PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
General Questions Before [Re]Starting This Game

So I haven't played this game since 2009, and now I've just ordered the GOTY editions for me and a friend and want to play through it all again, and play through all the DLCs for the first time. My concern was just various glitches and such I've read about, wondering if they still exist (good ones and bad ones).

1. I've seen some glitches with The Secret Armory: is there still a problem with the armory doors closing for good and screwing you out of quests/achievements? Has this been patched?

2. Has the Crawmerax exploit spot been patched?

3. Has the Claptrap Revolution collectible quest issue been patched? The guide seems to suggest so.

4. Have the Made In Fyrestone and Made in New Haven, as well as the "Get X kills with y weapon" achievements been patched? The achievement guide references a potential patch to fix these issues.

5. Is weapon duplicating still possible with the drop weapon -> dashboard technique?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Past Gen Hero

Triad Thunder's Gamercard
1. There are still issues with this glitch, but I don't know if it only happens on pre-GOTY editions or not. I own the GOTY edition myself, and did not encounter this glitch in either of my playthroughs. However, you could still get screwed if you happen to join a random's game where he/she has the glitch, and it could cause your armory quests to become incomplete. I'd say as long as you stay away from randoms online (just in case), then you should have no worries.

2. As far as I know, you can still use the spot. Some people can never get it to work, while others can after very few attempts. It's one of those deals where it's not 100% all the time, but luck seems to have a lot to do with it.

3. Apparently, there was a fix, but it still takes forever to get all of them. I had to actually farm "X" (no spoilers) a good 3 or 4 times (with an average farm time of 3-4 hours) just to get all mine, so prepare yourself accordingly for this. My achievements did unlock though.

4. To my knowledge, yes, it has. I never had a problem with it during my playthroughs.

5. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can still use this method to duplicate weapons.

Hope this helps.
Past Gen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote