PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > King of Fighters XIII
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #31
Rockman1974

Rockman1974's Gamercard
Do you guys know if I can boost the special move/cancel move achievements through player matches on Live? I'm trying to kill several birds with one stone.

Thanks for the info.
Rockman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #32
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman1974 View Post
Do you guys know if I can boost the special move/cancel move achievements through player matches on Live? I'm trying to kill several birds with one stone.
Nope, it clearly states Arcade/Versus only, not Xbox Live, but I find it easier to do all of those Misc. achievements on Arcade, since your gauge always fills up quickly to do them.

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #33
bentiancai

Legend make's Gamercard
Quote:

Thanks for the info.
I did all the super finishes and cancel achievement in versus mode, if you have two controllers, set 1p with everything max and 2p with 50% of life, and there you go.
bentiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #34
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Oh yeah, forgot that too you can set the handicap each match in versus...

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #35
[ Vehemence ]

I find this guide very useful...thanks The Stray. For the asshole that just seems to talk shit about your guide, let him smother in his own vomit for it's only bile that he seems to let spew out.

One thing for sure, you might want to add that this game would be a little (a lot) more easier with an arcade stick. I don't play many fighters on the console, but at the arcade it was great. I need to grab me one if I ever want to have fun on this game again....definitely need it for the trial mode.

Some of these achievo's are self-explanatory, but thanks for explaining the others.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Arcade sticks are pricey accessories.

A cheaper alternative is the 360 Fight Pad made by Madcatz, officially endorsed by Microsoft.

They've got "Street Fighter IV" characters on them and can be picked up for a fraction of the cost of an arcade stick.

The larger D Pad seems to suit itself well for precision input.

Az

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #37
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Is there any way to boost the 10-win streak? My nerves barely handled the 5-win streak on 3SO, and just like in that game, I have no experience at all.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #38
bentiancai

Legend make's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
Is there any way to boost the 10-win streak? My nerves barely handled the 5-win streak on 3SO, and just like in that game, I have no experience at all.
There is no good way to boost, as said before, 10 wins streak will be a nightmare for a lot of people.
bentiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #39
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Yeah, you're gonna have to get your A-game up...Of course, you can boost the ones that also say player match in them.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #40
rabblerouser

jaguarsleepover's Gamercard
has anyone tried changing the language on your xbox?
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #41
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

I wouldn't see how that would work, considering you fight randoms, unless you change the settings for a custom room.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #42
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentiancai View Post
There is no good way to boost
Yes, no GOOD way, but is there ANY kind of option that can narrow down your search results? Kan you DC and keep your streak? I'm willing to try anything.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #43
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Haven't tried that, but who knows if willing to do it anyway.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #44
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Iirc, DC worked in SFIV (not that I needed it there though), but I don't think it's a common mistake. I guess I'll just try to get it the old fashioned way.

I hear Raiden is nerfed in the console version, is he still good?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #45
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Well, I think Raiden may got buffed or nerfed, but from what I hear, he's a bit balanced in the console ports.

Also, it seems DC/Ragequitting (to dashboard) works, but you have to make sure to not get your 3rd person KO'd or it'll save progress. (Just tested it now.)

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 AM   #46
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Ok, thanks for the info. At least now I have a way to do it if I just can't do it legitimately.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #47
Captain K

shibakevin's Gamercard
Ugh, please don't encourage people to dc/ragequit. That'll kill the online for this game faster than anything.
Captain K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #48
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Well, if I wanted the achievement badly, then I had to get it, and I did, at least I don't have to worry now, since all I need are the rest of the online done.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #49
Rockman1974

Rockman1974's Gamercard
Hey everyone,

I'm having some difficulties getting the Super Cancels and Max Cancels to work properly. Does anyone have some good tips for characters I should practice with to get the timing right?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #50
SUBJECT BK201

SUBJECT BK201's Gamercard
Myself, Aizen and PRSNightfire tried a few ways to boost the 10 in a row.
Changing language on your console doesn't help, specific timing of match searching didn't help either. Its actually quite hard to get into a fight with someone on purpose, even with one person in ranked/training and the other searching for matches didn't work (with the friend on your FL or not).

In the end i went for the achievement legitly and got conned out of the 10th match.

A couple of things i can contribute though-

If you dashboard on the matchup screen (the screen that shows the connection, player names, records etc.) you definitely keep whatever streak you are on at that point. If the opponent quits during the match, you do not gain a win/loss but you still keep your streak also.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I'm having some difficulties getting the Super Cancels and Max Cancels to work properly. Does anyone have some good tips for characters I should practice with to get the timing right?

Thanks in advance.
Who are you using and what particular cancel are you trying to achieve? Is it a trial mission?

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF I GET A RANDOM FR WITHOUT A MESSAGE, I'll DECLINE IT.
SUBJECT BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #51
Rockman1974

Rockman1974's Gamercard
I'm currently using Kyo, Terry and K. I have been out of fighters since around 2001 or so, and trying to get back into the genre. I just ordered a fight stick, but it won't arrive for a while now, so the trials will have to wait. Right now I'm having a hard time finding the right timing for any of the super cancels or the max cancels. I can pull off basic drive cancels with ease, but for some reason I have a hard time with supers and maxs. Take Terry as an example, I got from his Burn Knuckle to his Buster Wolf, but what's the timing for the second input? In other words, the second he breaks loose into the Burn Knuckle do I input the command immediately or do I input the motion and wait for the button press at the moment of impact?

I appreciate any tips you've got for me. I'm sure things will ease up a bit with more practice and that stick. It feels good getting back into the genre after a decade away.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #52
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Well, think of this example this way, of around using 3-5 bars with HD mode on, and 2 you can do certain cancels immediately or by during a super combo with continuous hits.

Example: (EX) Burn Kunckle > (EX) Buster Wolf > Trinity Geyser.

Note: (EX) means EX version of the move (2 button press) and is entirely optional of the combo.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #53
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain K View Post
Ugh, please don't encourage people to dc/ragequit. That'll kill the online for this game faster than anything.
Frankly, you can blame the developers for making DCing profitable. I know I won't use it unless I need to save a streak of 5 or more.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #54
SUBJECT BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray View Post
Well, think of this example this way, of around using 3-5 bars with HD mode on, and 2 you can do certain cancels immediately or by during a super combo with continuous hits.

Example: (EX) Burn Kunckle > (EX) Buster Wolf > Trinity Geyser.

Note: (EX) means EX version of the move (2 button press) and is entirely optional of the combo.
@Rockman1974

What he said, but do take into account that *some* special moves & DM's that hit multiple times like for example Duo Lon's "Hiden- Genmu Bakkou Shikon" are quite specific in the way you cancel to a NEOMAX. With his in particular, when his DM connects, it switches sides. One of my mates threw quite the hissy fit the other day when doing his trials because he didn't realise that you had to do the NEOMAX the other way around even though he was on the 1P side to begin with.. it wasn't helped further when i explained to him that depending on your own timing, canceling EX Genmu Bakkou Shikon is even more silly since Duo Lon CONSTANTLY changes sides during the DM so you can input the NEOMAX either way so longs as Duo Lon was on the correct side for your input when you completed it.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #55
Rockman1974

Rockman1974's Gamercard
Thanks for the info. I'll attempt this again tomorrow as I haven't had the chance over the past day and a bit. Been super busy. I found it weird that I was able to pull off basic Drive Cancels no problem, and therefore HD Cancels, but Super Cancels and Mac Cancels were never popping for me for some reason. I'll let you know my progress tomorrow afternoon.

Having a great time with the game just the same though. Been getting destroyed online, but hey, that's how you learn.

Last edited by Rockman1974; 12-01-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #56
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Once I saw 9/10 I stopped reading Why do they have to make fighting games so hard!?
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #57
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray View Post
Yes! I'm the best! - 50
Clear 200 trials in Trial mode

Simply complete 200 trials in Trial mode, since there are around 36 characters with 10 Trials each, pick the characters that are most suitable and easier to use and perform the trials with them. For a video check of trials, head to HardEdgeOfficial's YouTube Channel to see them all.
Haha, "Simply". Well maybe to an extent since there are 360 trials total correct? Not to mention there are DLC characters that will be added(with trials) so their first few should help give leeway as well right?

I havent played this game yet but if you can get at LEAST the first 5 trials done with each character you can have 180 done. Wait on those DLC characters for your last 20 trials and you can unlock this with minimum problems! This method works for those non-extremists in combo trials for fighting games.

And Neo, once Vesper finishes all the character trial videos, you think you'll replace the Hard Edge Link with Vesper's? Maybe just throw them both up there since both guys make exceptional combo guides!

Can't wait to play this!

Last edited by FeLizP; 12-01-2011 at 03:43 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #58
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Yeah, nice going there FelizP, I'll update it whenever Vesper gets a chance at everyone's trials, and more to come soon.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #59
SUBJECT BK201

Speaking of trials, has anyone done Elisabeth's no.3?

Cos i swear i'm going to Buster Wolf my TE stick in the process of trying to complete it.

"Jump in D, close standing C, qcf+B/D~ hcb-f+A/C"

I can do the qcf+/B/D into command grab every single time with no issue OUTSIDE of a link, but to 2 in 1 this from just a standing C is giving me a f****** headache now.

Anyone know if there is any particular trick to linking this that i'm not seeing?

Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #60
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Yeah, I found doing "Betty's" trials up to level 3 and higher are a pain in the ass, and with strict input timing as well. I found out that after 1-2 frames when she does the DP move, you have to hit the QCF motion afterwards, doing it immediately always performs her super all the time.

On the subject of trials though, you must have a 60% or higher trial compeltion rate to unlock the achievement, I now already got this, and it was a chore too.

Sig by Setsuna