PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
Trixix

A wild Malcolm's Gamercard
The Whispering Door Quest

So i have one artifact quest left, The Whispering Door, and from what i read it is trigged in whiterun and has to do with the jarl and his son. Well, i have already done the stormcloak rebellion quest line and they have conquered whiterun, thus the jarl is no longer in power. Is there like...an another way to trigger the quest? or am i SoL and will have to reload a super old save and do the quests again?

Trixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That's a good question, haven't tried it yet. According to trueachievements.com (http://www.trueachievements.com/a157...m?showguides=1) they claim that even if you choose the Stormcloaks doesn't affect this quest.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
Tom Pladgett

Brutopian's Gamercard
Haven't tested this myself, but according to the official guide, the Jarl and his family relocate to the Blue Palace in Solitude after the rebellion. The quest can apparently still be done, although it will involve a certain amount of quick travel between the Blue Palace and Dragonreach.
Tom Pladgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
Trixix

I tried to google it but i couldnt find anything either way about it. I have tried having the bars maid tell me about the problem to trigger the quest, but she wont say it D:.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #5
Trixix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pladgett View Post
Haven't tested this myself, but according to the official guide, the Jarl and his family relocate to the Blue Palace in Solitude after the rebellion. The quest can apparently still be done, although it will involve a certain amount of quick travel between the Blue Palace and Dragonreach.
Awesome! thanks for the information.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #6
pms

The Whispering Door

I did it this same way with no problems.

** INFO **
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Good luck!

Last edited by pms; 12-03-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Clarification on the spoiler.
pms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
So I just did this quest today. Is it really this easy? Does the weapon as I picked it off the table count as the artifact? I know that Mephala says that it is currently an inferior blade to what the stories shared with it. And then tells you how to "strengthen" it. My question is, can I just leave it as is and get the Oblivion Walker achievement? Or do I have to kill some innocents for it to count? The quest said it was completed, but i didn't know if it was like the Mace of Molag Bal, that you have to purify the weapon or something.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph Metatron View Post
So I just did this quest today. Is it really this easy? Does the weapon as I picked it off the table count as the artifact? I know that Mephala says that it is currently an inferior blade to what the stories shared with it. And then tells you how to "strengthen" it. My question is, can I just leave it as is and get the Oblivion Walker achievement? Or do I have to kill some innocents for it to count? The quest said it was completed, but i didn't know if it was like the Mace of Molag Bal, that you have to purify the weapon or something.
yeah thats it, it has now counted toward your cheevo. i got it then left it in my chest where it has been ever since. its shite compared to a daedric battleaxe.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
holyflare

holyflareman's Gamercard
for some reason when I go to the old jarl of whiterun I ask where his kids are at but when I go try and talk to nelkir the quest won't pop up and when I started a new game I got most of them,but when I went to boethiah's sancellum those people weren't there.What do I do?
holyflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
holyflare

holyflareman's Gamercard
also I sided with the stormcloaks and took over whiterun.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyflare View Post
for some reason when I go to the old jarl of whiterun I ask where his kids are at but when I go try and talk to nelkir the quest won't pop up and when I started a new game I got most of them,but when I went to boethiah's sancellum those people weren't there.What do I do?
Talk to Hulda in the Bannered Mare. Make sure she gives you a rumour about the kids acting strange. Then talk to the jarl and talk about there behaviour.(the jarl will be in solitude if you defeated whiterun) Then talk to Nelkir.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
holyflare

holyflareman's Gamercard
The thing is though when I go to the bannered more Hulda isn't the innkeeper Ysolda is.I'm not sure if I killed her or not and when I try to ask for rumors when I talk to Ysolda the "have you heard any rumors?" dialogue won't pop up.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I wonder if they'll have a "Whispering Eye" quest..

.. props to those who get it. Video for those who don't.

Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #14
FangtasticBite

Quote:
The thing is though when I go to the bannered more Hulda isn't the innkeeper Ysolda is.I'm not sure if I killed her or not and when I try to ask for rumors when I talk to Ysolda the "have you heard any rumors?" dialogue won't pop up.
Unfortunately if Hulda is dead you cant start the quest. Ysolda will not give the rumour. I dont think anyone else will either.

Last edited by FangtasticBite; 12-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
FangtasticBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #15
holyflare

holyflareman's Gamercard
fuck! if she isn't do you know where she would be? I started a new game because I had to redo the thieves guild quest and started to do the dadra achievement ,got most of them and when I got to boethiah's sancellum there was nobody there,so I can't do that quest until they patch it I guess.Know anyway to fix it?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #16
FangtasticBite

Quote:
fuck! if she isn't do you know where she would be? I started a new game because I had to redo the thieves guild quest and started to do the dadra achievement ,got most of them and when I got to boethiah's sancellum there was nobody there,so I can't do that quest until they patch it I guess.Know anyway to fix it?
That doesnt sound like the same quest. I think you are trying to do Boethiah's Calling? You need to be over level 30 to start and have read the book Boethiah's Proving. have you done this?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
holyflare

holyflareman's Gamercard
oh I know it's not I was just saying I started over because I couldn't find Hulda I'm level 26 on my other account maybe that's why,where is the book?