PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Homecoming
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
x ChRiiS

Question What do yall think of this game?

Im a fan on survival horror and I wanted to know what yall thought of Silent Hill Homecoming. I can't find it anywhere to rent so I would have to buy it. Is it worth it?
x ChRiiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #2
Wabbytax

Wabbytax's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x ChRiiS View Post
Im a fan on survival horror and I wanted to know what yall thought of Silent Hill Homecoming. I can't find it anywhere to rent so I would have to buy it. Is it worth it?
I loved this game and especially if your a survival horror fan, you will too. Worth the buy, play it just for fun sometimes. Story is great, graphics good. Only bad thing is freezing at some cut scenes if you try to skip.

9/10 in my opinion.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
its really good game I enjoyed my playthrough, and I still have to beat it one more time and pick up the last 300 points. I followed guide to make it easier though, it would have taken me at least double the amount of play time if I tried to figure everything out myself
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
MasterHouseMD

MasterHouseMD's Gamercard
i just got the opportunity to rent this game this evening, and started playing it. within the first 20-30 minutes of playing, i admit i had to shut it off else i was going to be spending my night playing it instead of sleeping. working early in the morning is LAME. but, suffice to say, i love it. very twisted and morbid to start, and in all honesty, the first location reminded me of an abandoned hospital that some friends and i explored one evening. i look forward to playing it more.
MasterHouseMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
x ChRiiS

thanks for all the replies everybody im gonna buy this game wenesday when i get paid!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
thanks for all the replies everybody im gonna buy this game wenesday when i get paid!!!!!
hell yeh , i think i shall follow your lead , ive been thinking about getting this for a while , and just reading through this i s was feeling like "fuck it, its happening" :P
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Wabbytax

Wabbytax's Gamercard
Quote:
Use a guide wherever you can. Trust me, it will help A LOT.

I have 1000/1000 for this game, took me 5 days where I played a little each day.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
x ChRiiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbytax View Post
Use a guide wherever you can. Trust me, it will help A LOT.

I have 1000/1000 for this game, took me 5 days where I played a little each day.
yah I usually dont care for achievments but ima try 2 get a 1000 on this game. I usually go through the game once and then on the 2nd playthrough I use a walkthrough to find everything.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
x ChRiiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh BeZ View Post
hell yeh , i think i shall follow your lead , ive been thinking about getting this for a while , and just reading through this i s was feeling like "fuck it, its happening" :P
hell yah I just hope the silent hill series doesnt become like the resident evill series.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
MesoZombie

MesoZombie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i enjoyed it but hate when they do hey all the sudden i am behind you scares, those are just cheap and really take away from the mood in the game
The best are when they give you hints of what is coming around the next corner but you never know if its really going to be there or not
MesoZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #11
Vandit96

Vandit96's Gamercard
I love this game, i'm a Silent Hill fanboy though.
I love the shadows and the graphics...how everything looks and sounds.
I really enjoyed this game
Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
I really enjoyed this game, but traded it in to help get another game. I'll have to pick it up again to get 1000 for it. Get the UFO ending first, the laser pistol it's a blast! (pun intended !)
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Loved the game...even the second playthrough on hard with the laser pistol - but it definitely becomes monotonous for those last three endings. When the ending part actually plays it is cool, but I almost put it down after getting the third ending.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I'm split when it comes to this game. Some times I think it's great and really fun to play, and sometimes I just want to throw it out the window. Sadly the throwing part is taking over right now. I mean, I'm playing it through on medium to get all the endings and the laser gun to make hard a piece of cake, but WTF?! Medium is to hard for me. A friend said that it was really easy and that he never died on medium, so I've been counting my deaths, so far I've died 20 times and I'm still in the Sewers! I just can't beat the part where Elle is abducted or something, and then you have to face three needlers and after that a siam. IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!
But whatever, some day when I'm tired of dying over and over because of the needlers I will just bring up the shotgun and blast them away so that I and the siam can dance jitterbugg alone in the dark. Give me a drink!
HighsounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #15
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I give this game a 70/100 it is a good, kinda creepy game, nice survival horror. I would have given it an 80 but it took a huge hit in controls for me. I play inverted in EVERYTHING, and not being able to switch has almost ruined the experience for me. I almost stopped playing before I got my first achievement because I couldn't stand it. I decided to suck it up and get used to it, I'm glad I did, but it still bugs me once in a while when the action gets faster. I hate having to think about the controls while I am playing. I almost considered buying a controller with a stick inversion switch, and I only rented this, and won't play it after I 1000 it.

Other than that almost dealbreaker for me, I like it a lot. I'm glad I decided to tough it out.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
tonyturbo

TonyTurbo78's Gamercard
I thought it was excelent. Just about to start my second playthroughon hard
tonyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #17
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am a big fan of the series so naturally enjoyed it. I liked the story which was typically Silent Hillish and the enemies are as usual hideously brilliant. My favourite would have to be Siam. I loved how the 4 bosses were manifestations of the horrors inflicted upon the murdered children. Obviously Sepulcher and being buried alive, Scarlet and being cut, Asphyxia and asphyxia, Amnion and drowning/embryonic rebirth. Once again typically Silent Hillish.

I was a little disappointed that Pyramid Head made a cameo appearence. It took away from his true fame in Silent Hill, a manifestation of Jame's guilt and wanting to be punished. I really didn't like the Pyramid Head / Boogeyman ending.

The fact that ammo was scarce was good and I didn't mind the new combat system but it did make some of the monster less threatening especially the nurses and lurkers. I would have liked them compensate by making more areas where there were too many monsters to fight them all and adding a little to the fear factor.

All in all I enjoyed it and would give it a score of about 80%. Not as good as some of the older ones but good enough to make me get all 5 endings legitimately
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post
I'm split when it comes to this game. Some times I think it's great and really fun to play, and sometimes I just want to throw it out the window. Sadly the throwing part is taking over right now. I mean, I'm playing it through on medium to get all the endings and the laser gun to make hard a piece of cake, but WTF?! Medium is to hard for me. A friend said that it was really easy and that he never died on medium, so I've been counting my deaths, so far I've died 20 times and I'm still in the Sewers! I just can't beat the part where Elle is abducted or something, and then you have to face three needlers and after that a siam. IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!
But whatever, some day when I'm tired of dying over and over because of the needlers I will just bring up the shotgun and blast them away so that I and the siam can dance jitterbugg alone in the dark. Give me a drink!
I think you should know that the combat knife is hands down the best weapon in the game until you trade for the dagger. Just block and punish them when they make an opening i understand its frustrating but you gotta get the hang of it. also dont use the serums when you find them keep em. then when your low on health use it gives you full life back.
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
I love this game, not only do i have a 1000 for it but i got a 1000 on my GF's account on her bros account and on my friends account.
so thats like 20 playthroughs. and i loved each one.
Got say its due to the fact that i think the story is amazing, i enjoy every little hint and clue thats in the game to suggest what really happened.
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Decent enough. My main objection were too much running back and forth and sluggish controls, but I guess that comes with the genre.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #21
5p1n47

xXx5p1n47xXx's Gamercard
@ wabbytax-------------You need to update your sig. Your fallout falls short of perfect/complete. 1550 is total possible with ALL DLC, CoD WaW-1500 with ALL DLC
Boosting
Black Ops 1/2 Zombies, Smackdown VS Raw(08,13,14), GTA 4/5(Co-Op & MP) Red Dead Redemption(MP)

5p1n47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #22
ManaReaper

AbroadDragoon's Gamercard
Really good considering it's made by the developers of Earthworm Jim (partially). (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

9.3/10
ManaReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
jozeffc

my friend really liked it. So i am getting it
jozeffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #24
merzitar

Heathen Baboon's Gamercard
I love survival horrors, and Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4 were no exception. However, just once look at this pile of crap makes me go into nerd rage! I hate it to much- I find to bland, boring, non-scary, and a trashy story. I also noticed there were many glitches in the battle system. I'd rate this game a 3/10, and that's being generous. Sorry if it seems like I'm "bitching" but it just annoys me how they have ruined a great series.
merzitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #25
Ganjasage

Send a message via MSN to Ganjasage Send a message via Skype™ to Ganjasage

ot brothel's Gamercard
Brill game but i kinda miss the part where the character itself sucked balls and couldn't turn as it made the game more challenging and also the puzzles weren't that hard tbh
Ganjasage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #26
AoD Leatherface

Brutal game...I think its really boring,graphics are poor,and the music is annoying,all the environments are kinda the same,and the story is pretty lame,but the worst thing is that there is no invert controls....WHAT.......yes after 2 years they still have not fixed/patched this simple mistake!DOH!
This is the reason i got rid of this game 2 years ago,i picked it up for a few bucks kinda thought the controls would be fixed but i guess not.

Im grinding through it just to get 1000 then its getting traded in for a bag of potatoes or whtever!
AoD Leatherface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #27
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
Because of how Americanized the horror elements are in this game compared to other Silent Hill games, I'd say it's a bad Silent Hill game, but not a bad overall game. I still had fun playing it, but instead of being like "oh SHIT I think there's a so-and-so here...", it was like "oh look, a so-and-so, meh".
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #28
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
This was only my second foray into Silent Hill so my frame of reference was a bit limited.
Which didn't really matter as the game stands on it's own merits imho. The atmosphere is just as screwed up and grisly as you'd expect and the game reiterates my favorite part of horror games: Your not invincible. Guns are utterly ineffectual on the first playthrough and you have to out maneuver and hold off the tougher enemies to stay alive. You truly fear encounters with larger groups of enemies and rightfully so.
However in a more practical sense the controls can be quite cumbersome (dodging is going to test your patience) and some questionable game design (backtracking; in this day and age >_>) mar a pretty solid game. Just don't go in expecting SH2 and your in for a eerie 2 - 3 day romp with some bog standard cheevos, collectibles aside.

Last edited by Vault Lad; 06-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Vault Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #29
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
If you've really played SH2, then you should consider the backtracking in this game a treat considering what you had to go through in that game.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #30
CrazyIvan92

CrazyIvan92's Gamercard
I thought this game was great, graphics could have been better but the storyline and gameplay where good IMO.

Finishing all the endings now for the 1000g, after that i'll probs never play it again but it was enjoyable to play.
CrazyIvan92 is offline   Reply With Quote