PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #31
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Just got it.. totally lucky. A buggy wanted to kill me so i went out of the loader and killed those 2 with my M16, afterwards i jumped back in and found a Pioneer behind some trees lol, his first rocket missed and he was reloading.. so i took advantage out of him XD

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #32
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just got mine!

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #33
Dr4gOnsFuRy

This is beyond ridiculous, I was in a Skidloader and spotted a guy whos back was to me, then he lay prone so I thought perfect an easy kill, I began to drive up to him and then he turned around while prone and teased me until I got closer then he got up and moved out the way as I was about to him him. Another time I actually hit a guy but he got pushed back and then he shot a rocket to kill me. I am trying to go for it right now but every time I select Wake Island I get an error could not join message.

Dr4gOnsFuRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #34
eley223

Mad4Toast's Gamercard
Best way is to pair up, switch teams and meet on the beach at the back of B me and insane Kane got it within 5 minutes.
eley223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #35
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eley223 View Post
Best way is to pair up, switch teams and meet on the beach at the back of B me and insane Kane got it within 5 minutes.
Hes right, I parked under the second hanger ? and he ran down the side of the beach. It was funny the first time someone else on my team ran him down just as I was going to. We got it done tho within minutes so thats the best way if anyone wants to get it out of the way. Im glad I did, I was dying countless times trying.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #36
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Finally got mine. My friend told me two guys were prone in the hanger with the flag, right next to where you get the loader. I drove in, into the corner and all it did was launch one guy behind me and push the other guy away. My friend killed the guy I pushed and I backed up in frustration of thinking that I missed my easiest chance... and roadkill. The guy I launched was still behind me, running up to me to kill me and I ran him over in reverse.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:46 AM   #37
DethGrenade81

DethGrenade81's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
This is a common misconception. Humvees and other vehicles like it(russian vodnik) actually have pretty light armor and glass. Concentrated fire will easily penetrate these vehicles.
There are up-armored versions that have heavier armor and glass, but they are in short supply. Not saying you are wrong, though.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #38
girl overboard

girl overboard's Gamercard
Had the worst luck with this last night.

1) First round someone took it before me so I hopped on the back and rode around with him for the whole match. Something about 3 heavily armed soldiers hunched together on a speeding forklift is pretty funny to me, but anytime we found someone he'd jump out and shoot them as opposed to running them over, so fuck.

2) Chased after an enemy skidloader on foot for the whole of another match with my repair tool out (hoping to get the destroy vehicle assignment out of the way as well). Was pretty ridiculous cause this Hollywood chase went on for a good 10 minutes, but when I finally caught up with him he jumped out of the loader right at the last second forcing me to shoot him and his wee friend that spawned on him. Repaired the loader but the match was over.

3) Started at B for a change, drove drunkenly into one of the airport hangars waiting for someone to idle by unsuspectingly but instead a tank shows up. Got out of the loader to take care of the tank, some dickhead on my team steals my skidloader and drives off running over an enemy before my eyes in the process and leaves me there to reevaluate my life. Almost crying at this stage.

4) Played about 10 more rounds of Conquest on this map (so I can thank this achievement for my recent K/D ratio and added quit percentage) and as a reward for my perseverance I got run down by a skidloader whilst trying to javelin a tank.

Think I'm done with this game for a while.
girl overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #39
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl overboard View Post

1) First round someone took it before me so I hopped on the back and rode around with him for the whole match. Something about 3 heavily armed soldiers hunched together on a speeding forklift is pretty funny to me, but anytime we found someone he'd jump out and shoot them as opposed to running them over, so fuck.

2) Chased after an enemy skidloader on foot for the whole of another match with my repair tool out (hoping to get the destroy vehicle assignment out of the way as well). Was pretty ridiculous cause this Hollywood chase went on for a good 10 minutes, but when I finally caught up with him he jumped out of the loader right at the last second forcing me to shoot him and his wee friend that spawned on him. Repaired the loader but the match was over.

3) Started at B for a change, drove drunkenly into one of the airport hangars waiting for someone to idle by unsuspectingly but instead a tank shows up. Got out of the loader to take care of the tank, some dickhead on my team steals my skidloader and drives off running over an enemy before my eyes in the process and leaves me there to reevaluate my life. Almost crying at this stage.

4) Played about 10 more rounds of Conquest on this map (so I can thank this achievement for my recent K/D ratio and added quit percentage) and as a reward for my perseverance I got run down by a skidloader whilst trying to javelin a tank.

I don't mean to laugh but some moments you express here seem kinda funny. Like waiting under the hanger for someone but a tank appears ide be like oh shit.

Anyways, try getting a friend to help you with this and just wait under the hanger and have them on the enemy side and run them over. Easiest to do this way so that way your no constantly dying like I was over n over.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #40
girl overboard

girl overboard's Gamercard
It was menna be funny cause the whole thing just got so ridiclous. Anyway I dried my tears and got them both yesterday. Killed the same guy with the same skidloader twice to make up for it.
girl overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #41
rogernater

rogernater's Gamercard
Got this first time was just driving around and someone tried to follow me while shooting me with a pistol so i turned around and ran over him.
rogernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
It was menna be funny cause the whole thing just got so ridiclous. Anyway I dried my tears and got them both yesterday. Killed the same guy with the same skidloader twice to make up for it.
No Offense. . . but what the Actual Fuck is "Menna be"? Lol. Nice on the Skid loader Kills by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethGrenade81 View Post
There are up-armored versions that have heavier armor and glass, but they are in short supply. Not saying you are wrong, though.
Indeed, but it seems DICE is cheap and gave us the lesser armored Vehicles.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #43
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

I got quite lucky. I was in a party chat with friends, joined their game and got into the thing and was bombing around in it and one of my pals saw me coming and jumped out in front of me, I thought I was the luckiest SOB alive until I saw who I killed haha.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I think it's a matter of tact....and sheer dumb luck!!

I got mine when I parked it besides B to cap the objective, then when backing it out I ran someone over!! Dude obviously wasn't looking where he was going, I know I wasn't. Message to whoever that was: I'm so so sorry, but only a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O0mix0O View Post
Doesn't work But I did get it legit! Engineers think they only need 1 rocket to take these things down... They need 2 >: D
Win!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #45
BBDrew84

Finally got it, after getting killed twice in it a week ago I had not tried until tonight. After I got the kill I hopped out and stuck some c4 to it, drove to A and capped it then I hit the c4 and got a double kill. I hate that thing and will probably slap some c4 on it if I am ever near the damn thing.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #46
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

I saw a trailer last night on TV I didn't even know was out where a bunch of guys got in the skid loader placing C4 on it, drove it to a building jumping out waiting for it to go in and hit their triggers to blow it up. Funniest thing ive seen in a long time.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #47
BBDrew84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I saw a trailer last night on TV I didn't even know was out where a bunch of guys got in the skid loader placing C4 on it, drove it to a building jumping out waiting for it to go in and hit their triggers to blow it up. Funniest thing ive seen in a long time.
I watched that same video after I posted last night, and I laughed quite hard. I barely used the support class before this week and I do not know why I waited so long. I love that the class has C4, it is my new favorite weapon! I have 49 kills with it since Monday, I hope to get my service soon.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #48
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got so very lucky with my skidloader kill i drove it for less than a minute and got 2 kills with it.

so here's how it went down. I never looked up where it was on wake island I just knew it was on that map. I played a few matches on wake island. Never seen it. Lucky and unlucky for me at the same time was I found it because the enemy team was driving it, they happened to run me over with it. As soon as he killed me he got out and ran to the b flag. I spawned at b before it was neutralized. Ran over to the skidloader got in and took off, not even 5 seconds later and enemy ran out from behind a wall and I Roadkilled him. I roadkilled another guy. then was blown up by a chopper.
Persistance pays off you'll get it eventually. Good Luck

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #49
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

yesterday I was on Wake and when I turned around I saw this guy trying to run me over with the Skidloader. I sniped his head off.... I messaged him: "better luck next time buddy ".

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #50
El Bucz

El Bucz's Gamercard
Got it today, in a really weird way. My buddy said I was a pussy not having this achievement yet, so I waited for the skid loader, packed my ass into it and I got shot from a hill like 50m away, second I got in. I thought "Eh, what the hell" and ran straight for the dude who shot at me - he kept shooting, realoading, shooting, realoading and so on. When I was like 10m from him he stopped. Did nothing. Just crouched there and waited till I run over him. And got the cheevo.

El Bucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #51
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I will say that I'm enjoying killing people who are trying to roadkill peeps in the Skid Loader. There is nothing quite as amusing as watching a slow, yellow construction vehicle slowly lumbering towards you... I wish there was a statistic that showed how many people you killed who were driving the Skid Loader.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #52
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
i got it! it took forever but i watched as the sniper squealed when i drove into him
Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #53
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.
This still works. Just got it after many failed attempts to actually run people over. They kept shooting me or an enemy jet/chopper would take me out. I finally gave up and put down mines in random locations, then camped in the skid loader until someone drove over my mines.

The funny thing is that the enemy ended up all around me when I was camping. Since I didn't move though, they all thought I was part of the scenery (cuz there are some forklift vehicles that are not driveable) and completely ignored me. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4gOnsFuRy View Post
Another time I actually hit a guy but he got pushed back and then he shot a rocket to kill me.
That happened to me as well. I lined myself up and somehow I pushed the guy to the side instead of killing him. That's what set me off and made me decide to do the mines instead.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #54
secretkaos187

secretkaos187's Gamercard
I got it as an engineer...I put down mines and got a kill with them while in the skidloader. It is impervious to small arms fire.
secretkaos187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #55
Lord Arkhan

lord arkhan's Gamercard
Took me 2 or 3 tries but when I finally got it it was amazing. Ended up chasing an enemy up the runway toward the hanger. I only got him because he turned around right as I hit him. I can only imagine the look on his face.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #56
SabotageTk

SabotageTk's Gamercard
I got mine legit, but I went 1-13
SabotageTk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #57
BBDrew84

I thought this was pretty funny, I am sure some of you have seen this but for those of you who have not enjoy.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #58
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
That video was funny as hell!!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #59
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
I just got this on my second attempt. I was trying the mine method and eventually it worked out. I planted some at the airfield and was riding around in the Skid Loader and then I saw a buggy, so I coaxed it into following me along the path where my mines were. Thankfully it avoided the first set that I didn't lay and then fell into my trap.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #60
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:

nah, I think you'll be done with that stupid achievement. You're serious about stopping to play this game because of this achievement??

I'm not even trying to get this one. Just like that "Jaws" achievement it doesn't make any sense.

The "jaws" achievement would have been great if you had to swim from the carrier to the beach. .....THAT would be a Jaws achievement.....but swimming in a hotel pool??? No way !!

(although I did swim in the pool )

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote