PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
dazhard69

DaDren69's Gamercard
Exclamation defeating alduin's bane HELP ???

Before u read ahead please be warned there may be a SPOILER - !!!

Im really looking for help i have looked at MANY guides on how to defeat him , and i do NOT know why this is happening but anyway -

i get alduin onto the ground with my dragonrend he HAS the blue grow around him and i pound him with EBONY arrows about 6 times then i use dragonrend again to keep him on the ground -

but i do NOT scratch his health AT ALL its allmost like the arrows are bouncing off him - i have also tried using melle to the same prevale i need HELPi lowered the diffculty to NOVICE to make this fight easyer but that has not worked ither can anyone advice ??

Thanks in advance ~ DaZ ~

Last edited by dazhard69; 12-01-2011 at 06:44 PM.
dazhard69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That's a good question. I know that this was the hardest fight for me in the game so far. Mostly because his stupid flame breath killed me in one and a half breaths. But it did take quite awhile for me to whittle his health down. Now could it be that you are too low of a level? My One Handed and Archery skills are around 70 and I was probably 35ish when I beat him.

Other question is are you using dragonrend at its max power? Are you just saying one word or all three? That might make a difference, I always held the bumper for the whole time. Just a thought.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Dragonbane.

The sword? If you don't have it, go get it. It's in Sky Haven Temple or whatever that place is called. Small room opposite of Alduin's Wall. It does an extra 20 points of damage to dragons.

That's what I used to kill him anyway. The biggest problem I had was making the mistake of using Storm Call... which does NOTHING to him. The lightning doesn't even hit him. It just hits the heroes that fight with you. So I spent 5 minutes running around dodging brimstone until I could use Dragonrend.

Once I got him on the ground, it was as simple as running up to one of his wings and slashing away with Dragonbane.

Try to avoid his mouth. If you can, keep using Dragonrend to keep him on the ground and stay away from him until one of the heroes catches his attention.

I was maybe level 27 or 28 when I killed him. And my one handed skill was probably around 50. I didn't use arrows at all.

If you still can't touch him though... I don't know what to tell you.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Here's a couple questions I'd like answered to better help you out:

-Did you install the 1.2 patch?
-What level are you?
-What are your skills at? (i.e. one/two-handed, archery, etc. anything relative to doing damage)
-What kind of bow are you using? (you say ebony arrows, but that's only half the damage equation)

Also, this might sound like a strange suggestion, but use a horse! If you've got Shadowmere from the Dark Brotherhood questline, he can be immensely useful in distracting dragons. When I fought Alduin, I was able to get him on the ground with Dragonrend and he stayed there while my horse tangled with him. He didn't fly away, and I didn't even need to use Dragonrend to keep him on the ground (that part may have been a glitch, but regardless, my advice is still the same). While the horse distracted him, I just wailed away with my mace. I didn't damage him all that quickly, but it didn't matter because he wasn't going anywhere and wasn't damaging me.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
EveAres

EveAres's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
The biggest problem I had was making the mistake of using Storm Call... which does NOTHING to him. The lightning doesn't even hit him. It just hits the heroes that fight with you. So I spent 5 minutes running around dodging brimstone until I could use Dragonrend.
He's referring to the Alduin's Bane quest, not Dragonslayer.
EveAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
VinnieMac3601

VinnieMac3601's Gamercard
I cant seem to scratch him either and Im level 53 with lvl 100 everything (almost).

My first battle with him I had no idea what I was doing and had him wittled down to half health before a lucky shot from the sky killed me in one hit. 2nd go around, i kept him pinned and let the other dragon do work (which is what seemed to work the 1st time) but nothing...

Magic: The Gathering 2012 - 2 Archenemy Achievements
Contra
Carcassonne
Madden Arcade
VinnieMac3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
A 7thProduction

A 7thProduction's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieMac3601 View Post
I cant seem to scratch him either and Im level 53 with lvl 100 everything (almost).
If you want help then you should at least give people the truth in what you have to work with. It's impossible to have nearly all of your levels at 100 while your character remaining at level 53.
A 7thProduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alduin%27s_Bane

In the "Notes" section, it said he can't be hurt while he's in the air. I don't remember having that difficult a time but I have my game on easy.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I smashed Alduin at just over level 50, didn't really have any trouble with him, I was expecting a second stage to the fight, found it a bit underwhelming after the build up, playing on normal.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote