PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > Shooter > Homefront: The Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Sequel? Wow.

I thought the first game did terribly. I loved the story but it's a little surprising they're making a sequel. What are your guys thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
romanzad

romanzad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I thought the first game did terribly. I loved the story but it's a little surprising they're making a sequel. What are your guys thoughts?
same feelings, great potential in the game and although ridiculously short the story was good. will be interesting to see what they do with the game and the story it self!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #3
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
maybe there making a second one to try and improve the first one?
that's the only reason I can think of.
Well if they do make another one I sure hope they improve
and maybe they will
and make the campaign longer
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #4
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The first game sold well and had a great story i dont get all the hate sure the graphics were not good but graphics arent anything. That said this wont be a problem for the sequel because its being made by Crytek using cryengine 3
Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I don't know if hate is the right word. Yes it's being bashed for legitimate reasons. But it wasn't a shitty game. It had a good story and lots of potential. The story just needed to be a lot longer. The multiplayer wasn't great just cause no one really played it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Penguino Rojo

penguino rojo's Gamercard
Im a little annoyed that there is a sequel, although i don't have to buy it if I don't want to, lol.

I liked the story, despite how short it was. The concept was sound. The achievements and graphics sucked.

Crytek did pretty good with Crysis 2, so i will hold hope that this will turn out better.

I really hope they don't include any needlessly shocking stuff in the sequel like they did in the first 5 minutes of the first game. I nearly returned the game when I saw that.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
Other than the fact that the campaign was WAY too short, possibly the shortest i've ever played. The game itself was good. Campaign had a decent story, multiplayer was fun.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
its RIALTO

its RIALTO's Gamercard
I think the problem was it was massively hyped up and promoted. It just didnt meet the expectations.

The story line was amazing, i loved the history and paper clippings in cut scenes and loading screens. It actually made me want to read the book based on the game and i really enjoyed that.

Sequel??!! why not, id give it a go!! and then let you know.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #9
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
After the launch of the game the developer definitely seemed to notice the complaints people had about certain things in the last game. Whether or not they listen for the second one isn't guaranteed though.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #10
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had the first one and thought the idea was great but I didn't care for the game at all. No sequel for me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Seriously? A sequel.. why waste the money. The multiplayer was awful, single player wasn't very good either. The story itself was alright but besides that it wasn't very good.

Someone mentioned graphics, which is true they don't matter. Look at that the game minecraft, pixels am I correct? At least that's how they look and yet the game is amazing. Graphics can look however they want it wont determine if I play a game or not. All games have different graphics and if graphics were the main focus half these games wouldn't be played.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #12
bearmod

bearmod's Gamercard
The first game was trash. Which was disappointing because it had so much potential, really the only thing that was good about that game was the story and I'm pretty sure that's just cause the guy that wrote the script for the game also wrote the script for the original Red Dawn or something like that. Hopefully if this actually gets made they take their time with it and try to make a halfway decent game.

Last edited by bearmod; 11-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.
bearmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #13
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
The singleplayer was decent, if it was twice as long then it would have made up for the terrible multiplayer. Crytek and making this so at least it will look nice. Plus like someone said Crysis 2 turned out to be one of the best games of that year.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #14
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
The singleplayer was decent, if it was twice as long then it would have made up for the terrible multiplayer. Crytek and making this so at least it will look nice. Plus like someone said Crysis 2 turned out to be one of the best games of that year.
Singleplayer was shit. The story was lackluster and very short. Multiplayer was shit too, and not just because of the low population it had, but the glitches, seriously bad lag and really poor balance just ruined it. They got it right when they did Frontlines, so it just baffles me how they could have screwed Homefront up so bad, and on top of that they gave pathetic excuses by saying it's a new genre and it's a learning experience. Really? Did they forget that they developed Frontlines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #15
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
The rights to Homefront 2 were purchased for next to nothing I guess. $300, 000. Chump change! I think everybody t was the guys who did the darksiders series.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #16
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
The real crisis that year was Homefront. I know, lame but hey, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Singleplayer was shit. The story was lackluster and very short. Multiplayer was shit too, and not just because of the low population it had, but the glitches, seriously bad lag and really poor balance just ruined it. They got it right when they did Frontlines, so it just baffles me how they could have screwed Homefront up so bad, and on top of that they gave pathetic excuses by saying it's a new genre and it's a learning experience. Really? Did they forget that they developed Frontlines?
Don't forget poor ass hit detection, but I guess that can go with lag right? I remember countless times trying to shoot someone with sniper rifle while they weren't moving over and over. The fact you had to basically use a full clip or more into one enemy was beyond me. Unless you could manage to get a headshot without the terrible backfire in every gun even with tapping the trigger.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 07-07-2013 at 06:11 AM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #17
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

I'll probably pick up the first cause it's cheap. I played the online at a friends and it wasnt bad. Just needs some touches and they can make a better game. We'll see.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~

Last edited by EMP; 07-12-2013 at 05:44 AM.
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #18
LewievilleSlugR

LewievilleSlugR's Gamercard
the first homefront definitely was lacking but still a fun multiplayer game. I got the full 1000g's for it....which included the achievement Expert of War...which was very time consuming. I think had they spent a little more time on it, it could have been a pretty good game..let's hope that homefront 2....if it is ever coming out....lacks a lot of the issues that the first had. and not that BF3 is bad...but I think I would still rather play homefront instead of battlefield.
LewievilleSlugR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #19
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'm for it. I enjoyed the first one a lot despite its flaws. Now that Crytek have the rights to it I think the graphics issue will be addressed(fan of cry engine 3).
Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
Coruba

Send a message via Yahoo to Coruba

Necrolexicon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I really enjoyed the SP and I thought it was a good length ( I hate it when developers stretch out a story until it loses focus ), the MP was great, as were the map packs, very creative team. I was disappointed to find out Crytek would be doing the sequel as most of the Crysis games are pretty lame imo.
Coruba is offline   Reply With Quote