PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > RAAM's Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #61
debje

debje's Gamercard
sorry for the double post, but i just thought of something..

what if you start playing wingman?
players cant choose their character then, so chances are there will be 2 kim's in the game at some point. not every game, but still.

i already have the achievement, as mentioned in the above post and i hate wingman, so im not going to try and find out.

i just wanted to share my thoughts.
debje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #62
Shivettez

Shivettez's Gamercard
i switched my COG to Kim for people trying to boost.
Shivettez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #63
PrfctWeapon

PerfctWeapon's Gamercard
K, I'm getting PISSED. There is no karma on Live. I've been playing for 8 hours, every time I'm Kim, I let any RAAM's execute me. They they can't stick around to return the favor. I've been killed over 50 times now, I have 5 kills as RAAM....
PrfctWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #64
hockbird 69

xLoneWanderer77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by debje View Post
sorry for the double post, but i just thought of something..

players cant choose their character then, so chances are there will be 2 kim's in the game at some point. not every game, but still.

i already have the achievement, as mentioned in the above post and i hate wingman, so im not going to try and find out.

i just wanted to share my thoughts.
Even if 2 Kims did spawn in a game, you would still haver to be RAAM, so its not very likely

Moon Achievement Guide And Road Map Here
hockbird 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #65
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfctWeapon View Post
K, I'm getting PISSED. There is no karma on Live. I've been playing for 8 hours, every time I'm Kim, I let any RAAM's execute me. They they can't stick around to return the favor. I've been killed over 50 times now, I have 5 kills as RAAM....
I know right, I play as kim and I hate that character, I got executed as him 50+ times and I got 1 execution as RAAM... 1!!! and several the kims I tried to kill were the RAAMs who I pretty much let kill me (I put up a fight but didn't like go all try hard to stop them).
I'm just going to boost it.
Anyone wanna do co-op campaign then this hit me up... GT in Sig.
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack

Last edited by ZacAttack159357; 12-23-2011 at 04:26 AM.
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #66
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Today I played a couple of matches, and not one had someone playing as Kim. Its kinda getting old. I've been playing as Kim from day one. I'm getting hunted by multiple Raams every game. But those same players don't use Kim! Fucking stupid ass achievement.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #67
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It's honestly not that bad. I've got 6/10 already and have only played a few matches in the past week or so (as I've been working on the other achievements for RAAM's Shadow). If you're planning on playing this game until the next DLC is released, like me, then you shouldn't be complaining; it'll give you something to work for whilst you wait for the next content pack.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #68
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
I'll be honest, I love challenging achievements ... but this is becoming fucking unobtainable! I've been playing Gears since DLC launched and have seen 1 KIM on a team death match and managed to get 9! executions on him! - Haven't played against 1 KIM since! mental. I hate achievements that are out of your reach... requires minimal skill and requires a fuck load of luck.

Really wish EPIC would come up with some better achievements sometimes.

I need 1 more! And I play as Kim as I know that will help others yet no else is I swear! EVERYONE SET COG CHARACTER TO KIM PLEASE!!!

think of the community.lol

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #69
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemanOfWar16 View Post
I need 1 more! And I play as Kim as I know that will help others yet no else is I swear! EVERYONE SET COG CHARACTER TO KIM PLEASE!!!

think of the community.lol
I feel your pain!

I was stuck on 9 for 2 days with no luck. I just kept joining KOTH matches and checking to see if there was a Kim on the other side, if not I'd leave and join another. Got there in the end though.

I do you Kim as my COG character still, even though I don't really like him. So if anyone off these forums sees me in game, feel free to message me for some easy Kim kills

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #70
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
I have Kim as my cog so If anyone see me in KOTH I'll be glad to help if you return the favor
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #71
Brighton X

Send a message via AIM to Brighton X

SohoToBrighton's Gamercard
Personally, I like Kim, he's not my favoreite (Anthony Carmine) or the one I think is coolest looking (Mechanical Baird/Onyx Guard), but he'd probably be my third or fourth most played Gear if it wasn't for this Achievement. I played as him for one game of TDM and I was literally being chased around Thrashball by the entire team. My team actually won though because the other four would gun them down as they chased me, but it was very annoying and no fun. I just wish it worked both ways, that you could kill RAAM as Kim or Kim as RAAM, so it would at least be even.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #72
Resor

Resor POL's Gamercard
We should gather as many people wishing to boost this as possible at one time in several parties and try to match up. It's hard to meet you guys in random games even though I have written down all of your gamertags hoping I could find someone.
Resor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #73
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
I got it last night, I had RAAM and Kim as my characters until I unlocked it, now I'm going back to female characters for the Battle Mistress Medal.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #74
ConstantxMotion

CoNsTanT M0TioN's Gamercard
I already have 5/10.

He is very rare but I got all 5 from the same match

just gotta find another kim and hopefully net my achievement =]
ConstantxMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #75
IllMattIc

IllMattIc 82's Gamercard
I got 5 already and i'm willing to help anyone get this through boosting gamertag is IllMattIc 82.
IllMattIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #76
NewfieMan709

Send a message via MSN to NewfieMan709

NewfieMan709's Gamercard
This is by far the dumbest fucking achievement In all the gears series NO ONE PLAYS AS MINGH.And the ones that do seem imperveuse to bullets and are frigen tanks i am almost having a heart attack holy shit!!!!!!Some one HELP im losing my mind aghaghahgahgaghagha!!!!!!!!!
NewfieMan709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #77
ThePakirow

i played it in like 6 am of the saturday on execution, tried like 7 or 9 times with full bots, and played 3 matches in all, takes like 1 hour on max to complete the achieve ... was a easy one in fact
ThePakirow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #78
Resor

Resor POL's Gamercard
I heard not many people play Gears 3 around 5 AM so I went on execution and alpha playlist last night. In fact I saw less than 10 people playing alone or in pairs with 8-9 bots. Sometimes the game even created a match from scratch for me with 9 bots. I thought maybe there is someone who would like to boost it and can get up around 5 to meet me/us up.
Will give it a try again tonight 5 AM GMT. If you see me on execution/alpha, feel free to message me and we will beat this achievement.
Resor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #79
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePakirow View Post
i played it in like 6 am of the saturday on execution, tried like 7 or 9 times with full bots, and played 3 matches in all, takes like 1 hour on max to complete the achieve ... was a easy one in fact
How is it easy? I am just trying to understand the logic. Are you in the UK or North America?

Does playing at 6am in an execution match public not private guarantee that there will be BOTS and not human players?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #80
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by debje View Post
Yeah, but the problem is what you just said: you can't choose your character. So even if one of the teams is Kim, how will you be sure that you're playing as RAAM? Answer is that you can't. You'd have to be extremely lucky to end up as RAAM, have another team end up as Kim, and get to the Kims and get your executions before one of the other teams does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #81
pljharvey

Harvor's Gamercard
I'm up for boosting this cheevo where possible. Like the idea of msging people mid match to meet in corner of map to trade executions.

I'm keen to boosting what ever Cheevos need

I need
4 pay co op
Act 1 scene 1
Act 5 scene 1

Most of the horde map cheevos

Take it easy
Harvor
pljharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #82
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
second day the dlc was out I managed to get 5 kills, and since I have not seen Minh online at all! Of course this is excluding me, I can't very well kill meself

I see a lot of people say they're playing as Minh so I guess the question is what game type are you paying? Cos if everyone playing as Minh are playing something like TDM and I'm playing KOTH of course there's no chance I will bump into Minh

So I play KOTH a lot as Minh, what is everyone else playing so there's more of a chance of bumping into him
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #83
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
ill play minh until after xmas (maybe new year) so feel free to hunt me down. Ill be on quick match KoTH. I wont make it easy, but it will increase the surplus numbers on the servers
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #84
Dico

Deeeco's Gamercard
Im naff but I don't mind walking round with a huge target on my back. If anyone wants to come play the dance with no pants on my dead a$$ you're welcome! I'll be Minh every multiplayer round I play in.

And you guys should stop moaning about online cheevo's: Fifa 12; there's one thats pure luck and like winning the pools, people around the globe are raging about that one.. this is more of a case of obnoxious kids not playing ball
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #85
Mi5ter Ander5on

Mi5ter Ander5on's Gamercard
there is a way to boost this, when your in a match already, sent invites to your friends, they might end up on the locust team, then you guys can get the achievement together..... feel free to add me: Mi5ter Ander5on
Mi5ter Ander5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #86
Afro Ninja

Amrator x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Edit: Dammit I meant to post this in the Achievement Trading thread. My bad.

Last edited by Afro Ninja; 12-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Afro Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #87
Geoff66

I played this morning as Kim on purpose and when I'd switch to the Locust, of course there would be nobody as Kim. I did enjoy the extra attention I got as Kim. Only gave a few executions up...

I figure I'll stay as Kim until I get the achievement, and since I'm currently at 0/10, I'll be Kim for awhile.
Geoff66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #88
mental dan

mental dan's Gamercard
I also changed to Kim so people can get the achievement, so anybody wanting to help out I'm willing to help in return. GT= mental dan
mental dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #89
AbstraktumGER

Abstraktum's Gamercard
Well this morning was my first attempt to get this achievement

I started with lot's of HD youtube videos to get a lobby and it worked and I got a Kim Bot!

Managed to get 3 kills, then too many people connected.

After that I just played TDM and I managed to find a Kim and kill him 2 times (whoever you are, thanks man!)

So 5 kills in around 1 hour.

Wasn't that hard. So I hope I'll get the 5 other kills as fast as the first ones.
AbstraktumGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #90
tuga39

tuga39's Gamercard
wanted dead

i'll be online all night for that achieve UK TIME my GT is tuga39
Lets try people
tuga39 is offline   Reply With Quote