PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Can you buy this game used....

Is it possible to buy this game used & still get the Map Pack code? Game Stop is having a B2G1F sale this weekend & I want to know if I can get this game with that deal.

Also, please no rants on how this is cheating the company. I WAS going to get this game new, but this is a good deal especially for Christmas presents.

Sig by Spazaz Man
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
CouchOrnament

COUCH ORNAMENT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Grif55 View Post
Is it possible to buy this game used & still get the Map Pack code? Game Stop is having a B2G1F sale this weekend & I want to know if I can get this game with that deal.

Also, please no rants on how this is cheating the company. I WAS going to get this game new, but this is a good deal especially for Christmas presents.
Possible? Yes. If someone never entered the code and left in the case.
Probable? More than likely no.

Happy 2012 everyone!
CouchOrnament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Seeing as how it's a one use code, it's extremely unlikely that someone bought the game and didn't redeem it.

Might as well buy it new if it's more than $24.99, since the map pack (if you want it) is $15... and i doubt it would go that low.

Last edited by Vectorman953; 12-10-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sorry I wasn't elaborate, I was specifically talking about Game Stop. Sometimes they put the codes in their used games too & I was asking if that was the case for this game.

Sig by Spazaz Man
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
CouchOrnament

COUCH ORNAMENT's Gamercard
They do not put map codes in. At least the ones around here do not. Sometimes you can get lucky and find ones with codes in them that haven't been used. But you are more than likely not going to get it. Honestly though for $40 New...... The cheapest you would find a used one is probably $36, and then you would have to hope that it has its code, and that it is valid. You're better off spending the extra $4 and knowing you get the code, plus the decent Avatar outfit.

Happy 2012 everyone!
CouchOrnament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
grimkillah

grimkillah's Gamercard
If you are buying the game, why do you still need the map code? Just play off the disc, isn't the anniversary map pack on the disc itself too?
grimkillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
at our shop, if the code panphlet is int he case... we leave it there. If you (the buyer) are too cheap to buy the game new and want to risk the code being OK, then it's on you. Figure the time and gas spent to get to the store and buy used, is more than shelling ou the cash for a new copy...

Buy new, use code, get CE cheives and resell the disc....will cost you about 25.00 after it's all said and sone with. 10 more than just getting the maps, but you can try to ge the cheives....
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #8
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Ask Gamestop or go to their website

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #9
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only catch 22 about checking the codes is you don't know if it's bad until you've already bought it.
I can sell 1000 used CE disks with the card inside and none be good ( all used). AND as a store we can not check them simply it's now ours to check and if we do check them, we actually use them and they're done... So any "checks" on a console other than yours would validate the code on the other consoloe and render it useless.
Just buy new ( it will go down in price prolly new year) and get the cheives and the MP maps, then sell the game used...Will be cheaper than getting the maps thru xbox and then renting the game for cheeves ( unless you do not care about cheeves, then go to XBL and download the maps).
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #10
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
I don't get this question at all?? How the bloody hell is anyone on here supposed to know if GameStop will leave map pack codes in a game you want. Seems a totally pointless thread as all you had to do was phone GameStop.

As has been pointed out on here already it is extremely rare to ever find an unused map pack code in a pre owned game. One of the reasons being that pretty much every place you can trade games in will not give you any extra money for an unused code simply because they don't trust that the customer hasn't already used it as they have no way of proving it.

It's like a lottery wether you get an unused code or not. As for this game you can play the anniversary maps straight off the disc. The code is only for the maps if you want to use them with halo:reach MP. Not sure why they bothered with this actually, seems a bit pointless if you can play them
Off the disc.
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote