PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
squad deathmatch . . .

worse game type ever. i felt i was being purnished for not having friends who play this game.

though frustrating, got the 5 wins i needed and will likely never play this again.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
worse game type ever. i felt i was being purnished for not having friends who play this game.

though frustrating, got the 5 wins i needed and will likely never play this again.
Agreed! I am 1/2 way to a medal so I think I am going to stick it out a few more wins.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Same here. And by the way BBD, please my friend, if you see me on the battle field, please don't knife me lol...
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Sqdm

Anyone else hating this game type and feeling like this is gonna make them rage violently? Absolutely the worst game type they have imo

n33njah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=376942

so yes.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
Same here. And by the way BBD, please my friend, if you see me on the battle field, please don't knife me lol...
I played like 38 games just to get 5 wins for the weapon unlock.

but it's great fun when you're playing with 3 friends

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx's Gamercard
yes..... everytime I play it
xDEATHDEALERSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Quote:
I see you haven't met Drew before. Some say his heart is a black, lifeless, now defunct organ. Some say it isn't even a heart that beats within his chest. Others will tell you it is the very souls of his victims that keeps him breathing from one day to the next. Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, my poor friend, and somewhat like a well known oil driller, if BBDrew's knife reaches across the room and into your neck, HE DRINKS YOUR DOGTAGS. HE DRINKS THEM UP!

Trust me, I know.

On the topic of Squad Deathmatch I am undecided. I abhorred doing it for the assignment to get the L85A2 (it pushed the pre-patch FAMAS into my Top 5 since it was the only way to even the playing field) and on top of that I helped friends get theirs so by the time we were done I figured I might as well stick around to get the medal for 50 wins and as you can see here I have just the 50 ribbons necessary for the medal (out of a total 87 matches) and the same did go for Team Deathmatch but I've since won another 7 games of that.

Although afterwards I came to appreciate the challenge of SQDM and admire the squads who played it properly. Who stayed together, worked as a tight-knit group, almost always two medics and one support guy, the fourth having free-reign over their class. Reviving downed squadmates, resupplying, covering flanks, spotting. The kind of guys who put squad in Squad Deathmatch.
If only more than one other friend saw it that way then my usual squad could have actually made pretty easy work of anyone that tried their luck against us. A two man squad lacks the presence to really wreak the havoc needed to secure a win in that mode.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Benny34
Banned User

eh, i got the l86 in 8 sqdm games yes sqdm is shit i hate it.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
HE DRINKS YOUR DOGTAGS. HE DRINKS THEM UP!
He's closing in on 3000 niffin's... he's a freight train with that blade. Run Benny, there is nothing else to do.

Quote:
admire the squads who played it properly. Who stayed together, worked as a tight-knit group, almost always two medics and one support guy, the fourth having free-reign over their class. Reviving downed squadmates, resupplying, covering flanks, spotting. The kind of guys who put squad in Squad Deathmatch.
As much as I hated SQDM, this is as true as it gets. I played SQDM for the assignment and haven't gone back since, but almost word for word there was a constant flow of revives and ammo in the winning squads. Stuck almost exclusively to Assault if in a squad with guys who were killing machines, being a rez pony since I stink in the DM modes. Generally just followed the high scorers around and kept them alive with medkits and defibs, they took care of the rest.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
if you see me on the battle field, please don't knife me lol...
No guarantees. Best bet is to make sure you are on my team. If I have a repair torch or my defibrillator with me then its a 50/50 chance if you get knifed, zapped or fried.

Quote:
I see you haven't met Drew before. Some say his heart is a black, lifeless, now defunct organ. Some say it isn't even a heart that beats within his chest. Others will tell you it is the very souls of his victims that keeps him breathing from one day to the next. Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, my poor friend, and somewhat like a well known oil driller, if BBDrew's knife reaches across the room and into your neck, HE DRINKS YOUR DOGTAGS. HE DRINKS THEM UP!
This is mainly all folk lore. I heard he is a pretty nice guy that just likes those intimate melee encounters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
He's closing in on 3000 niffin's...
Man I remember when I reached my 10th service star, seems like it was only yesterday. My KPM has gone up to 19.18 with the knife and I am now 40% accurate! I think this week I am going to try to bang out some Conquest Dom, to get my Medal and knife kills up BTW, I noticed bf3stats is behind in updating the graphics, 31 kills away from SS #28

Last edited by BBDrew84; 09-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Lemons Optional

Smack Kitty's Gamercard
Squad deathmatch is shit. I'm glad I only need to win one for the ribbon
Lemons Optional is offline   Reply With Quote