE6THI
  • Hovitos Tribesman - H0V1SS
  • Indiana Jones (Officer) - VJ85OS
  • Indiana Jones (Disguised) - 4J8S4M
  • Jungle Guide - 24PF34
  • Kaokan - WMO46L
  • Kazim (Desert) - 3M29TJ
  • Kazim (Venice) - NRH23J
  • Laoche - 2NK479
  • Maharaja - NFK5N2
  • Major Toht - 13NS01
  • Mola Ram - FJUR31
  • Pankot Assassin - 2NKT72
  • Pankot Guard - VN28RH
  • Punjabi Dignitary - KD48TN
  • Punjabi Village Elder - 4682E1
  • Sherpa Brawler - VJ37WJ
  • Sherpa Gunner - ND762W
  • Slave Child - 0E3ENW
  • Thuggee - VM683E
  • Thuggee Chatterlal - CNH4RY
  • Thuggee Priest - T2R3F9
  • Thuggee Slavedriver - VBS7GW
  • Willie (DJ) - VK93R7
  • Willie (Pajamas) - MEN4IP
  • Wuhan - 3NSLT8
You'll still have to play through a few things to mop up, but this should get you most of the achievements you have left fairly quickly.

Cheers!

Last edited by Jack Frost; 05-23-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Cheers man.

The cheats won't really be needed as I'll unlock the characters as I play. I might use the treasure ones to get true adventurers out of the way. I don't mind entering the cheats, as I've beat the game in the past.

Overall, it should be fairly simple to complete. I've only go t two grindy achievements left, so hopefully they don't take too long.

Thanks puppies, as I said it was explosives I was missing. I'll just always select bazooka man!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Sorry for the double post -

Is it only willie who can scream?

I'm getting the same problem, as whenever I take explosive guy I don't get willie. It always gives me Marion (so, it's obviously trying to give me a female), but Marion can't scream so it's forcing me to restart.....

Old 05-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #8
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Sorry for the double post -

Is it only willie who can scream?

I'm getting the same problem, as whenever I take explosive guy I don't get willie. It always gives me Marion (so, it's obviously trying to give me a female), but Marion can't scream so it's forcing me to restart.....
Yeah, I think you have to use Willie.

Doesn't the character select allow you to choose 2 minifigs to go into each level?

If so, start deliberately selecting Bazooka Dude and Willie... :/
Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Willie also never spawns for me in the college. Ever. So it's gonna be a while for that fifty smashed glass achievement.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Willie also never spawns for me in the college. Ever. So it's gonna be a while for that fifty smashed glass achievement.
Why aren't you using the Ancient City level?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #11
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

I lost my save, so I'm still playing through the game.

Doing the story level, then freeplay straight after. I'm on 7/18 ATM.

I'll use ancient city when I get to it, but it speeds it up if I can just grab one smash every time I exit a level. It means I have 36 done by the time I finish the game....

Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
I lost my save, so I'm still playing through the game.

Doing the story level, then freeplay straight after. I'm on 7/18 ATM.

I'll use ancient city when I get to it, but it speeds it up if I can just grab one smash every time I exit a level. It means I have 36 done by the time I finish the game....
Oh, okay, I see...
Old 05-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #13
Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Cheers for your advice, got it all finished now. Blah, lego Harry potter 1-4 next....I'm in the same boat with that, lost save, starting from scratch.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #14
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Cheers for your advice, got it all finished now. Blah, lego Harry potter 1-4 next....I'm in the same boat with that, lost save, starting from scratch.
Yeah, I got the 1000 on that back when it originally came out. You're in luck in the sense that the achievement list is easier. None of that "use X ability Y times" crap.