PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #31
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Has there been ANYONE out there who picked up the lute/flute/drum and not had the quest be broken?!?

Sadly I hadn't yet read this post and randomly saw the Lute, figured, "WTF? I don't feel like coming back in here if I don't have to"... for the record there was another quest that took me in there, so I wasn't just exploring random dungeons.

Anyways... so I now have the LUTE and haven't yet got to that quest... anybody not have it glitch?

Also... that's not achievement related quest is it?

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #32
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
Thanks for all your replies. Im currently adding everyone's input to the OP. I'm waiting on permission from Webb to use part of his achievement guide for the Daedric Artifacts.

I also made the mistake of picking up the amulet of Talos. *-.-

edit: Everything's up to date. Any chance of a sticky?
Also, has someone been editing my post?

Last edited by Thicketford; 12-14-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
Has there been ANYONE out there who picked up the lute/flute/drum and not had the quest be broken?!?

Sadly I hadn't yet read this post and randomly saw the Lute, figured, "WTF? I don't feel like coming back in here if I don't have to"... for the record there was another quest that took me in there, so I wasn't just exploring random dungeons.

Anyways... so I now have the LUTE and haven't yet got to that quest... anybody not have it glitch?

Also... that's not achievement related quest is it?
not achievement related, no.

I swear I saw "so and so's drum" once while hovering on items. Glad I never picked it up.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #34
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thicketford View Post
I also made the mistake of picking up the amulet of Talos. *-.-
It's a kick-ass amulet seemingly for free that I encountered at something like level 5-7 when I had no enchanted gear let alone jewelery that actually had effects. At least I had the decency to leave his clothes on.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #35
JFAUDEL

faudeeezy's Gamercard
On "a Daedra's best friend" i have the misc. objective to go talk to lod about his dog. when i went to falkreath a dragon came and ended up killing lod in the battle. and i can't find the dog on the road anywhere. did i mess up there?
Completed Arcade: 19
JFAUDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #36
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
yeah, probably so. Lod was suppose to give you some food to attract the dog. Without it, I think you are outta luck. I dunno.... maybe root around in Lod's house and find the food?

Clearly, if this game has taught us anything, save often!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:31 AM   #37
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXM9000 View Post
Clearly, if this game has taught us anything, save often!
I don't know if this logic would apply in this case. A dragon could've attacked the area and killed Lod without the player knowing. Whether or not he saved, and decided to play the game for another week or so until learning of Lod's quest, it would be really counter-productive to revert to a save to lose a week's progress and start over. And even then, how would you know what save to revert to in the first place if that were the case? It's not as though you could re-name the save or change their descriptions, at least not in my experience.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #38
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
I now create a save every 1 to 2 hours of play in a location that sorta indicates what I was doing/working on at that time. It's proved very helpful. I've gone back to them several times... I feel like I've played through the theives guild quest like three times now. LoL In this case, since that quest with Lod and the dog is required for one of the cheevos, then yes, it could be worth losing some progress to go back to a point where Lod is still alive.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #39
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXM9000 View Post
I now create a save every 1 to 2 hours of play in a location that sorta indicates what I was doing/working on at that time. It's proved very helpful. I've gone back to them several times... I feel like I've played through the theives guild quest like three times now. LoL In this case, since that quest with Lod and the dog is required for one of the cheevos, then yes, it could be worth losing some progress to go back to a point where Lod is still alive.
Some progress, yes, but a week or more? I don't know. You could blow through all the guild quests in a week and knock out most of the Daedric Quests only to find out you can't complete Lod's because he died during a random dragon attack weeks ago. I would be more inclined to just start a new character solely for running through Daedric Quests to get the achievement, then switch back to a previous save with my existing character and overall progress.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #40
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

When a quest is broken because you already have the item, and then you get the quest, have you tried waiting until the dungeon/keep/fort have been restocked with stuff? I had this happen where I found a certain item and when I got the quest, I had two entries in the log, one to find the item and one to return the item. I went back to the place where I picked it up before and there it was, AGAIN. Just something to try I suppose...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #41
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
I would be more inclined to just start a new character solely for running through Daedric Quests to get the achievement, then switch back to a previous save with my existing character and overall progress.
I'm going to be doing this for the Thieves Guild.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #42
stooz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I had this happen where I found a certain item and when I got the quest, I had two entries in the log, one to find the item and one to return the item. I went back to the place where I picked it up before and there it was, AGAIN.

this sort of happened to me also. so if you pick up an item before activating the quest and it then glitches the quest. try coming back to the quest at a later date and see if the item respawns or the quest resets itself. i got an item before the quest then it glitched, i left the quest and item stuck in my inventory and came back to it later (much later about 20 hrs gameplay, not in-game hrs) and talked to the quest giver and it started again. so i ended up with 2 of the same item, i returned 1 item and droped the other. quest complete and no item stuck in inventory.
stooz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #43
thestreetzking

well. i apparently missed the dragon priest mask. which means I am so god damn pissed off its not even funny. there should be absolutely no missable items in a game this big. Im 100 hours in and your telling me now I should start over?!?!?!?!?!
thestreetzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #44
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Go back and get it?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #45
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
Go back and get it?
the missable one (Nakriin) is in an area you can't return to. Gotta loot everyone, always.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

And where is this place? I would like to avoid the same mistake
Old 12-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
stooz101

Quote:

skuldafn temple ('the world-eater's eyrie' story related quest)
stooz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Appreciate it, thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #49
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
what they said - but also, if you fight a Dragon Priest, and you'll know it when you do, just always loot them. Rule of thumb
Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #50
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
what they said - but also, if you fight a Dragon Priest, and you'll know it when you do, just always loot them. Rule of thumb
I have yet to meet a generic Dragon Priest, do they exist? I have taken down 3 named ones so far. Level 59 so I should be seeing the highest level baddies.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #51
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I have yet to meet a generic Dragon Priest, do they exist? I have taken down 3 named ones so far. Level 59 so I should be seeing the highest level baddies.
I believe you encounter several generic Dragon Priests during the main quest, but I don't remember being able to loot anything unique or substantial off of their corpse.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #52
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
I believe you encounter several generic Dragon Priests during the main quest, but I don't remember being able to loot anything unique or substantial off of their corpse.
Quote:
Dragon Priests are high level bosses found near Word Walls. In life they were skilled Nordic mages who worshipped the Dragons, and even in death, they continue their service, guarding the Word Walls that would facilitate the learning of Dragon shouts. The Dragon Priests dominated Skyrim politically until they were overthrown in the Dragon Wars. They mostly depend on magic in battle, and can summon various Atronachs. Their undead form disintegrates after death. They also drop "Dragon Priest Masks". Each mask has different enchantments. The structure in The Labyrinthian suggests that there are 8 priests (or at least masks) in total but once someone has collected all the eight masks and placed them in the "past" a ninth Konahrik mask will appear. The Wooden Mask is the key to "collecting" and placing all the masks. Nameless Dragon Priests exist in game that do not have a mask.

Note: Placing an improved mask on the altar and taking it back off will remove the improvements made to it by smithing.
still, I loot all high enemies no matter what.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #53
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm not sure if this should be added to your list (or that many people would be effected by it) But apparently after completing the mission "the man who cried wolf" you have to level up before the courier will spawn and start the mission "The Wolf Queen Awakening". If that is the case, reaching level 81 before hand would make it impossible to get the wolf queen awakening mission...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Wolf_Queen_Awakened

I don't know if there are any other simular quests either...

Also, I picked up a copy of the book "Invocation of Azura" and cannot drop it as it is a quest item (have read it's a fetch quest item for a wizard in the college, and that if you pick it up before hand like I have, the quest is broken.)

Last edited by SpinelesS; 12-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #54
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
I bumped into my old friend M'aiq the liar yesterday.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #55
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thicketford View Post
I bumped into my old friend M'aiq the liar yesterday.
I found him too... and it was lame... he told me nothing new and after 3 sentences told me to bugger off because he was done talking to me... bastard...

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #56
O918

O918's Gamercard
AVOID-- Rjorns drum. its a bards college quest item but upon completing the quest it is not removed from your inventory. it weighs 4 pounds and cannot be dropped (quest item).

the same goes for pantea's flute
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #57
Kenelly

kenelly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by O918 View Post
AVOID-- Rjorns drum. its a bards college quest item but upon completing the quest it is not removed from your inventory. it weighs 4 pounds and cannot be dropped (quest item).

the same goes for pantea's flute
Rjorn's Drum, Pantea's Flute and Finn's Lute are all still in my inventory even though I have completed all 3 quests.

On the Skyrim Wikia it says these 3 items DO NOT count towards your carrying capacity. I haven't tested this.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/B...lege_(Faction)

Last edited by Kenelly; 12-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Kenelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #58
O918

O918's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenelly View Post
Rjorn's Drum, Pantea's Flute and Finn's Lute are all still in my inventory even though I have completed all 3 quests.

On the Skyrim Wikia it says these 3 items DO NOT count towards your carrying capacity. I haven't tested this.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/B...llege_(Faction)
well isnt that interesting! i looked at that rjorns drum wikia page a few weeks ago, but i didnt see the bit about it not affecting your carry weight. it doesnt really effect me, bc my carry weight is 685 haha!

btw, your hyperlink is broken, the end parentheses was after the /url brackets

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/B...lege_(Faction)
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #59
Kenelly

kenelly's Gamercard
That's a lot of point in stamina... :P

Ahh okay, didn't even check. Considering I'm extremely tired, I just thought it would work. My bad, I'll take that into account for future reference. Thanks!
Kenelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #60
Ser Snow

Soap McGhostish's Gamercard
In the Daedric Quests you have the Ring of Hircine as missable and say you must side with the hunters... but then the Saviour Hide will be missed.

One or the other (I know you can get both but it is obviously not meant to do that)