PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thumbs up They are going to release a patch

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF DECEMBER 21st, 2011

Apparently the patch is finally live for North America. More details when updated patch notes are released.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...h-Notes/page16

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF DECEMBER 8th, 2011 (Only in Europe)

Apparently the patch will be released Dec 7th. Here is a link to TRMK's website - http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...th-Patch-Notes

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection v1.02 Visual Patch Notes

New Video Display option "Stretch" that fills a HDTV.
Audio glitches like MK2's attract mode, Scorpion's Voice, etc now sound proper

Online has player names on each side of the screen in the selection, loading screens and during games.

Online is MUCH improved. So far only been able to play against European players due to it being released over there only so far and it is quite smooth despite the long distance. Immediately feels different, no more like you are playing in molasses.

Un-pausing the game no longer leaves you unable to move for a few seconds

You can use UKKs in UMK3 online now.

The "Arcade" Filter has more even scanlines when in "Stretched" mode, but in other modes retains it's uneven scan line arrangement from previous release.

The video "gamma" level was reduced resulting in a less washed out colors.

Unfortunately they didn't put in version restrictions on the matchmaking, so if you get matched against a 1.02 player from Europe or a 1.01 player in the US right now you get a nasty black screen. This problem should go away once 1.02 is sent out worldwide.

More to come...

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF NOVEMBER 23rd, 2011

Patch hopefully coming around Dec 6th -> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-of-Weeks.html

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF NOVEMBER 15th, 2011

Ed Boon has tweeted that they are hoping to release the MKAK patch within the next three weeks

LINK -> https://twitter.com/#!/noobde/status/135445274691780610

They have said on their facebook page that they are working on a patch.

Here's the quote.

Thanks to all of our fans who purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and your continued support. We are aware of the issues with the game and are currently working on a patch to address them for all systems. Our goal is ensure the best gaming experience possible for everyone playing a Mortal Kombat game. Please stay tuned for updates on when a patch will be released.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

Last edited by HabsCen10ial; 12-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.
HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Thank heavens!

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
That might not include the achievement issues, LOL.

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
That might not include the achievement issues, LOL.
I would be amazed if it didn't include the achievement issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
True Marvellous

1 Online needs to work
2 Difficulty settings need to work
3 Sound volume needs improving and certain. Charecters sound effects fixing.
4 Weird glitch when you press start to continue it randomly selects a fighter

Toasters Toast Toast
Old 09-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
Jeerrraayyyyyyy

Jeerrraayyyyyyy's Gamercard
Hopefully they fix the online part. It's down right unplayable right now.
Jeerrraayyyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Good to hear that a patch is in the works. Hopefully it's out sooner than later.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
i hope the online gets fixed if anything..... seems a waste if it doesnt

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
R0B

R0b's Gamercard
I have found numerous glitches/issues...

- sometimes random select doesnt work (MK2)
- special moves are disabled for one player some rounds online (MK2)
- leaderboard glitch when changing games
- no leaderboard adjustment/punishment for rage-quitting
(also win/loss should be set when it says "finish him")
- achievements not unlocking when finishing arcade mode

...just to name a few
R0B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Wehttam

Wehttam 360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good hopefully they fix this soon, good thing i didnt buy it just yet.
Wehttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
There's lots of problems so hopefully they get them all.

Online lag
achievements
sound
slight button delay after pausing during a match
MK9 cover art showing in recently played games instead on MKAK

but this patch is good news. Can't wait.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Please fix the online lag if anything and the achievement issue for those that hasnt got them and next time dont rush a game to release broken, especially one that is a port of decade old arcade games.

Destiny Raid completed 04/11/14
Destiny hard Raid completed 02/12/14
gazmaster1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
BROKEN POLYGONS

BROKEN POLYGONS's Gamercard
lag, achievements, difficulty, sound, directional pad wont respond at first when unpausing & lag & achievements.
BROKEN POLYGONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #14
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
4 Weird glitch when you press start to continue it randomly selects a fighter
Wasn't that how you do random select in the original games? I don't think this is a glitch.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #15
True Marvellous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekid View Post
Wasn't that how you do random select in the original games? I don't think this is a glitch.

Yes you held it down but ive had it many times go random by simply pressing start to continue

Toasters Toast Toast
Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #16
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah Online is pretty much Mortal "SlowMo" Kombat and its annoying. UMK3 is almost unplayable. In MK2 and MK1 the games are a bit slower from the start, especially MK1 so its less annoying but well. Must admit i don't have many fun right now with playing them online. I did lots of matches yesterday cause i was drunk and laughting my ass off at the way it was played... Saying GG to everybody i faced... LOL so not my style usually but well...

As for Leaderbord, is that me that is dumb or all i see is a kombat ranking and position in the leaderbord? I don't see any win/loss thing... I found this very weird as its the point of a leaderboard.... Also can't see how many wins i have for Elder God.

As for achievement for beating games... i have them all now so dosen't affect me, but for other peoples yeah i hope they fix it.

Better not wait too long for that patch, cause once the super fall start(GOW3, Halo, Skyrim, MW3 and such) peoples wont play this as much as now... I buyed it for a waiting til GOW3, and cause achievements where easy, and i had hoped that could be funny to VS online players in MK1 and MK2(never played it on PS3) but so far the lag make it shit...

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 09-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:50 AM   #17
ll X ll

Great. Guess i'll play it when they release a patch because i really don't want to waste my time and achieve nothing. I'll stick to local and online (get laggy and non laggy games) at the moment.
ll X ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
I did lots of matches yesterday cause i was drunk and laughting my ass off at the way it was played... Saying GG to everybody i faced... LOL so not my style usually but well...
haha, awesome, dude!

Similar things happened to me as well. I also bought a really bad game once when I was kinda intoxicated. When I woke up the next morning, I was all like "wtf".

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
haha, awesome, dude!

Similar things happened to me as well. I also bought a really bad game once when I was kinda intoxicated. When I woke up the next morning, I was all like "wtf".
Huh i was not drunk when i brough it, i brought it the day after release, was just waiting to get some cash and the paycheck is on thursday, when the game was releaded on wednesday...

I said i was PLAYING it online very drunk and was very laughing how bad it was when there was lag. One thing weird, today i played around 10 games on MK2, 6-7 on MK1, didn't seem to lag too bad, but MK3 was a mess... had even trouble doing my moves with Kabal, barely won the match but the dude was also having a lot of trouble. He sometimes would not even uppercut me or anything when he block my dash... when usually you can combo after that. He was uppercuting but too slow and i could block.

So well i think for now ill stick to MK1 and MK2, weirdly i get my ass whooped way more in MK2 when i seem to win more often on MK1... so guess ill play more MK1 for Elder God.

Its not THAT bad but its not that good either... wish they fix it soon.

But thinking of this, i have to admit i brought a game very drunk in the past, i saw Scott Pilgrim the movie, during the christmas time, i had a buzz, buyed the game, played one level, never touch it again... Not that its bad, i dunno, i was just in the mood for this on that particular night, when after i had other stuff to play.

Gears of War Legend
Old 09-05-2011, 03:41 AM   #20
ConstantC4RN4GE

c4rn4ge's Gamercard
This game has no replay value until they fix it. I got all the achievements luckily and I'm done with it until a patch is released.

I'm proud of myself for completing such a challenging game though. It was painful.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Anrkey5993

Two other things I would say would be worth a fix is allowing either player to view their movesets during the "Round _ FIGHT!" section and after "_ wins" I really don't know WHY they didn't allow that already. Also switching the directional pad for which side you're on, doesn't bother me too much but everyone I've played with (that are more casual MK players) say it annoys them to no end.
Anrkey5993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
When I played MK1 it was smoothe, haven't played MK2 online, but in UMK3 its not that bad but I still can't pull of big advanced combos without button delay and lag.

Only need 3 achieves and that 200 win is going to be awhile since the lag is there and I can't get a win streak over 7
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

UMK3 for me is unplayable in the way all is super slow, the combos are hard to pull out just cause of that... And after having played the previous version on live arcade... no way ill endure this. Anyway must admit i wanted to play MK1 and 2 online, thats the main reason i got it, so well... I think after Elder God pop, i will have my fix. I give myself til wednesday to finish it, cause its Bloodrayne Betrayal and i wanna do it before GOW3... so if it dosen't come from online play, ill do MK1 over and over again...

Gears of War Legend
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #24
i got squeezed

Quote:
cause its Bloodrayne Betrayal and i wanna do it before GOW3... so if it dosen't come from online play, ill do MK1 over and over again...
GOW3 comes out 20th, you have a long time before it reaches that date so you'll have plenty of time to do both.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #25
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

15 days is a lot of time for you? LOL

I know people are different, but personally i am more an online shooter guy than Solo, i play only an hour or so per day on solo play... For the moment for exemple i am doing bodycount, still half the campaign(based on achievements) left. Should be done by friday for the offline part. Got MK to finish online but i also play a lot of MK9... Have to do Bloodrayne Betrayal(i don't know how long it will be) and i try to do challenge on Halo Reach to finally get my LT.Colonel achievement(some challenge take times, for exemple 180 kills or win 15 games in a day, your talking about a couple hours of play...) Im major 3 right now, so shouldn't be too long, after that ill slow down on Halo(i play only Swat, and even there i can't stand some maps anymore... like god damn pinnacle or Uncaged, or even Reflection) The spawn kill is terrible for the 2 first one, and the other it annoy me to go upstair all the time to kill 1 dude and get kill after... wich happen a lot.

Anyway sorry about "the story of my life" but bottom line, 2 weeks to do all i have to do is kinda short actually.

I even didn't play Black Ops for over 5 days... im missing it, i only played 5 games or so of Warfare 2 the other night cause a friend ask me to, since Warfare 3 is coming and damn it make me fear even more the MP of warfare 3... Its crazy how Black Ops MP is so much better than Warfare...

Gears of War Legend
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #26
i got squeezed

Quote:
Its crazy how Black Ops MP is so much better than Warfare...
LOL, no what you just said is idiotic. Or was that sarcasm?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #27
PuppyPuncher777

puppypuncher777's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerrraayyyyyyy View Post
Hopefully they fix the online part. It's down right unplayable right now.
yes i wanted to give it another try to get my last cheevo but no succes
PuppyPuncher777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #28
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by i got squeezed View Post
LOL, no what you just said is idiotic. Or was that sarcasm?
Not sarcasm at all. Black Ops was a revelation to me and the COD that made me love COD online way more. I use to not play too much before, yet now i do. I guess its because im just so much better at Black Ops than i am at Warfare. But the thing is that change it all for me...

Warfare : First game i do in a long time, game just start and all i hear is the noob tube sound... still full of the plague that is noob tube, when in black ops its VERY RARE i see that

I was luckey and killed that night but running knifers(marathon commando etc) they piss me off so bad.

Idiotic killstreak over the top. I mean Black Ops you actually have to work hard to get your gunship, in warfare you are luckey you can have an AC and turn the game around... I don't know i never been a huge fan of killstreak, i am the kind of guy who move and walk a lot when playing, im not camper so i never get HUGE killstreak, yet in black ops i manage to get a chopper going regulary and its fun. But warfare, i think there is just TOO much killstreak all the time in the air.

Last : I never like much of the maps of warfare, long range at most, prefer the close quarter of Black Ops, and i actually like the fact that there is recoil in the guns in BO, people can't just shoot everywhere like mad men... Need more skill to deal with that.

But anyway this is an opinion, you can have yours.

Gears of War Legend
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #29
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Not sarcasm at all. Black Ops was a revelation to me and the COD that made me love COD online way more. I use to not play too much before, yet now i do. I guess its because im just so much better at Black Ops than i am at Warfare. But the thing is that change it all for me...

Warfare : First game i do in a long time, game just start and all i hear is the noob tube sound... still full of the plague that is noob tube, when in black ops its VERY RARE i see that

I was luckey and killed that night but running knifers(marathon commando etc) they piss me off so bad.

Idiotic killstreak over the top. I mean Black Ops you actually have to work hard to get your gunship, in warfare you are luckey you can have an AC and turn the game around... I don't know i never been a huge fan of killstreak, i am the kind of guy who move and walk a lot when playing, im not camper so i never get HUGE killstreak, yet in black ops i manage to get a chopper going regulary and its fun. But warfare, i think there is just TOO much killstreak all the time in the air.

Last : I never like much of the maps of warfare, long range at most, prefer the close quarter of Black Ops, and i actually like the fact that there is recoil in the guns in BO, people can't just shoot everywhere like mad men... Need more skill to deal with that.

But anyway this is an opinion, you can have yours.
My opinion is you should take your bitching to the bitching thread. This thread is supposed to be about Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and the patch that has been announced. I see a new post in here and come in thinking it will be about the topic this thread was created for, but I only get to read your bitching, AGAIN! Take your bitchy posts to the bitching thread. If you want to constantly complain about games I have a solution for you, Don't play them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #30
i got squeezed

I hope they can patch the online as smoothe as the original version of UMK3 where it was no lag beside the other person's bad connection. Lag in UMk3 isnt that bad, but combos are hard to pull off, especially huge juggles.