PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #361
Ciel Nuit

Ciel Nuit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake527 View Post
i have the skyrim guide and have visited every location twice for the stones and still seem to be missing one. i used the horse jump glitch to get back into the thalmor embassy and no stone was there. im 99% sure i picked it up during the main quest line. has this final stone been moved? or just glitched?
I'm having the same issue. I have 23/24 found. The stone in the Embassy was moved to the Reeking Cave. It's an unmarked location. The cave is slightly west of the Embassy.

I already found that one but I still seem to be missing one. And I've checked every location multiple times. Ugh.
Ciel Nuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #362
Mastershake527

MasterShake527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel Nuit View Post
I'm having the same issue. I have 23/24 found. The stone in the Embassy was moved to the Reeking Cave. It's an unmarked location. The cave is slightly west of the Embassy.

I already found that one but I still seem to be missing one. And I've checked every location multiple times. Ugh.
Thanks for the tip on reeking cave i'll check and see if its there. If not then i guess this is one quest we wont be completing
Mastershake527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #363
Exhausted Dad

ddi0994's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My daedric quest where you have look for the dog to start. Well the guy I have to ask about the dog died in a dragon attack when I get there. 181 hrs in and this is my 1st wtf quest. Guess I'm lucky seeing some peoples problems.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #364
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted Dad View Post
My daedric quest where you have look for the dog to start. Well the guy I have to ask about the dog died in a dragon attack when I get there. 181 hrs in and this is my 1st wtf quest. Guess I'm lucky seeing some peoples problems.
the quest with barbas!!!!??

that sucks, you're talking about falkreath right? i think the first time i travelled there was when i was at a relevant lvl, so they triggered the quest as soon as i entered. that really sucks though, i actually really liked that one. which is odd because my character commits no crimes, and usually i tell daedric / demon worshippers to shove it. but this quest was just halarious, and very fun.

barbas has like invincible plot armor, which i exploited to no end bwahaha. he helped me clear out like half of the caves in skyrim. the only downside is he is one of those followers who constantly gets creepy close to you. i had him push me off a cliff when i was getting ready to sneak attack wake up a dragon from above. ahahaa i was actually laughing when it loaded, im sure barbas thought it was funny also.

*something i usually do (for the reason you listed specifically), whenever a dragon attacks a town i will emmediately do cassualty report afterwords. if i notice any important people are dead i will just re-load, sometimes even if just 1 person died because im not sure. but thats just what i do, lol.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #365
Alpha Kebab

Location: A small hellhole outside of another hellhole in the Southern of Sweden

Alpha Kebab's Gamercard
So I ran into a weird glitch last night during the quest Blindsighted. I killed a Falmer and the game decided to expell me from the College of Winterhold for assaulting a member of the College. I did not have any follower with me, that's out of the question.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Alpha Kebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #366
NativeMilk

The misc. quests to bring a follower to Delphine and bring Esbern a dragon scale and dragon bone won't activate. I've finished the main questline and 1000/1000'd the game, too.

I've helped defeat all 5 forts in Haarfingar but the quest won't disappear from my quest list. Also helped Eastmarch (3/5 forts defeated) and when I try to find it on the map to find the forts it doesn't locate them.

Also a few instruments can't be removed from my inventory.

Any fixes for these? I've just played Skyrim for the first time this year, today.
NativeMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #367
piezan76

Glitch fix

hey guys i signed up for this just to share a glitch fix for those who dont want to start over or go back to an old save. read all of it. use this video to help you get out of whiterun... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJpcO63at8

the glitch is "Take up arms quest" and heres what i did.

when you cannot find aela and it says she is near the giants camp you will first have to leave whiterun as if you were trying to get the chest under the skyforge. the game was updated to not let you out of white run near the main entrance so use the new jump on a house glitch to get out of whiterun. its a pain to do but its worth it. then run to her. the game still thinks your in white run. use unrelenting force on her to get her to whiterun gate, then enter. itll say open SKYRIM, thats ok. when you load shell be attacking you. go back into white run and the guards will put her down, then when she gets up she'll walk back to where shes suppose to be. just follow her until shes downstairs in the companion base, jaskaour or somethin. then give her the shield in the basement. and the quest is no longer bugged!

Last edited by piezan76; 04-28-2012 at 06:41 PM.
piezan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #368
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Galmar Stone-Fist won't give me the final Civil War mission to attcack Solitude! He doesn't have a mission specific conversation option. Just the two generic ones he always has. Anyone know how to get around this?

EIDT:

After about half an hour of trying to get him to give me the mission, I used the Whirlwind sprint dragon shout and rage suicided off a cliff. I guess dying reset something as he then gave me the mission.

This game is buggy as hell too. I've not played it for a few weeks. But in the last two hours of gameplay I've come across so many glitches that I had never expeienced. Included aside from that above, horses on top of each other, enemies not attacking me & some parts of the world in Whiterun just having no floor at all. Could just fall out of the game.

Last edited by pined5551; 05-03-2012 at 12:42 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #369
Darth Viron

Darth Viron's Gamercard
Ebony blade glitch

Had an upsetting glitch with the Ebony blade, it wouldn't charge up despite killing followers or swords for hire. That sword would have been bad ass in its final form.
Darth Viron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #370
Darth Viron

Darth Viron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted Dad View Post
that sucks, the mask you get from the quest is pretty cool.
Darth Viron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #371
niko da bos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Galmar Stone-Fist won't give me the final Civil War mission to attcack Solitude! He doesn't have a mission specific conversation option. Just the two generic ones he always has. Anyone know how to get around this?

EIDT:

After about half an hour of trying to get him to give me the mission, I used the Whirlwind sprint dragon shout and rage suicided off a cliff. I guess dying reset something as he then gave me the mission.

This game is buggy as hell too. I've not played it for a few weeks. But in the last two hours of gameplay I've come across so many glitches that I had never expeienced. Included aside from that above, horses on top of each other, enemies not attacking me & some parts of the world in Whiterun just having no floor at all. Could just fall out of the game.
oh wow, ive been researching all day i will try that also. i was having so much fun on the civil war questline, very angry at legate rikke for not giving me the option to continue. ive found answers that were so irrelevant like how the fuck could that trigger the convo lol. (use the cooking pot, attack her then run away - commit crime in riften + pay bounty, use ice form shout, exhaust all convo with general tullius).

Last edited by niko da bos; 06-01-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #372
Thoracias

Thoracias's Gamercard
Red Eagle's Cairn glitch

I am currently stuck inside Red Eagle's Cairn. He is dead, I have looted the bodies and the chest and the door to the main hall still won't open. I have not been able to find any other reports of this glitch but after reading several walkthrus I have to assume that's exactly what it is as they all say to "remove the sword on the way out"...but I can't get to the original sword until this door opens.
Wondering if I'm the only one that has seen this happen. I'm guessing I'll have to reload an earlier save and fight him again. *SIGH*
Thoracias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #373
niko da bos

possible fix for lag?

now when i say lag, its gotton progressively worse. when traveling the game will typically "hiccup" and freeze for 3-5 seconds then go back. for example on a trip from whiterun to rorikstead it would probably average 10-15 lag hiccups like that. also, during some dungeon fights i have had the worse frame rate ever. it is almost unplayable, usually i resort to summoning and spamming heal whilest running away.

now its affecting riften, while walking thru the market it is very choppy. walking into the bee & barb or entering a cell seems to fix this, but the second i walk out the lag is back.

this playthru is pushing 150hrs, riften was the last city i discovered during that time but im not sure if thats relevant. the textures problem i know i've read is due to having the game installed on your HD. but im wondering if you guys found a fix for the that starts to creep its way into your playthru? maybe clear the system cache (would i be able to re-install all updates ok?) or something. im open to ideas
Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #374
Tanelorn

tanelorn82's Gamercard
So, I've encountered my first real glitch. Legate Rikke doesn't want to give me my quest in the Winterhold Imperial Camp.

I've tried pretty much everything I've read about that glitch... what's my solution ? Screw the Civil war questline, finish the rest and restart the civil war questline in another playthrough ?

Tanelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #375
deuxcoeurs

deuxcoeurs's Gamercard
I've been working on the Oblivion Walker Achievement and only had one Daedric artifact left to collect. I needed to complete A Night to Remember to acquire the Sanguine's Rose staff.

Finding Sam Guevenne was not a problem. He showed up at the Whiterun tavern and he and the PC had the drinking contest like normal. The problems began when my character awoke in Dibella's temple in Markarth. The trash she was told to pick up did not exist. The quest arrows just pointed to empty space. I passed a persuade check with the priestess to advance but kept having the same problem. For every objective, the arrow kept pointing to empty space. I bypassed everything by passing persuade checks which worked until I entered Misty Grove. However, Sanguine was no where to be found. I can't advance the quest, can't get the staff and can't leave Misty Grove unless I reload a previous save.

Is there any way around this glitch or will I have to create a new character just for this achievement?
deuxcoeurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #376
niko da bos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanelorn View Post
So, I've encountered my first real glitch. Legate Rikke doesn't want to give me my quest in the Winterhold Imperial Camp.

I've tried pretty much everything I've read about that glitch... what's my solution ? Screw the Civil war questline, finish the rest and restart the civil war questline in another playthrough ?
i had the same thing happen for me on my playthru, i hadnt even advanced far at all in the main quest (diplomatic immunity). i couldnt find one solid way to get her to give me an assignment, very sad actually. considering you do 100% of the work yourself, she is useless anyway. you dont even get a tent / bed or horse, why should i have to sleep in a bed roll when that lazy non-quest-giver never uses her sleeping tent (referring to imperial camps).

here are some random ass triggers that (for some people i guess) got her or the stormcloak counterpart, to hand over the assignment. however, none of these worked for me,
  • use ice form shout on rikke, break her out of the ice by attacking. then initiate dialogue when she stands up.
  • attack rikke until she falls down, when she rises and becomes hostile run away. commit a crime in riften + pay bounty, now return to rikke and option should be available.
  • use the cooking pot located in the center of the camp.
  • exhaust all possible dialogue (grayed out) with rikke and tulius.
  • lure a dragon into the camp, upon defeat the dialogue option may be available for rikke.
you see the absolute random ass shit they want you to try? lol i just quit that playthru and made a new character who was neutral in the civil war, honestly its a joke. how could half of those things trigger a quest NPC to give you the quest. how hard is it for them to just give us the next assignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxcoeurs View Post
Is there any way around this glitch or will I have to create a new character just for this achievement?
ive read about this happening, luckily for me "a night to remember" went along with no problems. the only thing i had to do was re-load shortly after leaving the temple when i found out the dumb lady never took the food "quest items" out of my inventory.

try this page that list all known possible bugs + fixes. i know ive read something like you mentioned before, so hopefuly you can find a way to complete that quest.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Night_to_Remember
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #377
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
I am having a huge issue with Death Incarnate.

Anytime I embrace the Night Mother my screen just fades to black and stops working.

This really sucks because I ain't a fan of having multiple saves so my only save is right before I embrace her. I am level 39 have done about 700 worth of the achievements and have discovered alot of locations.

I love Skyrim but I don't know if I can be arsed starting all over again.
The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #378
Tracyn Skirata

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I am having a huge issue with Death Incarnate.

Anytime I embrace the Night Mother my screen just fades to black and stops working.

This really sucks because I ain't a fan of having multiple saves so my only save is right before I embrace her. I am level 39 have done about 700 worth of the achievements and have discovered alot of locations.

I love Skyrim but I don't know if I can be arsed starting all over again.
That happened to me, just save right before it and keep doing it until it works. My tip is just give it like 5 minutes every time you do it and sometimes it'll load up if you wait long enough or just keep doing it. Another thing that might help is to install it to your hdd because that sequence requires a cutscene that needs to load and Skyrim has loading issues when not installed.
Tracyn Skirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #379
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Have been lucky I guess have yet to find a game breaking glitch. I did kill a dragon today without it burning and giving me a dragon soul but that's pretty minor...

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #380
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyn Skirata View Post
That happened to me, just save right before it and keep doing it until it works. My tip is just give it like 5 minutes every time you do it and sometimes it'll load up if you wait long enough or just keep doing it. Another thing that might help is to install it to your hdd because that sequence requires a cutscene that needs to load and Skyrim has loading issues when not installed.
I got it working

What I done is as soon as I went in the chamber I started using the wait feature, I kept waiting an hour or so through it and eventually Nazir found me.
The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #381
iReact23

Send a message via Skype™ to iReact23

iReact23's Gamercard
My favorite Skyrim glitches are technically easter eggs, but one of them requires a glitch to get outside of Whiterun and make the game think you're still in Whiterun; one of two easter egg chests I found by doing this (with the help of my friend) and then the other one simply by looking at the ground in a specific location. Grants me unlimited gold and ebony ingots along with whatever else is in the chests that I can't think of.
iReact23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #382
Xenoes

Neurotic Kasper's Gamercard
The Join the Thieves Guild achievement glitched on me. I already did the initial quest for it and completed the main story line but, I still don't have the achievement.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #383
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Have any of the new patches made it possible to start Blood on the Ice if you killed that girl as part of the Dark Brotherhood questline?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #384
swissmoon

Swissmoon's Gamercard
"Glory of the Dead" won't start **Companion Spoiler**

I have read a bunch of posts and links regarding the issue of the Companion's quest "Glory of the Dead" not triggering after you return to Whiterun and complete "Purity of Revenge". The bug listed on Bethesda's bug list too. Looks like people had this problem way back in 2011.

I ran into this problem just yesterday (started Skyrim two weeks ago) and have tried a number of things to get the funeral to begin. The only solutions I have seen online are for a PC however.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, or at least know how far back I will have to go in my saved games in order to fix this?

I have never been to Winterhold, so I never received the "Helm of Winterhold" quest that people say can cause issues with "Glory of the Dead" starting.

I have also gone back to a previous save during "Purity of Revenge" and tried to redo that part to no effect.

Any help is much appreciated!

swissmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #385
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmoon View Post
I have read a bunch of posts and links regarding the issue of the Companion's quest "Glory of the Dead" not triggering after you return to Whiterun and complete "Purity of Revenge". The bug listed on Bethesda's bug list too. Looks like people had this problem way back in 2011.

I ran into this problem just yesterday (started Skyrim two weeks ago) and have tried a number of things to get the funeral to begin. The only solutions I have seen online are for a PC however.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, or at least know how far back I will have to go in my saved games in order to fix this?

I have never been to Winterhold, so I never received the "Helm of Winterhold" quest that people say can cause issues with "Glory of the Dead" starting.

I have also gone back to a previous save during "Purity of Revenge" and tried to redo that part to no effect.

Any help is much appreciated!
Unfortunately you only have 3 options.
1. Continue with your current game and just accept the fact you can't complete the companions questline. Plan on just doing this first thing on your next playthrough.
2. Go back to a previous save before even starting this questline. (may mean going back 10-20 hours) and keep your fingers crossed it works this time.
3. Start a whole new playthrough.

All of these options suck bigtime I know but unfortunately that's the nature of this Skyrim game. Too many bugs to count.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #386
Miccro

cromanator's Gamercard
dragon glitch

I don't know if this has been said before, (there are 13 pages of posts) but the only glitch I have been really annoyed by was when I decided to do quite a bit of exploring right after finishing the bleak falls barrow quest to retrieve the dragon stone, I wasn't quite ready to face a dragon so I went round leveling up a bit, anyway when I came back Irileth was already by the big boulder, I expected that and the quest went fine up untill I killed the dragon, the dragon died but I never absored its soul, so this in turn never activated the next main quest, I just stood there for about 2 minutes thinking "WTF" I don't know what caused this, ever since then I have made sure to do that quest before exploring even though I get randomly attacked by dragons lol
Miccro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #387
Tanelorn

tanelorn82's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanelorn View Post

I found a way to get around this glitch I got. and I think it's important to know it's possible to get all civil quest achievements even with a glitch like this.

Hopefully for me, the main quest was not yet totally completed when this occurred. So I had my idea to get around it at Season Unending.
So, I continued the main quest and in Season Unending, The stormcloaks asked for Markarth and in exchange the Imperials asked for Winterhold. This was the only transaction i got in Season Unending. After finishing the main quest, the objective related to regain Winterhold was automatically completed. I then went to General tullius and he asked me to continue the Reunification of Skyrim quest by going to Eastmarch. I could then finish the civil war questline.

Ok, I had the same glitch in the Eastmarch Imperial camp, but a dragon immediately attacked. and after defeating it, Legate Rikke finally wanted to give my quest to continue.

Tanelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #388
Grandpas Bulge

Grandpas Bulge's Gamercard
So I have done this quest before with my first character, but the second time around I cannot seem to activate the second part of this quest. I'am past level 15 in fact, I'am level 20 and I have waited at Winterhold for the courier who never arrives. I did not look at the scroll before hand, but can someone confirm for me that to activate the rest of this quest I must reach the quest in the main storyline when the scroll is actually needed? I cannot see any other problems or solutions other than that.
Grandpas Bulge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #389
perrperr

silent7killer75's Gamercard
weird glitch

its a weird glitch but whenever i enter winterhold, horkers spawn and attack me...
perrperr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #390
mbailey347

mikeprocurator's Gamercard
Dawnguard DLC already glitched

I can't complete the TOUCHING THE SKY quest which is apparently a very common glitch, too bad that doesn't help me. I have no saves to reload to.

EDIT: It doesn't stop you from completing the quest it just takes the quest arrow away.

Last edited by mbailey347; 06-29-2012 at 02:13 AM.
mbailey347 is offline   Reply With Quote