PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Still paly this game?
Yes! i will still be very active in this game! 11 14.67%
Not as much, but I'll definitely still be playing this game! 21 28.00%
Meh, from time to time for some throwback lulz.. 22 29.33%
No. I've had enough of this game, I'm wore out of it. 12 16.00%
NO! Hated this game and always will! 9 12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
So much better than Black Ops and MW 3

Xbox Gamercards
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #32
Auron Surmount

Auron Surmount's Gamercard
The correct answer to this question should be No. If you have 100%d the game and played your fill of online. Then there is no reason to play it. If you got all the achievements you should be repelled by it and if you have prestiged you should also stop ;D Move on to better games. I learned my lesson by getting all the achievements in this game. So many endless hours of screaming at my tv... at least it never yelled back.

Most Recent 100%: Fable 2 (1350/1350)
100% Retail Games: (22), 100% Arcade Games: (10), 1000+gs Games: (5),
Currently Working on: Forza 3 (920/1000): Solid Gold
Also Working on: Fable 3 (1230/1250): We Need Guns, Lots of Guns
Next on the List: Forza Horizon, Forza 4, Dragon Age 2, FF13, Madden 08
Auron Surmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
Nitroglencerin

nitroglencerin's Gamercard
I have to say no, but definitely for a different reason. I had MW2 on PC, which has since crapped out on me. I enjoyed MW2 a lot more than Black Ops, which I abandoned after three months.

Nitroglencerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #34
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Surmount View Post
The correct answer to this question should be No. If you have 100%d the game and played your fill of online. Then there is no reason to play it. If you got all the achievements you should be repelled by it and if you have prestiged you should also stop ;D Move on to better games. I learned my lesson by getting all the achievements in this game. So many endless hours of screaming at my tv... at least it never yelled back.
A couple of thoughts:

You do knwo you can play a game once you get all teh achievements on it...right? The game doesn't stop working.

Also, this was one of the more easier games to get 100% on...so if you were screaming at your TV, then Im going to assume your head would explod if you played Call Of Duty WAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #35
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE DEVIL View Post
So much better than Black Ops and MW 3
Best thing I've heard all day.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #36
colt415

colt415's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
When I'm bored I'll play this again unless I start to see hackers like COD 4 than no.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Jack x360a
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard
I'll play it when COD4 bores me, they're the only two games I play.
Jack x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #38
Benny34
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
no was not a big fun of this game...
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #39
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No. It was fun when it was first released, but now it's got hacked lobbies as well as the shitty OMA noobtubes and other exploits like that.
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'll admit I had this game on eBay, sold it and the guy never paid....so I re-listed it. I was done with this game....then I played last night with 8 other people....we picked up this guy who was making you-tube videos and it was ok, he kept saying the same little intro in the lobby which was pretty funny. Then we met this guy who was mad at a couple of the guys I played with cause they were OMA tubing. He vowed to stay with us and shoot down every airstrike we called in....and he did. He would cry in the lobby, so we ALL started tubing....it was a lot a fun I have to admit.

So moral of the story, only play with a BIG group of friends and if you run into a group of guys tubing just back out. Dont stay and whine...it makes it worse.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #41
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I might go back and play from time to time, but that's only if I have a full party to play with.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Then we met this guy who was mad at a couple of the guys I played with cause they were OMA tubing. He vowed to stay with us and shoot down every airstrike we called in....and he did. He would cry in the lobby, so we ALL started tubing....it was a lot a fun I have to admit.

So moral of the story, only play with a BIG group of friends and if you run into a group of guys tubing just back out. Dont stay and whine...it makes it worse.
I loved how he thought he was bringing justice by preventing our nukes. I don't think any of us had it equipped except for when we were on Wasteland.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:

So moral of the story, only play with a BIG group of friends and if you run into a group of guys tubing just back out.
So true.

I just cannot play this game without a team. I don't know what it is but something's just wrong with it solo.

Also, a group of 4 + 2 randoms + full riot shield team = the best SnD match possible.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #44
MattMoses

mattmoses's Gamercard
It's fun to play from time to time, but I'm usually forced to play Search because of the amount of bullshit in respawn modes.
MattMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I doubt it, I don't even have the game anymore.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #46
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopakiller64 View Post
I loved how he thought he was bringing justice by preventing our nukes. I don't think any of us had it equipped except for when we were on Wasteland.
I'm pretty sure it was your nuke that set him off....I don't even think you were using noobtube...it was rocker and MC BoB. The guy was being such a pussy about it too. I sent him a message telling him good game and to not whine as much and he called me a "limp dick". I did get 4 copper gunners which is a record for me in one night. Had a lot of fun that night.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #47
Ironic Timing

Ironic Timing's Gamercard
I actually still play this all the time. It's my favorite Call of Duty online experience. I Prestiged in Black Ops and MW3, but after that I went back to playing MW2 daily. Honestly...there is just something about them that doesn't feel as fun or memorable as MW2. I DO enjoy MW3 and play occasionally, but Black Ops...uck... I FORCED myself to play through that just to earn Prestige. I don't really know exactly what it is about that game... I just didn't enjoy it at all. And when I hear people say they love Black Ops or it's their favorite COD, I actually feel dumb founded and cannot understand! lol. To each their own, I guess.
Ironic Timing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #48
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Haven't played this game in forever, though I put so much time into it, and have so many great memories of it. I need to go back sometime and see what it's like nowadays.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #49
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was your nuke that set him off....I don't even think you were using noobtube...it was rocker and MC BoB. The guy was being such a pussy about it too. I sent him a message telling him good game and to not whine as much and he called me a "limp dick". I did get 4 copper gunners which is a record for me in one night. Had a lot of fun that night.
Yeah the guy kept saying he was going to ruin our night by not letting us call in a nuke. What he failed to realize is he made that the best night ever on mw2. I cant imagine staying in a lobby for 20+ straight matched without a single win. I wouldnt mind against that guy every single night.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #50
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
Yeah the guy kept saying he was going to ruin our night by not letting us call in a nuke. What he failed to realize is he made that the best night ever on mw2. I cant imagine staying in a lobby for 20+ straight matched without a single win. I wouldnt mind against that guy every single night.
Like Stew said I'm pretty sure non of us even had Nuke equipped....I say we stalk him and join any session in progress he is in.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #51
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Like Stew said I'm pretty sure non of us even had Nuke equipped....I say we stalk him and join any session in progress he is in.
Lightning bolt!

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #52
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
I've just bought this again to have a blast at mp with my cousin, I'm quite into mw3 online at the moment so looking forward to seeing what it's like going back a game, cod 4 is still amazing but too much hacking going on. Loved mp maps for mw2, afghan is still my fav
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #53
playman1

LeeroyThornhill's Gamercard
I've always thought mw2 was the third best cod game,right behind cod4 and cod2 and in my opinion mw3 is even worse than black ops,so I play this game daily. There's just something so addicting about the game that I want to get 500 kills with every single gun in the game and all killstreak emblems