Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > GFWL
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
List: Games From Steam With Achievements

I am not 100% sure all the games I have put in this list do give you achievements, so please check the game page out yourself and don't blame me or any users if they do not have achievements.
I only really looked for GFWL in any part of the description, users comments and what other websites have said.
Any feedback made will help make this better and more useful for myself and other users.
With Microsoft cancelling the GFWL Marketplace on the 22nd August 2013 and removing the GFWL service on the 1st July 2014, some games may get updated before these dates, removing GFWL in the game.
List of games searched for on Steam are from the PC achievement page on x360a:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/pc/

To go to the games Steam page click Link.
Confirmed means that the game downloaded from Steam does indeed give you achievements. The game may no longer support GFWL after it has been confirmed.
Check means I have checked the Steam page and doesn't say GFWL, but other sources have mentioned said it does.

Also here is a spreadsheet which I am creating on google of more places to buy GFWL games from. I haven't bought any games from other places, so I am not sure whether it is 100%. *WIP*
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xUkRVVHc#gid=0

Battlestations: Pacific Link Confirmed

Blacklight: Tango Down Link Confirmed

Bulletstorm Link Confirmed

Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Link Confirmed

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Link Confirmed

Dead Rising 2 Link Confirmed

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Link Confirmed

DiRT 3 Link Confirmed

F1 2010 Link Confirmed

F1 2011 Link Confirmed

Fable 3 Link Confirmed

Fallout 3 Link Confirmed

Fallout 3 GOTY Link Confirmed

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage Link Confirmed

Last edited by matthewh00; 04-02-2014 at 08:51 AM.
matthewh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
FUEL Link Confirmed

Grand Theft Auto IV Link Confirmed

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition Link Confirmed

Iron Brigade Link Confirmed

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Link Confirmed

Lost Planet 2 Link Confirmed

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection Link

Operation Flashpoint: Red River Link Confirmed

Red Faction: Guerrilla Link Confirmed

Resident Evil 5 Link Confirmed

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Link Confirmed

Last edited by matthewh00; 06-22-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Section 8 Link *Check* GFWL may have been removed from the Steam Version

Section 8: Prejudice Link Confirmed

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes Link Confirmed

Stormrise Link

Street Fighter IV Link Confirmed

Street Fighter X Tekken Link Confirmed

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Link Confirmed

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends Link Confirmed

The Club Link Confirmed

Virtua Tennis 4 Link Confirmed

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Link Confirmed

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Complete Pack Link Confirmed

Reserved for more...
Also if anyone can Confirm any of the games it would be grateful

Last edited by matthewh00; 10-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
There is a list in the FAQ. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...98&postcount=2
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
Yes I found that list before and that is all the games that have achievements on PC that use GFWL.

This list I have made is all the games that can get you achievements when you buy the games from Steam.
Not all the games on that list can be bought on Steam to gain you achievements aswell.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh00 View Post
Yes I found that list before and that is all the games that have achievements on PC that use GFWL.

This list I have made is all the games that can get you achievements when you buy the games from Steam.
Not all the games on that list can be bought on Steam to gain you achievements aswell.
Sorry, guess I didn't read close enough. Anyways Steam has a list of GFWL https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8782-WECN-1190

"
What games on Steam utilize Games for Windows Live?

Currently, these Steam games use Games for Windows Live:"
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry, guess I didn't read close enough. Anyways Steam has a list of GFWL https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8782-WECN-1190

"

Thanks alot for the link from the steam website, bookmarked it for myself.

Well this list can be removed or whatever if it has become useless to people unless people wish to have it updated all the time.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

"

Huh, I never knew Dark Void was GFWL through Steam, I was under the impression that was only available through the GFW marketplace.

Also, generally speaking, Steam doesn't remove GFWL from GFWL titles, nor do developers go out of their way to make a non-GFWL version for Steam (Dark Void being the exception, since the GFWL version came out after the standard release). So any kind of "list" is pretty pointless, though I guess its nice to have one to reference when people are unsure.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #9
Redeuxx

Send a message via MSN to Redeuxx Send a message via Yahoo to Redeuxx

Redeuxx's Gamercard
Also ...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/98300/
Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeuxx View Post
Added to the list, Thanks.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
Seiryu

Seiryu Chi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

"

Looks like that list is not up to date and seems like it may have mistakes, for example it says that Section 8 is GFWL when as far as I know the Steam version of Section 8 does NOT support GFWL, but Section 8: Prejudice does.

I'd say that having an updated list here would be useful, particularly if it has the Steam store links as this list does. In other words, this seems like a good thread to have and it should possibly even be stickied.

As for the list itself, I'm pretty sure everything on it is correct, though I think there are a few games missing, however the only one I have played myself and therefore can confirm 100% is Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY. I have quite a few of the other games on the list, but haven't had the time to try and play them yet...

I've been toying with the idea of trying to create an availability list for GFWL PC games similar to this but including ALL digital distribution sources as well as retail, but again, I just haven't had the time to complete it, so if someone wants to steal this idea from me and beat me to it then by all means, go right ahead.

This post my just be becoming rambling now, but there is one other thing I've never been sure about when it comes to GFWL, and that's DLC availability. For example, Bulletstorm is on Steam with GFWL, however the DLC does not appear to be available on Steam at all, so if I were to buy the game from Steam then buy the DLC from the GFWL client would it work? Ugh, PC gaming was so much simpler when there weren't a million different digital distribution sources...

EDIT: May have just answered my own question about DLC. I just picked up the Batman bundle from the Steam summer sale, which includes Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City (+All DLC) and Gotham City Imposters (+Almost all DLC). The DLC doesn't actually download in Steam. Instead, I had to go to the game in my library, click on "CD Keys" and then it gave me codes which I could but into Xbox.com to redeem for the DLC on the GFWL marketplace. Based on this, I would assume that all GFWL games are compatible with DLC from the GFWL marketplace, regardless of where the base game was purchased.

Last edited by Seiryu; 07-15-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Seiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
I've been toying with the idea of trying to create an availability list for GFWL PC games similar to this but including ALL digital distribution sources as well as retail, but again, I just haven't had the time to complete it, so if someone wants to steal this idea from me and beat me to it then by all means, go right ahead.
I was thinking of adding other distributors too the list but there is so many now, and I thought Steam was the most popular and easier to keep updated.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
Seiryu

Seiryu Chi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I was thinking of adding other distributors too the list but there is so many now, and I thought Steam was the most popular and easier to keep updated.
Eh, fair enough.

For lack of anything better to do I finally got around to starting on what I said earlier, and now I have an excel spreadsheet with some of the availability listed. For now my list covers the GFWL site, Steam, GreenManGaming, EA Origin, and retail releases. I also looked at GOG, but they don't sell any achievement enabled games, so I took them off the spreadsheet. These were the most popular and well known digital distribution sources I could think of, but I know there's more. If there are any other sites anyone thinks should be added then you can let me know.

Now the hard, and significantly more time consuming, part is to format all this information somehow to put it on the forums and add links to it and such. For the time being I could convert the spreadsheet into a Google Doc so that everyone could see it and contribute, but I'm not going to do that yet unless there is anyone who wants me to.

I suppose the other hard part would be keeping this information updated as things change, but considering how rarely new GFWL games are released I doubt that will be TOO hard...
Seiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I can confirm that Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet on steam has GFWL achievements. I bought it when it was on sale the other day.

@Seiryu, I'm interested in seeing the GFWL and Steam portion of your list.

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 07-23-2012 at 10:59 AM.
yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Nice one Matthew. Have struggled to find any list of GFWL games available from Steam. I have wasted a great deal of time checking games before I purchase having to search Forums on here or TA.com.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 01-07-2013 at 08:46 PM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
You should make a grid type 'comparison' for the GFWL games and all the 'markets' that they could be found at (i.e. Steam, Amazon, etc)... Place that in the OP I think you mentioned you were going to try something like that in the future...

I purchased a bunch of GFWL games over the holiday sales and can confirm the following games from corresponding locations/sites. The free stuff is mentioned since the DLC costs some msp...so the location could have them discounted in the future.

Age of Empires - (Free) - Steam (DLC found also)
Flight - (Free) - Steam (DLC found also)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (GOTY) - Steam
Batman: Arkham City - Steam
Battle vs. Chess - greenmangaming.com
Battlestations: Pacific - greenmangaming.com
BioShock 2 - Steam
Blacklight Tango Down - Steam
Dark Souls (Prepare to Die Edition) - Steam
Dead Rising 2 - Steam
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - Steam
Fable 3 - Steam
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage - Amazon.com
GTA IV (all episodes) - Steam
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Steam
Mortal Kombat Kollection - Steam
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Amazon.com
Resident Evil 5 - Steam
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Steam
Section 8 - Steam
Section 8: Prejudice - Steam
Street Fighter IV - Amazon.com
Super Street Fighter IV - Steam
Toy Soldiers - Steam
Tron Evolution - Amazon.com
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II (+ Chaos Rising) - Steam

All games are available (currently) for digital downloading also from the above locations/sites.
Deific Aberrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #17
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deific Aberrant View Post
You should make a grid type 'comparison' for the GFWL games and all the 'markets' that they could be found at (i.e. Steam, Amazon, etc)... Place that in the OP I think you mentioned you were going to try something like that in the future...
I have thought about it, but I have never bought digital GFWL game from anywhere but Steam.
So I wouldn't have the best knowledge about the games from other sites.
You are more than welcome to create your own thread including the stores you have listed and more.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
For lack of anything better to do I finally got around to starting on what I said earlier, and now I have an excel spreadsheet with some of the availability listed. For now my list covers the GFWL site, Steam, GreenManGaming, EA Origin, and retail releases. I also looked at GOG, but they don't sell any achievement enabled games, so I took them off the spreadsheet. These were the most popular and well known digital distribution sources I could think of, but I know there's more. If there are any other sites anyone thinks should be added then you can let me know.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Added a google speadsheet link of places you can purchase GFWL games.
Currently a work in progress.

Last edited by matthewh00; 06-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
Redeuxx

Send a message via MSN to Redeuxx Send a message via Yahoo to Redeuxx

Redeuxx's Gamercard
Thanks for the list. I keep thinking that these lists have become inactive but it seems PC games with achievements just don't come out very often.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
So if I wanted to buy Bioshock on PC (GFW version) I won't get achievements to add to my gamerscore? But I can buy Bioshock 2 PC Gfwl version and boost my gamerscore? (Already played Bioshock 1 and 2 on Xbox 360 and just wanted to play them again to get the same achievements again)

Seems I can't buy anything at the moment anyway from xbox.com PC games:

Tried on my laptop as well. Have to wait 30 days for my login or password to be changed? >_>

Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
Yes, only BioShock 2 will add to your Gamerscore.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #22
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
So if I wanted to buy Bioshock on PC (GFW version) I won't get achievements to add to my gamerscore? But I can buy Bioshock 2 PC Gfwl version and boost my gamerscore? (Already played Bioshock 1 and 2 on Xbox 360 and just wanted to play them again to get the same achievements again)

Seems I can't buy anything at the moment anyway from xbox.com PC games:

Tried on my laptop as well. Have to wait 30 days for my login or password to be changed? >_>
Can't help with login problem but I am sure you can sort it out on Xbox.com by clicking on 'My Account'.

In this instance Bioshock 2 is cheaper on xbox.com (£3.74), but more often then not GFWL are very expensive on their site and the same games are actually much cheaper on Steam. So get yourself a steam account and keep an eye out for offers on games that ate GFWL compatible. Also Amazon.com do digital downloads and they do offers now and again. I recently got Bioshock 1&2 for $ 5. As others have said though only Bioshock 2 has achievements.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 06-16-2013 at 01:39 AM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
T.B.R.M

TBRM 1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
after downloading batman arkham city two weeks ago, i thought to myself... "what other games for windows are available through steam? i wonder if a thread for that already exist?"

great thread! exactly what i was looking for.

Game Guides:
Banjo-Kazooie
Borderlands : Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
L.A. Noire : Nicholson Electroplating
T.B.R.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Just wondering... do Steam do decent sales in the summer? I'm sure we've all heard about their legendary Christmas sales thousands of times from our PC gamer friends but do they usually do any other decent sales throughout the year? I ask this, as outside of sales, Steam games are still quite expensive on the odd occasions when I've looked and after clicking on some of these games that I'm interested in, they all seem expensive too.

If anybody knows of any upcoming sales, the information would be gladly received.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #25
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Just wondering... do Steam do decent sales in the summer?
If anybody knows of any upcoming sales, the information would be gladly received.
Steam normally has good sales during summer like the christmas ones.

I recommened checking this thread for any deal on GFWL games from lots of places.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=411637
Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Steam normally has good sales during summer like the christmas ones.

I recommened checking this thread for any deal on GFWL games from lots of places.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=411637
I think I'll subscribe to that thread so I don't miss anything. Someone just make sure to post it in there when it's on, please!

Thanks, Matthew.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #27
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Cilisien   Staff Club - troy0891   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Just wondering... do Steam do decent sales in the summer? I'm sure we've all heard about their legendary Christmas sales thousands of times from our PC gamer friends but do they usually do any other decent sales throughout the year? I ask this, as outside of sales, Steam games are still quite expensive on the odd occasions when I've looked and after clicking on some of these games that I'm interested in, they all seem expensive too.

The steam sale starts tomorrow people! I advise you all to put the games in your wishlist so that you get an email the moment any of the games you want go on sale. Perfect time for this thread if you ask me

Thanks XxLil Raver xX for the avatar and sig!
Cilisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
keung

keung360's Gamercard
Thanks for the thread matthew! There are a lot of games on that list that I want to pick up

And thanks for the heads up on the steam sale jamiek!

100k Dec 23rd 2011 | 111,111 Feb 6th 2012 | 123,456 Feb 25th 2012
keung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
yoda12320
Banned User

YODA12320's Gamercard
Its pretty bad when you've got all of those already... don't european and the 1 unottainable japan pc game lol.
yoda12320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #30
McMan

McMan777's Gamercard
This is exactly what I wanted to know since the Steam Summer Sale is going on and I don't want any games specifically so I just might by some Achievement Titles. Thanks for making this thread!

Do you intend to list games available on Steam that normally have GFWL but don't? Or have there just been no cases of this?

Edit: Also, does Ms. Splosian Man have achievements?

Last edited by McMan; 07-14-2013 at 02:03 AM.
McMan is offline   Reply With Quote