PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #391
TheFewl

The Fewl's Gamercard
Skyrim Glitch?

in skyrim, when i get to red eagle redoubt, it freezes and i have to restart my xbox. this has happened a bunch of times >.< i want to get rid of these swords!
TheFewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #392
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
Downloaded the new DLC and started a new game. Bought breezehome and bought all decorations. But the alchemy lab was not added, I can keep buying it from the guy in dragonsreach but won't get it.

Thanks to KillerBEA for the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I only took her on the Normandy because I'm a Paragon and want to help save the galaxy but only five damn war asset points? I could get more points by sticking a Post-It note on a wall of the Citadel with the words, "REAPERS ARE BAD!" on it.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #393
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
I got a quest to get a book for the Orc guy in the arcaneum but I had already found the book beforehand and it won't let me progress in the quest, is there any way to fix this?

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #394
Trojan Foxx

Trojan Foxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by US07 View Post
I got a quest to get a book for the Orc guy in the arcaneum but I had already found the book beforehand and it won't let me progress in the quest, is there any way to fix this?
Do you have a quest marker? Because if the book is not unique, e.g. it's one of the skill books, you still have to get a specific copy of that book. Even if you have the same book in your inventory. If not, then maybe try placing book back to where you found it and pick it up again.

- Links -
Trojan Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #395
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Foxx View Post
Do you have a quest marker? Because if the book is not unique, e.g. it's one of the skill books, you still have to get a specific copy of that book. Even if you have the same book in your inventory. If not, then maybe try placing book back to where you found it and pick it up again.
Yeah I have a quest marker but when I check the chest the book ain't there, also the book is unique and I can't remove it from my inventory because it's considered a quest item. The book's called 'cleansing the fane'.

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #396
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My lovely glitched things:
  • Gallus's Encoded Journal is stuck as a quest item
  • Amulet of Talos is stuck as a quest item
  • Return to Esbern is stuck as a misc quest
  • Bring a follower to Delphine is stuck as a misc quest
  • Days as a werewolf continue to increase even though I was cured
  • Sometimes the game acts as if I have never played it, repeating tutorial messages, etc.
  • The Dark Brotherhood Forever is glitched in quest log
  • Talk to the Companion leaders for work is stuck as a misc quest
  • Attunement Sphere is stuck as a quest item

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 07-02-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #397
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
  • Gallus's Encoded Journal is stuck as a quest item
  • Return to Esbern is stuck as a misc quest
  • Bring a follower to Delphine is stuck as a misc quest
  • Days as a werewolf continue to increase even though I was cured
  • Sometimes the game acts as if I have never played it, repeating tutorial messages, etc.
  • The Dark Brotherhood Forever is glitched in quest log
  • Talk to the Companion leaders for work is stuck as a misc quest
  • Attunement Sphere is stuck as a quest item
i have the galluses journal and the attunement sphere perma-stuck too.

can i just say though, that, the esbern one and the delphine one aren't glitched and i responded in your thread about them, with a bit more detail. the dark brotherhood forever and talk to the companions leaders for work are both permanent quests, that once completed can be completed again. so they aren't glitched, they just go on forever.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #398
MysteriousViper

MysteriousViper's Gamercard
I just found a way to bypass the glitch for Purity of Revenge. After you come back and see that the Companions are glitched, I went and attacked Vilkas till he fought back. I'm an Imperial so I used my Voice of the Emporer to calm them afterwards. Which after I used my voice, the quest popped up and I was able to continue the quest.
MysteriousViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #399
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Purchasing the alchemy decoration for the Breezehome in Whiterun after installing Dawnguard will not have it show up.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the sweet signature!
McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #400
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
A game as high profile as this that has 14 pages of glitches and bugs should be investigated in my honest oppinion.

I've had arrows not fire, arrows have a 5 second delay firing, enemies walking through scenery, myself walking into a mountain.....it's ridiculous actually, don't get me wrong I'm invested in the lore and story etc but the amount of bugs and glitches is unacceptable
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #401
A 7thProduction

A 7thProduction's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Did you get that Amulet of Talos from the guy that got executed when you first enter Solitude? As that exact amulet is in fact an actual quest item. The guys mother wants you to collect it off his body for a miscellaneous quest.
A 7thProduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #402
A 7thProduction

A 7thProduction's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchezz4387 View Post
A game as high profile as this that has 14 pages of glitches and bugs should be investigated in my honest oppinion.

I've had arrows not fire, arrows have a 5 second delay firing, enemies walking through scenery, myself walking into a mountain.....it's ridiculous actually, don't get me wrong I'm invested in the lore and story etc but the amount of bugs and glitches is unacceptable
I'm not saying a large amount of glitches are acceptable but I sort of am saying that. On a game this large glitches are expected. Can you think of another game as large as Elder Scrolls games? Sure you can get some lengthy RPG's but when you look at what the Elder Scrolls offers then none compare. Look on the modding sites for Morrowind and Oblivion and you'll find unofficial patches but even after all these years they still find new glicthes and bugs.
Don't buy an Elder Scrolls game if you're not prepared for this amount of glitches and bugs. I've been told that too many times.
A 7thProduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #403
paradox85

paradoxx85's Gamercard
I've run into a weird glitch while playing Dawnguard. My arrows won't travel more than 2-3 meters, then they fall down. No matter what bow or arrow type I use. This makes bows useless in the game.

Also, because of this, I can't get the Auriel's Bow achievement. I can't shoot at the sun, because arrows won't travel. Yes, I am pissed.

I tried loading earlier saves, and it seems the glitch has occured somewhere while doing the "Lost to the Ages" side quest. On the beginning of that quest, arrows work fine, but when at the Aetherium forge the glitch is there.

This means that if I want the Auriel's Bow achievement or bows to work, I have to load the earlier save and play from there (and have to go through the Soul Cairn again, because I did Lost to the Ages quest before that -_-).

I tried googling for solutions, but couldn't find anything useful.. This seems a relatively rare glitch. So if anybody has experienced this glitch or knows how to get rid of it, I'm all ears.
paradox85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #404
Alec216

Alec216's Gamercard
I had an amulet of talos stuck as a quest item too. Then i found in my misc objectives that i had to take one to someone. Once i did that it cleared.
Alec216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #405
MiksteRRdY

MiksteRRdY's Gamercard
Hey Guys.

Since 2 days my controller is disconnecting again and again. I googled and found out, I should get a new controller/cover.

But now I found out what's happening. EVERYTIME I encounter a dragon, it disconnects. I connect it again and kill that thing. During that fight, EVERYTIME I fire with my bow, it disconnects again. It can't be the controller which is broken or whatever.

Could that be a software issue? It has to be. Like I mentioned, everytime I encounter a dragon. Sound strange, huh?
MiksteRRdY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #406
PTC Apathy

PTC Apathy's Gamercard
Trying to get the Word at Arcwind Point but when I go up to the wall the word is just glowing blue and nothing happens. Any ideas/fixes?
PTC Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #407
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Random crashes, after killing 2 dragons, killing (and feeding as a werewolf) over 20 people, getting 2 perk upgrades to almost get the werewolf achievement, game randomly freezes! Why do you hate me Skyrim?
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #408
HeRkuLeS

DH x HeRkuLeS's Gamercard
I have so many glitched missions its not funny at all.....I wonder it they will ever get fixed in the future
HeRkuLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #409
KevinQuik

KevinQuik's Gamercard
I've been playing the quest with the Gauldurson fragments and the Gauldurson amulet.
In the room where you place the amulets, and you defeated the 3 ghosts. Gauldurson will appear, and should change the fragments to an amulet. But this didn't happen, he was just staying there. Doing nothing. Had to start over the fights.
KevinQuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #410
EAGLE EYED 911

EAGLE EYED 911's Gamercard
dawngaurd glitch

in the side quest "lost to the ages" when i am at (i think) the last door right before the aetherium forge the game freezes. it only happens when i approach the door, i've tried to enter a couple of times but it the game froze everytime!
EAGLE EYED 911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #411
NJ x BaNdiT

ZePPeLiN 856's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox85 View Post
I've run into a weird glitch while playing Dawnguard. My arrows won't travel more than 2-3 meters, then they fall down. No matter what bow or arrow type I use. This makes bows useless in the game.
That happened to me as well for a bit, but after a patch was released a while back my game was alright.

For some reason if I wear a helmet or hood it makes my charter appear as if he is bald right where it's suppose to be, but only when I am a Vampire.

To be more elaborate here is a picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (40.3 KB, 8 views)
NJ x BaNdiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #412
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
Know others have experienced this, but sometimes when I defeat a dragon the soul doesn't get absorbed. :\ I mean, I'm not in dire need of souls (usually have 15-17 on hand), but its..weird. XD

The game's frozen on me a fair few times, lagged moreover.

Some quest points I complete won't confirm. For instance, when I speak to a certain person that I'm supposed to, the marker above their head doesn't disappear and the quest doesn't update. So some of the misc quests I have prob won't be completed :\

On that note, there's an achievement for completing a certain number of sidequests, and I'm wondering why the eff I haven't gotten this one yet. I'm level 41 and I've completed so many quests it's not funny. I dunno if it's glitched or if quests have to meet certain parameters to be deemed a "side quest". :|

Mammoths have fallen from the sky, too.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #413
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE EYED 911 View Post
in the side quest "lost to the ages" when i am at (i think) the last door right before the aetherium forge the game freezes. it only happens when i approach the door, i've tried to enter a couple of times but it the game froze everytime!
I know what you are talking about, because I thought my game froze at that point too...but it was actually making an autosave before I entered the door. So, in my case, the game didn't freeze, but I almost rebooted my Xbox when I saw it was taking a long time to load...then it finally loaded.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #414
NJ x BaNdiT

ZePPeLiN 856's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Kennedy View Post
I saw that happen twice today. It's so random that you mentioned that haha.
NJ x BaNdiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #415
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Another quest freezer for me. First it was The Forsworn Conspiracy and now it's Diplomatic Immunity. A main quest . Every time I speak to Delphine to go the the party it freezes. I now cannot complete the main storyline on this character. Such bs.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #416
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Kennedy View Post

Best moments in my Skyrim life.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #417
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
OK, I'm concerned. I have been trying for a week now to complete the new DLC. I only have the last 3 achievements left, (Auriels Bow, Kindred Judgement and Lost to the Ages) here is my problem. Every time I try ti load either of the 3 quest noted, either when I get to the cave or door to enter, once in load screen my games freezes, or it loads and I and the entire area is falling over and over again. I have done everything, I cleared cache, I deleted skyrim from HD, I deleted DLC, I deleted Updates, no matter what I do i can't finish this dang story.

I would ask for suggestions, but honestly, I don't think there is any. I just figured I would come here and post my happiness LOL. Thanks for reading.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #418
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
A False Front (Imperial)

When I received this quest from Rikke, I didn't get a quest marker. When I checked the quests list, I found that it had been completed with the journal entry: "I have successfully intercepted the Stormcloak Courier and turned in false documents to the enemy commander in Dawnstar". Bollocks! I did no such thing. Ever. Not only that, but the "Find the Stormcloak Courier" objective is still unchecked. Am I screwed? Will I have to create a whole new character just to finish the Civil War quest line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #419
xBenR

xBenR's Gamercard
Not sure if its the same on xbox, but on ps3 if you went into Windhelm there was a house, I think it was the house of clan shatter shield, but you could walk right through the corner of the house and then walk out of the city into Skyrim and walk about the unrendered world, its was pretty good
Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #420
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenR View Post
Not sure if its the same on xbox, but on ps3 if you went into Windhelm there was a house, I think it was the house of clan shatter shield, but you could walk right through the corner of the house and then walk out of the city into Skyrim and walk about the unrendered world, its was pretty good
ha, yeah ive done this. you go out through there for one of the merchant chests that you can loot from, but you need a companion. this is how you do it if you're interested;