PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #91
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is it a misc.quest? Or is it important? Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and remember it!

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #92
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Sorry for double post...but i found this quite funny. I was doing the sneak 100 exploit with the greybeards just now and one, when down to 0 health, stumbled backwards in to a jug/vase/thing. The glitch being, he was stuck in it. It would follow him around and look like a dress almost. I took pics on my iPhone (playing on a TV) he eventually crouched down and it separated from him. He was getting stuck round corners too!

Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #93
xXChiddyXx

Send a message via MSN to xXChiddyXx

xXChiddyXx's Gamercard
Help Thieves Guild: One with the Shadows

Ok, I sold my thieves guild armour because it was not as good as the armour I had at the time now I need it to complete the final thieves guild quest. This is a warning and an ask for help, is there away to get your thieves guild armour back (I sold it Tonilia and now can not buy/sell from her as she wants the armour). If not then as a warning DO NOT SELL YOUR THIEVES GUILD ARMOUR as it makes this achievement missable.

http://www.trueachievements.com/xXChiddyXx.htm

xXChiddyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #94
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
I ran into my first quest breaking glitch about two weeks ago during the Thieves Guild storyline. Thieves Guild is still glitched with Brynjolf in the Guild where he says the same line over and over, then Karliah not being in Nightingale Hall. I don't know if I can still become Guild Master or not by doing the side jobs that I get from Delvin and Vex. I just ran into my second quest breaking glitch just a short time ago. I went to do the Animal Extermination quest for one of the Companion's, but the saber cat that I was supposed to kill was already dead when I arrived in Greenspring Hollow and now it won't allow me to complete the quest and I can't do any other jobs until it's completed. I hope these two things get fixed soon. So now I'm leary about trying to finish the game now because of other quest related missions being glitched.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #95
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Just start a 2nd game mate, there is enough to do in the game to make your 2nd story completely different

Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #96
FeeFyeFoeFum

Feefyefoefum's Gamercard
Just a couple of glitched quests thus far:

Repairing the White phial, hit with the Briar heart glitch, had a non quest briar heart in my inventory when give the quest by the messenger, now cannot update the quest item for the heart from the body of the indicated forsworn leader. Dont have the briar heart on me anymore - ate all the other briar hearts in me inventory and the 'quest' item one vanished as well! Forsworn leader has respawned but killing him and harvesting his briar heart doesn't update the quest still.

Got a new one today, unable to finish the jarl's quests in riften, so can't become a thane or purchase the house. Last quest needed is to stop the skooma trade, did the 1st part, got given a location to stop the skooma trade, a cave (Cragskall (sp)), which I had been directed to earlier in game and was therefore cleared. quest marker led me straight to the cave but upon entering, no quest markers, all bad guys cleared out but quest doesn't update, so glitched.

FeeFye

Some people are like slinkies, not good for much but they make ya smile when ya push 'em down the stairs.
FeeFyeFoeFum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #97
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
There's another thread similar to this, about a companion quest not working. Seems to be quite frequent...you could wait it out and hope its fixed in 1.4 or just start over, i guess
Thanks, I forgot I posted in a topic instead of making a thread so I just made a thread. I can't delete it so what the hell.

I really hope it's fixed though.
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #98
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Hope you get it fixed bud!

Anyway I spoke to soon today, I came across 2 bugs/glitches today!

Game froze when I pressed B, then went yellow with a funky pattern in the corner. (Got a photo will upload later)

And I killed a dragon, only for it to sit there and not doing anything - no soul but I could search it =/

Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #99
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
has anybody else noticed their dragons not giving souls?

i was glad that the recent patch fixed my stupid backwards dragons, but honestly its getting old when every fix releases a new problem. this is the first time i didnt get to absorb the dragon soul, i have killed many thru out the playthru and never ran into this problem.

now after this patch the very first dragon i ran into didnt give me his soul. granted he was a noob, by far the easiest dragon fight i ever had lol. but still i was so stunned, i do the same thing everytime i kill a dragon. i un-equip my weapon and circle it a couple times until the soul releases. at which point i do a 720 victory spin or something. then i loot the dragon corpse.

i waited for like 15 minutes, took all the bones / scales and still nothing. i was like turning around, and sneakily coming back lol. i tried everything! saved then loaded and tried to walk up again
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #100
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

I posted the same thing 40 mins ago. Right above you. Nothing you can do.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #101
phil4094

phil4094's Gamercard
Anyone else having issues with the College of Winterhold questline, I am stuck Can't do eye of magnus quest or the one before it, it sucks finished all but a few quests in game 5 more chives to...
phil4094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #102
OldBayFries

oldbayfries's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
has anybody else noticed their dragons not giving souls?...
I've had this happen numerous times pre 1.3 patch. Now I've been making sure to save before dragon fights and if I don't absorb a soul I reload a save. At first I though it was normal but then I hated not absorbing dragons souls so I always reload a save.
OldBayFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #103
FalseHope4829

Send a message via AIM to FalseHope4829

Truth x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
So I already did the entire thieves guild questline, im a nightingale, guild master, etc. I randomly found another Calcemo Stone Rubbing in a random cave so I picked it up. Now I can go through the entire nightingale, kill mercer frey crap all over again. Anyone know if i can just go through it all again to get rid of it or what?

Games Completed

RETAIL:
Avatar: TLA: TBE, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands (1750), Borderlands 2, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fable II (1350), Fable III, Fallout 3 (1550), Fallout New Vegas (1655), Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Halo 3 (1750), Oblivion (1250), Resident Evil 5 (orig 1000), Shadowrun, Skyrim (1300), Terminator: Salvation, TMNT, The Darkness

Arcade: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Dash of Destruction, The Maw (250)

FalseHope4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #104
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope4829 View Post
So I already did the entire thieves guild questline, im a nightingale, guild master, etc. I randomly found another Calcemo Stone Rubbing in a random cave so I picked it up. Now I can go through the entire nightingale, kill mercer frey crap all over again. Anyone know if i can just go through it all again to get rid of it or what?
Something similar happened to me to. When I went into the dwemer museum the quest started again. It only repeated this one quest but I got a second nightingale blade.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #105
pineapplejunkey

Pineapplejunkey's Gamercard
The steward in Windhelm keeps saying the house is not available, even after it say to buy one from him.
pineapplejunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #106
FangtasticBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapplejunkey View Post
The steward in Windhelm keeps saying the house is not available, even after it say to buy one from him.
Did you do the quests first?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #107
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeFyeFoeFum View Post
Got a new one today, unable to finish the jarl's quests in riften, so can't become a thane or purchase the house. Last quest needed is to stop the skooma trade, did the 1st part, got given a location to stop the skooma trade, a cave (Cragskall (sp)), which I had been directed to earlier in game and was therefore cleared. quest marker led me straight to the cave but upon entering, no quest markers, all bad guys cleared out but quest doesn't update, so glitched.

FeeFye
This happens if you kill someone at the cave before you start the quest. to fix it Kill everyone inside and out of the cave (on the off chance that you just missed someone), If that doesn't work, fast travel away, and then Wait 24 hours a bunch of times to get the place to respawn, and kill em all again.

Is it just me or are sounds being played late since the 1.3 patch? (eg when you locate a place, or kill an animal)

Last edited by SpinelesS; 12-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #108
hustler

IzI Saints IzI's Gamercard
follower

Everytime i try and hire help or get the lady to follow me in whiterun they both say i already have someone following me but i don't their is nothing following me any help would be appreciated

this is a link for RIFT very good MMO give it a go this link gives you a 14 day free trial its really worth it

GT: IzI Saints IzI
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #109
Skilledragon

SkilledNath's Gamercard
Giltch

The first companions quest where you take the shield to aela it points the marker where the giants are in bleakwood basin but aela isnt there then my friend told me to look in the room where she normally is but she is no where to be seen can any one help me with this one please
Skilledragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #110
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
Numbers Job glitch

I was doing the job for changing the books in Solitude Stables. Got in, changed the numbers, and got out. The quest log said "I forged false numbers..." and all that. When I went to turn the job in, though, the guy yells at me for "getting pinched" and the quest fails. The quest log then says that I got busted and went to jail. That never happened, though. The quest log literally changed in seconds.
When I reloaded and tried again, I checked after each load (the last time I checked was right before talking to him). The log shows that I forged the numbers, but then he still yelled about getting pinched and it still failed.
I did the job yet a third time, as I thought maybe it was because I did it during the day (although no one saw me do it). I reloaded a save, waited until 2am, broke in, changed the numbers, and left. All of this was totally unseen by anyone, and the log said I forged the numbers. I returned to the guy and he yet again yelled at me for getting put in jail.
This happen to anyone else, or did I screw something up?

Last edited by DragonusDarque; 12-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #111
Manguish

Manguish's Gamercard
Worked fine for me.

You'd be better off reloading, quitting the job, taking another and trying again.

Manguish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #112
Etown Scarface

etown scarface's Gamercard
Word of power problem!

While in Volunruud seeking out a character as part of the "Brotherhood of Darkness" quests, I decided to explore the place for a word of power. I did find a place to receive one but it did not activate. When I approached it I faintly heard the "shouts" as you normally get but also a loud sizzling sound. The screen did not go dark nor did a word light up on the wall and I have gotten nothing, just a loud sizzling noise....
Anyone else experience this??
Etown Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #113
Comet302

Comet302's Gamercard
well i have only had one glitch so far....

when i first started the game... right after the first credits...

instead of being in the cart and the story beginning i was standing out of the cart and looking at a shovel on the side of the cart.... i turned around and there were 5 people just standing there looking at me.... i hit A but it just said "your hands are bound"... i wish i took a picture!!!.. there was a horse standing to my right not attached to the cart.... i could not walk anywhere... since it was my first time playing i thought this was part of the story and i had to figure out a way to get away... but after 20 minutes of standing there was nothing i could do but spin around and look at the scenery... the people would just stand there looking at me.... i just restarted the game and then i was now sitting in the cart going down the road.... and the story began as it should have....

Comet302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #114
brave soul1991

Brave Soul1991's Gamercard
When doing the stormcloak rebelien I have to take the axe jarl stormcloak gives me to the jarl of whiterun. I cannot talk to him though as he is floating in the air. Any ideas on how to fix this or should I just start a new game :s
brave soul1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #115
Etown Scarface

etown scarface's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet302 View Post
well i have only had one glitch so far....

when i first started the game... right after the first credits...

instead of being in the cart and the story beginning i was standing out of the cart and looking at a shovel on the side of the cart.... i turned around and there were 5 people just standing there looking at me.... i hit A but it just said "your hands are bound"... i wish i took a picture!!!.. there was a horse standing to my right not attached to the cart.... i could not walk anywhere... since it was my first time playing i thought this was part of the story and i had to figure out a way to get away... but after 20 minutes of standing there was nothing i could do but spin around and look at the scenery... the people would just stand there looking at me.... i just restarted the game and then i was now sitting in the cart going down the road.... and the story began as it should have....
Same thing happened to me when I started my first game...
Etown Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #116
terravexti

Blood on the ice

I give bethesda some cred for putting out patches, but "blood on he ice" quest is the worst. I have an immortal serial killer living in my own home(WTF). Any tips??....This quest is so bugged it must top their to do list.
terravexti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #117
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I had a mammoth go straight up in the air, like 200-300 ft., fall and die. Nothing was around it. I wish I could have taken a movie or at least a picture. And I saw a giant hit a bear and it shot off his club, like he had hit a home run.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #118
FangtasticBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Everytime i try and hire help or get the lady to follow me in whiterun they both say i already have someone following me but i don't their is nothing following me any help would be appreciated
This happens if you have started a quest where someone is waiting for you. Finish the quest and then you can have followers again.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #119
BrenteusMaximus

BrenteusMaximus's Gamercard
Did anyone else here never get rest bonuses? I've rented rooms and slept, slept in my own home and never got any kind of rest bonus at all.
BrenteusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #120
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenteusMaximus View Post
Did anyone else here never get rest bonuses? I've rented rooms and slept, slept in my own home and never got any kind of rest bonus at all.
Are you a werewolf? That prevents rest bonuses. Also, you need to sleep for at least 8 hours I believe to get a rest bonus.