PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Duke Nukem Forever > The Doctor Who Cloned Me
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
rapid riot boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 174
Duke Nukem Forever: "The Doctor Who Cloned Me" DLC Info

According to the official Duke Nukem Forever website, the game will receive it's first piece of single player Downloadable Content on December 13, 2011 for 800 Microsoft points.

All info regarding contents of the DLC can be found on the official website page here: http://www.dukenukemforever.com/drwhoclonedme
rapid riot boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
XoNiNjAlEoNoX
 
XoNiNjAlEoNoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 2,006

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
wow never thought they'd add new achievements for this game so late
__________________

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Lord Goblinboy
 
Lord Goblinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 387

Lord Goblinboy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
wow never thought they'd add new achievements for this game so late

So late? its been out 6 months... Halo reach has been out for a year and a bit and is still getting achievements, and look at Defence Grid, thats just had a new dlc and that's years old.
Lord Goblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
bennifer3000
 
bennifer3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 290

Wagszilla's Gamercard
Bought.

Can't wait!
__________________

bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
DisturbedDan
 
DisturbedDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 584
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
NEW CAMPAIGN!!!!!!

The stuff that was cut to release the game quickly.

Happy.
__________________
Disclaimer: Explain why you're sending me a friend request or else I will just delete it.
Also, look at posts dates
DisturbedDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
_Holy_
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 24

theblueglueguy's Gamercard
Awesome! Looking forward for more Duke Goodness.
__________________
_Holy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
sleepydumbdude
 
sleepydumbdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 1,946

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'll wait until it goes on sale since its twice as much as I paid for the game. I do like when DLC ads campaign or story and not just multiplayer features though.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
bh47
 
bh47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 57

EcchiBoi's Gamercard
But there are still thousands of people that play Halo. And Defense Grid was actually GOOD.
__________________
Currently looking to boost/co-op:

Left 4 Dead 1 - Slippery Pull
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - Millionaire, Marathon Run
Splosion Man - A Little Help From Your Friends
Resident Evil 5 - Versus Mode


Just send FR with name of game in msg, if interested.


bh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
LethalEdge
 
LethalEdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 881

LethalEdge's Gamercard
Probably gonna wait a while until I get this (probably when it's on sale) since the Battlefield 3 maps, Gears 3 campaign DLC and Bastion DLC all are released in the same week, so I'll be preoccupied with them.
__________________


100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
AdHominem
 
AdHominem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 258
The DLC come in 2 Days? Why are the Achievements not out yet?
__________________
.


Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,099

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdHominem View Post
The DLC come in 2 Days? Why are the Achievements not out yet?
They've been out on Steam for months.



No descriptions, but most of them are obvious.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
GILLHUHN
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 342

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh47 View Post
But there are still thousands of people that play Halo. And Defense Grid was actually GOOD.
Duke Nukem Forever was a good game I think many people just trashed it because it took so long. Basically every one was biased on day one simply because they were expecting 15 years worth of work not about 2 years worth. Simply put it's a fine game though.
__________________
10K achieved 1/21/2007 achievement that put it over 10K Champion of Cyrodiil from Oblivion
100K achieved on 12/5/2012 achievements that put it over Late for the Prom from Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Most proud achievement Veteran Gear from Gears of War 2
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
pauly_27
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 601
The DLC will be more expensive than the actual game is now...

I like Gearbox, but I can't see this being even worth their while, and I can't imagine they have been working on this after the game released due to the almost universal negative response across the board. Therefore, it sems pretty obvious this was cut content from the initial game.

I hope this piece of DLC falls flat on it's face - give it up Gearbox and just move on. Sweep this under the rug and let's forget it ever happened, eh?

Also, lol at them releasing this the same week as Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 maps/expansions.

Last edited by pauly_27; 12-12-2011 at 02:03 PM.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
D!Qn3*
 
D!Qn3*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 62

DiQn3's Gamercard
New achievements?! You gotta be kiddin' me. I hate this game. 1k'd with pain and now DLC...
__________________






Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Live by the Creed!
D!Qn3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
pandaliamcod6
 
pandaliamcod6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 544

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D!Qn3* View Post
New achievements?! You gotta be kiddin' me. I hate this game. 1k'd with pain and now DLC...
This! I only have 4 games with all achievemnets on. And this is one of them. Please no new achievements. Please!
__________________


50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #16
Nevander
 
Nevander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,934

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh47 View Post
But there are still thousands of people that play Halo. And Defense Grid was actually GOOD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D!Qn3* View Post
New achievements?! You gotta be kiddin' me. I hate this game. 1k'd with pain and now DLC...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaliamcod6 View Post
This! I only have 4 games with all achievements on. And this is one of them. Please no new achievements. Please!
Sorry you didn't appreciate a good game. Have fun on CoD and Halo.
__________________

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #17
El Grave
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 105

El Grave's Gamercard
&^%$#@ not a f*cking 1.000.000 pinball achievement again!

I hate the person that came up with this achievement list..
__________________
El Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #18
pauly_27
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Sorry you didn't appreciate a good game. Have fun on CoD and Halo.

Cool story, Nevander.

Anyone would think you have some sort of deal where you get a slice of the profits everytime you white knight this mediocre game.

And yeah, I will have fun with Halo and CoD, Cause y'know, they are actually fun games, much more fun than this frustrating pile of uninspired mediocrity anyway.

I await your amusing rebuttal where you no doubt contradict yourself by saying that Duke Nukem is fun (and everyone who doesn't enjoy it is just wrong) whilst better FPS games (both critically and commercially) are not fun, and you are somehow inferior if you prefer those games to Duke Nukem.

/facepalm
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
NnuttHowze T9X
 
NnuttHowze T9X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 54
Send a message via MSN to NnuttHowze T9X

NnuttHowze T9X's Gamercard
i just got rid of this game last week.. fml
__________________
NnuttHowze T9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #20
Illicit
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Villa Park, IL
Posts: 416

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
And yeah, I will have fun with Halo and CoD, Cause y'know, they are actually fun games, much more fun than this frustrating pile of uninspired mediocrity anyway.

I await your amusing rebuttal where you no doubt contradict yourself by saying that Duke Nukem is fun (and everyone who doesn't enjoy it is just wrong) whilst better FPS games (both critically and commercially) are not fun, and you are somehow inferior if you prefer those games to Duke Nukem.
Eh it's all opinion really. I personally had more fun with Duke Nukem than I did with the majority of COD games (campaign at least...couldn't care less about MP I think 99% of MP is nothing short of terrible). I liked Black Ops story and think they're all solid games...except COD 3 which I thought was crap. Never got into Halo, I hated the first 2 and haven't gotten around to 3 on yet but I will eventually, maybe I'll change my mind.

DNF reminded me of when I was a kid playing Duke Nukem 3d. I thought it was a decent (maybe a bit linear and easy) update of Duke. I understand why people don't dig it but I found it a lot of fun and welcome some story DLC. If you don't like it don't play it.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #21
Nevander
 
Nevander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,934

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
Cool story, Nevander.

Anyone would think you have some sort of deal where you get a slice of the profits everytime you white knight this mediocre game.

And yeah, I will have fun with Halo and CoD, Cause y'know, they are actually fun games, much more fun than this frustrating pile of uninspired mediocrity anyway.

I await your amusing rebuttal where you no doubt contradict yourself by saying that Duke Nukem is fun (and everyone who doesn't enjoy it is just wrong) whilst better FPS games (both critically and commercially) are not fun, and you are somehow inferior if you prefer those games to Duke Nukem.

/facepalm
I don't need profits to love this game.

You know why I love it? Because of what it is. It's Duke Nukem. DUKE NUKEM. Are you seeing the name? Because it seems like you are missing it.

Try and think about the purpose of this game. Instead of thinking of it as just another game that came out that everyone thinks is going to be the best thing to ever go in your disc drive, think of it is "that game that finally game out that everyone was waiting for."

I've got news for you, it's not a current-gen game. Surprised? It was built on an older engine, ergo the game plays older, ergo it won't be suited for most audiences, even fans of Duke.

The true fans, like me, still appreciate it for WHAT IT IS. We know the old Duke, and we know how he set in stone many games in our present time. This is newer, but not new to people like you who worship CoD and Halo. Sure CoD and Halo have their roots too, but they aren't as deep as Duke.

What do you consider fun? Considering CoD is recycled crap. They bring a new one out every so often and it's always the same crap just a little different.

Duke is completely different. It's what makes a game more interesting than your run and gun shooter.

I never once said that the people who disliked it are wrong. I said that I was sorry that they don't appreciate the game for what it is, and what bothers me the most is people who continuously hate on the game FOR NO REASON. If you don't like the game, go somewhere else.

If you dislike the game that much, don't even bother posting because nobody wants to see someone ragging on a game just because of it's history and what people THOUGH IT WAS going to be.

In the long run, games like CoD (at least) will ALWAYS be inferior to Duke Nukem in terms of video games as a whole. Duke is older, which means it came first. This alone immediately makes it superior to CoD. This, along with the genre.

They are both shooters, but one is about fun and mindless action while the other is a poorly made war simulator (don't even go off saying CoD isn't a war simulator, because all war shooters are war simulators because they are simulating war).

So now that my point has been made, it would be best if everyone who still wants to rag on this game at least know what they are talking about before they rag on it.

Around 80% of people who rag on DNF are ragging on it because they thought since it took so long to make that it was going to be mind-blowing. WRONG. It's nice when it works that way, but it didn't.

DNF was meant to be "that game that finally came out" for all us Duke fans. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sure you may have played the older Dukes, but like I said, the true fans know where DNF was coming from, and what it meant to be.

Good day sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illicit View Post
Eh it's all opinion really. I personally had more fun with Duke Nukem than I did with the majority of COD games (campaign at least...couldn't care less about MP I think 99% of MP is nothing short of terrible). I liked Black Ops story and think they're all solid games...except COD 3 which I thought was crap. Never got into Halo, I hated the first 2 and haven't gotten around to 3 on yet but I will eventually, maybe I'll change my mind.

DNF reminded me of when I was a kid playing Duke Nukem 3d. I thought it was a decent (maybe a bit linear and easy) update of Duke. I understand why people don't dig it but I found it a lot of fun and welcome some story DLC. If you don't like it don't play it.
I can tell who a real Duke fan is when I see them, this guy is.

Look at what he said:

He had more fun playing Duke than the majority of CoD games, SO DID I.
He couldn't care less about MP, NEITHER DO I.
He knows what DN3D is all about, SO DO I.

We both understand why people dislike it, but the main point we are making is if you don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and more importantly, don't come on these forums and rag on it for no good reason other than to say that you hate it.
__________________

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 12-13-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #22
Kazenji
 
Kazenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 252
Send a message via MSN to Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
Should be good if its something Gearbox put together... their other DLC for Borderlands was also good.
__________________
Kazenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,099

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
In the long run, games like CoD (at least) will ALWAYS be inferior to Duke Nukem in terms of video games as a whole. Duke is older, which means it came first. This alone immediately makes it superior to CoD. This, along with the genre.
Everything else you said makes sense except this. Duke is automatically a better franchise than Call of Duty because Duke got released first? What? Does not compute.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
pauly_27
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I can tell who a real Duke fan is when I see them, this guy is.

Look at what he said:

He had more fun playing Duke than the majority of CoD games, SO DID I.
He couldn't care less about MP, NEITHER DO I.
He knows what DN3D is all about, SO DO I.

We both understand why people dislike it, but the main point we are making is if you don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and more importantly, don't come on these forums and rag on it for no good reason other than to say that you hate it.
Please. I was also a massive fan of Duke Nukem 3D, so being a fun of Duke Nukem makes no difference - if a game is average, a game is average, no matter how much you happen to like the character.

I can come on this forum "and rag on the game" as much as I like, being as I own the game, and have every right to post about my opinion on here as much as you do, just as you post on the CoD and Halo forums, even though you consider CoD to be "recycled crap", and your point about Duke immediately being better because it's older is laughable.

My advice would be to stop using "go play Halo or CoD" as some kind of insult - it just makes you sound like a douche, even though I know that you aren't (you have often posted helpful things in the forums)

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just offering a different opinion to you. You like the game, and would advise anyone to buy it (seemingly, at any price). I'm debating back that the game is probably a rental, or worthy of paying 5-10 Pounds or Dollars at best. Not terrible, but frustrating and a big let down for the xbox generation who have been spoiled by much better games in the genre. I have also never stated that I "hate" this game either, and (back on topic) I don't see why they are releasing this DLC, especially for 800 points, and in the same week as Battlefield 3 maps and a Gears 3 expansion.

Now I have no desire to get into a pointless war of words, so let's agee to disagree and leave it at that.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
EliteShadowMan
 
EliteShadowMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,252

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
Please. I was also a massive fan of Duke Nukem 3D, so being a fun of Duke Nukem makes no difference - if a game is average, a game is average, no matter how much you happen to like the character.

I can come on this forum "and rag on the game" as much as I like, being as I own the game, and have every right to post about my opinion on here as much as you do, just as you post on the CoD and Halo forums, even though you consider CoD to be "recycled crap", and your point about Duke immediately being better because it's older is laughable.

My advice would be to stop using "go play Halo or CoD" as some kind of insult - it just makes you sound like a douche, even though I know that you aren't (you have often posted helpful things in the forums)

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just offering a different opinion to you. You like the game, and would advise anyone to buy it (seemingly, at any price). I'm debating back that the game is probably a rental, or worthy of paying 5-10 Pounds or Dollars at best. Not terrible, but frustrating and a big let down for the xbox generation who have been spoiled by much better games in the genre. I have also never stated that I "hate" this game either, and (back on topic) I don't see why they are releasing this DLC, especially for 800 points, and in the same week as Battlefield 3 maps and a Gears 3 expansion.

Now I have no desire to get into a pointless war of words, so let's agee to disagree and leave it at that.
This.

Nevander you're in denial obviously. I was a Duke fan too since i've played the older installments. Even still this game is terrible and is only worth a rent or a small amount of money at most. Sure CoD is annoying cause they release a game every year, but it's still a better running game and more fun to play. I know DNF was built off of old tech, but if that's the case they should have delayed it even more or scrapped the game and made a new one that's actually good.
__________________
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #26
Nevander
 
Nevander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,934

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Nevander you're in denial obviously.
Sorry but I am never in denial, especially of something I know I believe in as being true.

I'm proud to say that I own the Balls of Steel Edition and I have a display case for it, all the things included laid out nicely just like in the preview picture.

I am obviously the biggest Duke fan out there then, and the only true one apparently.

Duke to the end.
__________________

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #27
Lunchbox L1
 
Lunchbox L1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Kingstown,Rhode Island
Posts: 7

Lunchbox L1's Gamercard
I am glad they are adding more to this game....This game brings back the good old days.
Lunchbox L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
upindat
 
upindat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,416

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is this even worth buying?? getting the full 1000 was a huge pain in the ass. Already sold this game. VERY DISAPOINTED!!! this dlc should be FREE!!!!
__________________
f
Sig by Alabastermatt
upindat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #29
Nevander
 
Nevander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,934

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
this dlc should be FREE!!!!
I agree that, at least for First Access Members, this DLC should be free. I hate that DLCs with achievements always cost. I'm basically paying for more gamerscore.
__________________

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #30
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,099

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I am obviously the biggest Duke fan out there
That's a giant steaming load of bullshit and you know it.

Duke Nukem is Duke Nukem's biggest fan. You're just second place.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 AM.