PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Age of Empires Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #121
command92

command92's Gamercard
i tried yesterday and prob won about 3 out of 12
command92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #122
Out of Battery

Out of Battery's Gamercard
I read somewhere on the official AoEO forums that the A.I. being this difficult was unintentional and the developers are working to fix it. If this is this case, then we might not need to worry. The method will probably still work for you guys once/if they fix it.
Out of Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #123
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
Unstoppable King Minos Greek Vs Unstoppable Village Elder Celtic still
work for me somewhat. Done roughly 30 games in the past two days and won half of them. The only thing I did was to tribute my start resources at the start and then I went AFK.
It seems to me that item drops are a lot worse now. Out of 20 chests I get from skirmish 15-16 are resources <.<
Temp33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #124
command92

command92's Gamercard
just changed to them on fierce and ally unstoppable, works everytime which is better than nothing for now
command92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #125
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
I'm beating the unstoppable AI about 50% of the time. So it does still work just no where near as efficient.

Tweekfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #126
zI ALEX L Iz

zi alex l iz's Gamercard
Doesn't seem worth doing Unstoppable now

There goes a nice 400 coin

I've been doing it all day and ive won twice out of about 13 attempts
zI ALEX L Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #127
zI ALEX L Iz

zi alex l iz's Gamercard
Well I can confirm that the Spartan Academy drops from Skirmish. and I got it from one of the ordinary chests, not the quest ones.

Total Buildings
1 Tomb (Argos storyline quest)
1 Sphinx (Skirmish repeatable quests)
1 Spartan Academy (Skirmish Ordinary quests)
2 Library's (one from Moe's, and the other from "Defeat Ledrai")

My skirmish count upon Receiving my last blueprint was 370 on one civ.

Good luck to everyone else trying to obtain these ridiculous achievements.
zI ALEX L Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #128
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
I have been fiddling with lots of set-ups, but I can't find one that is certain to work. Most often, my problem is my ally just not advancing as he used to. I've had enemies have a wonder fully built and my ally still in the dam 3rd age >.>

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #129
quantanalyst

quantanalyst's Gamercard
I got the tomb from Elite Rogues. All the others I got from skirmish (plus a tomb). I got my last one just before I got my 1000 enemy's defeated trophy. I'd say at least 300 of those were using the unstoppable trick.

Also, I've done a lot of Crete and Elite Crete on 4 civs and never got an achievement blueprint there. I haven't done too many legendary but haven't gotten and blueprints there either. My opinion: It seems like skirmish might still be the best place to get them if you want to grind it out. Moes is probably also good if you have the coin for it.
quantanalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #130
RayJay90

dac0318's Gamercard
I got nothing special from Moe's after spending 400k, but I managed to get 2 Small Pyramid blue prints (from lvl 20-25 chests). If anyone needs one , I will be happy to give you one (they are trade-able at the moment).

I managed to get the sphinx blueprint from one of the alliance quest (treasures after completing the quest). This purely by chance as my total alliance points is ~4000.

I got the Library Blueprint from Defense of Crete. If you are interested here are the settings in which I got it from.
Map: Cretan land Bridge , Difficulty: Challenge, Waves: 30
In total I played defense of Crete 45 times. 35 times on Sea of Crete and 10 times on the Cretan land Bridge.

Last edited by RayJay90; 07-16-2012 at 01:41 AM.
RayJay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #131
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I got the Library and the Small Step Pyramid from Moe's. Still waiting for the others, but I still have quite a few achievements left to go.

If anyone is looking for a Moe's, I have one on the Marathon server in my Persian city, along with most of the other stores and such.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 07-19-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: changed servers
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #132
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Out of curiosity...has anyone received an achievement building from a Level 5 chest from Moe's?

I ask because I don't need any of the gear that Moe's drops, all my units and buildings have Epic or Legendary gear already, and my advisors are also pretty much all Epic.

I spent 20k on Level 5 chests and 20k on Level 20 chests, and compared the resale value of the contents. Level 5 chests sell for 25 gold and the average value was 11 gold. Level 20 chests sell for 200 gold and the average value was 36 gold.

Basically what this means is for every 2.3 Level 5 chests you get a free one, whereas it takes 5.5 Level 20 chests to get a free one. While I understand the chances of an achievement building are very low to start with, spending 20k on Level 5 chests gives me 1147 chances to get one, but spending that same money on Level 20 chests only gives me 118 chances. Even if the odds are lower to get an achievement building in Level 5 chests (which I have no evidence of either way) they would have be ten times lower for it to make sense to spend the money on Level 20 chests.

Of course, if you need the gear drops as well, then this is irrelevant, but my guess is that by the time people are grinding this out, gear is not really an issue.

Comments?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #133
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Out of curiosity...has anyone received an achievement building from a Level 5 chest from Moe's?

I ask because I don't need any of the gear that Moe's drops, all my units and buildings have Epic or Legendary gear already, and my advisors are also pretty much all Epic.

I spent 20k on Level 5 chests and 20k on Level 20 chests, and compared the resale value of the contents. Level 5 chests sell for 25 gold and the average value was 11 gold. Level 20 chests sell for 200 gold and the average value was 36 gold.

Basically what this means is for every 2.3 Level 5 chests you get a free one, whereas it takes 5.5 Level 20 chests to get a free one. While I understand the chances of an achievement building are very low to start with, spending 20k on Level 5 chests gives me 1147 chances to get one, but spending that same money on Level 20 chests only gives me 118 chances. Even if the odds are lower to get an achievement building in Level 5 chests (which I have no evidence of either way) they would have be ten times lower for it to make sense to spend the money on Level 20 chests.

Of course, if you need the gear drops as well, then this is irrelevant, but my guess is that by the time people are grinding this out, gear is not really an issue.

Comments?
From My experience(490hours playtime xD) achievement building drop only from lvl20+ onward. For the Sphinx specifically it has to be a lvl40 chest though the chances getting one is very unlikely(Spend 500k+ on lvl40 chests until I finally got one)

I did spend some money on low level chests just for fun(50k each on lvl5, lvl10,lvl15) but didn't have any fun
The problem with chests below 20 is that they don't drop anything valueable to other players. lvl20 chests for example can drop hand carved wall braces which can easily be sold for 20k+.
lvl25 chest do drop Epic advisors of which most are worth more than 10k (some even30k+). lvl40 chests however have the chance of dropping Hammer of Kaveh(220-250k) or Ramses Heavy Gaunts(300k+). If you are lucky enough to get any of those, you'll have more money to spend on chests afterwards.

Btw the best way to earn coins in this game is to do alliance quests daily. There are 3-4 quests which can easily be done by anyone in coop(even with uncommon gear). They take 10-15min each and give you 5-6 chests if you do 100% on them. the best about this is that the droprate of valuable items (legendaries) is rather high.
Palace Race:Crete, Persian Coersion and Palace Race:Belgica. None of these requires good gear or a lot of skill once you know the strategy. Here is a Youtube Channel of someone showing on how to do each one:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Moppith/videos

Last edited by Temp33t; 07-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #134
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp33t View Post
lvl20 chests for example can drop hand carved wall braces which can easily be sold for 20k+.
lvl25 chest do drop Epic advisors of which most are worth more than 10k (some even30k+). lvl40 chests however have the chance of dropping Hammer of Kaveh(220-250k) or Ramses Heavy Gaunts(300k+).
You are selling those to other players or to a store? I ask because with the hours I play, I rarely see anyone else on the server, and those I do seem to be selling things in the trade channel that top out at around 5k - usually far less.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #135
mhkerr

mickerr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
You are selling those to other players or to a store? I ask because with the hours I play, I rarely see anyone else on the server, and those I do seem to be selling things in the trade channel that top out at around 5k - usually far less.
You should switch your civs to Marathon server, it has the highest player base and its where you'll get the best prices for things.

Depends what time you play at, high end prices are at peak times but if your only looking gold to try for the blueprints dont bother holding out to get the best price just sell for what you can

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com...ad/170650.aspx
Last page of thread is very rough guide of what things sell for
mhkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #136
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
Quote:
I was talking about selling it to other players. You might wanna think about transfering your empire to Marathon like mhkerr said. The Trade-Channel there is always active and people have enough coins to buy anything.

Quote:
Depends what time you play at, high end prices are at peak times but if your only looking gold to try for the blueprints dont bother holding out to get the best price just sell for what you can

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com...ad/170650.aspx
Last page of thread is very rough guide of what things sell for
Here is the latest Price Guide:
http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com...ad/235854.aspx

If you are not sure about a certain Items Price you might aswell send me a mail ingame.
GamerTag: Temp33t
Old 07-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #137
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkerr View Post
You should switch your civs to Marathon server, it has the highest player base and its where you'll get the best prices for things.
Thanks, I will do that right now.

Quote:
Btw the best way to earn coins in this game is to do alliance quests daily. There are 3-4 quests which can easily be done by anyone in coop(even with uncommon gear). They take 10-15min each and give you 5-6 chests if you do 100% on them. the best about this is that the droprate of valuable items (legendaries) is rather high.
Palace Race:Crete, Persian Coersion and Palace Race:Belgica.
I haven't particularly earned any money yet, having only done Persian Coercion twice...but on my second victory I got the blueprint for the Tomb and another 40 GS.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #138
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
Quote:
I haven't particularly earned any money yet, having only done Persian Coercion twice...but on my second victory I got the blueprint for the Tomb and another 40 GS.
If you need any help with alliance quests, elite meet or You complete Me, feel free to add me ingame.
I'll gladly help you out on weekdays (almost never playing on weekends )
Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #139
RayJay90

dac0318's Gamercard
Which alliance are you in?
My alliance is Imhotep. It would be nice have a partner do the villager side for the palace races.
95% I am playing as the villager/host.

I would like to do "Elite Meet in Crete" either tomorrow of Saturday. I don't exactly remember the exact time I completed it.

Any Standard Crete would be good too. Right now I am grinding my way to build that last wonder. If you are interested msg me or add me. I am willing to let anyone leech or sit out the game. This does not matter to me as I normally play Crete on solo.

Server: Marathon

Last edited by RayJay90; 07-20-2012 at 03:42 AM.
RayJay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #140
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay90 View Post
Which alliance are you in?
My alliance is Imhotep. It would be nice have a partner do the villager side for the palace races.
95% I am playing as the villager/host.

I would like to do "Elite Meet in Crete" either tomorrow of Saturday. I don't exactly remember the exact time I completed it.

Any Standard Crete would be good too. Right now I am grinding my way to build that last wonder. If you are interested msg me or add me. I am willing to let anyone leech or sit out the game. This does not matter to me as I normally play Crete on solo.

Server: Marathon
Hey. I'm in carthage but i'd love to grind away those Crete Achievements with ya since they are so freaking boring.

About Elite meet. I can't do it for now since it's on cooldown time. Will only be able to do it someday next week and I probably do it with Creech first.

Anyways. I'll add you today ;D
Old 07-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #141
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
From My experience(490hours playtime xD) achievement building drop only from lvl20+ onward. For the Sphinx specifically it has to be a lvl40 chest though the chances getting one is very unlikely(Spend 500k+ on lvl40 chests until I finally got one)

I did spend some money on low level chests just for fun(50k each on lvl5, lvl10,lvl15) but didn't have any fun
The problem with chests below 20 is that they don't drop anything valueable to other players.
I received the Sphinx from a level 30 chest. That is all I buy these days, as I also received the Library from a level 30 chest. I've spent every single bit of gold I've made in the game at Moe's. To begin with, I was going with level 40's, however, with none of the achievement buildings dropping, it seemed like a waste. Changed to level 20's for a while, that didn't bear any fruit either. Settled on level 30 and that has been very successful for me.

I'm at 236 hours, I need two more buildings and to grind Crete for a while, then I'm done... Until the "Annies" are released. My recommendation for these buildings would be to do the skirmish dailies, then spend your money on level 30 chests. It doesn't require much effort and you have a chance of getting them as drops from skirmish + Moe's.

*I haven't tried the Alliance quests yet, so I can't comment on those.

Last edited by Shelton; 07-26-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #142
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
i getting really tired of this do Skirmish with 2-3 civ a day and still dont have the Sphinx, one time i dropped over 60K in moes on lvl 30 chests and still no Sphinx
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #143
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsoenx View Post
i getting really tired of this do Skirmish with 2-3 civ a day and still dont have the Sphinx, one time i dropped over 60K in moes on lvl 30 chests and still no Sphinx
I dropped 400k into Moes and didn't get a single achievement building, so I wouldn't suggest wasting money on it. Better spent on getting better gear to make the rest of it easier!

First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Old 07-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #144
Topboy13

Allied 8's Gamercard
i finally got my last one the sphinx it dropped on one of the defeat quests yh

also i have a spare small step pyrimid selling it for 2k just msg me if any1 wants it

im on Abydos server
Topboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 AM   #145
OttomanC3N9

cenGii91's Gamercard
I have one question. WHAT THE THELL is Moes?
And now i am confused. Do the skirmish farming works or what should i do know?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #146
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
I dropped 400k into Moes and didn't get a single achievement building, so I wouldn't suggest wasting money on it. Better spent on getting better gear to make the rest of it easier!
I have had 3 Academy's drop from level 40 chests purchased at Moe's in the last two days... I also had one drop from a level 40 skirmish chest. Got the Tomb from an Alliance quest. Still waiting on the Sphinx.

Ottoman, Moe's is a store you can find and build in your capital city, or visit someone else who has it and purchase random chests that are usually junk, but occasionally very nice stuff such as achievement buildings.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #147
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
I have had 3 Academy's drop from level 40 chests purchased at Moe's in the last two days... I also had one drop from a level 40 skirmish chest. Got the Tomb from an Alliance quest. Still waiting on the Sphinx.
It really sucks that they don't allow them to be tradeable. Could have just made it so once built you can't trade it to stop the achievement sharing, but I felt like a bit of a jerk when my friend was sitting one 1 building and I had received 2 extra academies, libraries and sphinx's xD

Old 08-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #148
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

I have only tried four AFK skirmish matches since the anniversary update, but I lost all four. The placement now is not grouping the teams together, instead I have been randomly placed all over the map with my ally in a different corner. In addition, I had all four matches go to 20 minutes before ANY civ started building a wonder, and in zero of the four did my ally ever start building a wonder. Two of the four I started with an opponent AI within spitting distance of my town center, although for some reason they never attacked me, focusing instead on sending units across the map to attack my teammate.

At any rate, this may no longer be a valid method of grinding chests, gold, and EP.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #149
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I have only tried four AFK skirmish matches since the anniversary update, but I lost all four. The placement now is not grouping the teams together, instead I have been randomly placed all over the map with my ally in a different corner. In addition, I had all four matches go to 20 minutes before ANY civ started building a wonder, and in zero of the four did my ally ever start building a wonder. Two of the four I started with an opponent AI within spitting distance of my town center, although for some reason they never attacked me, focusing instead on sending units across the map to attack my teammate.

At any rate, this may no longer be a valid method of grinding chests, gold, and EP.
Indeed. I've given up on skirmish mode now. They've been making subtle changes with each update, making it harder and harder to win with the wonder method. It's not really worth the effort anymore. I've turned to Alliance quests and trading. I spent 500k at Moe's within two days and came up with goose eggs, but it still seems like the best bet. It also gave me several legendary items worth quite a bit, so I will continue to sell them to people and buy chests.

Luck based achievements are the worst!

Ps I have a Moe's in my Greek city. If anybody wants to line my pockets with gold, feel free to buy your chests from there. lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #150
Shadiochao

Shadiochao's Gamercard
Quote:

I am able to win wonder matches against the unstoppable AI now by building my own wonders. I've done four matches without any trouble but I bring along an AI ally just to give me some defence in the event of an overpowering attack.

I use these settings:
Map: Oasis (the default map is random now so don't forget to change that)
Map Size: Huge
Map Resources: High (or whatever the most is)
Player Resources: High (not the highest or else the chests would not be level 40)
Max Age: 4
Mode: Wonder
Ally: Unstoppable Persian King Agamemnon
Enemies: 4x Unstoppable Celtic Village Elder

The main reason I am able to win is because of my advisor. An epic King Nannus will lower the cost of your wonder to 3000 gold, stone and wood. I'm sure it's possible that a very good player can win without it, but the advisor just makes it so much easier. Iron Wall Joints will lower the cost by a further 100 of each without adding on any extra build time.

I focus on first getting 39 villagers, then to clear the two gold deposits next to my town, reach age 4 and build a market. With the best market penalty reducing stuff researched, the gold should be enough to buy 2.5-3k stone while leaving just enough for the wonder. All that's left after that is to chop down the 3k wood I need.

The AI can sometimes start building their wonder even before I have any wood, but because of King Nannus and the fact that they only put 5-6 villagers on their wonder, I can easily finish before theirs is half built.

All of this takes about 10-13 minutes once the game has started. It's not AFK anymore but I'd still say it's an improvement since I haven't come close to losing yet and can now consistently farm chests against AI stronger than fierce.

Last edited by Shadiochao; 08-15-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Shadiochao is offline   Reply With Quote