PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
minimalism
Banned User

i don't get why so many people bash this game.

it wasn't as polished as FO3, hell, it wasn't as great as FO3, but it did do a lot of things better than FO3.

-more varied, unique weapons
-A LOT more questing
-much higher level cap, 50 with all of the DLC.
-more frequent combat, with more enemy variety
-more challenging than FO3

people bash this game because of the bugs, but i honestly didn't experience that many. the occasional freeze here, the enemy clipping underground there, but nothing too serious.

so what's the deal? this has to be the most underrated game of 2010.
minimalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
Pointless thread.

Most people had many bugs. Not you congrats!
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
minimalism
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHRiSCOe View Post
Pointless thread.

Most people had many bugs. Not you congrats!
lol, what a dick post. "pointless thread". if it was so pointless you wouldn't even bother posting in it. you know what's a "pointless thread"? the thousands of threads here saying they have bugs in NV. we all know the game has bugs, no need to make 1,000 threads about it.

these mythological bugs that people have are usually extremely exaggerated. an enemy clips through a wall, or flys into the air. so what? it isn't game breaking. are people that uptight? there's been a bunch of updates anyway, so it isn't like obsidian doesn't care. bunch of spoiled ass gamers. wah wah! the bandit disappeared! give me a break.

Last edited by minimalism; 12-15-2011 at 04:20 AM.
minimalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I completely agree; I never encountered any of these reputable "game-breaking" glitches that lots of people apparently had. However, I have heard of the corrupt save/DLC and believe in its existence (because it happened to me once), but it was easily resolved by loading a previous save. I'm assuming all those people that called it quits and gave all the negative feedback didn't have any previous saves and it was thus their fault for not saving frequently (which is highly recommended, especially for a game like Fallout).
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Lunchbox L1

Lunchbox L1's Gamercard
I agree mini... I love this game....not as much as Fallout 3 but its very close.
Lunchbox L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
I love this game! Thing is, people are ALWAYS comparing the games to their predecessors (or however it is written). Fallout 3 set a quite high bar, so people just bash this game.

Its a great game, never had any bugs or glitches that broke my game either.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game was a lot of fun. I played many hours on it.... I guess I enjoyed it more then some people because I also didn't have any game breaking bugs.
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
I like this game 10x more than Fallout 3, which I felt was very unpolished.

Need help with a game ?
If I still own it, I'll be glad to help, just message me and I'll try to work it out.
dwayne_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
skaghead

Skaghead's Gamercard
I came to this game as a massive fan of Fallout 3 (200hrs+) and initially was disappointed in the sparseness of the world , the bugs and other glitches . However after giving it a second and third go , i have found this game to be a deeper and more rewarding game ( ignoring Dead Money DLC - aweful experience only good for buying for the level cap increase)
Stick with it and you will be rewarded , my next play through im going to favour the Legion
skaghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
AKirk93

AKirk93's Gamercard
You know minimalism, I agree with everything you said. The larger number of quests made the game last a lot longer than Fallout 3 for me. I never experienced any of these game-breaking bugs either, the game froze a couple of times, but so did Fallout 3 and Oblivion, so I was used to it.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #11
HareJordan23

I Wesker I's Gamercard
my i only complaint is the freezing in this game. it occurs at the hover dam a lot and a couple times during dead money.

i still enjoy playing though.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
It's simple really. If you grew up with Fallout 1 and 2. You like New Vegas more.

If you never played any of them until Fallout 3, you like Fallout 3 more.

Playing Fallout 3, while it was fun, wasn't really a Fallout game. It was Bethesda's "Our collection of wacky and cool ideas" game. It was a rehash of Fallout 1 and 2's story, pointless SPECIAL attributes, bad scripting and absolutely zero consequences for your actions.

Bethesda is awesome for bringing the series back, but please, stay on Elder Scrolls and let Obsidian stay on Fallout.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Depending on when it was played can be the difference in opinion. I did like the game but got it Day 1 and there were so many bugs that I shelved it until a couple patches later.
If you started it recently then most of the bugs got squashed and it was a smoother playing experience. The Day 1 disappointement in the game when a lot of Fallout 3 fans started playing it had a huge fallout of opinion (pun intended ).
It is just many of those Day 1 bugs should have been squashed before it was released. Not saying the release should have been perfect but it could have been cleaner.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 AM   #14
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
It's simple really. If you grew up with Fallout 1 and 2. You like New Vegas more.

This. New Vegas has so many more references to Fallout 1 & 2. Seeing Advanced Power Armor and the Plasma Caster in 3D was an amazing rush of nostalgia.

But the reason people bash this game so much is because of how spoiled the current generation of gamers are. Most of them are teenagers that were raised on Call of Duty type games with top-of-the-line graphics and gameplay that requires no thinking whatsoever.

Also, the only game-breaking glitch that I came across was a corrupted save file that made me have to start all over again (no previous save file). If this were any other game, I wouldn't have even bothered starting a new game and just given up.

C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #15
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I enjoyed every minute of this game, and ran in to no glitches. Also enjoyed all the DLC too.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Quote:

Playing Fallout 3, while it was fun, wasn't really a Fallout game. It was Bethesda's "Our collection of wacky and cool ideas" game. It was a rehash of Fallout 1 and 2's story, pointless SPECIAL attributes, bad scripting and absolutely zero consequences for your actions.

Bethesda is awesome for bringing the series back, but please, stay on Elder Scrolls and let Obsidian stay on Fallout.

I would disagree with this. Being a Fallout 1/2/Tactics owner, I still enjoyed FO3 much more than NV. NV improved ALOT on FO3, no doubt. However, I just cannot get into the NV setting and atmosphere. I loved DC and the Brotherhood/Enclave rivalry.

Nothing against NV, as it was a great experience. Hell, at launch, my friends and I spent the first 2 weeks playing "iron man" fallout. That is, normal difficulty, hardcore mode on, and if you die from anything other than a glitch, you delete your character and start over. And it was a BLAST!

I'm just now getting to Lonesome Road (played everything else on release, but LR launched on the same day as Gears, which tied me up until AC:R, Skyrim, etc.).

In the end though, I keep thinking to myself "if only these weapons/perks/hardcore mode/etc would have been implemented in FO3, oh what a game".

To each his own I guess

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I finally figured out how to enjoy New Vegas like I did Fallout 3. Ignore the story completely. Just walk around. Things happen.

I do have one problem though. I started a new game to get the Gun Runners achievements and as I walked around, I thought about all the cool things that were in New Vegas. Then I remembered, "Oh, wait. That was Fallout 3. And so was that, and the other thing. Hmm..."

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
I would sell both of my testicles if Bethesda were to remake Fallout 2 using the Fallout 3 (oblivion) engine. Would be, hands down, the greatest game ever made.

C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
Clocktowers

As far as I can tell I'd say that New Vegas is infact more polished than Fallout 3. I've not experienced any of these so called game-breaking glitches in New Vegas yet, on the other hand in Fallout 3 I've had constant frame-rate lag and the occasional corrupt save. I still prefer Fallout 3 because of the content in the game.
Clocktowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
StreamLiner98

StreamLiner98's Gamercard
This game was brighter then FO3 and I think that made this game more beautiful and when at night the skyline of New Vegas is just gob-smacking
StreamLiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
I didn't understand why this game was put down either

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
outlaw2448

outlaw2448's Gamercard
I played it when it first came out up until Dead Money DLC. Then I ran into a game-ending glitch. I couldn't get past the first mission in Dead money because the game didn't recognize that I had all 3 companions. So I actually traded it in, and waited until just recently with in the last week picked it back up again and restarted Dead Money now i'm enjoying the game again. Still like FO3 better than FONV, glad to see the bugs that I ran into have been destroyed

100% Arcade
4 games

1000 gamerscore, but not 100%
Halo 3
Fallout 3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Left 4 Dead
L.A Noire
outlaw2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
AtomicThumbs

AtomicThumbs's Gamercard
I loved New Vegas and it's a great game -- superior to Fallout 3 even -- but Fallout 3 had a much better game world.
AtomicThumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #24
FeatherbottomMR

I haven't played FO3 yet... but I really enjoyed New Vegas
Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
While you like Fallout series and apparently Dexter I will just say "this guy has taste, leave him alone", I too have to disagree on this.

If Obsidian were the ones making Fallout games the franchise will die. They were broke, Bethesda did them a favor to put them into Zenimax group when they could had said "fuck it, we already buy the franchise to this dying developers, leave them disappear". They were lots of years programing a never to be released Fallout 3 that looks awful because it was basically like Fallout 1 and 2, great games IN THEIR PROPER TIMES. Iīm no graphic whore and donīt think everything is old is suppose to be buried in time, but this games can only attract certain kind of players on this days, hardcore RPG retros, which I stop been a long time ago like most of mankind (well, at least that part of the mankind that use to be hardcore RPG retros).

Bethesda did bring some new blood to a forgotten franchise, new concepts to new times that fit well without sacrificing the main things about the original games and actually make the post-apocalypse plot be on the spot again after a decade (Iīm looking at you Borderlands and Rage). Besides, if the Bethesda version is so bad, why did the original creators rely on that version to create Fallout:NV ? Maybe itīs because 1- while Bethesdaīs Fallout 3 may have his flaws, was a jaw-breaking game at the time (and still is) 2- Obsidian just canīt make an engine for themselves anymore, we talking about the people that mainly is been making bad parts 2 to other developers games with a recycled engine, which can classified them as moders more than developers.

Oh, and donīt forget, their actual wishes for the franchise itīs to go into MMO...yeah, the creators think that will make the franchise awesome . Please gaming gods, donīt allow Fallout to be an obsidian property again or for somebody else that is not Bethesda.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #26
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
While you like Fallout series and apparently Dexter I will just say "this guy has taste, leave him alone", I too have to disagree on this.

If Obsidian were the ones making Fallout games the franchise will die. They were broke, Bethesda did them a favor to put them into Zenimax group when they could had said "fuck it, we already buy the franchise to this dying developers, leave them disappear". They were lots of years programing a never to be released Fallout 3 that looks awful because it was basically like Fallout 1 and 2, great games IN THEIR PROPER TIMES. Iīm no graphic whore and donīt think everything is old is suppose to be buried in time, but this games can only attract certain kind of players on this days, hardcore RPG retros, which I stop been a long time ago like most of mankind (well, at least that part of the mankind that use to be hardcore RPG retros).

Bethesda did bring some new blood to a forgotten franchise, new concepts to new times that fit well without sacrificing the main things about the original games and actually make the post-apocalypse plot be on the spot again after a decade (Iīm looking at you Borderlands and Rage). Besides, if the Bethesda version is so bad, why did the original creators rely on that version to create Fallout:NV ? Maybe itīs because 1- while Bethesdaīs Fallout 3 may have his flaws, was a jaw-breaking game at the time (and still is) 2- Obsidian just canīt make an engine for themselves anymore, we talking about the people that mainly is been making bad parts 2 to other developers games with a recycled engine, which can classified them as moders more than developers.

Oh, and donīt forget, their actual wishes for the franchise itīs to go into MMO...yeah, the creators think that will make the franchise awesome . Please gaming gods, donīt allow Fallout to be an obsidian property again or for somebody else that is not Bethesda.
I totally agree with that. I would add that Obsidian proved to be a very good sequel maker with others franchises like Fallout or Star Wars KOTOR but terribly sucks for original games of their own, remember AlphaProtocol.
An old franchise can't simply be brought back exactly the way it was the first time because it will not attract enough people to be profitable.

As for the glitches I didn't have too much problems, the game freezes sometimes but that's all, this is why Fallout is one of the games I will never sell because I know I'll start another playthrough some day.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
It gets bashed because of the game-breaking corrupt save freezing issues. 24 hours in and was absolutely in love, when my game started freezing like crazy. It's now unplayable. What a joke of an engine.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
It gets bashed because of the game-breaking corrupt save freezing issues. 24 hours in and was absolutely in love, when my game started freezing like crazy. It's now unplayable. What a joke of an engine.
That sucks I guess I was lucky because I didn't have any game breaking glitches
Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #29
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
i had a lot of problems with this game..so much so that as much as i loved it it made me sick and i just gave up on it..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #30
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Hate to say bugs have killed my desire to play this game for now, aside from that it's a RPG masterpiece, really too bad about the crash prone engine.
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote