PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #31
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
got it. will work on this 15/50 taunts.

been trying away to get this.

good guide.

did what guide said and got 50/50 taunts.

which is what i did, minus the panda suit.

Xbox Gamercards

Last edited by DanielH; 02-25-2012 at 03:18 AM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #32
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I figured out how to make this work. Just have to make sure you kill your gang members so you can keep the enemy gang members alive. I now have the achievement. Thanks for the guide.

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #33
pillowpxnts

xtastethechaosx's Gamercard
Thank you for the tip, it worked well. Only 10 more survival waves and then I will have 1000/1000G on this game!
pillowpxnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #34
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
Okay, maybe I am just losing it, but I can't get this to work. I start the Mayhem, wait for Deckers to come, and go into Friendly Fire, but I don't have time to taunt them, cuz they hop right back into their car and I have to shoot the car to get them out, go into Friendly Fire, and it becomes an endless loop.
I tried shooting out the tires on the car, but they still try to drive away. I tried blowing up the car, but they are too close to it and die. I can't seem to get them to stray far from their car. Also, my own people attack and kill them before I can do anything, which annoys me.
What am I doing wrong?
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #35
LDHughes

UnworthyPower's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonusDarque View Post
Okay, maybe I am just losing it, but I can't get this to work. I start the Mayhem, wait for Deckers to come, and go into Friendly Fire, but I don't have time to taunt them, cuz they hop right back into their car and I have to shoot the car to get them out, go into Friendly Fire, and it becomes an endless loop.
I tried shooting out the tires on the car, but they still try to drive away. I tried blowing up the car, but they are too close to it and die. I can't seem to get them to stray far from their car. Also, my own people attack and kill them before I can do anything, which annoys me.
What am I doing wrong?
Shoot the Deckers vehicle gradually until it sets on fire and dont put another bullet in that car, the deckers will run away from it, let it explode, THEN go into friendly fire. Try to get it so the car is more in the open so they have room to run away. Also if you have friendlies in the area then the Deckers will be too busy firing upon them to run away, so kill your own guys first.

When you come back out they have no car to get into and just start patrolling.

GT: Unworthy Power

Last edited by LDHughes; 12-22-2011 at 07:49 AM.
LDHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #36
DragonusDarque

See, I tried blowing up their cars. I would stop shooting when it started on fire, but they never ran far enough away and always get killed. Or, my own people kill them. I manage to get a couple each time now, though, so I will just have to take my time doing it. I still have an entire act to do it, as I am only in Act 2, and only have 3 challenges left, so I think I am doing okay.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #37
DragonusDarque

Couple of things:
First, I don't know how OP said you can get 10 - 15 taunts per round doing his method. I am lucky if I get 5. I can't get them to face me correctly, so I have to try to taunt each one like 10 times before it finally catches.
Second, Can this method still be used in Act 3? I am kinda sick of doing it over and over right now (especially averaging 3 or 4 a round, it is taking forever), and want to move on with the story a bit, but want to make sure I can still get it in Act 3 if I decide to move on.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #38
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Dragonus, I mean no offense by this, but I believe you have been told before at least once or twice (one of them was me if I'm remembering correctly) that all of the challenges can be completed after story completion.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #39
DragonusDarque

I think you are mistaken, Axel. I do remember being told I could do them all after getting 100% city takeover, but I don't remember reading that I could do it after beating the storyline, which is why I asked.
If you are correct, then I apologize. For some reason, I can't find half of the threads I am supposed to be tracking in here. They keep disappearing from my list, or I am incorrectly updating them when adding comments, so I couldn't find some of the answers I have gotten.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #40
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Ah, well as I said I meant no offense or rudeness, just stating . But yeah, to clarify then, you can do them all at 100% takeover and after story completion

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #41
The Bertard

The Bertard's Gamercard
There is an easier way for this. If you load an early file (if you have one I had one at only 5% complete) then load your current file it tricks the game and random enemy gang members spawn. I did this and completed it in about half an hour. Much easier than reloading the mayhem mission
The Bertard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #42
DragonusDarque

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bertard View Post
There is an easier way for this. If you load an early file (if you have one I had one at only 5% complete) then load your current file it tricks the game and random enemy gang members spawn. I did this and completed it in about half an hour. Much easier than reloading the mayhem mission
Actually, that's only easier if you know about it before you are at 87% game completion. Doesn't help me now.

I think I know part of the problem with mine. Only half of mine are counting after exiting the mayhem. I went into one with 29 and, right before time ran out, the counter popped up on screen saying I had 40 out of 50. After failing and exiting the activity, I checked the challenges list in the phone and it said I had 34! Seconds before, it said I had reached 40, now it is down to 34. So, even though I did 11, I only got final credit for 5 of them.
No clue why, but there it is. That is why I can only get a couple each round.

Update: Finally got it, and the achievement that goes with it. The odd thing is, I must have complimented a few gang members, cuz I got the achievement while only having 45 for taunts. But, at least I finally got it. Now, the only challenge I need is the survival, which I think I am in act 3 now, so it shouldn't be long of a wait.

Last edited by DragonusDarque; 12-25-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #43
chetwaters

dornick's Gamercard
this method works very well thanks op
chetwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #44
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
This is very simple to do, even post game.

Find enemy gang member(s) that you do not have any 'wanted' level with. Face them and make sure they are facing you. Taunt them. They will turn hostile and will attack you. Sprint away from them and break Line of Sight. Don't fight back, just simply sprint away and the 'wanted' level will drop. If possible, sprint to a store that you own to reset your 'wanted' level. Go back to same area and you will find a new enemy gang member to taunt. Rinse and repeat.

EZPZ
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #45
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for this!
Managed to get around 5 taunts each time, didn't take as long as I thought it would.

100,000G - 31/10/2014
Mr Chaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #46
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
@ OP - Awesome guide! Took me about 20 - 25 minutes to get the rest with this. Thanks man!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #47
ace8760

ace8760's Gamercard
Another easy method can be done if you still have a vehicle theft mission remaining that involves stealing a car that will raise your gang wanted level instead of your cop wanted level. Same method as before involving running into a store you own to reset your wanted level after starting their car on fire etc... However, if your wanted level ever drops too low, or you accidentally kill everyone you can just jump back into the car you are trying to steal and your wanted level will automatically jump back up to 3 stars so you dont have to go find people to taunt. Got 50 of them in less than an hour.
ace8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #48
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'll add a link to this in the Challenge guide with credit. Thanks.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #49
takuto neko

Send a message via AIM to takuto neko

takuto neko's Gamercard
Cheers for this tip..I've yet to try it out but I was seriously dreading this but now your solution sounds very good..Will be giving this a go for sure.
takuto neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #50
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I helped a friend get this challenge. I hadn't completed the game and he had. He came into my game and I just parked my guy in a store. My friend ran around taunting people. Since I was already hanging out in a store, he just had to go into a store to wipe notoriety.

So, if you know someone willing to do this for you, makes it pretty easy. I don't plan to go after the achievement for all challenges complete. I did do the taunts before beating the game just in case I change my mind one day.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #51
thbrett

50 Taunts Easy Way

Go to Salander Planet Saints and put the game on hardcore then if drive around you will see Deckers walking around "note not a lot of them but you will still see them around" taunt them then run back to the store and wipe the notoriety then do over till you get all 50.
thbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
Falchion17

Falchion17's Gamercard
Great guide, I had all but given up on this challenge since I didn't even start it until I was 100% complete. I would just like to mention that you can only taunt each gang member once with this method. Even if you run inside a store and get the Decker's level down you don't get credit for another taunt on the same individual.

Falchion17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #53
Darkseide

Darkseide's Gamercard
The Zombies make this hard to do.
EDIT: Whoops, my bad. Totally read that all wrong

Last edited by Darkseide; 02-14-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Read it wrong
Darkseide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #54
myalt22

CracKforBrumak's Gamercard
I think that the latest patch has allowed you the ability to taunt in combat.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my challenge counter definitely went up when I taunted them during a survival mission.
myalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #55
Xer0 Ph0kus

Xer0 Ph0kus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by myalt22 View Post
I think that the latest patch has allowed you the ability to taunt in combat.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my challenge counter definitely went up when I taunted them during a survival mission.
When did this patch come out? I haven't played SR3 in 3 weeks or so and had given up on the challenges until more DLC comes out hoping there would be gang members.
Xer0 Ph0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #56
rogge123ads
Banned User

SaporificTub5's Gamercard
Thumbs up thanks

The tip took me about 10 minutes because I did not have so many left.
rogge123ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #57
BowManHomie

Send a message via Skype™ to BowManHomie

BowManHomie's Gamercard
I did not have to do this. After I have 100% the game I luckily ran into some morningsaints the red guys and got a level 5 notoriety with them, i then began taunting them and it counted as a taunt whilst they were shooting at me I was able to rack up the 50 taunts with no troubles. So I guess it's just the matter of how the game behaves for you. After further reading of the thread I saw that they patched so you can taunt during combat, guess I was doing it after the patch.

Last edited by BowManHomie; 02-16-2012 at 05:57 AM.
BowManHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #58
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
Okay, I'm having trouble with this. Whenever I start the activity and get to Friendly Fire, my Gang Notoriety is at two stars but absolutely no Decker members show up....
Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #59
mr.tingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D347H0FL0V3 View Post
Okay, I'm having trouble with this. Whenever I start the activity and get to Friendly Fire, my Gang Notoriety is at two stars but absolutely no Decker members show up....
Start the Pimp Activity and steal some whores. No the Deckers came and starting shooting at you. Now just taunt every enemy Gang member

Sorry for my english
mr.tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #60
JONOXATRON

jonjoe00@hotmail.com's Gamercard
Thanks alot for this, i only had 3 when i 100% completed this game, this was a perfect solution, and it didnt take very long at all, thanks alot...
JONOXATRON is offline   Reply With Quote