PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Kinect Sports: Season Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
DLC Achievement Guide: Maple Lakes Golf

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 5
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 3-7 hours, depending on precision/luck
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: One, golf only
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes
-Glitchy achievements: No
-Unobtainable achievements: No
-Extra equipment needed?: Kinect Sensor Required, along with 400 MSP to purchase.

DLC: Maple Lakes Golf Pack
Cost: 400 MSP Achievements

Crater Expectations - 20 G - Hit a Hole-in-One on Crater Springs - The lay of the land may be helpful. (All difficulties)

This one isn't too bad. It is only a par 3, so all you need is that hole in one. Make sure to play on rookie so the pin placement is easy and there is no wind. A good tip from o D M C o - is to use a 5 Iron and aim way off to the left, your ball should land at the very top of the slope, not on the rough though, so you should be aiming to land your ball at the highest point of the lighter coloured grass. You dont have to do a super swing, just one with moderate power. With the right placement, and luck, the ball will roll all the way down the hill passing between the two bunkers and on into the hole.

Thanks o D M C o!

Trident Tested - 20 G - Hit an albatross on Trident Harbour – A wide tee off could help here? (All difficulties)

This one is kind of tricky. Start off with your driver with your first shot, and then hit your driver again on the second.

I made a diagram of the hole on mspaint to show EXACTLY where you should hit the ball, as I have gotten many requests on where to hit the ball on this hole. Here it is:

http://twitter.com/#!/xdjnellienell/...217792/photo/1

Bluffin' Brilliant - 20 G - Hit a Hole-in-One on Whistling Bluff. A good tee-off will beat the rock (Pro & Champion difficulty)

This one could be the hardest in the DLC pack. You have to get a hole in one on a par 4. The trick is to hit the boulder that is just to the right of the big rock face in the middle. From there , it should get just enough of a nudge to roll all the way into the hole.

Here is another picture of how to do this one:

http://twitter.com/#!/xdjnellienell/...960064/photo/1

Roller Coaster - 20 G - Hit a condor on Hopscotch Coast - Having wind on your side will help you with this (Pro difficulty)

This one is very tricky as well. Make sure you play on PRO and YOU HAVE WIND and that the WIND IS HIGH. Aim to the left, and try and split it just to to the left of the clear gap. The ball will then bounce off the lip and trickle down to leave you for about a 350 to 390 yard shot to the hole. From there, DO NOT USE YOUR DRIVER! Use your 3 wood, the incline of the hill will push the ball all the way down to the hole. On your second shot, try to leave the ball a little bit to the left, as there is a bunker lining the right side near the green.

Here is another pic from MSPaint I made to help make this achievement a lot easier:

http://twitter.com/#!/xdjnellienell/...558209/photo/1

Out for the day - 45 G - Play the full 18 holes of Golf on Kinect Sports: Season Two in one session.

I highly recommend doing this one first. It will take about 40 minutes to complete, and you will be able to get a good feel for golf and earn yourself 45 G.

Overall, a medium to hard first DLC achievement pack for this game. For all the achievements, it took me 3 hours, but I feel as though it could take up to seven. Just follow a few of my MSpaint maps and concentrate, and you should be fine!

Thanks! Good Luck! FEEDBACK IS VERY HIGHLY APPRECIATED! ENJOY! ~ DJ

Last edited by JMNELSON; 12-24-2011 at 01:50 PM.
JMNELSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for putting this together. Your little drawings look especially useful. Although you might want to edit your advice for the hole in one on Crater Springs, I certainly didnt find it easy and it took me at least 15 attempts. My advice (which of course you are welcome to add to the guide) is to use a 5 Iron and aim way off to the left, your ball should land at the very top of the slope, not on the rough though, so you should be aiming to land your ball at the highest point of the lighter coloured grass. You dont have to do a super swing, just one with moderate power. With the right placement, and luck, the ball will roll all the way down the hill passing between the two bunkers and on into the hole.
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
Thanks a lot for putting this together. Your little drawings look especially useful. Although you might want to edit your advice for the hole in one on Crater Springs, I certainly didnt find it easy and it took me at least 15 attempts. My advice (which of course you are welcome to add to the guide) is to use a 5 Iron and aim way off to the left, your ball should land at the very top of the slope, not on the rough though, so you should be aiming to land your ball at the highest point of the lighter coloured grass. You dont have to do a super swing, just one with moderate power. With the right placement, and luck, the ball will roll all the way down the hill passing between the two bunkers and on into the hole.
Thanks so much for your feedback! I added your little bit to the guide about Crater Springs. Thanks again!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That MS paint job is awesome!

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
That MS paint job is awesome!
Thanks man, much appreciated!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
TheViperRKO5

TheViperRKO5's Gamercard
Smile Kss2

I can't get the Trident Tested and Bluffin' Brilliant achievements even if I follow your guide, do you have any more tips on how to get these two achievements?

EDIT: I just got the Trident Tested achievement and there was no wind either, and now I only need the Bluffin' Brilliant achievement.

Last edited by TheViperRKO5; 12-28-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: I wanted to
TheViperRKO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 AM   #7
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViperRKO5 View Post
I can't get the Trident Tested and Bluffin' Brilliant achievements even if I follow your guide, do you have any more tips on how to get these two achievements?

EDIT: I just got the Trident Tested achievement and there was no wind either, and now I only need the Bluffin' Brilliant achievement.
My best advice is to aim just right of the huge rock face in the center of the map. Thanks for reading!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
TheViperRKO5

TheViperRKO5's Gamercard
okay I'll try that and your welcome.
TheViperRKO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #9
De4thM4chin3
Banned User

De4thM4chin3's Gamercard
For the Bluffin Brilliant achievement I find it works every time if I DON'T try to ricochet the ball off of the boulder. Just aim to hit the small patch of land between said boulder and the mountain and it should roll right down into the hole. (Pro difficulty)
De4thM4chin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Pinicus

Pinicus's Gamercard
I got Bluffin' Brilliant first time with Low Wind by aiming just to the right of the boulder.
When I did it, it landed exactly where De4th M4chin3 recommended and it went straight in,
Still haven't managed it when the wind is calm though.
Pinicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
ShadowStefan

Thiophen's Gamercard
I'm still missing Trident tested - got all the others.
But I find it freaking hard. Should the ball (on the first swing, aim indicator on second sail) land in the trees? For one or two times now it happened that the ball rolled back on the fairway and had (at least I think so) a perfect placing for the second shot. But mostly the ball doesn't roll back and is lost in the trees... :/

EDIT:
Got it. I found a position for the first swing where the ball lands on the Rough directly next to the trees and then rolls down on the Fairway. Second swing from there worked just fine after a few tries.

Last edited by ShadowStefan; 02-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.
ShadowStefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Silvian92

silvian92's Gamercard
Ty man .....
Silvian92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvian92 View Post
Ty man .....
No problem!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Dalek Nation

Dalek Nation's Gamercard
On "Bluffin" I was able to get this with my drive bouncing just 'barely' left of the boulder. The sloped ground around the boulder is all that is needed as it rolls the ball to a 'sloop' at the base of the main giant rock which then aims the ball straight at the hole.
Thank you very much for the advice on Trident... haven't gotten it yet but your picture's insistance to NOT AIM at the bluff to the far right will definetly help as I can see how your way gives a better angle to the hole.