PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Orcs Must Die!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This or "Dungeon Defenders"?

So I posted a similar thread in the Dungeon Defenders forums and have gotten a very one sided response. I was curious if I asked the same question here if it would be different.

My brother just got Orcs Must Die! but I have been eyeing up Dungeon Defenders. Any suggestions to which would be better? While gameplay I am sure is different, they are similar in form (tower defense/strategy). I liked Dunegon Defenders because of the rpg feel and co-op. But a number of people are saying that "Orcs Must Die!" is a potential candidate for XBLA game of the year. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
anomalous views

anomalous views's Gamercard
both!!!! They are both rocking!!!

You read real good.
anomalous views is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
NoThru22

Send a message via AIM to NoThru22

Macello's Gamercard
Based on value and fun factor, I'd say Dungeon Defenders by a mile. This is still a AAA arcade title.
NoThru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I suppose it depends. You have friends who play the same kinds of games? You plan on doing co-op alot? If so, get Dungeon Defenders. If you're gonna be playing alone, get Orcs Must Die. Just going off the trial I'd say Dungeon Defenders is alot harder solo than with a group. It's just that kinda game, built around multiple people defending the objective. So, if you're alone, it could probably get really frustrating. But if you're the co-op sort & you've got XBL friends who will play it with you, go for it.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Likkel

Van Uden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
I suppose it depends. You have friends who play the same kinds of games? You plan on doing co-op alot? If so, get Dungeon Defenders. If you're gonna be playing alone, get Orcs Must Die. Just going off the trial I'd say Dungeon Defenders is alot harder solo than with a group. It's just that kinda game, built around multiple people defending the objective. So, if you're alone, it could probably get really frustrating. But if you're the co-op sort & you've got XBL friends who will play it with you, go for it.
Winning answer right there. For solo play get Orcs must Die, for co-op get Dungeon Defender. They're both exquisite!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
NuVioN

NuVioN's Gamercard
They both are on sale right now! Buy both while they are on sale. I havent played Dungeon defenders but I have heard good things if you play it with a friend. Orcs must die is a blast!
NuVioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Ishtiyaq786

Ishtiyaq786's Gamercard
worth getting orcs must die. Just wish i had waited a week coz its just dropped by 50%. i did the same thing with renegade ops.
i've got the worst luck!!
Ishtiyaq786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
The Real Captain

Cpt USMC's Gamercard
ORCS MUST DIE is wayyyyy funner then DD... the game is good... it just dont got shit on this game... amazing tower defense game! as good as defense grid everyone loves
The Real Captain is offline   Reply With Quote