PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Question NewGame+ screw up? HELP please

so after beating the game, i went to main menu and hit continue, then it told me about the NG+, etc...and i meant to select X Treme or whatever the hardest difficulty is, but somehow i saw it accidentally switched to the lowest difficulty right before i hit A. now how that happened i dont know, maybe i bumped the analog stick by accident.

anyway, now whenever i choose continue, it takes me to the start of the game in what i assume is the casual difficulty, and no way to re choose the difficulty.

after that i tried loading up the last level, and switching it to highest difficulty after the level started, then beat the end boss and the chievey didnt pop. i think the reason is because i didnt ENTER the level on that difficulty.

so would it work, now that the game should be set on X-Treme, for me to select the last level again, and i will enter the level on that difficulty, thereby registering that i beat it on that difficulty? or am i screwed and have to do the game over?

Last edited by shinobigarth; 10-17-2011 at 09:35 PM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Similar situation, dude. What I did was I played a bit on hardest difficulty while farming undone challenges, and then inevitably switched to easy mode to do these challenges, forgetting that I need it to be on hardest throughout for the glitch to work.

Looks like it's an entire playthrough before I get the credits and the choice to do another NG+ again.

I'm skipping it by the way.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Phil the Bear

Phil the Bear's Gamercard
If it helps either of you I made a similar screw up to both of you. It took me 2 hours 45 mins to run through the game on easy again. Then about 30 mins to kill the last boss on the hardest setting.

Just gives you an idea of how much time you need to sink in to it.

Phil the Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
A DANCING EWOK

A DANCING EWOK's Gamercard
I think this is bullshit. I did this as well and now I'm going to have to play through for a freaking third time. I mean common it's bad enough that this is a short game. It should allow every time for you to choose the difficulty if you beat the last level. Epic Fail on their part!
A DANCING EWOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
nathanshown

Send a message via AIM to nathanshown Send a message via Yahoo to nathanshown

nathanshown's Gamercard
I did the same thing. Best thing to do is not think about it. Block it out of your mind. Set it to easy. And blaze through skipping everything. Took me 2 hours to rush through. Got my 1000/1000 and taking it back to redbox
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
LausDomini

LausDomini's Gamercard
CRAP!! I did the same thing. The Roadmap doesn't tell you how to replay missions (Select Load Game -> Load Character -> Select Mission) and so I tried to access the missions from the Continue screen and of course selected Easy difficulty again which screws this up.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yep I just got my 900/1000 and was so stupid and hit continue. God I am a fu*king moron. Ah well, it was easy enough the first time.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
BrenteusMaximus

BrenteusMaximus's Gamercard
Man I did that too. Not that an easy playthrough will be tough but it will definitely be tedious as all hell. Especially not being able to skip the god awful dialogue and boring-as-watching-cars-rust cutscenes. Worst thing is, if you accidentally go into the continue menu, you can't even go back and select it later, which is what i tried to do. What a bunch of poop.

Last edited by BrenteusMaximus; 02-13-2012 at 03:05 PM.
BrenteusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #9
Septic

SepticSchizo's Gamercard
You select load game, the one that says you completed the game and from there you can access mission select.

Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG I messed up and have to play through again. Just so I am 100% on what I need to do now I need to play though again on easy and make sure on ng+ when I continue after completing it to select the hardest I can load chapter 8 and finally finish.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
ICEMAN TNK

SnakeEyes TNK's Gamercard
Im glad im not the only one that screwed this up, and glad i only rented this on my gamepass, lol. And gazmaster, yes what u need to do is fly through it on easy again by hitting continue, finish the game and then continue again and select hardest difficulty when prompted while starting your new game. Then when game begins quit to menu, load game and select mission 8
ICEMAN TNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
perryboy26

strapxassassin1's Gamercard
Well mutha fucker. Looks like I'm playing this piece of shit again

Xbox live gamertag: Strapxassassin1
perryboy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #13
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
joy of joys.. i can play through again!!! fuckadoodledoo
100% RPG's: 40 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
LOL I did the same thing...only I can't force myself to sit through it again. Disappointed that the guys who made Too Human(a game I love) made this horrible game.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
diseased maniac

diseased maniac's Gamercard
I should have read the forums....*sigh*

I blew my new game + too and saw a forum post later about this very problem. I enjoyed the game though and I played it again for the full 1000. I was not happy about that glitch though...
diseased maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
ElementalFiend

ElementalFiend's Gamercard
I did the same thing, someone needs to post a warning in the fuckin road map. I'd do it myself but I don't know how.
ElementalFiend is offline   Reply With Quote