PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #31
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Yeah that is one of those things which come naturally, i tried too haed the last hour and failed...but destrying a vehicle with a repair tool is more than tough, isn't it?

How to get the laser designation?

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-14-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #32
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppygalaxy View Post
That is fairly easy though. There is allot of campers whit snipers in every mode. Just use "SPRINT" and run behind them.

You got it yesterday running up to someone face on :P

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #33
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
I like the assignments just for a change of pace. The Famas is pretty badass.
Only assignment that really bothers me is the Grenade Launcher (to unlock the L85A2). Conquest - Operation Metro was crazy before with Rocket Launchers but now there are Noobtube spamming EVERYWHERE.
Little vent there.
first ten kills are hard because standard grenade launcher is underpowere second ten are easy because you get buck rounds! they are BEAST

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #34
xIAmAZombiex

RAINBOW FOETUS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
Stupid shit, getting a kill with the repair tool...just stupid!!!
Repair tool actually kills pretty quickly. If you catch them from behind its an easy kill. In fact I'd say the blow torch is a more effective melee weapon than that piece of shit knife you have.
xIAmAZombiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #35
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Although being at Colonel rank already with 72h of playtime I don't know hoe to laser designate!?

Do I have to use the SOFLAM??? And if so, how to use it properly? Never did...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #36
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
How many knife kills do you have? It's the same thing.

I think the assignments are great. But what others said. I never used the M23 grenatelauncher...But I do need 20 kill with it to unlock a weapon. So I will kill exactly 20 people with the M230

I did try the mortar when I unlocked it, and I got 2 kills.........but I think it sucks. You need spotting help from your team.

other then that....I like them

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #37
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Although being at Colonel rank already with 72h of playtime I don't know hoe to laser designate!?

Do I have to use the SOFLAM??? And if so, how to use it properly? Never did...
Yeah SOFLAM is easy. Just find a high building rooftop, a high mountain and place it there. Then go somewhere save and activate itfrom a distance. or (I'm not sure)

Then lock on planes/heli's/tanks/jeeps etc. When you get a lock, you'll get 10 points.

Then move to another target and repeat.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #38
itsnotunusual

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
For Laser Designation you don't necessarily need the Soflam. The Tanks CITV Station or the Heli Laser Painter works as well. Great for people disliking the Recon class like myself
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #39
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
How many knife kills do you have? It's the same thing.

I think the assignments are great. But what others said. I never used the M23 grenatelauncher...But I do need 20 kill with it to unlock a weapon. So I will kill exactly 20 people with the M230

I did try the mortar when I unlocked it, and I got 2 kills.........but I think it sucks. You need spotting help from your team.

other then that....I like them
About 160 knife kills i think, as i said, i tried too hard the one hour i played this morning

I attacked a guy with it but he killed me with about 25% of his lifeline left
Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Does anyone know if the "headshots" from the Recon assignments have to be done with the sniper or does the pistols count also?

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #41
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
Does anyone know if the "headshots" from the Recon assignments have to be done with the sniper or does the pistols count also?
They count with any gun, even Vehicles.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #42
PrinceofDeath86

The assignments are to unlock the weapons, they are not Class Specific Objectives, you can get you Suppression Assists with any class, headshots with any class, etc.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #43
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also noticed it's needed for the LMG to get 50 Suppression kill assist. FFS! If possible, i hate this system even more.
Suppression Assists are not hard. It's not like you have to get all 50 in one game. Just keep playing and they will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
Someone posted the idea of trying to destroy a tank w/ repair tool at the beginning of a CQ match on Davamand Peak - any other ideas? This is the only assignment that seems stupid hard and not just somewhat difficult and/or time consuming (i.e. not being a Rambo).
That would be me. At the beginning of Damavand Peak on Conquest, there is usually a tank battle over B. Get there, flank around and attack the enemy tank with a repair tool during the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
you have to destroy it using the repair tool. which means enemys have to be inside it or you will start repairing it.
I wasn't aware that the enemy could steal the AMTRAC.

Quote:
Every single prone sniper that you encounter is a prime target for a Torch kill.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:22 AM   #44
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
The assignments are to unlock the weapons, they are not Class Specific Objectives, you can get you Suppression Assists with any class, headshots with any class, etc.
LOL daamn.. and i went for the freakin 5 knife kills with sniper in close combat.. lolz.. should have known that earlier

Anyways, you guys got some tipps for the vehicle destruction with the repair torch? I really have no idea as the engineer is one of my less played classes and am not used to it very much... Which mode / vehicle etc. did you do it in/on?

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #45
Mabro

Most are things that just come naturally, and they do seem to be encouraging people to be more helpful. I've definitely noticed more med & ammo packs on the ground, more spotting, reviving and even lasing going on since B2K came out.

As for the M320, I think it's at 20 kills that the smoke grenade is unlocked, so it's possible DICE is trying to get more people using that as it too can be helpful at times.

The 50 AT rocket kills one has me baffled, though. There were already more than enough Engis running around firing them at everything in sight.

Quote:
It's easy. But you need to get it whit LMG. And i hate LMG
As someone else said, I'm pretty sure that it counts no matter the kit or weapon being used. My count keeps going up anyway, and I haven't used an LMG since getting the 20 kills for the previous assignment in that group.

Quote:
the only one i find EXTREAMLY HARD is taking down an enemy vehicle with repair tool, everyone just gets out of the tank and you cant destroy it
I read on the EAUK forum that enemy spawn beacons, mortars, MAVs, T-UGS, etc all count too, which would make it a lot easier. Not sure if it's true as I got it by finishing off an unsuspecting DPV.
Mabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #46
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
Anyways, you guys got some tipps for the vehicle destruction with the repair torch? I really have no idea as the engineer is one of my less played classes and am not used to it very much... Which mode / vehicle etc. did you do it in/on?
I got mine as I was working on that retarded 5 Squad team death match win.
Mostly due to the fact that the other squads will hang on to it even if its on fire until it blows up. As long as it will give em 2 more points they will stay most of the time. So I just ran for it and got it after I used 2 rockets on it.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #47
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Just destroyed a tank with the blow torch The most difficult assignment is done, working on the AT kills, 30 so far...
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #48
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

This is probably a dumb question but do you have to play B2K maps to do the assignments or can you play any map?
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #49
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
This is probably a dumb question but do you have to play B2K maps to do the assignments or can you play any map?
any map. any game mode

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #50
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Having major trouble unlocking the 4th weapon, nearly have my 50 rocket kills but repair tool destroy is a bitch!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #51
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Finally have both tasks done...the blow torch task is a stupid joke! From now on it is a breeze...

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-15-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #52
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Wink

Quote:
Finally have both tasks done...the blow torch task is a stupid joke! From now on it is a breeze...
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Having major trouble unlocking the 4th weapon, nearly have my 50 rocket kills but repair tool destroy is a bitch!
i had a lot of fun using my rpg / smaw its funny how bad and good it is at the same time, its really good for sniping people with that are in buildings but to use it as an actual weapon it is terrible, so many hit markers when it hits the ground next to their feet, i got my repair tool vehicle kill today, i fired to stingers at a f35 and disabled it and he sorta landed it and tried to take off and it was stuck on a pole and a ran up to to it like AAAaAAaAA and destroyed his plane with my repair tool, now just for SQDM. *sadface*

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 12-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #53
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Wonder why all you people dislike SQDM / SQTDM...i normally just play SQTDM...that is why my winning percentage is just at about 0.70...the chance of winning is just 25%...but i just like it bc no Jets or Helis...

(BTW and Offtopic:can someone please tell me why my Gamercard is still at 116300GS? I have already about 127k but it isn't updating anymore...)

Thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #54
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have to say that I like assignements. some of them are lame, like 50 rocket kills, but once you have them all completed you have tested almost every available gear.. I guess this will make some players to learn some new things about this game, like spoting, reviving, give ammo or health packs, because alot of people just don't use their class as they were supposed to.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #55
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Suppression Assists are not hard. It's not like you have to get all 50 in one game. Just keep playing and they will come.
I agree got those done already cause you dont even need to be the class to get the tasks done too. Except for the kills with specific weapon type. Those suppression ribbons on the other hand fuck those the way its looking that's the only medal I'm not gonna get. I only got 5 of those one I "boosted" the last time I got one was on Metro with 50+ kills just to get that ribbon once. Which that game was done mainly with my LMG honestly if it was for me using a battle rifle at first I don't think I would of got that ribbon that game.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #56
PrinceofDeath86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koompbala View Post
I agree got those done already cause you dont even need to be the class to get the tasks done too. Except for the kills with specific weapon type. Those suppression ribbons on the other hand fuck those the way its looking that's the only medal I'm not gonna get. I only got 5 of those one I "boosted" the last time I got one was on Metro with 50+ kills just to get that ribbon once. Which that game was done mainly with my LMG honestly if it was for me using a battle rifle at first I don't think I would of got that ribbon that game.
I have 7 of these and 100+ kills with every LMG! Nemesis is a hard one to get too.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #57
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Thumbs up

did you guys know you get xp for completing assignments!!!. 2500xp for the first set and 5000 for the second!!!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #58
PrinceofDeath86

Quote:
did you guys know you get xp for completing assignments!!!. 2500xp for the first set and 5000 for the second!!!
I kinda figured thats where the random 5K came from i got earlier, i wasnt sure thoe. I like the fact that i got 10k for getting Service Star 2 on Support Class but i could swear I only got the typical 2k when i got #2 with the Engineer.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #59
Treabor21

Treabor21's Gamercard
For some reason im not looking forward to getting the 5 jeep kills lol.
Treabor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #60
PrinceofDeath86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treabor21 View Post
For some reason im not looking forward to getting the 5 jeep kills lol.
I got a double kill with it an havent touched the gunner since, you have ZERO range of movement in the thing. If they arent within a 15deg. angle of your front, you cant hit them. I only use it to get somewhere fast then bail an let it roll away somewhere out of the way.