PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > RAAM's Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #31
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
What chapter is the construction site at again, 4?
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #32
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I think it's five? People might try to get two groups of five going (or a few people with second accounts signed in) and try to join matchmaking at the time and see if they get lucky and get matched together.

Either "trick" method is still a bit of a crap shoot though.
Party of 10 is possible when playing Versus. What I plan to do is gather 5~10 people, sign in guest account as needed to fill up the party, and then play quick matches 10+ times to get both achievements for everybody. Sorry, this only works in private matches which can't be used for getting this achievement. I tested today and found out only 5 can search for standard matches. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by sanger; 12-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #33
KILLBOT

Just to confirm again, Unarmed and Dangerous does not work on arcade. Set up a normal campaign on act 4, leave one Locust alive in the area where the loader is located, reload checkpoint and repeat until the achievement unlocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurytomid View Post
What chapter is the construction site at again, 4?
Yes mate, it's at the very end of act 4.

Last edited by KILLBOT; 12-14-2011 at 12:58 AM.
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #34
Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory2 View Post
Anybody find a quick way to get Foreshadowing yet?
I found a quick way. But it's not for everyone. You'll need a shitty connection for this. I used 3G modem, not the one I normally use. It has poor latency so I can't find any matches but bots only. It took me 45 minutes to find a match where I spawn as Locust and there's Kim bot on the other team. I managed to execute him 5 times. So I'm currently half way to the achievement.
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #35
ChaosTheory2

Chaos Theory2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLBOT View Post
Just to confirm again, Unarmed and Dangerous does not work on arcade. Set up a normal campaign on act 4, leave one Locust alive in the area where the loader is located, reload checkpoint and repeat until the achievement unlocks.

Yes mate, it's at the very end of act 4.
I don't know what to tell you. I just got two kills with it in arcade and it shows up as 2/10.

No foolies.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #36
Dark Anaconda

Ghosts from the Past 15
Honored the memory of Zeta Squad in 10 matches of Versus.

I joined a versus game in warzone but fuck it was 5 rounds!! is there any versus mode which requires like 1 or 2 rounds for 1 match?
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #37
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Foreshadowing is probably the worst achievement this year. Still only 2 / 10 progress on it so far.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #38
This be DMK

Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
Why it can't be done in private is beyond me, just encourages people to not play the game. Hopefully they'll have a playlist event that everyone on Cogs is Kim and locust Ramm.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #39
trecena

trecena's Gamercard
Foreshadowing cheevo is easy if your a bit lucky as u need someone whose playing as Minh.. it's the second achievement I've unlocked in this dlc even before playing 10 games as a zeta member.

Go versus and when u see Minh, down him and execute him. I suggest playing TDM or KOTH.. took me less than 3 games to get this one and some guys were taken my down but still got it.

gd luck if your struggling with this.
trecena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #40
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by This be DMK View Post
Why it can't be done in private is beyond me, just encourages people to not play the game. Hopefully they'll have a playlist event that everyone on Cogs is Kim and locust Ramm.
No pvt is bullshit indeed.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #41
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Regarding Foreshadowing advice.......

Joining in progress does not guarantee your preferred skin. Unless someone else has it in the game already. Rod said in his live stream skins load from memory. Otherwise if someone else isnt Kim or RAAM you default to Marcus or Drone. So the foreshadowing is gonna be a major pain in the ass.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #42
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Anyone having trouble with the HOD kills not unlocking? I'm in standard, not arcade and not getting any kills... Strange.

EDIT: Found out the issue... If you want to reload the checkpoint (Chapter 4) Make sure all the Seeder's are killed and you will automatically get off the Hammer Control Center. Only then your kills will pop up and you can reload. I was keeping one Seeder alive and reloading from there, which is why no kills counted.

Hope that info helps.

Last edited by Bofur; 12-14-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #43
PM0NEY23

Quote:
Foreshadowing 25
As RAAM, made sure Minh never forgets that day outside the House of Sovereigns.

Set your Locust character as RAAM so you can try to work on this whenever you find someone else playing as Kim (and if you're feeling generous, be Kim while COG to help others get it). Note that it requires an execution; go for a chainsaw if the other player is unaware of your presence, or use the lancer to gun someone down and move in close for an easy ground execution.

This can not be done in private matches, so it is slightly up to luck that you get the proper character across from you to attempt this in normal matchmaking. You will need ten executions of Kim as RAAM in total.

There is one small trick that might work out to try and boost this with a friend. Have your friend join a match and wait until his side is full of human players but the other side has at least one bot. Use your Guide Menu to "Join Session in Progress" and you should be put on the other team. From there, find a place to meet on the map to do the business. Otherwise, you'll need a group of 10 people (or 5 all with guest accounts signed in) and join matchmaking that way.
Ok, here is the trick that I been using and it works. What you do is get someone to host a lobby and invite 4 friends or whatever. Host should go ahead and search for standard quick match. Once everyone is in the game, the party leader backs out. When doing so, the remaining people in the lobby will no longer be in a party. After the first match you will get split up, hence no party leader/host. We have been doing this for some time now. I have tons of gears friends and we like to play against each other but like the xp from public vs private and the fact that teams randomize unlike private matches.

This was the first achievement I unlocked when I downloaded the DLC. I hope this is helpful.
PM0NEY23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #44
Dragonwhisp3rer

Dragonwhisp3rer's Gamercard
For Unarmed and Dangerous It also works with any silverback as long as you kill with (B). Of course you'll have to be able to get into one so only when playing with someone that gets to use the theron character.

For Death from Above I had to play arcade for the kills to count. When I played standard none of my kills counted and none counted for my friend either so maybe arcade is the only way to go.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #45
Dragonwhisp3rer

Dragonwhisp3rer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Foreshadowing is probably the worst achievement this year. Still only 2 / 10 progress on it so far.
Agreed. I have 0 so far. I've got into some games today playing as cogs.
I play as Kim so that I can help others out there that want this even though I really only want to play as Barrik.

In one game, three guys were playing as Raam so I ran to them and then did nothing so that they could get the execution some times they did some times they just killed my. Anyway after the game when it was suppose to be my turn to play as raam they all left, cuz of course they got "theirs". Naturally none of the bots were kim and the new guys coming into the game were marcus.

Similar things happened the other matches as well so I gave up. This really shows how stupid people at epic are. Putting this achievement in only breaks the multiplayer. People only stick around until the chance to get kim is gone then they get lost. Even I found myself, after some tries, only staying in matches where I start as cogs (the first match I'm almost always marcus) so that the next match I can get a chance to maybe get a Kim.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #46
Nova Bowser

Nova Bowser's Gamercard
I just got it playing King of the Hill..took me 5 games to get it but it seems to be easier in KOTH
Nova Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #47
raczer

Thumbs up achievement guide

In response to some of your viewers(complainers), ignore them. You do a great job. I follow your guide and road map all the time. It's the best. Keep it up
raczer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #48
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

i got a feeling epic is trying to stop private boosting with a couple of these achievments.

regarding killing with the loader. im sure i killed 3 ppl in arcade, but got no credit. the host (a random) did have mutators on. instagib and unlim ammo.

also playing with randoms is frustrating. you trying to get 10 kill with the shield and the other guys just run infrom of you. i still got 7 by luck.

btw, what is the match type i should be playing to quickly get 10 games playing as zeta. which is the quickest match type?

the 3rd day of gearsmas should "3 mings a playing" every cog player is ming.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #49
spxyu02

Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
regarding killing with the loader. im sure i killed 3 ppl in arcade, but got no credit. the host (a random) did have mutators on. instagib and unlim ammo.
I believe insta-gib may be what screws it up. I got 2 in my first "normal" playthrough, then went through and got a bunch in my arcade playthrough (casual/instagib/super-reload/infinite-ammo), but none of those counted.

I then went back and just loaded up Chapter 4 in normal/non-arcade, on casual, got to the loader bit, then every kill counted in the lower-right-pop-up-box-thingy. Had to reload 1x and got it with the first kill the next time (remember to just run past everyone in this point, jump in the loader, punch punch punch, leave 1 alive, then reload)
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #51
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Thanks for the videos Acidglow.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #52
Chimhog

Chimhog's Gamercard
With the 5 player Horde cheev, can it be:

2 players using split screen (that have the DLC)
1 extra player using Jace? (no DLC)

?
Chimhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Thanks for the videos, AcidGlow! Any others are welcome.

Guide is pretty much complete, might tweak a few things once I can play the campaign. Spent last night working on the MP stuff - got three Kims and 8 matches played. There are two tricks posted to try Foreshadowing (thanks to PMONEY23 for one of them), but like I said I managed three in only eight matches last night so some people may be luckier than others in finding them while playing normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimhog View Post
With the 5 player Horde cheev, can it be:

2 players using split screen (that have the DLC)
1 extra player using Jace? (no DLC) ?
I don't think anyone's tried that yet, but I have a feeling it would sort of work, only the people who don't have the DLC would not unlock it - the people who do have it should get it that way though.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 12-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #54
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard

Would that be Justified to go in the guide?

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #55
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM0NEY23 View Post
Ok, here is the trick that I been using and it works. What you do is get someone to host a lobby and invite 4 friends or whatever. Host should go ahead and search for standard quick match. Once everyone is in the game, the party leader backs out. When doing so, the remaining people in the lobby will no longer be in a party. After the first match you will get split up, hence no party leader/host. We have been doing this for some time now. I have tons of gears friends and we like to play against each other but like the xp from public vs private and the fact that teams randomize unlike private matches.

This was the first achievement I unlocked when I downloaded the DLC. I hope this is helpful.
Thanks for this! it worked like a charm!
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #56
taologos

tao logos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I like how this is already stickied and yet there is almost nothing helpful about it. The OP hasn't even played the DLC yet. If it were any other member posting, this wouldn't even have the chance of being stickied until fully complete.
That's because pants has a reputation of kick ass guides. Show some respect
Old 12-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #57
pauly_27

I have an idea for foreshadowing, but I can't try it right now due to being at work.

Could you not flood your internet download (ie, download several torrents or buffer several HD youtube videos) thus the game is more likely to put you into a quick match by yourself with bots, due to your connection being terrible.

It's similar to how some people got the Annex:now with execution rules in Gears 2, due to the fact you could never get the map you wanted.

Granted, you still have to get a Kim bot in your game, but obviously you can just end the game and try again immediately till you do.

Anyway, like I said I can't try it now, but if anyone could try it then it will save me some time later, and hey, it might actually work, making this annoying achievement a breeze.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #58
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Yeah, someone mentioned trying that a bit earlier. It should work in theory, but like you said you have to get lucky with the bot selection.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #59
pauly_27

Quote:
Yeah, someone mentioned trying that a bit earlier. It should work in theory, but like you said you have to get lucky with the bot selection.

Yeah, just thought it might be useful for some of us that don't have many Gears friends, like myself.

I might give this a whirl later on then.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #60
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM0NEY23 View Post
Is it ok for the party leader to rejoin the game after he has quit out?

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote