PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
XMuddPunx

MuddPunk's Gamercard
The Maw - Light Fuse, run Away - Legendary

MY GOD!!!! I hate this level :/

I've managed to get one of the 4 exhausts to blow up.. but i just keep dying.. gaaaaaah!!!

Anyone have any pointers? I try to do it slowly and hide as soon as possible.. but the sentinels keep respawning and then tonnes of flood ambush me.. god i hate ReSpawn spots :|

In case anyones wondering, im using banadana, have a shotgun and rocket launcher.. youd think itd be a piece of cake?! Pfffft lol
XMuddPunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Ganondorf6667

Ganondorf6667's Gamercard
Bandana + Boom Skull, Distance + Patience = WIN.
PSN : Ganondorf6667
Completed Retail : 14
Completed Arcade : 9
Ganondorf6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
XMuddPunx

MuddPunk's Gamercard
I managed to get thru it with the next checkpoint with ease now im onto the dont get ejected forcibly from the warthog and get to the end with a min left..

And tbh.. this is getting nearly as annoying as the last bit :/ LOL
Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Co-op and or split-screen + Bandanna = WIN.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This part is best done with speed as they pile up quickly.

When you first enter the room (after the chapter name displays) take the door on your far right side. When you emerge from the tunnel into the large room again, you'll see barrels next to the vent shafts. Crouch jump on top of them, than jump onto the shaft and use that to get to the catwalk with the computer. Crouch jump to get onto that catwalk. From there, go to the vents on the other side and activate the one on the left. Just as you activate the computer, jump onto the shaft that's pulling back and shoot the vent from there. As it starts to close, just crouch jump back onto the catwalk. Nab the other one on this side the same way, than switch to the other side and do the same thing. This saves you and eliminates most of the enemy encounters (with Sentinels just keep moving or rocket them if you have to. Splash damage is useful if you can hit one and take them all out.)

The key to this trick lays primarily in the use of the barrels at the very beginning. If you just take the ramps up like you normally would you spawn a large number of flood and you have to fight off ever more nuisances. Even if you fall down or jump down to the bottom floor again, continue to use those barrels to get up to avoid spawning too many enemies.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #6
Lord Fangnir

Lord Fangnir's Gamercard
run up ramp to containers-> jump on top then over to bars... jump to where button is ... push and jump to bar run back to containors and hide till u can shoot it then after shooting wait for a checkpoint. like i did

I think im First in the world to 1k Assassins Creed II .. at least thats what it says im ranked in on the site i got this card link from. 1 of 91,820
Lord Fangnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
This part is best done with speed as they pile up quickly.

When you first enter the room (after the chapter name displays) take the door on your far right side. When you emerge from the tunnel into the large room again, you'll see barrels next to the vent shafts. Crouch jump on top of them, than jump onto the shaft and use that to get to the catwalk with the computer. Crouch jump to get onto that catwalk. From there, go to the vents on the other side and activate the one on the left. Just as you activate the computer, jump onto the shaft that's pulling back and shoot the vent from there. As it starts to close, just crouch jump back onto the catwalk. Nab the other one on this side the same way, than switch to the other side and do the same thing. This saves you and eliminates most of the enemy encounters (with Sentinels just keep moving or rocket them if you have to. Splash damage is useful if you can hit one and take them all out.)

I did this (and have been for 10 years) and it worked wonders.

I also found that the corridor on the far right, after the door but before the barrels is where my checkpoints tended to occur. It also gave me a good way to bunch up all the flood (in the top doorway) in order to throw a quick grenade and take most of them out.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Brilliant, thank you. A mate and I had a hard time coop because we were on the defensive taking the paths up.

Today I'm solo and going back for the 1m left on clock achievement, and I racing thru that room like it was empty

Now, the race.......
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
the race is fun since the enemies aren't actually a threat even on Legendary (sentinels can be a nuisance if you slow down though.) Just gotta pay attention to the paths available to you. The warthog likes to fishtail when it's in the air, so anytime you're able to keep the warthog on the ground.

I guess I should also suggest not having the boom skull on. I didn't notice any difference, but apparently a lot of other people are seeing it, so maybe I'm just lucky as hell to have beat it.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Quote:
the race is fun since the enemies aren't actually a threat even on Legendary (sentinels can be a nuisance if you slow down though.) Just gotta pay attention to the paths available to you. The warthog likes to fishtail when it's in the air, so anytime you're able to keep the warthog on the ground.

I guess I should also suggest not having the boom skull on. I didn't notice any difference, but apparently a lot of other people are seeing it, so maybe I'm just lucky as hell to have beat it.
Yeah, whilst the mobs were only dangerous if I flipped or hung in one place too long, if I did either of those things there would be barely enough time to get the achievement so it would mean a restart anyway. Although getting out of the warthog bay was a bit hit or miss, often I would drive out and get hit by a grenade thrown during the battle. That was always an instant death for me.

Managed to get a smooth run about my tenth try and only when I dropped to the original graphics. So much easier that way as the newer mode misleads you regarding some of the surfaces in places, which sort of explains how I pulled of some unlikely moves before I switched in honesty.
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Use the BRAKE button when you're going through it. A tap of the brake button will keep you on the ground. Halo 1's warthog (my fav. in terms of its physics) is also highly controllable on that run as long as you know the routes and use the brakes

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:

You did the race with boom on ? damn I couldn't even make it round the bend as the course starts
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #13
Amekage Demon

Amekage Demon's Gamercard
i just did it i had so much practice with this lv on the original game it wasnt funny..... thats y the legendary cheevo for this game didnt bother me untill i couldnt do it for like an hr XD
Amekage Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
A Cerulean Sky

A Cerulean Sky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I strangely found this more difficult on normal than legendary. On my normal playthrough I was swarmed with enemies, on legendary I just waited casually to throw the explosives in the vents.

7 Xbox One games complete (original 1000G)
53 Xbox 360 retail games complete (original 1000G)
15 XBLA games complete original (original 400G/200G)

A Cerulean Sky is offline   Reply With Quote