PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #31
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
edit: sorry, you are here:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Geirmund's_Hall

Last edited by shadowr4ven; 12-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #32
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
While this is annoying, it can be easily fixed. Find a free unowned container and drop all your daggers into it.

Close the box and re-open it. All your daggers will be stacked. (eg. iron dagger [51])
I will have to try that out. But I will still have to be careful, last night I noticed that when storing items my courser jumps around. I was storing a bunch of weapons in a trunk and I stored my main weapon without realizing it. It is not a huge problem just a minor inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
i remember reading that book and grabbing the sword (the final boss guy was actually pretty beast), there was another "legend of the red eagle" book inside the dungeon / area. i dont remember it putting the quest back in my log, im pretty sure it was out of the journal after i was done. i did put both books on my shelf tho
Yeah, Red Eagle definitely kicked my ass too. I did go back to Red Eagle Redoubt last night but the sword was not there. It is not too bad though, I mean I already did the quest and got all the loot from it. I just wish it was out of my quest journal
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
Akatsuki Sw1tch

Akatsuki Sw1tch's Gamercard
Had to quit one of the numbers jobs in riften as it wouldn't let me interact with the ledger & the quest arrow was half way up the wall over the other side of the room "Nice"

But my personal fav was watching a dragon & giant spawn right out of the ground in front of me & start attacking each other, I couldn't attack the dragon at all as my swings just passed through him as though he wasn't there.

P.S Why the hell hasn't my Gamercard updated on this site for about 6 months?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #34
Helium

Named GAMER's Gamercard
My recent save haves bug that I can't see any NPC and items in some certain areas. Also seems like this bug is spreading...
Trying to find way around it.
Note you can see items if you move them but after the ''moving'' stops it will be invisible again.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #35
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
:sigh:

i'm 970/1000. Sold the thieves guild armor, so I'm screwed on that 30GS
Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #36
bfmv lfc

Mr Evil Donkey's Gamercard
I come across a rather horrible glitch during the "First Lessons" quest which is part of the mage guild questline.
When Tolfdir asks you to perform your lesser ward as part of a demostration he should throw a fireball at you. I cast lesser ward and he just stands there doing nothing.
After a few hours I found a way around it. I went to where Tolfdir was standing and killed one of the students behind him. Ran out the college and Winterhold. Fast travelled when I got away from the guards and then Fast travelled back. Went back to Tolfdir and we just skipped the demonstration and quest finished. Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.
bfmv lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #37
haydo1801

shaved my moot's Gamercard
I glitched, one of the white dragons wings was hovering above it
haydo1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
lazygammer13

Location: I live in a small little Nowheresville in Michigan.

lazygammer13's Gamercard
I'm trying to do the Thieves guild quest "The Pursuit", but Karliah will only hang out in Winterhold, and won't go meet me at the Ragged Flaggon. I walked inside, and all the NPCs inside are holding their weapons, but I can't continue the questline. Can Anyone help??? I've been running into glitches up the yin yang today and I just want to finish the thieves guild.
lazygammer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #39
wolfbiker

b0ngw4t3r's Gamercard
Boethiah's Calling Quest:

Had no problem with the quest until right at the end. I retrieve the Ebony Mail and equip all of it, Boethiah is supposed to talk to me to complete quest. Nothing happens

any help would be greatly appreciated!
wolfbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #40
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbiker View Post
Boethiah's Calling Quest:

Had no problem with the quest until right at the end. I retrieve the Ebony Mail and equip all of it, Boethiah is supposed to talk to me to complete quest. Nothing happens

any help would be greatly appreciated!
I had the same problem. I reloaded an earlier save (before i reached the camp) killed everyone again and tried equipping the armour again and it worked.
I'm not sure if the "steathily" part has something to do with this, because on my first try the leader discovered me but the 2nd time i killed him with arrows from the shadows.
Hope this helps.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #41
Kraderic
Banned User

Here's a fix to the Markarth Dialogue Loop glitch that is something that sometimes resulted from the Forsworn Conspiracy quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
There was a thread earlier regarding the glitch that you will be continually arrested by Markarth Guards for conspiracy against the Hold without any viable options of bribing, pursuading, paying off, or serving your sentence working (which is sometimes resulted from the Forsworn Conspiracy quest glitch), leading you into perpetually being pursued by Markarth guards, effectively ruining any further quests that might require you to enter the city later in the game. Credits to a GameFaqs poster for figuring out a fix; worked on my first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattiesneo
So, as some of you may or may not be aware, there is a bug with the main Markath quest line which will cause guards to enter an endless loop when arresting you. I encountered this bug during my playthrough, and (after about 2 hours of trial and error) finally got it fixed. So, I figured I'd post it here in hopes to spare some of you the toil I went through figuring this out.

Here's a short overview on how to avoid this bug completely:
IF YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE THE QUEST - After doing a little investigation work during the main quest line, you will be asked to return to the Shrine of Talos. Upon arriving to the shrine, you are ambushed by guards waiting to arrest you.
*LET THE GUARDS ARREST YOU!!!! DO NOT RUN AWAY!!!!*

************SPOILERS BELOW*********

IF YOU HAVE LEFT TOWN DURING THIS PART - Basically, if you run away, come back later, and then get arrested, the guards will still attempt to arrest you even after the questline is complete and you've been "pardoned" by the jarl. In order to possibly the bug at this point, YOU WILL NEED TO BE ARRESTED BY THE GUARDS IN THE SHRINE OF TALOS. DO NOT LET ANY OTHER GUARD ARREST YOU.
(From what I can tell, this bug originates from not being arrested by the guards at the shrine of talos. Although I cannot personally confirm that this will stop you from encountering this bug, I'd say it's worth a shot.)

IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE QUESTLINE AND HAVE THE BUG, THIS FIX MAY WORK FOR YOU. IT WORKED FOR ME.
*A couple of things to note*
- I had the questline fully complete. (It was marked as complete and I had the reward)
- I took the option to kill the guy in the prison. Not sure if this will work if you choose not to kill him.
Here's the steps (step 0 is a preparation step):
0. Accumulate a non-zero bounty in Markath. You can do this by easily by killing a guard.
0. Make sure you have enough gold to pay off your bounty.
1. Get yourself combat ready. You will need to be able to take some punishment. Put on some good armor and equip a heal spell or two.
2. Save the game. You will probably be reloading this save a few times.
3. When ready, fast travel to Markath.
4. When you arrive, a guard will approach. Choose the option to resist arrest and run away.
5. RUN LIKE HELL TO THE SHRINE OF TALOS
6. Once inside the shrine, surrender yourself to one of guards at the shrine. MAKE SURE TH ONE WHO SPEAKS WITH YOU WAS ONE OF THE GUARDS AT THE SHRINE, AND NOT ONE THAT FOLLOWED YOU IN!
---- Note ----
Sometimes some of the guards that followed you in will attack you while you are talking with the guard you surrendered to. In this case, reload your save and start over from step 3.
----------------
7. Once in the dialogue, choose the option to surrender and be taken to jail. If done correctly, a new dialogue option that reads "....." will be available. Select it. If this option does not appear, reload you save and start from step 3.
8. After choosing the "....." option, continue on with the conversation and agree to be taken to jail. The dialogue will then loop to the original options. Choose to pay off your crimes.

If done correctly, the guards will no longer attempt to arrest you on sight, and you can resume play as normal. Please note that this took me about 7-8 tries before it finally worked. Sometimes the dialogue can bug and just not give you the "....." option. Hopefully this trick will work for some of you with bugged files. Paying off a 12000g bounty may not be the best option, but it's better than having to make a new game.
source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/61580...kyrim/61114055
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #42
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak4ever View Post
BIG annoying glitch for me. After I completed the companions storyline a LONG time ago, I am unable to leave Jorrvaskr, thats right. I can go in fine, but no matter what I do, the game freezes EVERY TIME with failure on the loading screen to leave. I do not have this problem anywhere else in the game, and this is annoying as fuck...
Anyone have a fix for this one? This is exactly the same problem I'm having, and I don't have a save that I can revert to unless I jump back a full 10 levels in gameplay. I've played to the point of Level 71 legit and now I can't leave Jorrvaskr as it freezes the game every time. I've tried everything, so I guess I literally can't play the game anymore from that save. I have also completed the Companions quests a long time ago and I'm unsure why the game freezes here...only went in Jorrvaskr to find the One-handed trainer, as I was working on improving that skill.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #43
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Angry Cannot Leave Jorrvaskr (Game-Breaking Glitch)

Okay so I'm posting in here instead of the main glitch thread because I'm looking to find a fix. That thread only seems to list glitches as I've only seen a few that have been responded with fixes.

Basically I'm stuck in Jorrvaskr (the home to the Companions guild) and cannot leave. Every time I've tried to leave this building the game freezes on me. I've done all the quests quite a long time ago and only went in to receive training in the One-handed skill so I'm not sure why it's happening now rather than back when I was doing the Companions quests.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I don't have a save close enough before this point, and I'd rather not have to start the game over simply because I entered a damn building lol... I've experienced plenty of the other glitches, including the game breaking ones and this one takes the cake! Experienced the one where you do the entire Thieves Guild quests and then can't progress through the Nightingale door, but jumped through the glitchy-gap thingy on the side of the door to make it through muhahaha. Encountered the Dark Brotherhood coffin glitch where you can't progress, but waited in-game and pressed the guide button a million times during the cutscene and evaded that glitch (Not sure how that fix works lol, but cool I'll take it)! Seen dragons floating around violently like they were possessed by a demon and dragon souls that would not absorb when I near the dragon. Seen Dragon Shouts from Word Walls not absorbing when you near them (on 4 different occasions), but still managed to be lucky enough to get at least one of each shout and the shout achievement. Also became thane of every hold only to get to Winterhold and to realize that the drunken guy that is the main way to get into the Jarl's good graces was killed long ago in one of the College of Winterhold quests, and was happy enough to find a work-around for that. But after all that glitchy non-sense and progress just 10 levels away from the level cap, my luck has finally run out as I'm unable to leave a freaking building. :/
Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #44
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
Here's a fix to the Markarth Dialogue Loop glitch that is something that sometimes resulted from the Forsworn Conspiracy quest.
crap. pretty sure in my current save I allowed myself to be arrested outside of the shrine at some point. I've been in the jail, but I served my time and left.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #45
Lucas McCain

o LucasMcCain o's Gamercard
I have not had this issue, but I have had some others that were solved by loading an earlier save and doing the exact same thing again. You said you didn't have a recent save. There should have been an autosave made when you entered the building. There should be another when you entered Whiterun, or when you fast-travelled to Whiterun (though that save will be wherever you fast-travelled from.) Try loading these, repeat your actions (training and whatnot) and then see if you can leave. Hope this helps.
Lucas McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #46
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

All my autosaves were re-written in trying to reload and attempting to leave the building again. All I have is a save from 10 levels before, and I've done quite a bit between then..
Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #47
Topblue

PPF17's Gamercard
I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. Got a Rescue Mission from Vilkas, completed it and now can't leave Jorrvaskr.

Luckilly i had a save from just before taking this quest so i was able to load that. Haven't been back inside Jorrvaskr since!
Topblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #48
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if there was a game-breaking glitch for the College of Winterhold as well. Then there would be one for each of the main 4 guilds! I don't think Oblivion was this glitchy in a negative way. It's ok, I can start from 10 levels behind. Leveling up just gets kind of slow when you get high up in the levels....and I like to collect things in the game. I'll have to do all that collecting over again blah!! lol Thankfully this is my favorite game and I don't mind much.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #49
Lucas McCain

o LucasMcCain o's Gamercard
That sucks, man. Sorry I wasn't any help. That sort of thing has happened to me in enough Bethesda games that I keep about 15 saves, and just save over the oldest one about every five or ten minutes. I know how frustrating it can be to go back a ways. Sorry you couldn't find a way around it.
Lucas McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #50
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

It's all good. Took your advice and tried an autosave just before I received my training, but the game still froze. Too bad that clearing your cache doesn't work with this game, it just gives you that 'your game was created on a later save so you can't load your game and play it offline EVER' nonsense lol. Kind of gay. I was sure that might work. Also tried installing the game (since I didn't have it installed) and that didn't work. I tried the method to fix the Dark Brotherhood coffin game-freeze and a method that fixes another glitch, where you re-load a save right off the carriage at the beginning of the game and then load your glitched save. Nothing has worked so far so I guess I will be back-tracking. Besides all the game-breaking and quest-ending glitches, this game is the shizznit so I won't mind backtracking too much lol. Back to playing Skyrim, woohoooooooooooo!!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #51
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Companions Totem problem *slight Spoilers*

I ran into a bug last night

I would ask Aela for work at the Companions(i have finished the main Companions quest) and she babbled on about some Totem we have to go and get,and my waypoint took us to Sunderstone Gorge

when we arrive there,we go through the cave mouth to a loading screen.....and my 360 locks up during loading,this happened 3 times at the same point last night before i gave up and went to bed

as the place is supposed to be random,i tried it again today from an earlier autosave where she gave me the quest again,however i was hoping Sunderstone Gorge was random,and perhaps she would give a new location,however,she didn't...i tried again anyway and it still locks up when loading the cave

The thing is,i have been to Sunderstone Gorge on my own and cleared the place,but now with Aela in tow,i can't even enter the cave

anybody else had this problem?

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #52
Helium

Named GAMER's Gamercard
Fused dragon

I had intresting glitch today. I went to kill dragon but it had something ''special'' in it. I had some how goten fused dragon . Dragon what I was kiling was just Dragon but after it health dropped under 30% and it was still flying. Sudenly the name changed to Elder dragon and health went back up. No problem but after I got the Elder dragon killed. I had to still kill the Dragon. After I got that killed too I got only one soul.
So they where actually fused together in one dragon?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #53
Kyuluk1

Kyuluk1's Gamercard
companions quests

A bug which has really annoyed me is when your getting show to your room at the very beginning or the companions questline.
It actually started before then though...
I spoke to the leader orlf the companions and the guy at side of him kept interupting the conversation (the guy who you have a little spar with) then he gave me his sword to get sharpened and he kept following me, drawing his weapon and starting a conversation dialogue up.
Anyway, while this continued i managed to finish that quest, hand the item in to the woman and start the next part of being shown to my room, but instead the guy that is supposed to show me went a little mental, drew his weapon and went chasing after the other guy who kept drawing his weapon, they fought, both ko'd by guards and now they both just stand in the middle of whiterun, doing nothing, they dont move, dont fight, nothing.
I cant even select a bed to sleep in within jvorskir (or whatever its called) as they all say owned so i cant even begin the companion story line correctly
Kyuluk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #54
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
this is just a note, but the bug fixed itself for me.

When trying to become Thane of Solitude, you'll be given a misc quest called "Help the people of Haafingar - 0/5" Well, mine said 5/5 since I'd already done 5 things. It didn't auto-complete. I had to go to the killing Potempa quest, then turned that in and it said Completed - 6/5

so you have to do another quest after you get that, to complete it.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #55
Jmdavis33

Jmdavis33's Gamercard
Stores

For some reason the general store in whiterun won't open. At first I figured he just died but now the blacksmith in riverside is closed as well. Tried breaking in and the shop owner isn't there.

Also I was moving all my stuff to a new house using the follower weight glitch and I dropped 50 ingots, when I got to the new home he only had one. Also while doing the same glitch some armor I had turned stolen so I had to fence it.

So far just annoying stuff, no game breaking.

P.S. if anyone knows how to fix the store thing, I'd really like to know.
Jmdavis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #56
adamvk

The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller

So I got to the cave, read the note, went to the inn, and then she told me about everything and was supposed to give me the horn? I don't remember getting it. However the horn just disappeared!!! Does she put it somewhere or something? On my quest log there is a big red X next to retrieve horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Because of this I can no longer go on further in the main quest. Very frustrating. I remember why I stopped playing Oblivion now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
adamvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #57
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Delvin wont buy the Left Eye of Falmer from me, wich is the last special trinket in the Thieves Guild Main Mission you will get. Pretty annoying.

Anyone has experience the same problem and has find a solution??

I tried everything, take them out of my inventory and pick only the left and not the right eye, the opposite of that. Store them for a few hours then get them and try and I even take the item and start to smash it to his head just to clarified that I have it (not that will help, but hey that was fun).

Its even more annoying when so far I had the luck of experiencing very few bugs. Im still running in 1.1 by the way, I heard 1.2 and 1.3 fuck the game and Im waiting for 1.4 to see if that one fix more that fucks.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #58
D15rupt0r

D15rupt0r's Gamercard
Dark Brotherhood....

my game keeps crashing when I return to the sanctuary and have to embrace the night mother to avoid the fire? I have tried it with game installed and not installed but it still does it, any ideas?
D15rupt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #59
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D15rupt0r View Post
my game keeps crashing when I return to the sanctuary and have to embrace the night mother to avoid the fire? I have tried it with game installed and not installed but it still does it, any ideas?
It happened to me too, I just left it alone a few minutes (like maybe 5) while still stuck on the black screen and it eventually worked itself loose. Hope that helps. Don't press any buttons while waiting!!
oooo yeah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #60
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

The only glitch I have seen is that I was watching a giant herd two mammoths then all of a sudden one of the mammoths just floats up really high and drops back down and of course it died...I was laughing so hard I accidentally shot a ice spike at the giant, needless to say getting hit by the club shut me up in one hit(I was only on level 9)
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote