PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
Hard Way

Hard VVay's Gamercard
Is this the only BTR-90?

I just looked at the embedded video in the achievement guide, and the only location he shows for a BTR-90 Light Tank is in the Russian Deployment on Gulf of Oman, Conquest. Unless I can get all 10 kills I need in 1 life for the Scarred Veteran assignment, thats going to be a pain in the ass to:

1. Only search Oman CQ
2. Hope I get standard CQ and not assault
3. Hope I can get on the Russian team
4. Hope a teammate doesn't beat me to the tank.
5. Hope the other team isn't hopelessly dominating the fuck out of the map.

Anyone know any other locations so I can increase my odds?

Hit me up if you have a lobby and you need 1 for the "All Alone" achievement in Halo: Reach. It's the only achievement I have left in that game, and its the only one I'd really go out of my way to boost for.
Hard Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Every timeI play Oman, my team all just runs right past it. I got that part in one game.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Kevin 737

KEVIN 737's Gamercard
There is a second spawn of the BTR-90 on that map. When a certain team gets control over base D it spawns te second BTR next to the crane. Also when you finally get a BTR you should try to defend all your bases since you will know for certain that enemies are there.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin 737 View Post
There is a second spawn of the BTR-90 on that map. When a certain team gets control over base D it spawns te second BTR next to the crane. Also when you finally get a BTR you should try to defend all your bases since you will know for certain that enemies are there.
If D is American-controlled it is not a BTR-90, it is the LAV-25. I went bombing around thanking the creator that I could get one only to realise upon my first kill that it wasn't the vehicle I wanted or needed.
Funny thing is, I have 15 kills with the BTR-90, only 5 of them since I actually unlocked the associated Assignment...

Although, according to the Battlefield Wiki, the BTR-90 does appear on Strike at Karkand and Sharqi Peninsula. Noting to say whether that's for PC-only or not though.

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 12-21-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Editing LAV name.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
gum_on_shoe

Dragonball Z's Gamercard
I'm really confused is there any way to not get conquest assault games when searching?
gum_on_shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Not that I have seen. You're SOL.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Way View Post
Unless I can get all 10 kills I need in 1 life for the Scarred Veteran assignment, thats going to be a pain in the ass to:
It is a pain in the ass, just like some of the requirements for other assignments. They really make you work to unlock some of these weapons.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Mattress_117

Mattress 117's Gamercard
Once I found out how to get it, it was pretty easy to get the 10 kills in a couple of games, don't go through quick match go to the server browser, you'll get 2 try's at getting it if you come in on the first game because on a server each map is played twice and you switch sides, make it conquest and spawn at RU deployment, not alot of people spawn at deployment after the game starts because they'd rather be shooting people than waiting. If your on US and can't swap hopefully you'll be RU next game or if it goes to the next map quit out and go to another server, in my case I went on to a server got RU side middle of the game, spawned at deployment got 6 kills with it, next game spawned as US, switched team and got the rest, it's just about putting yourself on the right team.

Server broswer > CQ > Gulf of Oman > RU Deployment

FAMAS - Making bad kid's look average since B2K.
Mattress_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Way View Post
5. Hope the other team isn't hopelessly dominating the fuck out of the map.
This happened to me several times haha!! The first several times I even managed to get in one, the opposing force didn't let me keep it or my life for very long. Very efficient of them I must say.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=349550

It only spawns for the Russians, so if you find yourself in shit luck like me and keep spawning in as US, you have to go grand theft auto and pinch it. Patience and perseverance.

True, it appears only during full Conquest, not Assault. In Karkand and Oman at the Russian spawn. In Oman within the battle zone it only appears at D while RUS controlled as Rapturous Rich already pointed out. In Karkand, not at all unless you're lucky to pinch it from someone who leaves it to repair or something.

I was US when I got it and spawned into a game where D was the only RUS controlled point. Ran like hell over to the objective and held my breath until a BTR-90 spawned and scooped it from under their noses. Pulled off 8 kills before their engineers finally took me out.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This part was annoying my buddy and I. When we finally got on that map with Conquest only, we switched teams. I backed it out through the fence and parked it underneath the building behind it - so no Helos would mess with us. We boosted it from there. I had kills with it prior, but not sure how. That and the Vehicle kill with the torch was the only thing we had to really boost. All others just take time, especially rocket kills. Additionally we both had to get 10 kills in a match with the Famas to get the achievement to unlock.

I have not seen it anywhere else.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
This part was annoying my buddy and I. When we finally got on that map with Conquest only, we switched teams.
Glad that worked for someone haha!! Every time I got into a game with the BTR both teams were full up, no switching possible.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattress_117 View Post
Once I found out how to get it, it was pretty easy to get the 10 kills in a couple of games, don't go through quick match go to the server browser, you'll get 2 try's at getting it if you come in on the first game because on a server each map is played twice and you switch sides, make it conquest and spawn at RU deployment, not alot of people spawn at deployment after the game starts because they'd rather be shooting people than waiting. If your on US and can't swap hopefully you'll be RU next game or if it goes to the next map quit out and go to another server, in my case I went on to a server got RU side middle of the game, spawned at deployment got 6 kills with it, next game spawned as US, switched team and got the rest, it's just about putting yourself on the right team.

Server broswer > CQ > Gulf of Oman > RU Deployment
Thank you sir... this worked like a charm. I just picked off the server a 22/24 game of conquest so I could switch teams if I had to and had it in like 4 rounds. Also helped me complete my time on that map and now I have a sweet ass shotgun Again thank you.
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #13
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
This part was annoying my buddy and I. When we finally got on that map with Conquest only, we switched teams. I backed it out through the fence and parked it underneath the building behind it - so no Helos would mess with us. We boosted it from there. I had kills with it prior, but not sure how. That and the Vehicle kill with the torch was the only thing we had to really boost. All others just take time, especially rocket kills. Additionally we both had to get 10 kills in a match with the Famas to get the achievement to unlock.

I have not seen it anywhere else.
All that quitting and restarting I did to do to get those 10 kills was one of the stupidest things in this game.. why have a new vehicle only available on one gametype on two maps?
Also, there's no easy way, but the best way to get the torch kill on a vehicle is on the AMTRAC.. since you won't start repairing it if everyone jumps out.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Battlefield3Guru

SnowingRock's Gamercard
To find the BTR-90 you need to be on Gulf of Oman CA, NOT CQA. Conquest Assualt the map is smaller and without veihicles, also you have to be russian, it will then be at the RU Spawn and at oblective D if the Russians own it. Hope this helps.
Battlefield3Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #15
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlefield3Guru View Post
To find the BTR-90 you need to be on Gulf of Oman CA, NOT CQA. Conquest Assualt the map is smaller and without veihicles, also you have to be russian, it will then be at the RU Spawn and at oblective D if the Russians own it. Hope this helps.
3 month old topic, congrats.

dotCody is offline   Reply With Quote