PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > AFL Live
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
KIDDRAGON67

Sir Vegemite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
April 21st :)

According to Eb Games this is released on the 21st of April

It's a shame it's the same day as Portal 2 and my Dad's 50th...
Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
the_dan

dannyrobijn's Gamercard
Hmm, what to buy .. Portal 2 or this sh!tty game.
hard choice, hard choice -.-'

Do you like pizza. join us!
I have a pizza as sig. sowhat!
the_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
inchoate
Banned User

Theres No Spork's Gamercard
I'm sure your dad will understand if you're too busy playing games.
inchoate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Fuck portal 2, i cant wait for this game i havent played one since 2004 on the ps2
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
Fuck portal 2, i cant wait for this game i havent played one since 2004 on the ps2
Completely agree
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
FrangaX

FrangaX's Gamercard
I need to see how this game plays before I get it. If it's accurate and the controls are smooth I'll be ALL OVER IT.

FrangaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #7
ALF 133

Alf 133's Gamercard
Looks like another easy 1000/1000 too,
Hopefully the premiership with 20 min quarters is as strait forward as it sounds.
Cant wait
ALF 133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Sydney Swans for the win.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #9
Callan92

AussieTekkaz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF 133 View Post
Looks like another easy 1000/1000 too,
Hopefully the premiership with 20 min quarters is as strait forward as it sounds.
Cant wait
Dude thats over 37 hours of gameplay on legenday, just for that achievement. Hats off if you can do it but doesn't sound straight forward to me.
Callan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
will851

will851's Gamercard
cant wait its ganna be awesome
will851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
Callan92

AussieTekkaz's Gamercard
This Game will be great but not like an EA sports game. Won't play as smoothly but hopefully it sells like crazy and there will be a big budget for it next year
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Jfrey

Frey54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan92 View Post
This Game will be great but not like an EA sports game. Won't play as smoothly but hopefully it sells like crazy and there will be a big budget for it next year

Agree, im buying it for 360 and ps3, will not trade them in. I hope the online is not to laggy.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
JCMachinehead

JCMachinehead's Gamercard
i'm an aussie living in scotland and want to know, will this be available in the uk? go bulldogs!
JCMachinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
Callan92

AussieTekkaz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMachinehead View Post
i'm an aussie living in scotland and want to know, will this be available in the uk? go bulldogs!
I think i heard it was being released in Europe, not completely sure though. Even if it was it would probably still be hard to find. Good luck though.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Scorpyo

Good looking achievements. Legendary achievement & 5000 goals will take many hours.
Scorpyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #16
Masterfuljk23

Masterfuljk23's Gamercard
West coast for the win live in auz 6 months a year just love the AFL better than football
Masterfuljk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #17
Masterfuljk23

Masterfuljk23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMachinehead View Post
dude if you find a store let me know please ive looked everywhere might just get it posted
Masterfuljk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I saw this game in the store yesterday, thought it was out, but it wasnt.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #19
Jfrey

Frey54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwwwy View Post
I saw this game in the store yesterday, thought it was out, but it wasnt.
Cool story....
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
Definately getting this and RF:A over that sad excuse for a game Portal 2..

Add me to Live for online play when it comes out!!
F Zer0 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #21
Soap of Death

Soap of Death's Gamercard
If you're in WA ring around with Target and K-Mart, I got mine from K-Mart today.

Soap of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #22
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap of Death View Post
If you're in WA ring around with Target and K-Mart, I got mine from K-Mart today.

I is jealous. Tell us, how is it?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #23
Soap of Death

Soap of Death's Gamercard
If you go into it expecting a 'FIFA standard' game you'll be let down. They've done a good job of capturing the feel of the game. I'm playing on Rookie mode and the AI isn't a slouch. They'll pressure you constantly and make you work for goals. You really get penalised for carelessly playing on or getting lazy with manning up on opponents. For me personally, the game has a steep learning curve. The training modes really aren't that helpful, you can work on tackling, marking, passing and shooting on the run but there doesn't seem to be a way to practice things like set shot goals.

I think the worst thing in the game is the commentary. It's bad. Cometti and BT probably did everything in one take during their lunch break. If you've played older cricket games you'll know what to expect. "WEST COAST.......are in front by...7...goals."

I hope the game does well enough that Big Ant Studios get a bigger budget to work on improving the game. It's a solid effort but there is clearly room for improvement. They're on the right track, I have faith they can make a real top notch game if given the resources to do so. It's worth checking out if you're after a decent AFL game.
Soap of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
If you go into it expecting a 'FIFA standard' game you'll be let down. They've done a good job of capturing the feel of the game. I'm playing on Rookie mode and the AI isn't a slouch. They'll pressure you constantly and make you work for goals. You really get penalised for carelessly playing on or getting lazy with manning up on opponents. For me personally, the game has a steep learning curve. The training modes really aren't that helpful, you can work on tackling, marking, passing and shooting on the run but there doesn't seem to be a way to practice things like set shot goals.

I think the worst thing in the game is the commentary. It's bad. Cometti and BT probably did everything in one take during their lunch break. If you've played older cricket games you'll know what to expect. "WEST COAST.......are in front by...7...goals."

I hope the game does well enough that Big Ant Studios get a bigger budget to work on improving the game. It's a solid effort but there is clearly room for improvement. They're on the right track, I have faith they can make a real top notch game if given the resources to do so. It's worth checking out if you're after a decent AFL game.
Ah alright. Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #25
hydrosugar

picking this game up tommorow

couldnt find the forum for this at first. i have no idea why its in the tba section when anyone with half a brain knows it comes out tommorow

EDIT: lol i guess i didnt pick it up today. i wanted to trade 3 games for it at jb, and on the catalouge it said 'some exclusions may apply', so i brought in like 9 games to cover my ass should any problems come up. they flat out rejected 8 of them and would only except tiger 10. then they said that all the games combined were worth like $65 and i could put that towards the game, i just said no because it wasnt what i was expecting. i may go back and see if games i didnt try to trade like mirrors edge are acceptable, or i may just buy it outright.

also funnily enough all copies of the ps3 one were already sold out, and i got there 1pm on release day.

Last edited by hydrosugar; 04-21-2011 at 04:53 AM.
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #26
hydrosugar

Quote:

how do the stats work in the game? i remember in the 2004 one they were just retarded. the pretty much just gave the 16 teams an number between 60 - 70 for attack/defence/midfield and it was completely wrong for what was going on at the time. all the teams were way too close in skill in the game.

also how are the saints stats in the game?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #27
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
picking this game up tommorow

couldnt find the forum for this at first. i have no idea why its in the tba section when anyone with half a brain knows it comes out tommorow

EDIT: lol i guess i didnt pick it up today. i wanted to trade 3 games for it at jb, and on the catalouge it said 'some exclusions may apply', so i brought in like 9 games to cover my ass should any problems come up. they flat out rejected 8 of them and would only except tiger 10. then they said that all the games combined were worth like $65 and i could put that towards the game, i just said no because it wasnt what i was expecting. i may go back and see if games i didnt try to trade like mirrors edge are acceptable, or i may just buy it outright.

also funnily enough all copies of the ps3 one were already sold out, and i got there 1pm on release day.
Out of curiosity, what were the games they rejected?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #28
hydrosugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle View Post
Out of curiosity, what were the games they rejected?
umm mass effect, prince of persia, dantes inferno, pgr4(big time - worth $2.50 apparently), and smack down vs raw 2009.

and i guess i expected them to not accept kameo and the 2006 world cup(both were worth $5+ wtf) but clearly they came closer than pgr4. i dont even wanna know what my pgr3 would go for...

but even so with how little a deal they seem to make about exceptions i still think its more than half of every game. i though they would only exclude select launch title but its really insane.

lol i was about to say im happy anyway as the saints just scored the first 3 goals, but then as i was typing this brisbane got a bullshit goal
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #29
BIGG Pene

BIGG Pene's Gamercard
you know about there exclusion list yea? its gotta be 3 games that are not on this list

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/images/game...uded-games.pdf
BIGG Pene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #30
hydrosugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG Pene View Post
you know about there exclusion list yea? its gotta be 3 games that are not on this list

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/images/game...uded-games.pdf
lol i was too lazy to look at the list. besides my computer is shit and it would probably takes ages to load(trying now...)
anyways jb are a bunch of assholes

EDIT: after i somehow managed to find 3 eligible games not on the exclusion list(like 75% of games are excluded) they rejected my ID even though im 18. so i got someone else to do it for me while i was at school and for some reason the store gave her the ps3 version of the game. i didnt think i could do that even if i wanted to. given that i traded in 360 games and all. anyways i should have the 360 version of the game tommorow

after they rejected me the first time i was determined not to pay for this game. and i could afford it to. when they said no to my ID i just went of and spent $115 on DBZ dvd's im watching now

Last edited by hydrosugar; 05-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote