Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Game is stupid hard

I regret renting it. Im all for a challenge but this damn TAURUS boss is getting on my nerves.
FPS GLIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS GLIMMER View Post
I regret renting it. Im all for a challenge but this damn TAURUS boss is getting on my nerves.
LMAO!

"I can't take this"
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
KrAzY xJiMmYx

Send a message via MSN to KrAzY xJiMmYx

KrAzY xJiMmYx's Gamercard
just climb up the ladder next to the entrance and fall attack him. He's like the easiest boss mate.
KrAzY xJiMmYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Patience tactics, every boss is defeatable. Just try to figure each out.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Also, apply resin to your weapon. That additional electric damage will help make quicker work of him. you pick some up in a chest inside a house in the Undead Berg, just before you climb the stairs up to him. Although, I do believe you will either need the resident or Master Key....can't recall at the moment.

Man, wait until you have to fight 7 or 8 of these fuckers one by one in the Demon Ruins after you defeat the Ceaseless Discharge and the lava dries...lol
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Its not that hes does allot of damage, but when i roll to dodge he throws me over the cliff.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

well i didnt give up and i beat it. I decided to be cheap and run from one side to the other over and over again and doing a plunge attack, never took any damage.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
Elm

Hassan4's Gamercard
Quote:
well i didnt give up and i beat it. I decided to be cheap and run from one side to the other over and over again and doing a plunge attack, never took any damage.
That's how I did it every time. There's nothing wrong with that.
Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Good for you man! A win is a win, no matter how you slice it. Just stick with it, be patient, learn from your deaths, and remember two things. 1. You are supposed to die...many times. 2. You can always summon others to lend you a helping hand. Before you know it, you'll find yourself unable to keep this game out of your tray. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
CressDX

CressDX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervius View Post
^This!^

Dont rush into the enemies and bosses, check out their moves before going straight on with attacks.

CressDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Every boss after that was easy untill I got up to the capra demon. Ive been watching videos on how to kill him, but he NEVER jumps at me when hes on the stairs, he just hits me over and over again till i die. Also my shield doesnt block any of his attacks.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
GrindPantera95

Beastial Flame's Gamercard
At your level your stamina,and shield stability are probably not high enough to block any of the Capra Demon's attacks. Your best bet is to just roll away from him and keep distance until he does the slam or the two-handed diagonal swing.
GrindPantera95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
kcifor

kcifor's Gamercard
This is a very unforgiving game but, like others said, patience and willingness to die and lose souls rather than become flustered at having to repeat a part over and over will pay out in the end. I must admit there's no better feeling in gaming when you finally beat the living crap out of a monster/boss that has been killing you over and over.

As for the Capra Demon...I just killed the dogs then went up the stairs...waited for him to follow then jumped off. He would just jump off while I was down, I could get a hit in, then just repeated the process.

Praise the Sun!

(Fuck Anor Londo Silver Knight Snipers)
kcifor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #14
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcifor View Post
As for the Capra Demon...I just killed the dogs then went up the stairs...waited for him to follow then jumped off. He would just jump off while I was down, I could get a hit in, then just repeated the process.

Praise the Sun!

Really, that's the key. If you have an adequate amount of stamina to block Capra's attacks, then once you dispose of the two dogs, he's pretty much a pushover. It's the dogs that make that boss fight such a challenge.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
If you like Capra and Taurus Demons you'll love the Demon Ruins...
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Enki GT

Enki GT's Gamercard
Quote:
If you like Capra and Taurus Demons you'll love the Demon Ruins...
Yeah, damn awesome area, finally a place that is really worth visiting.
Enki GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Im moving along slowly right now. Just beat the boss of the depths like some toothed undead dragon or something. He was by far the easiest boss, it only took 2 tries. Anyway I have to return the game today but i plan on buying it later on. I put about 30 hours into it and only got 75 achievement points
Old 12-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
Enki GT

Enki GT's Gamercard
Yeah, most of the Achievements are 'collectibles' such as getting all rare weapons, magic, pyromancy and so on. And different endings, optional bosses
Enki GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
This is definitely not the game to play if you want quick achievement points. However, if it's rewarding achievements your after, plus gameplay so awesome that you could care less about how quickly the achievements are popping, then this is your game.

What always amuses me about this game is how easy these achievements look to "cheevo" hunters, and then when they realize what they have to do to get some of these "easy" achievements...priceless.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #20
CressDX

CressDX's Gamercard
Quote:

I knew this image would come in handy someday

CressDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Hahaha! LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
HolyMoses81

HolyMoses81's Gamercard
Quote:

Quote:
Im moving along slowly right now. Just beat the boss of the depths like some toothed undead dragon or something. He was by far the easiest boss, it only took 2 tries. Anyway I have to return the game today but i plan on buying it later on. I put about 30 hours into it and only got 75 achievement points
See how that game works?

But I can understand how this game reaches out for your hand just to grab it and bite off your fingers in the beginning. A few bright, happy moments only to be stomped into the ground a few moments later again.

I've been struggling in the beginning too (and possibly messed it up to a friend a little bit with all that ranting about Taurus Demons, Capra Demons, Blow Darters, big wolfs and inavoidable swamps).
And even though I said to myself "I'll leave that annoying game!" I always found my self dodging and rolling and struggling again after that soon.

I'd say Anor Londo was kind of a final turning point to me and yesterday I finally stood in front of that final fog wall for the very first time. Didn't traverse it yet as I just want to do a few preparations for my NG+.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that now that you decided do continue with it you'll about to have about a similar experience like me the further you proceed.
Retail 100% (Highlights): Alice: Madness Returns, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, Dark Souls, Darksiders, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Catherine, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Williams Pinball Collection

XBLA 100% (Highlights): Spelunky Bejeweled Blitz Live, Beyond Good And Evil HD, Castlevania SOTN, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolvedē, Limbo, N+, Trials HD, Wik: Fable Of Souls
HolyMoses81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Like what has already been said, use any tactic to win. The bosses aren't going to take it easy on you, so why should you let them have the advantage?

And when all else fails, well, see below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CressDX View Post
I knew this image would come in handy someday

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1659749710.jpg
Dark Souls comics are the best comics.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/solaire+of+astora
I love the one about the essay.

(Sorry I got kind of carried away.)

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #24
Goldenknight

Quote:
1 Climb up the ladder,

2 Jump attack him.

3 Attack his legs.

4 Conglaturations you just beat the Taurus Demon!!.
Goldenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #25
Mr Jinxed

mr jinxed's Gamercard
Never had problems with the Taurus Demon myself, but I understand the frustration. I remember the first time fighting Sif I got owned. A few defeats later and I was like "ok I'll never do that boss...EVER". Thought it through and went back there a little later and beat him the first time I tried.
Mr Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #26
Terransheep

Terransheep's Gamercard
Quote:

yeah,... have to agree with that...

walking on top of the church always make my hands sweat... had to dry hands every min...

Terransheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #27
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
I agree 100% with this, with the exception of the Asylum Demon when you return to the undead asylum. The fucker can spam those wall attacks that are potentially unavoidable till you die. I know you stay behind him/up close and use a good magic resistant shield and he can keep doing the easy butt-stomp and you can make short work of him. But I hate that motherfucker, many a time has he been set on simply spamming the 'sonic boom' wall attack over and over and over again till I die. Jackass.

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
I agree 100% with this, with the exception of the Asylum Demon when you return to the undead asylum. The fucker can spam those wall attacks that are potentially unavoidable till you die. I know you stay behind him/up close and use a good magic resistant shield and he can keep doing the easy butt-stomp and you can make short work of him. But I hate that motherfucker, many a time has he been set on simply spamming the 'sonic boom' wall attack over and over and over again till I die. Jackass.
Oh how I've been there. There is a specific method to this fight though, as you say staying close and behind him is key but also with direction you move. ALWAYS circle to his left (your right as you face him) as the demon club boom attack comes from his right and is much more avoidable using this method.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #29
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh how I've been there. There is a specific method to this fight though, as you say staying close and behind him is key but also with direction you move. ALWAYS circle to his left (your right as you face him) as the demon club boom attack comes from his right and is much more avoidable using this method.
Yeah true, after typing that message I was about to face him again in my new NG+ character, got hit maybe twice but never died. My frustration with him has allowed me to perfect his bullshit. Casted Fall Control + Crystal Magic Weapon ran up to him and yeah just fucked his shit up.

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I have to say.....this game was hard as hell. I can't play it anymore.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote