Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thinking about buying the DLC

Does anyone still play online with the DLC games? If so I'll probably buy it.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
brownstar ninja

brownstar ninja's Gamercard
I have it, if you want to boost friday night?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Espi

The DLC gametypes are pretty much dead. All it is used for is boosting.

The maps and gametypes are cool but unless you have people to play private matches with there's no point in owning them.
Espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
N0pp3rab0

N0pp3rab0's Gamercard
I'm thinking of investing in the DLC packs too, as I do like the game quite a lot. But I can't say I really have any interest in online play. So can anyone tell me if they think the packs are worth the money just in terms of playing single player skirmish games?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Ari Haswari
Banned User

I, personally, only played this game online just to get the all the online achievements. Since then I've been playing offline only because I don't want to apply anymore updates to this game. I mostly play Skirmishes (2vs2 & 3vs3). I play on all the maps.

The only thing I hate about this game is the damn title updates that have been released for it since the game was released. For me, they ruin the game play.

I'd recommended getting all the DLC that is available for this game. This is one of the best halo games ever made. I actually have 2 download codes for the dlc of this game. Used 1 of them and still have the 2nd. Mainly because I bought the dlc from xbl marketplace the same time I bought the platinum hits version (disc).
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
TheyCallMeNooTs

Fondle v Corpse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Haswari View Post
I, personally, only played this game online just to get the all the online achievements. Since then I've been playing offline only because I don't want to apply anymore updates to this game. I mostly play Skirmishes (2vs2 & 3vs3). I play on all the maps.

The only thing I hate about this game is the damn title updates that have been released for it since the game was released. For me, they ruin the game play.

I'd recommended getting all the DLC that is available for this game. This is one of the best halo games ever made. I actually have 2 download codes for the dlc of this game. Used 1 of them and still have the 2nd. Mainly because I bought the dlc from xbl marketplace the same time I bought the platinum hits version (disc).

what exactly did you mean by that "The only thing I hate about this game is the damn title updates that have been released for it since the game was released. For me, they ruin the game play"
how exactly do they ruin it ? I've just purchased this game after months and months of looking for it and installed the title update - should I just delete it ? i dont really play online much
but how much of a difference is there exactly ?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
PE37

pe37's Gamercard
I second the question regarding single player skirmishes! I've never been one for playing RTS games online but I really enjoyed this game so would like to get the DLC
PE37 is offline   Reply With Quote