PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #31
Poppygalaxy

poppygalaxy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
is there any known glitches with this? i just did it on karg island and didnt get the cheevo. which is fucking bullshit, its not as if you can keep doing it on a whim.
No offense, but are you sure you used a Assault rifle and a MBT (T-90A, M1 ABRAMS)?

Never heard of any glitches for this achievement.

Poppygalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #32
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppygalaxy View Post
No offense, but are you sure you used a Assault rifle and a MBT (T-90A, M1 ABRAMS)?

Never heard of any glitches for this achievement.
no offence taken, but i did fullfill all requirements. ill describe what i did;
got a kill in A10 thunderbolt(which took fuckin' ages), jumped out landed the parachute, got 2 kills with the L85A2, got in a LAV-25 getting 7 kills and realising it didnt count as a tank even though it pretty much is, but i waited for the enemy t-90 to spawn, jumped in that and got a kill, looked at the score board and was 11-0 and it didnt pop.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #33
Poppygalaxy

poppygalaxy's Gamercard

Quote:
no offence taken, but i did fullfill all requirements. ill describe what i did;
got a kill in A10 thunderbolt(which took fuckin' ages), jumped out landed the parachute, got 2 kills with the L85A2, got in a LAV-25 getting 7 kills and realising it didnt count as a tank even though it pretty much is, but i waited for the enemy t-90 to spawn, jumped in that and got a kill, looked at the score board and was 11-0 and it didnt pop.
I have seen that allot of people complain that plane score in rush don't actually count after the recent patch. Some have also said that the A-10 did not count for them while the SU-25TM did. I have no conformation what so ever but i think this might be the issue

I remember one guy said he had over 6 kills in jet but did not receive the "Air Warfare" ribbon. so his kills did not count, at least not as jet kills.

I would say try Conquest. I now that jet kills count there, for me at least.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #34
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppygalaxy View Post
I have seen that allot of people complain that plane score in rush don't actually count after the recent patch. Some have also said that the A-10 did not count for them while the SU-25TM did. I have no conformation what so ever but i think this might be the issue

I remember one guy said he had over 6 kills in jet but did not receive the "Air Warfare" ribbon. so his kills did not count, at least not as jet kills.

I would say try Conquest. I now that jet kills count there, for me at least.
ok cheers ill try that sometime, i am a predominantly rush player but i can tolerate a couple conquest games, i certainly wont be attempting this in the f 35 though, that thing sucks. cheers again.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #35
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
ok cheers ill try that sometime, i am a predominantly rush player but i can tolerate a couple conquest games, i certainly wont be attempting this in the f 35 though, that thing sucks. cheers again.
That's funny I've read alot of bitching about the f-35 but it's the only jet i've managed to kill anyone with 3 total in the 2hours i've flown the damn thing.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #36
Poppygalaxy

poppygalaxy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
That's funny I've read alot of bitching about the f-35 but it's the only jet i've managed to kill anyone with 3 total in the 2hours i've flown the damn thing.
The resound for most of the bitching is because it can't keep up whit the dogfight capabilities of the RU's SU-35BM, not even close.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #37
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
I am no big fan of the F-35 it's slow, has a crappy turn radius, and has no power to it. In real life the jet is amazing and I feel they used stats from an old harrier.
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #38
Irish Shadow

Neurodrive's Gamercard
I agree that the F-35 is garbage, but yet I managed 2 kills in it (have gotten no kills with any other jet).

Going for the Third Tour achievement on Wake Island Conquest, I got the F-35 kill and immediately got excited because I thought by some miracle I could get Complete Warrior as well and never burden myself with a jet again. So after getting the kill I parachuted and aimed myself for the one base that was still under my team's control hoping to grab a tank. I land, run to the base, and notice an enemy soldier is taking the base. No biggie I thought to myself, I'll just get my rifle kill on him and then get the tank for a basically guaranteed kill. As I sneak through a building at the base, I peer out the door and see that the enemy soldier is in a tank. Well, fuck. I turn tail and start going back through the building to escape but it was too late. The bastard had thermal optics and blasted me.

Oh well...it'll only be another several hours or days of playing before I manage to get another jet kill...

Retail Gamerscore Percentage: 46,876/47,735 = 98.13%
Achievement Percentage: 2,043/2,065 = 98.92%
Irish Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #39
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shadow View Post
I agree that the F-35 is garbage, but yet I managed 2 kills in it (have gotten no kills with any other jet).

Going for the Third Tour achievement on Wake Island Conquest, I got the F-35 kill and immediately got excited because I thought by some miracle I could get Complete Warrior as well and never burden myself with a jet again. So after getting the kill I parachuted and aimed myself for the one base that was still under my team's control hoping to grab a tank. I land, run to the base, and notice an enemy soldier is taking the base. No biggie I thought to myself, I'll just get my rifle kill on him and then get the tank for a basically guaranteed kill. As I sneak through a building at the base, I peer out the door and see that the enemy soldier is in a tank. Well, fuck. I turn tail and start going back through the building to escape but it was too late. The bastard had thermal optics and blasted me.

Oh well...it'll only be another several hours or days of playing before I manage to get another jet kill...
Play conquest on Caspian Border. Most games are filled with inexperienced pilots who just fly pretty terribly. Been jumping in and out of conquest games on this map and Operation Firestorm a few times and already have 3000 points in jets.

Trust me, I was absolutely terrible at flying, but after these maps and more practice, I am doing pretty well.

If you need help, just message me on xbox and I will show you in-game.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 12-26-2011 at 12:25 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #40
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
I've got in Caspian border Conquest.
I've got in a jet and did a double kill (I shot down an helicopter) then I came back in the spawn got in a tank,went to A,killed 3 people with the tank and in the end I've got out of the tank killed a sniper that was running with the m416 and then Achievement popped
complete warrior 20GS and I said Fuck yeah!!!
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #41
girl overboard

girl overboard's Gamercard
I got this today! In the F35 on Wake Island!

For a start I can't fly jets for shit with only one vehicle disabled to my name and zero kills (only unlocked flares by dropping mines and getting the engineer points while flying around) but I wanted the Third Tour achievement so bad I've been shitting up Wake Island for the past few days, trying any pathetic way I could to get a kill.

If I hadn't have got it today I eventually would've tried the dropping mines thing over and over until I unlocked missiles or something but rather than do that I just started wasting F35s to the point where I was trying to drive them on the road like a car to maybe get a tank kill or something, getting shot by planes, tanks and anything else I happened to fly close enough to, then waiting for another F35 to spawn so I could do it again.

So I'm driving my jet casually down the road when it hits a rock or something and ends up pointing at this awkward angle. Luckily for me this awkward angle is aiming directly at a smoking helicopter, so I shoot it a few times, get a Vehicle Disabled, begin to cry as it flies away but then my F35 (as if possessed by somebody competent) begins following it while shooting and I actually got the kill and the achievement

So I'm freaking out at this stage cause I'm in the air but I don't exactly know where in the air because my eyes still can't believe what they're seeing so I jump out of the plane hoping maybe I can parachute to a tank and get the complete warrior achievement while I'm here (because I will never again get another jet kill, just like the guy above me) and I land on the beach close to A and see some guy running around so I shoot him rather uneventfully, then I get in the tank at the occupied A base and some sniper is running around in and out of the houses trying to dodge me but I hunt him down like Terminator 2 and eventually I get him and it pops, literally just before midnight so I got the achievement on 25/12 aka my Christmas miracle :}

I know that's a lot of words but I'm pretty sure this will remain my one and only jet kill in this game so whatever, I'm overexcited. Oh and this takes me to 1000+ points on this game, the only achievements I need now are the multiplayer campaign ones I probably won't get unless I get over my fear of talking to strangers x[
girl overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #42
Z3RO 5IGN4L

Groove Injecter's Gamercard
Did all the requirements and my achievement did not pop?

"Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets"
Z3RO 5IGN4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #43
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3RO 5IGN4L View Post
Did all the requirements and my achievement did not pop?
did the same to me on rush, apparently the game sometimes doesn't record kills in rush and this cheevo is better aquired in conquest, although i haven't bothered with trying again cause its fuckin' bullshit that it didn't unlock in the first place.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #44
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I did it guys! HOLY SHIT, I did it!

CQ on Caspian Border, got a double on a tank with the jet, got out, got a kill with my gun on a engineer, got in the engineers tank, got a kill with it.

Happiest moment of my BF career.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #45
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post
I did it guys! HOLY SHIT, I did it!

CQ on Caspian Border, got a double on a tank with the jet, got out, got a kill with my gun on a engineer, got in the engineers tank, got a kill with it.

Happiest moment of my BF career.
that's great!!!...It really sounds really easy when you tell it like that LOL

and we all know it is NOT

Last edited by BSH 1975; 12-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.
BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #46
Sargeant Renkor

Sargeant Renkor's Gamercard
Cool

What happened for me was I was playing Wake Island Conquest of course, and i was riding a tank to B (I had stolen it from that little depot next to B) and i obviously killed people on the way. Some guy with a RPG had damaged my tank too much so i got out, shot him, and fought my way to B. I capped B, and then stole one of their jets, flew around, got my kill with the jet, and bloop!
Sargeant Renkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #47
RaidenRain7

Send a message via MSN to RaidenRain7

RaidenRain7's Gamercard
tks for help dude!
RaidenRain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #48
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
i just got it!

Here's how i did it on Wake Island:

1. Got in F-35, flew in hover mode towards a helicopter and shot that b*tch down with heatseekers + machinegun.
2. I parachuted down and ran toward tank, shot and destroyed the SKIDLOADER
3. Jumped off and found a guy I killed with my FAMAS near B.

CHEEVO UNLOCKED!

For tips on F35: SHOOT/DESTROY those HELICOPTERS. It's easier than chasing down enemy jets
Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #49
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
HOLY CRAP I FINALLY GOT IT!

After many, many hours wasted joining games, flying around, getting shot down, not being able to shoot anything, getting assists and vehicle destroys but no kills, I was put into a Conquest match on Gulf of Oman. I spawned as a Russian and eventually, got control of a flanker.

After a couple of minutes of mindless flying, I decided to fly near their aircraft carrier. That's when I noticed a boat in the water. I decided to shoot at it and guess what happened?

BOOM DOUBLE KILL!

I automatically turned around, put on my afterburners, and headed back to the base. I ejected, getting into the T-90 that was sitting right there, and I headed towards the city.

I noticed that D was being taken so I went in that direction. I saw a guy sitting there so I just obliterated him with the tank. I noticed that it was still being taken, so I got out and waited. Sure enough, an enemy runs out and I take him down with my M416.

Bleep Bloop.

FUCK YES! Now I never have to use another jet ever again.

PS, I can confirm that the achievement is glitched on Rush. I fulfilled all of the requirements and never got it, so stick to conquest everyone. Good luck!
Dark Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #50
xMidget_Furyx

stupid question but how do you go into hover mode in the F-35?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #51
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Just slow down and you will go into hover mode
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #52
pikeyjustnickit

pikeyjustnickit's Gamercard
got mine today gulf of omen got a kill in f35 bailed out only to realise i was support lucky i was wiv my pal who suiceded and came back as asault ........then suicided again to leave me his kit jumped in a tank at the base killed someone on the way to the city then used my friends gun wiv some big ass 12x scope on it in close quarters killed someone in a house then up it popped thank fuck

Last edited by pikeyjustnickit; 01-03-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: forgot some shit
pikeyjustnickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:27 AM   #53
SabotageTk

SabotageTk's Gamercard
Quote:
hold left trigger until your engine goes vertical. Then you press/hold the after burners (L3) to keep altitude..
SabotageTk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #54
Lord of Rage

Lord of Rage's Gamercard
So I got a kill with an A10 in Operation Firestorm (rush), then parachuted my way to an Abrams and got 2 kills with it, one with the machine gun and the other with the main cannon. I bail out of the tank, and got a kill with my AEK-971 and nothing happened. This is bullshit man!!!

Lord of Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #55
itsnotunusual

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
Apparently the A-10 is not counted as a jet for whatever reason. Check Battlelog and you will see that there is no Jet Unlocks for the A-10. I suppose this is the reason it doesn't give you the achievement rather than being a Rush problem.
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #56
El Bucz

El Bucz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotageTk View Post
hold left trigger until your engine goes vertical. Then you press/hold the after burners (L3) to keep altitude..
A question here - when the engine goes vertical, you say to use afterburners (L3 is Left Analog, right?) and I hover - and when I do does the controls change to more or less those of a chopper? I mean in a chopper one uses the triggers to go up/down and the analogs to move the chopper's nose up/down. The same with a hovering F35?

El Bucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #57
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bucz View Post
A question here - when the engine goes vertical, you say to use afterburners (L3 is Left Analog, right?) and I hover - and when I do does the controls change to more or less those of a chopper? I mean in a chopper one uses the triggers to go up/down and the analogs to move the chopper's nose up/down. The same with a hovering F35?
no, the controls are still that of a jet, when decelerating, pressing LT, keep hold at all times to stay in hover mode, if you let go, the jet starts gaining speed again and flies forward.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #58
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
Finally unlocked it today out of sheer luck! CQ on Kharg Island. Right off the bat got into a Jet and found another Jet. Was surprised when he didn't flare so shot again and got the kill(I have a total of 6 Jet kills in 178 hours played so i rarely EVER get jet kills). I was so excited that I parachuted instantly and got back to our deployment for a friend of mine to bring the tank back to me. From the US base, driving past A to see a jeep and got a double kill off 1 shot. Super very excited now as we have all bases so I drive to D. As i get there, another Tank and Jeep show up. I blow up the Tank and the Jeep but 1 guy escapes. I hop out and mow him down. Cheevo popped! I start victory hopping and yelling as my 6-0 streak ends and I die. 6-1 at the beginning of the game and I no longer cared about the rest of the match. This shows that it is not impossible for someone as bad as me in the air.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
Mabro

I don't fly jets much, but it was the first day or two B2K was out, I was on Wake and I wanted to give the F35 a shot. I hovered over the Airfield, killed two guys dicking around by the hangars, started getting shredded by the MAA, bailed and got into a T90. I killed the MAA and a half-dozen infantry, realized I had two of the required kills but also realized that I was an engineer. I killed at least another half-dozen infantry around B but none were assault, and of course it was one of the few times I was playing by myself so I couldn't ask anyone to spawn on me as assault. And so eventually the round ended with no achievement for me. I don't think I've been in a jet since.

Pretty dumb achievement, really. You're no less "complete" if you were to get a kill with, say, a Littlebird, Vodnik and with an LMG in one life. Not to mention encouraging people to use the one class which can do nothing for or against vehicles on vehicle maps. Should've just been get a kill with an air vehicle, ground vehicle and with your weapon in one life.

Last edited by Mabro; 01-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Mabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #60
xMidget_Furyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Rage View Post
So I got a kill with an A10 in Operation Firestorm (rush), then parachuted my way to an Abrams and got 2 kills with it, one with the machine gun and the other with the main cannon. I bail out of the tank, and got a kill with my AEK-971 and nothing happened. This is bullshit man!!!
same thing happened to me, i've never been more disapointed in my life. But it does prove 1 thing. if you can do it once you can do it again.

Good luck.

I myself finally got this a few nights ago. Wake Island Conquest Assualt. Defenders side spawned at B in the Flanker. Blew up a chopper jumped out over A got in tank and the enemy was nice enough to drive right in front of the tank. Got out and 2 more DPV drivers Drive up jump out and I killed them both.

Good Luck to you I tried for 2 weeks straight of going for that achievement my K/D is in the toilet now but I have the achivement.