PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fable 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
Patch for the Demon Door issue coming or not?

Anyone know if the Demon Door issue has been patched?

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
b0neszero

I'm on my first play of this one. What's the issue? Maybe it'll help me avoid any frustrations. Thanks in advance
b0neszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd say no been a issue for quite awhile now :/ And the issue is people are unlocking all demon doors and the achievement isn't unlocking.

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
BlindBud

BlindBud's Gamercard
My difficulty with it was finding the last demon door. But I had no issues and that was months ago.
BlindBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
faithleex

did the demon doors today (29th dec 11). glitched for me so obviously not fixed yet
faithleex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Papio

Papio Giorgio's Gamercard
wow, i reported this glitch day 1 of dlc release and they still didn't patch it...

guess they don't want ppl to buy their games.
Papio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Fried Cola

I finished all the DLC stuff today. I've read about glitches, but none of the demon door or book achievements glitched out on me.

the only glitches I experienced was near the end of the game, it wouldn't let me quick travel in my sanctum (using the d-pad to move between rooms) and John Cleese wouldn't talk to me anymore. :C

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Ceris
Tug of War Winner~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Cola View Post
the only glitches I experienced was near the end of the game, it wouldn't let me quick travel in my sanctum (using the d-pad to move between rooms) and John Cleese wouldn't talk to me anymore. :C
Did you open any gifts before trying to travel to Sanctuary rooms? If so, that is why. After opening gifts, d-pad options don't appear

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
PhoenixWolfCub

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Just had this glitch today, 1/29/2012 >< So guess I have to do a second playthrough for this achievement. *sigh*

<snipped out>

Edit: Nevermind, after I posted about the 503 error the search decided to prove me wrong and wake up, so search is working again. Will look this up in the forum. lol

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

Last edited by PhoenixWolfCub; 01-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.
PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
G Thuggin

g thuggin's Gamercard
Mine glitch on 2/15. When I opened up my second to last demon door my count reset to 1/7. I had opened the traitors keep door prior to this. Looks like the only around this currently is to replay the game. Sucks.
G Thuggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
PhoenixWolfCub

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Yeah I've been reading posts that if you wait to open all the demon doors and open the DLC door first, followed by the rest (Mistpeak door last since that is buggy too) that it helps to get the cheevo and not bug. I still have yet to try it myself though, been stuck on the Mass Effect games. lol

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
mickey2002

InfoCone's Gamercard
Yeah unlike Ubisoft (fixing AS:R book glitch in the next title update) seems lionhead really don't care about quailty to the fans. They'll be busy on the next money earning thing. Fan base, support etc isn't a issue ot them (like no repair/buy all etc for the rent either thou didn't they add that to the later released pc version ?) Meh most dev studios suck now.
mickey2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2002 View Post
Yeah unlike Ubisoft (fixing AS:R book glitch in the next title update) seems lionhead really don't care about quailty to the fans. They'll be busy on the next money earning thing. Fan base, support etc isn't a issue ot them (like no repair/buy all etc for the rent either thou didn't they add that to the later released pc version ?) Meh most dev studios suck now.
100% agree! I would be very shocked if they released a patch for this issue.

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1986 View Post
100% agree! I would be very shocked if they released a patch for this issue.
It's been nearly a year since the DLC was released. I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #15
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
It's been nearly a year since the DLC was released. I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen.
I remember watching an interview or reading something a while back and lionhead pretty much said they were not going to be releasing any more patches for the game. Damn I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it. Could have been X-Play or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #16
Chewy ily

Chewy ily's Gamercard
So is there any way around the glitches(starting from beginning) in this game or are we just screwed?
This game can't be that messed up, is it?(Don't even own, but will soon)

Milestones:

30,000G 09/11/11
35,000G 03/04/12
40,000G ??/??/??

Completed(Exclude DLC)
Retail: 17 Arcade:6

Chewy ily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #17
LoIQ

LoIQ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy ily View Post
So is there any way around the glitches(starting from beginning) in this game or are we just screwed?
This game can't be that messed up, is it?(Don't even own, but will soon)
There are already a few posts on this, but yes, there is a way around the glitched demon door achievement (DLC related). If you're just going for the original 1000, there aren't major problems with one exception. It seems a few have experienced losing everything when joining someone else's game. I've never read that anyone has found out why. No way around it.
If you're going for 100% for the DLC too, the biggest problem is the Demon Doors. Just don't open *any* doors until you've opened the DLC one first & you'll be ok. If you open any of the original Demon Doors & then open the DLC Demon Door, the counter get's f'ed up and you won't get the achievement.
Aside from possibly not getting all the achievements, this is a great game. I too started it just a week ago despite having owned it since release. Like the prior releases, this is a very fun, light-hearted, & not too difficult game. Just enjoy its wackiness & worry about the achievements after you've completed the story.
LoIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
Chewy ily

Chewy ily's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoIQ View Post
There are already a few posts on this, but yes, there is a way around the glitched demon door achievement (DLC related). If you're just going for the original 1000, there aren't major problems with one exception. It seems a few have experienced losing everything when joining someone else's game. I've never read that anyone has found out why. No way around it.
If you're going for 100% for the DLC too, the biggest problem is the Demon Doors. Just don't open *any* doors until you've opened the DLC one first & you'll be ok. If you open any of the original Demon Doors & then open the DLC Demon Door, the counter get's f'ed up and you won't get the achievement.
Aside from possibly not getting all the achievements, this is a great game. I too started it just a week ago despite having owned it since release. Like the prior releases, this is a very fun, light-hearted, & not too difficult game. Just enjoy its wackiness & worry about the achievements after you've completed the story.
Lol okay thanks for taking your time to say this, helps a lot.
I loved Fable 2 and hope It'll be the same for me here as well.
Yeah, I will be getting the DLC and like you said, I'll do it once the game is finished and open the DLC Doors first hehe.
Thanks.

Milestones:

30,000G 09/11/11
35,000G 03/04/12
40,000G ??/??/??

Completed(Exclude DLC)
Retail: 17 Arcade:6

Chewy ily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
Aluminum Cook

Aluminum Cook's Gamercard
Good to know... I'll make sure to save the Demon Doors for last and start with the DLC. I know I'm late to the game, should be starting this one any day now.

Retail: 17 Including: Alan Wake, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Fable 2 & 3, Prince of Persia & PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Red Dead Redemption, Soul Calibur 4 & 5, Tales of Vesperia

Arcade: 23 Including: 1 vs. 100, Alien Hominid, Bastion, Carcassone, Castle Crashers, MtG: DotP & MTG: DotP 2012, Plants vs. Zombies, Portal, Trials Evolution
Aluminum Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Fingers crossed wish me luck
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Obviously I didn't write the code for the game, but I don't understand why they can't just issue a patch that searches for the counter in the save file on how many have been opened, and just pop the achievement if it finds 7

However, maybe the counter got corrupted in the save file.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #22
sternn

karterfone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
Obviously I didn't write the code for the game, but I don't understand why they can't just issue a patch that searches for the counter in the save file on how many have been opened, and just pop the achievement if it finds 7

However, maybe the counter got corrupted in the save file.
Writing a patch on the 360 would require a LOT of time and money on Lionhead's part. They're too wrapped up in other projects now.
sternn is offline   Reply With Quote