PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Torchlight
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 12/12 (200)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 9-10 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? None

Introduction:

This can be played on any difficulty. You can start out on the easiest playthrough and run through the game with little to no stress about dying. If you are unfamiliar with this type of game or RPGs in general, you may find this a little difficult to get used to at first. It will get easier as you go along.

Step 1: Play campaign-Character development

Start a new game and make sure you play it on easy if you want to blow through the game. See below for a great character build. Play through all the regular floors and by the time you finish all floors you will have all story based achievements and most likely only missing Superstar. You will likely only be at level 18 in fame.

Class: Vanquisher
Pet: Any, but will use the first right away to turn it into a troll.
Weapon: Bow
Designate points: Mostly Dexterity and Defense. Some into Magic.
Main Tree: Marskman
Skills to Max: Ranged Weapons Expertise, Critical Strikes, Adventurer, Explosive Shot, and Armor Expertise (this skill is actually on the Rogue tree). The rest of your points can go into whatever you want.

Always carry tons of Identify Scrolls as well as Town Portal Scrolls. Keeping up on selling items (having your pet take them) and constantly going back to town when needed will help you maintain the best possible gear. You will have probably 3 main weapons you will have used throughout your playthrough. Whenever you get a powerful bow and it's magic/rare/unique, then go ahead and Enchant it many times. I usually enchant 3 times then go through a portal, and come back. This saves the data. Then keep enchanting as much as you think needed. You will be running around constantly shooting explosive shots. The enchantments that will help out a lot are mana drain and health drain. This will save you from needing to use potions much if at all for most of the game. Also remember to socket items to make your weapon even more powerful.

Check this thread HERE for more info on other people's builds and you can pick what you think will work best for your play style.

Step 2: Reaching maximum fame (level 33, Demigod)

After beating all 35 floors you will be allowed to do a set of new floors. In the main town go to the bottom-right of your mini map and talk to the person there. You will go on through tougher floors gaining more fame. You will be grinding through these floors trying to get your fame up to level 33 which is when the achievement unlocks. This will be a couple hours extra grind on top of everything else you did, so just keep at it until it unlocks.

Conclusion:

If you played on easy you may have only died a handful of times. You'll probably be level 50 and level 33 for fame at the end. You can continue playing for fun or for leaderboard rankings if you want.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
A Lich to Scratch 10
Defeat the Overseer

Story related, can't be missed.

Playtime: 1 hour 15 minutes - 1 hour 35 minutes
Floor: 8 (Overseer's Chamber)
Level of Character: 9-11

This boss does lightning Area of Effect and there will be a lot of enemies that will get in your way. Having a higher level character will help as well as having Electrical Resistance. Even without it this boss is very easy and you probably won't see much of your health drain if you're high enough level and have been consistent with armor and weapons.

Special Item: You will also get the Overseer's Eye which increases health by 25. This is a permanent based potion.

Avatar Award: Torchlight Logo Tee (A black tee emblazoned with the Torchlight Logo).

Tree Hugger 10
Defeat the Root Golem

Playtime: 2 hours 10 minutes - 2 hours 30 minutes
Floor: 15 (Estherian Ruins)
Level of Character: 12-15

After returning 3 different colored glyphs to Syl, you will be able to use another portal. You'll notice a giant tree and that's the enemy associated with this achievement. It's a fairly easy fight, but this one hits a little harder than previous enemies.

Gamer Picture Unlocked

When this Town's a Rockin' 10
Defeat the Ember Colossus

Playtime: 2 hours 10 minutes - 2 hours 30 minutes
Floor: 20 (Vast Chasm)
Level of Character: 16-18

Another easy boss, just watch out for the orange ray he shoots at you. You can just avoid it and then continue attacking. This boss does not prove to be really any more difficult than the others.

Fetch a Fair Price 10
Send your pet to town

To send your pet to down, hit to go to your inventory. On any items you would like to sell, press to swap them to your pet's inventory. Once done with your selections, press and then . Your achievement will unlock as the pet returns to your side.

Shape-Shifter 10
Change your pet by feeding it fish

You start with a fish, you can buy fish in town, and you can go fishing at specific locations that have a swirl in the water. No matter how you get a fish, when you go into your inventory go to the last tab (by using ) and you will see the various fish you have obtained. Just press to use it and you will feed it to your pet. This can be your first achievement, right when the game loads feed your pet the fish you get from the start to transform the pet into a very powerful troll.

Over the Brink 10
Defeat Brink

Playtime: 30-45 Minutes
Floor: 4 (Dank Chamber)
Level of Character: 4-5

Just keep attacking until he dies, it's a very easy battle. There's nothing special you have to do except watch out for the falling ice which is Brink's area of effect spell. The shards can be broken and have their own HP.

Only a Master of Evil 50
Defeat Alric

Playtime: 5-6 hours
Floor: Fight on 34, awarded on 35 (Lair)
Level of Character: 27-28

You will fight Arlic on floor 34. He has some basic attacks, but gets shielded sometimes and does some high damage others. Just keep attacking until he is almost dead. He will go down to the next floor. Once you go down as well, you will be awarded the achievement. The game isn't over after this fight, but all story related achievements are. You will need to finish off your fame achievement (superstar). Also beating the next boss will give you an Avatar award.

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-22-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Enchantment Overload 20
Successfully enchant one item 10 times

In the main town there is an enchanter. He has a staff icon above his head and is on the right side in the middle of the area. Interact with him and you'll see a price to the left in yellow. You can enchant various items and that yellow number is how much gold it will cost you. If you look below, it shows a disenchant chance. That percent is showing you the chance it has to fail. This achievement will have you enchanting the same item 10 times. It does not have to be in a row, you can just spam until you receive the achievement. Afterwards, dashboard so you get all of your money back. It would be a good idea to have around 25,000 gold or more at minimum when attempting this. Pick the cheapest item as well. You can also feel free to dashboard on failure. Just enchant a few times, then go through a portal, come back, enchant more and if you fail just dashboard. Every time you go through a portal your game will save. This way you can have a really good item.

There are also a couple Enchantment Shrines in the game. They do not cost anything but are extremely rare. They look like the Health or Mana Shrines, except they are yellow.

Superstar 30
Achieve maximum fame

To achieve the maximum fame, it must be level 33 (Demigod). You can still gain more levels in fame even though the achievement calls it maximum. This will require you earn 756,000 fame experience points. You earn fame by defeating Champions (rare monster who have specific names). They're usually either bigger than other enemies, or glowing (or both). You should see a couple of them a floor, especially in higher numbered floors. As you level enemies level, as will the fame you get per Champion monster killed. You'll be getting around 10k for each Champion you kill once you're a specific level.

Each class has a specific skill that grants you more experience and fame. You will want to max out right away to save time. This skill is called Adventurer. You'll have to kill roughly 200+ champions to get the max fame level. You can check how many you have killed in your stats screen. You will be able to get this skill, with any class, at level 10.

Big and Green and Dead All Over 10
Defeat Krag

Playtime: 4 hours
Floor: 24 (Prison Stronghold)
Level of Character: 19-21

Krag needs to be saved for last. There are a lot of enemies that will be healing him if you damage his health. Focus all your attacks on the healers and once they are disposed of, you can easily take down Krag.

Gamer Picture Unlocked

Enchanted 20
Successfully enchant one item 5 times

See "Enchantment Overload" achievement description for more information.

Purple People Defeater 10
Defeat Medea

Playtime: 4 hours 45 minutes
Floor: 29 (Lost Fortress)
Level of Character: 22-24

Once you get to this floor, you must pull the two levels and face the boss. The boss will sometimes clone herself into multiple enemies. Just keep attacking each one and they will die quickly, then continue to chip away at her health. It's a pretty straight forward battle.

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 04-22-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Guide in progress but feel free to add what you think total amount of time is. I have 8 hours but it's just an assumption. If I have made any mitsakes let me know. I seem to make a lot!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks like it should do
Maybe you should add that the Fame level achievement unlocks at lvl 33 and not 55 like it does in the pc version.
Demigod is the last rank and every rank after that says Unatainable (sp?)

This game is an extremly simple 200 due to the fact that difficulty doesnt matter, no achievements are really missable. Basically play it for around 8-10 hours and you got your 200/200

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
HorrorHounds

Send a message via MSN to HorrorHounds

HorrorHounds's Gamercard
looks good

If You Dont Live Your Something You Will Die For Nothing!!!
HorrorHounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
. Basically play it for around 8-10 hours and you got your 200/200
Yeah right. Not for Superstar! I killed every boss and did every quest, I finished the game with Fame level 21/33! I will have to grind forever to get that last cheevo.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
MadBananaS125ru

Send a message via ICQ to MadBananaS125ru Send a message via MSN to MadBananaS125ru Send a message via Skype™ to MadBananaS125ru

madbananas125ru's Gamercard
Total fame needed for lvl 33 is 756,600. Hope it will be usefull for smbd.
Btw I'm played 10hrs, beat 8ht floor of Shadow Vault and now have fame lvl 29 (566k fame). It seems that total time for 200/200 is about 12-14hrs.

upd. Got it in 11hrs 4 mins played time.

Last edited by MadBananaS125ru; 03-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.
MadBananaS125ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
When you get the chance instead of the 25k route you should also add in the save/dashboard option for enchantment overload which is basically on each successive enchant, you exit to title screen and thus is autosaves. If one of the enchants fails on the way to 10 instead of exiting to title screen, you just dashboard and it will save your enchant/item. Then when you load in, it's like the enchantment failure never happened. So if you have a really good item you want to do this to, but don't wanna basically destroy it, then you can do it that way.

Hope that makes sense... >_>

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Yeah right. Not for Superstar! I killed every boss and did every quest, I finished the game with Fame level 21/33! I will have to grind forever to get that last cheevo.

Maxed fame around 8-10 hours
lvl 100 after around 12-14 hours
So my Vanq has fame lvl 55 and lvl 100 now.

Its kinda easy to see which people are the newcommers and doesnt understand talents and what they do etc

Ive played pretty much all grind happy games that involves talent trees and random speccs + i had 5 years of World of warcraft, dont worry you learn. I could get pretty much 1 level from 4 Rares and that involved me getting 10-20k of fame from each of them, so it went fairly fast

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #11
Ihazcandy4you

IHazCandy4You's Gamercard
Looks good tc. From what I have heard each class has a talent to raise fame gain, once I max mine out (vanquisher) I'll post the info about it

100%
(Some including all DLC, some including some, some including none)
Retail: Dragon Age: Origins, Borderlands, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Fallout 3.
Arcade: Plants vs. Zombies, A Kingdom for Keflings, A World of Keflings, DR2: Case Zero

Ihazcandy4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
Anavryn

Anavryn's Gamercard
You guys are cruising compared to me. I've spent about 10 hours playing and I'm level 24 on dungeon level 23. Granted, I've spent a lot of time focusing on equipment, doing bonus dungeons, and messing around with transmutation (likely the biggest waste of time). I'm still loving every minute at the pace I'm going!

Great guide so far!

Last edited by Anavryn; 03-15-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Anavryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Enchantment Shrines in the game does not guarantee you 100% of upgrade , last night I got one and it didn't enchant my item , it did nothing
Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #14
Anavryn

Anavryn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
Enchantment Shrines in the game does not guarantee you 100% of upgrade , last night I got one and it didn't enchant my item , it did nothing
That does tend to happen. It also happens with the Enchanter.

As a correction to my previous statement, I completed the game at 8.5 hours. I know I've played it longer so I presume the in game timer doesn't count when you're in the menu screen. I finished at level 33 with a Fame of 23. Not too shabby! Now to grind out some Fame goodness for the final achievement.

Anavryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 AM   #15
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

When I did them it just enchanted it so I figured it was a free for sure thing. I took that part out of the description though. I only found a total of 3 of them and had gotten to level 25 of the secret dungeons (so 60 total floors)

Xbox360 games I have
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #16
Soltair0108

Soltair0108's Gamercard
Quote:
For the record, enchant shrines also do have the possiblity of wiping the item clean as well. Just had that happen with an item I'm holding which has 14 properties.
Soltair0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
Desmondo2000

BisonsLoveChild's Gamercard
nice guide it is very useful for me this game is so much fun i'm doing pretty much a summoner build i love having minions to do my fighting for me lol
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #18
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Reaching maximum fame (level 33, Demigod)

An alternate method is to "retire" your character and start over as another character which moves your level over and you can continue from the start of the first 35 floors. This method will take a longer time but you may not feel it's as much of a grind playing as another class.
Major mistake here in the guide.

When you retire your character, you lose your fame.
You get to keep 1 item, your level is reset to 1 and your fame goes back to 2.

Even the game has a mistake in text help about this, as it says your level and fame are transfered to your new character.
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJosh3k View Post
Major mistake here in the guide.

When you retire your character, you lose your fame.
You get to keep 1 item, your level is reset to 1 and your fame goes back to 2.

Even the game has a mistake in text help about this, as it says your level and fame are transfered to your new character.
Removed, had only said what the game claimed would happen. Sorry if you tested it and it didn't work.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
Quote:
Removed, had only said what the game claimed would happen. Sorry if you tested it and it didn't work.
It is just a fault in the game.

I'd guess the devs decided to change how it worked, but forgot to change the help text.
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #21
absurd

Simba ready's Gamercard
Here is a Video with a easy way to kill the last boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a341Wt3WlLM
absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #22
t035t3r

I t0e I's Gamercard
thanks for your time n efforrt into this guide, very helpful.....
t035t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #23
TWiTCHv7

TWiTCH v7's Gamercard
i got every achievement in 6hrs and 50mins... i just did every floor nonstop, then went to the new floors and grinded till i got the superstar. i actually spent more time grinding than doing the story

Last edited by TWiTCHv7; 04-14-2011 at 12:25 PM.
TWiTCHv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #24
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Thanks for the guide. If anyone is wondering about the time it took me 14 hours and 40 minutes. I got to Level 47 and my class was the Alchemist set up as a Battlemage. I scoured all the dungeons, but I didn't mess around transmuting ember or gambling on weapons. So if you search every inch of the dungeon like me there's a rough estimate for how long it will take. I also finished at Level 15 of the Shadow Vault to get Maximum Fame. Great game, recommend it.

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
DrZnadvago

DrZnadvago's Gamercard
Great guide - may I recommend one small amendment: the story related achievements can indeed be missed: I started playing the demo going as far as it allows, then purchased the game. The Brink achievement should have popped up. Not only it did not, now that I went to level 7 and defeated the next story related opponent, I didn't get the achievement for that either! Did anyone experience the same problem?

P.S. Apparently the problem has been reported to Runic Games and they see no way to repair it.

Last edited by DrZnadvago; 05-04-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: update
DrZnadvago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
BlackIrish4094
Subscribing Member

BlackIrish4094's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great game, a lot of fun. Thanks for the guide although mostly straightforward definitely includes some helpful tips.
BlackIrish4094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #27
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZnadvago View Post
Great guide - may I recommend one small amendment: the story related achievements can indeed be missed: I started playing the demo going as far as it allows, then purchased the game. The Brink achievement should have popped up. Not only it did not, now that I went to level 7 and defeated the next story related opponent, I didn't get the achievement for that either! Did anyone experience the same problem?

P.S. Apparently the problem has been reported to Runic Games and they see no way to repair it.
So if you played the game in demo mode, you can miss stuff if you bring your character over from that?

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #28
DrZnadvago

DrZnadvago's Gamercard
Quote:
So if you played the game in demo mode, you can miss stuff if you bring your character over from that?
Indeed. For instance, if you kill the first boss while playing the demo and then purchase the game, the achievement does not pop up. Further achievements will be awarded normally (contrary to what I thought previously).
DrZnadvago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #29
Peu

dom pedro iv's Gamercard
Thanks man!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
Quote:
The last 3 shrines i've found have had no effect on my items
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote