PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #61
IHeartParamore

IHeartParamore's Gamercard
I picked up King of Fighters XIII over christmas, and well, I really suck at it. But I was thinking of giving the trials a go... Can't be that hard to do 5/10 for every character can it >_>?
IHeartParamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
I already did 200. Never ever gonna finish all of them though, just like Blazblue.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #63
RA1NKING
Banned User

Yep , Same as me. I have done quite a lot of challenges. Which character did you do all 10 trials for ?. Im busy with maxima and have 2 left.
RA1NKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #64
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Maxima and Vice. Also did 9 for Ryo, 8 for Goro, Saiki and Billy, and 7 for NESTS Kyo I believe. Those were by far the easiest for me.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
deadpool tenth

I'm gonna expand on what dennoman said because I could not do this combo without specific spacing.

Though denno's advice is spot on I think my method is just a tiny bit easier because it doesn't include the second ground dash.

Alright to start off from the beginning jump over chun and push her against the wall [ player 1 one side] obviously you won't be able to jump over her but do a Katana-rama > chimichanga and you have perfect spacing.

Now X factor and do the c.M s.H into quick work [ I found often that I was doing it too fast because it would actually hit Chun in the back and shoot her too far away for a dash to catch] dash c.M s.H quick work M [ at this point you will be back on player one side] S a.H S land and katana rama Chiminchanga

After she wall bounces use Denno's timing for landing the 236 L>H for the bolo quick work H and as soon as you do this continue to hold back from that 214 motion and you can S without a dash as soon as the launch lands shift to left up and S again. From there go to neutral and do the air hyper and since you're facing the p1 side it will be a 214 motion

Thanks to denno for the tips on this one because it was easier once I realized what Denno had said about X factor but I still couldnt do it without pushing her closer to the wall

n33njah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #66
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33njah View Post
After she wall bounces use Denno's timing for landing the 236 L>H for the bolo quick work H and as soon as you do this continue to hold back from that 214 motion and you can S without a dash as soon as the launch lands shift to left up and S again. From there go to neutral and do the air hyper and since you're facing the p1 side it will be a 214 motion
Nobody has problem hitting last hyper? :P
After practice, I can do this combo both in 1P and 2P side without X-factor.
So I just keep doing it but always fail in last hyper...
And finally I got a solution, use back jump in last launcher....
Yes, you can still hit in air but keep more distance with chun-li.
Make the hyper easier to hit.

I got the achievement a month ago but I did this mission last week.
Sipderman #8 really piss me off, so I just go to market and buy jill and suma right away and get my achievement.
I complete about 490 now. After I got the achievement I only do 2 or 3 a week.
But I really hate spiderman #8 and #10...

and...anyone try to complete sf3 3rd ae all mission? :P

Last edited by Lyre220; 01-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Lyre220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #67
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
I had a little trouble with the air hyper but it was my own fault because I extended the 214 motion into a 2147 aka I was tk buffering it and it would double jump so to cure that I delayed until I was on the way down and did a slow 214 and managed it pretty smooth

Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #68
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Hey guys I just wanted to submit a very nice tip for Felicia's 10. Immediately start X-Factor and wait for Dormammu to jump 7+ times (I did 7 and was RIGHT on the dot). Then when you go into the first hyper combo, count approximately 8 slashing sounds before you X-Factor (if you did 7 jumps it should end right on the 8th hit) then one last hyper to finish it. Hope this helps. X-Factor makes the beginning MUCH easier.

Edit: I would actually recommend waiting 8-10 jumps. The X-Factor is only really used to make all of the air moves much easier. Instead of having to be pixel perfect you can easily chain the 3 air combos wherever he is in the air.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.

Last edited by IceKingz; 01-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #69
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
blah

only 2 missions left to clear my 480. I've knocked out several pain one's [ modok 10 mag's 9 dr doom 8-9] with all the tips tricks and hints you guy's have dropped. I will say the fighting game community is probably the most awesome place. This is the only place where someone will show you how to do trial mode but demolish you and talk some friendly trash.

So thanks. I'm gonna figure out which two are gonna be my last cause I have some [ easy ones on paper at least ] character missions I'm not familliar with [dante 10, Shuma 10, task 10 sentinel 10] so I will eventually get the 480 just gotta figure out which two are gonna be my easiest ones to hit. Just wanted to say thanks to Denno, Didi, Jakez, PS3diabolix, Midersaw, and generally anyone who posted anything helpful.

Cheers

Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #70
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33njah View Post
So thanks. I'm gonna figure out which two are gonna be my last cause I have some [ easy ones on paper at least ] character missions I'm not familliar with [dante 10, Shuma 10, task 10 sentinel 10] so I will eventually get the 480 just gotta figure out which two are gonna be my easiest ones to hit. Just wanted to say thanks to Denno, Didi, Jakez, PS3diabolix, Midersaw, and generally anyone who posted anything helpful.

Cheers
taskman 10
shuma 10
dante 10
sentinel 10

from easy to hard, imo
there is a super hard link in sentinel 10
the air float S after x-factor then punch
there's no easy way, just keep trying until you got it hit
and even more, the last air S is hard to hit too

there is a hard link in dante 10
but not so hard as sentinel 10
I remember it's after first air combo, then down-faword h...
after that is easy
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #71
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
U go brah

Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #72
IHeartParamore

I might be biased because I play Dante (very badly) but I think his is the easiest of the missions to do. As you're obviously better than me then it shouldn't be too much trouble. Just practice from the first (i forget the name) DF+BBBB move to the end of the combo. It's SO simple, and the timing window is far from tight. As soon as you can hit that all the time, which shouldn't take too long the hardest bit is learning the BnB volcano lanuch combo. The hard part is timing the 2nd jumping H into the standing H into the DF BBBBB. Hit the air H when you're as low as possible then just get it down to instinct to start mashing the button so you do the standing B into the OTG as both links are quite tight (without doing the air guns thingy). You'll feel out the timing pretty quickly. That to the 2nd launch took me half an hour to learn to a point where I can do it 50% of the time. Never took the time to learn it before, because I never bothered learning to bold cancel or anything. Yeah, I got to 4th Lord on vanilla without ever learning to bold cancel... Infact I got to 4th lord on vanilla with Hulk as my anchor :/
Old 01-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #73
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
viper 10
I am sure you don't have to use "tiger knee" input to cancel first hit of ground s to light thunder knuckle, just like the video.
And use back jump cancel seismo help you don't push skull so much and sometime you will get to another side after light thunder knuckle.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #74
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Cleared as of 345 today Dante 10 wasmy last thanks guys

Old 01-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #75
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Finally clear all 500 today
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #76
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Yay, 祝贺你! Too lazy to switch to unsimplified

Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #77
legendaryjman

Legendary J Man's Gamercard
Captain America #8

I see everyone talking about mission #10 for everyone, but I'm pulling my hair out about Captain America's #8.

That is the air throw to Shield Slash L, H, S, jump, M, H, Down + H, S, Shield Slash L, S, jump, H, S (for those who need a quick reminder)

I can get it all the way until the last hit, but then Chun-Li jumps out. Its like the combo creates so much hit stun that it can't be completed.

I've watched the videos and have done my best to mimic what they are doing, but either they are not picked up by the return hit on the second shield slash, or they are not hit by the last hit of the combo.

Anyone remember the trick they used for this one?
legendaryjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #78
IHeartParamore

Yeah, I mentioned it back on page 2 I think. The trick is to move her from the starting location to the left a bit, the reason your combo is dropping is because the corner of the screen is stopping her from falling far enough to get hit by the shield on its way back, so she's jumping out before the shield gets chance to hit her again if that makes sense.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #79
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Since the hitstun decay is tight you need to make the combo as efficient as possible. Start the mission by cartwheeling behind Chun to avoid the corner OTG problem Paramore mentioned, then use the cloud dust that appears when Chun lands from a jump as a visual aid; as soon as you see the dust, simultaneously input up-forward+H for an air throw that is as low to the ground as possible. Land from the throw, OTG and X-factor as soon as the shield connects, then after the launcher perform the air chain as soon as possible to keep hitstun decay low. OTG again, dash forward, and then input the next air chain as soon as possible. Chances are the reason you're missing the j.S is that your air grab is slightly higher than it should be, but you might not be realising just how fast you can input a j.M out of a launcher or how fast you can chain the air attacks.

Last edited by Didi Mau; 01-19-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #80
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
Yay, 祝贺你! Too lazy to switch to unsimplified
Wow, thank you
Old 01-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #81
legendaryjman

Legendary J Man's Gamercard
Thank you IHeartParamore and Didi Mau, taking your advice under consideration I was able to complete the Cap trial 8 with no problem. I did it like my third try after moving Chun to the left a bit.
legendaryjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #82
Hitman23h

Hitman23h's Gamercard
Use this Guide as a reference

Hi Gamers,

Let me just say that all of the information in this forum is amazing and has helped me out tremendously. I provided a simple spreadsheet that will help intermediate level players like myself get the achievement and work on the realistic missions (must have both DLC characters). See below of my current status and use the key at the bottom as a reference!

Thanks and good luck!

Hitman23h
Attached Files
File Type: zip UMVC3 SpreadsheetF.zip (41.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Hitman23h; 01-24-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Hitman23h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #83
IHeartParamore

Personally i'd disagree with you on Ammy 10 and Dante 10. Ammy 10 just looks intimidating but it's really not. The middle part is learning 1 timing, and doing it 5 times in a row. It's essentially 5 times easier than you'd think. And all the preceding bits are nothing too complex. I still can't grasp how to do spiderman 8. it's well annoying.

Here's my progress now:

I need 9 missions and i'm hoping to get them done before SCV on friday.

The ones I have my eye on are
Hawkeye 10
Firebrand 10
(hopefully) Spiderman 8 and 10
Viewtiful Joe 10
X-23 9
She Hulk 10
Deadpool 10

Good calls? Or am I overlooking a stupidly easy mission?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #84
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
I personally would advise you to do striders 8th (tiger knee vahjra iirc didi or denno or ps3 gave a tip to make it easy) learn Novas tenth because to me those two were tons easier than hawkeye he's very fast with extremely tight links. Spiders 8/10 are ones you just have to do until you get a clean run; is his 8th the otg web zip into spider sting/bite?

Also I found akumas tenth air loop easier than task hawk or any other you mentioned. She hulk is a definite learn but you have done a couple I couldn't and vice versa so. Also there's two good tips for she hulks ten jakez and then I couldn't do it from p2 side so I listed a way to go from start.

Last edited by n33njah; 02-01-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: DYAC
Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #85
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I agree with n33njah's choices, just played through Spider-Man #8/Akuma #10/Nova #10/She-Hulk #10 and did them in less than five minutes each; I can take a break from the extremely boring Final Fantasy 13 grinding on Thursday afternoon if you want a detailed write-up of any of them, along with checking out the rest of your list (I have to go now).

Funnily enough I found X-23 #9 to be the hardest of the entire 500- the same thing happened in Vanilla, people kept giving me tips for her mission to use in my guide and even then I still couldn't clock on to what I do wrong
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #86
IHeartParamore

Well i've just done Joe, She-Hulk and Nova 10, and Spiderman 8. Spiderman 8 taking me longer than the other 3 combined...

My issue with Strider 8 is that I know that when I eventually manage to land the Tiger Kneed Vajara, i'll fuck up the Formation B shot. His mission 7 took me 20 minutes because i couldn't do that haha. 5 left...

Edit: Iron Fist and Deadpool 10 done. 3 to go!

Edit 2: Strider 8 done FINALLY. 2 left!

Edit 3: Strider 9 took me about 5 minutes. 1 left!

Last edited by IHeartParamore; 02-02-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #87
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartParamore View Post

Edit 3: Strider 9 took me about 5 minutes. 1 left!
Congratulation.
Since you can do "tiger knee" input.
Try Magneto #10.
It's simple and you don't have to delay anything,
just need 1 "tiger knee" hyper in last command.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #88
IHeartParamore

Thus far, i've missed out the last air H in the dash loop, then gone on to complete the combo without realising until I didn't see and gold letters during gravity squeeze. I've also, fucked up the tiger knee at the very end of the combo twice.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I only need the mission

Edit: Make that a hat trick of ballsed up tiger knees
Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #89
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
lol Maybe I should do you the way my buddies do when I fail a mission. "jeez dude have you tried you know.......hitting the right buttons and winning?"

You'll nail it pretty quick paramore. If you cant get the mag loop I still say Akuma's loop is pretty easy but that's because I play him.

Either way cheers buddy you'll knock it out.

Oooh I just noticed you haven't done phoenix tenth. Do that one with the X factor trick that Didi listed on the main page.

Last edited by n33njah; 02-04-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: additional.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #90
IHeartParamore

I'm not a big fan of the ones where there's a certain degree of fucking about (ie waiting for so much x factor to run out). Also the random jumps etc woulda took me a while to figure out. Magneto 10 was (YES, WAS!) more natural for me because it was a case of learning 2 sections then hoping i timed the following button presses right afterwards. Also I really really suck at jump loops.

So anyway. It's done! And it feels awesome. Should knock the NGII Master Ninja achievement off the top of my TrueAchievements list. Here's where i stand with them now:

And no, i'm not going for all 500. Fuck that! Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, I defo wouldn't have done it without you. Now as a reward i'm allowed to open my new copy of FFXIII-2 and also, my beers.