PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
IWi11KickU

IWi11KickU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The fastest way to 40,000 kills

Last night I discovered a way to rack up kills faster than the game can handle.

Step 1: Create a multiplayer loadout as an assault marine with a chain sword (or power sword), either pistol, frag grenades, swordsman's zeal (or power swordsman's zeal) and improved damage for ground pound (the name of the perk escapes me at the moment.

Step 2: Start a private game of exterminatus by yourself on Hab Center, arena 1 (presumably this will work on Kalkys as well, but I have not tested it).

Step 3: Choppy chop chopity chop chop. You will generate more health with zeal than you will lose from combat. Concentrate on Shooters first, so that when they are dead, if you absolutely need to get out of combat and regenerate some health and shields, they can't shoot you.

Using this method, I got through the first 6 waves of Hab Center before I died. I got 750ish kills in about 10 minutes (maybe less). At one point (the end of wave 2), I actually had to stop the killing and let the engine catch up with me. There were 3 orks left, they glitched into the ground and I couldn't shoot them until all of the kill bonuses caught up with me. I was standing there watching "kill", "death from above" "triple kill" etc flash across my screen for about a minute and a half. Once the engine caught up with me I killed the last three orks with my pistol.

This has to be the fastest way to get kills. I literally outran the game engine. I was getting kills faster than the game could count them. This will probably only work in the early waves as the more shooters that spawn, the more difficult it becomes to stay alive, but you will get a massive amount of kills, even on the first couple rounds.

Happy ork hunting.
IWi11KickU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I might have to give this a try cause I am no where near 40,000 kills, lol I just got the achievement for 2500 kills like 3 hours ago
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Jefferrz

Jefferrz's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Is there any counter where you can see total kills. Good tip think will try it out
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
Vortex Elegy

Does kills in Exterminatus count towards this? Since the weapon challenge don't and I wasn't sure about this cheevo and there is no way of tracking your kills.
Vortex Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
GrimSovereignty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex Elegy View Post
Does kills in Exterminatus count towards this? Since the weapon challenge don't and I wasn't sure about this cheevo and there is no way of tracking your kills.
Yes the kills in Exterminatus count towards the True Son of the Emperor. So get to slaying green xenos filth!! lol
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

Old 11-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Vortex Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSovereignty View Post
Yes the kills in Exterminatus count towards the True Son of the Emperor. So get to slaying green xenos filth!! lol
Good, gonna smash some orks tonight then
Vortex Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
IWi11KickU

IWi11KickU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Jefferz, your kills (even when playing solo) show up on the Exterminatus leaderboards. There is no counter for the xenos that you have slain in the single player campaign though.

The kills in Exterminatus definitely do count towards True Son. My friend got Visible Violent Death in Exterminatus. The engine uses the same counting mechanism for those achievements, so if you can get one in Exterminatus, you can get the other too.
IWi11KickU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
Psimon

possessedpsimon's Gamercard
IWi11KickU: Thank you so much for posting this mate. This is gonna make it much easier to get the 40K kills. Just 1 thing though, the kills don't seem to be recorded/counted if you retry the map after dying. They only show up on the leaderboards if I quit out or choose not to retry. Is this the way you did it?
Psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
Nice so about how much hours we are talkin
Here to reach the 40k kills ?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
GrimSovereignty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzzaa View Post
Nice so about how much hours we are talkin
Here to reach the 40k kills ?
Quite a few....even with this method its not going to be lightning fast.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
From a rough calculation, providing your getting 750 kills every 10 mins, it should take about 5 hours to get 40k kills, probably less considering the kills you should already have from the campaign and multiplayer prior to exterminatus.

While the class that what originally posted is sufficient, I would recommend taking the Impenetrable perk opposed to the Death from Above. You dont gain any health from ground pounding, so other than for movement speed, its not as efficient as having more defence from ranged weapons. After testing both classes, i found i was surviving for much longer with the Impenetrable perk active.

Just a quick question, do all kills count towards the 40k? For instance, if a wave is failed, do the kills you get in that wave up to failing still count or do you need to complete it?
Mace1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
Psimon

Mace1st: The kills will still count mate, even if you fail the wave. I tested this out myself and found that the kills were still recorded on the leaderboards. Hope this helps. :-)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Well if you go slow and steady, and shoot for about 1000 kills a day(fairly reasonable) you'd get it done in 40 days or less which is about a month and 1/3rd.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #14
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psimon View Post
Mace1st: The kills will still count mate, even if you fail the wave. I tested this out myself and found that the kills were still recorded on the leaderboards. Hope this helps. :-)
I'll stay positive then Just from the session i played earlier im guessing i racked up at least 5k-6k kills. Was quite impressed with over 700 kills on wave 4, unfortunately the others seemed to be 200-300, although i recall a 500 one, think it might of been on wave 5. I dont think it would be as good as this with other players, but still fun none the less
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #15
Psimon

Oh! One more thing (Columbo style). I found that the kills are only recorded if you do NOT retry after dying. I always choose 'no' when it asks me if I'd like to retry the arena/map. :-)

Nice one on the 5-6K kills. I managed just under 1k in 30 mins or so, so am hopeful that I can get this bloody achievement before I launch my game disc into the fecking ocean! :-)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #16
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
I was wondering about that with the retrying, since either way you start at the beginning of the arena that your playing. And its much quicker to quit from what i've noticed. Im abit upset at the kills i've lost from retrying, but nevermind, its fun to play
Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
Catasa

Catasaur's Gamercard
just because kills from retrying aren't showing up on the leader board doesn't necessarily mean they aren't counting to the chevo
Catasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
Psimon

Catasa: True. Which is why I said that it was only me that found they may not have. Be good if they do though. Would've saved me a bit of time. :-)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
II DigiMick II

II digimick II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWi11KickU View Post
Last night I discovered a way to rack up kills faster than the game can handle.

Step 1: Create a multiplayer loadout as an assault marine with a chain sword (or power sword), either pistol, frag grenades, swordsman's zeal (or power swordsman's zeal) and improved damage for ground pound (the name of the perk escapes me at the moment.

Step 2: Start a private game of exterminatus by yourself on Hab Center, arena 1 (presumably this will work on Kalkys as well, but I have not tested it).

Step 3: Choppy chop chopity chop chop. You will generate more health with zeal than you will lose from combat. Concentrate on Shooters first, so that when they are dead, if you absolutely need to get out of combat and regenerate some health and shields, they can't shoot you.

Using this method, I got through the first 6 waves of Hab Center before I died. I got 750ish kills in about 10 minutes (maybe less). At one point (the end of wave 2), I actually had to stop the killing and let the engine catch up with me. There were 3 orks left, they glitched into the ground and I couldn't shoot them until all of the kill bonuses caught up with me. I was standing there watching "kill", "death from above" "triple kill" etc flash across my screen for about a minute and a half. Once the engine caught up with me I killed the last three orks with my pistol.

This has to be the fastest way to get kills. I literally outran the game engine. I was getting kills faster than the game could count them. This will probably only work in the early waves as the more shooters that spawn, the more difficult it becomes to stay alive, but you will get a massive amount of kills, even on the first couple rounds.

Happy ork hunting.
This is exactly how I completed the achievement when the first Exterminatus DLC came out.

Hab Centre is the best option, as an Assault Marine, because you don't have to worry about falling off the map...and there are some great areas to retreat to to recoup health/armour IF needed.

You'll find that you'll be getting to wave 8/9 by yourself at some stage for 1000+ kills a game...

It does suck that there is no counter for kills, but going off the stats screen for MP and adding approximately 2,500 kills per single player runthrough will give you a good idea of how many kills you need to go: and re-try kills count but (stupidly) don't show.
II DigiMick II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
Rich77

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I found that having played numerous private and public Chaos Unleashed sessions that my leaderboard stats only seemed to count kills I've made in private matches.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I'm hoping that the kills are still being counted somewhere, but it's a little disheartening playing numerous public matches in the vain attempt to get the bonus wave/co-op cheevos (still waiting... /cry) only for my stats not to update. Having read the above posts could it be due to the fact that when an arena is failed and I'm kicked back to the voting screen, I choose 'Quit Match'? I'm hoping it isn't this because when I quit via this method (rather than Start > Quit during an ongoing arena) I still get a tally of XP points. Quitting out via this method in a private match advances my stats as expected... /confused
Rich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #21
sillyjordo

sillyjordo's Gamercard
this is a good method.

impenetrable and swordsman's zeal on kalkys... sheesh! one can pretty much mash the attack button in place until wave 8. this takes about 10 min and garners an avg. of around 940 kills.

you can crack 1000 if you start to play safe during/after the first big scar boy swarm.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #22
sillyjordo

sillyjordo's Gamercard
oh, and at that previous post regarding kills being posted to the leaderboards...

you don't bank any kills from retries. if you want to bank those kills you'll have to either quit out after the match, or get your team to vote no on a retry.

that's not to say you should do that! use the above mentioned strategy to get the cheevo. If you're in a good team, forget the kills... go for leaderboard!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #23
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
thank you thank you for these tips. i am busting this out now using sillyjordo's method and it is silly good.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
Puscifer

Necrophagus's Gamercard
Thank you, is a good guide
Puscifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #25
JACK LAYT0N

JACK LAYT0N's Gamercard
Thanks you really for this guide, I plan buying this game but I first go trought the forum to be sure I won't get f*ck, this achievement might be easier than it seems with this !!