PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Soul Calibur V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
Tip for beating arcade on Hard

I just got done with it in about 10 minutes, after a previous attempt I gave up on after 40 minutes. (Yes I suck at fighting games).

Pick Hilde, Set the type to asia, and obviously choose hard mode.
Basically just keep spamming LT grab by the edge of every level, while it's partly luck is much faster and easier than trying to win each round with regular fighting.

Note though the 2nd stage is enclosed while the rest allow for ring outs.
Though it should be easy enough to beat if you spam X and forward Y.

Also I don't know if the 6th stage is always the same.
When I played kilik is always though, but not sure if that's true for all.

I hope this helps someone. Really don't want someone else to suffer for 40 minutes like I did trying to fight Cervantes on hard using the europe setting.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
Hilde is the new Astaroth! <3 Broken moves. Your tactics seem much more difficult then actually winning with Hilde legitimately though. She's a beast.

Last edited by Vermillion Haze; 02-01-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Vermillion Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
GuyAboveMeSucks

GuyAboveMeSucks's Gamercard
Kilik final stage ALWAYS blocks my grab then knocks me off the edge. This game is a million times more cheap than 4 was its insane how much faster the AI is than you and if you get knocked on the ground you instantly lose.

No Fear, No Distractions.
GuyAboveMeSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAboveMeSucks View Post
Kilik final stage ALWAYS blocks my grab then knocks me off the edge. This game is a million times more cheap than 4 was its insane how much faster the AI is than you and if you get knocked on the ground you instantly lose.
That was me going agaisnt Cervantes for 40 minutes.
I never want to expierence that again.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
God, thank you Jawmuncher. The ai in this release is beyond cheap...I started playing it with a regular controller, the MW3 one actually, I like how the pattern on it makes it kind of nonslip. I couldn't clear hard to save my life, and I'm really good at Virtua Fighter and Tekken and decent at SF. I went in my closet and got out my modded HRAP and used your advice, I didn't lose a single match, though I did drop a couple of rounds.

Thanks a bunch, good lookin out

Big thanks to jtr1gg3r for the sexy new sig!
70,000GS 26 Oct 2010- RB3 "Hometown Threwdown"
neverendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
Retrokiid90

Retrokiid90's Gamercard
Wow this game is difficult. Since the CPU reacts quick, Astaroth's old spam tactic doesn't work in this game?
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I havent beat hard yet; not really tried ..... but Mitsurugi works really well. Absolutely destroyed normal with little effort and I was getting creamed with Ezio and Xiba. Need to try hard on the Asia route only standard so far

HIs Diagonal on the joystick and Y Will swing upwards usually allowing to juggle or ringout. His LB grab is also really good for ringouts.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
papoose

elementj08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hard didn't make me cry all that much actually, now the legends mode made me want to take my disc and shove it in a toaster if only you were able to switch characters in between fights.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
i actually beat it using Astaroth. Yah, I didnt win each match right away but I found him to be the best character to use. Just kept going for grapples. Youll either get your ass kicked or youll dominate. Hardest opponent for me was probably Maxi.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
lol Hard is extremely cheap, but free battle is worse... I am just glad I beat hard ><
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Delmaru

Delmaru's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrokiid90 View Post
Wow this game is difficult. Since the CPU reacts quick, Astaroth's old spam tactic doesn't work in this game?
No, unfortunately not. It sucks too, 'cause it would have made this game a LOT easier. Heck, my tactic doesn't even work online either.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
In my experience thus far, a lot of people online have adapted the SFIV mentality and just guard all day and use little jab attacks until you swing, then they'll combo and go back to a guard / crouch guard. I played a good bit of SC4 online and people played offensively and went for broke with their best moves. People are so damned scared of losing its like playing texas hold'em with someone that folds 95% of their hands, so dull. If I wanted to play footsies I'd either play with my nieces or play SFIVAE. :/

Big thanks to jtr1gg3r for the sexy new sig!
70,000GS 26 Oct 2010- RB3 "Hometown Threwdown"

Last edited by neverendr; 02-01-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Ipad spell correct thinks it knows what I'm typing and it's wrong half the time, lmao
neverendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
Thomas001122

thomas001122's Gamercard
I used Astaroth. For the first three fighters it pretty much just let me hold d, db and press x until they were dead. You have to stand up after you do it each time though. The third one started blocking it a little.

From number 4-6 I pretty much just mixed throws with the same move I did with the first 3 opponents. They were blocking it a lot more though.

It took me around 20 minutes to go through the whole thing. I think the last guy took like 8 minutes though.
Thomas001122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
b1adernner

Send a message via AIM to b1adernner

Panda Shark's Gamercard
I used the throw method, until I got to Kilik. He countered so many times it drove me to insanity. Then out of frustration, I just straight up fought him and tore him up.
b1adernner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #15
Lord Terrax XII

Lord Terrax XII's Gamercard
What I've been doing to get through tough stages (i.e. Legendary Souls) is use Natsu and use 6AB+B,B to do the roll then knock them in the air and throw them down. It's very fast and spammable if you get stuck.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hilde is pretty good to use, also for anyone who hasn't done it yet I recommend Xiba's style. I beat everybody no problem without a retry except for Nightmare. But here and there I would get even perfects on him.
Use ++ going -> if your left side, or <- if your right side and just keep blocking in between the "stabbing strike" and also use your Critical Edge here and there. Good luck to those who haven't done it yet, hope this helps.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverendr View Post
In my experience thus far, a lot of people online have adapted the SFIV mentality and just guard all day and use little jab attacks until you swing, then they'll combo and go back to a guard / crouch guard. I played a good bit of SC4 online and people played offensively and went for broke with their best moves. People are so damned scared of losing its like playing texas hold'em with someone that folds 95% of their hands, so dull. If I wanted to play footsies I'd either play with my nieces or play SFIVAE. :/
Well, there's good reason for that when you consider how damaging they made juggling and combos compared to previous games. In V, you let one hit in and your out half your life bar in a second.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
The Nonexistenc

Agonist Sigma's Gamercard
It was BRUTAL. I finally got the achievement after 41 minutes (not actual real time, but time racked up FIGHTING) so in reality must've took at least 2 hours of just losing with Hilde.

Xiba was brutally cheap and it was just plain infuriating how much damage he can do by sticking his staff between his legs.

I have nothing to offer but the best of wishes, everyone. Good luck!
7/30/2013 - 50,000: Jack of All Trades (Hitman: Absolution)

100% Retail: 26
100% Arcade: 7

Give me a break. I'm really trying!
The Nonexistenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
BadgerBomber

BadgerBomber's Gamercard
Hey guys, I just posted this on TrueAchievements. Thought it might be best to post it here as well.
I have been trying this achievement for hours until I tried out this method and it allowed me to pretty much perfect everyone apart from the 2nd fight.

My setup:
Character: Hilde
Route: Asia
Difficulty: Hard (obviously)

The method only requires you to do one move during the fight, so here we go.
As the match starts run backwards or in whichever direction to get yourself to the edge of the arena. Now the enemy will try and catch up and hit you, at this point you want to use Down+Right+X (Hold). This move will create a guard impact for a split second, blocking the attacker and flinging them over causing a ring out.

The reason I said this won't work in the 2nd fight is due to the arena having no ring out function. In this case you want to use the moves you know best and just KO normally.

The reason I find this method better is due to the fact that the computer on hard likes duck or grapple break you.

Hopefully this helps you guys as much as it helped me.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
Soundwave77

Send a message via AIM to Soundwave77 Send a message via Yahoo to Soundwave77

Sound SuckaFree's Gamercard
For me I just used nightmare and just spammed throws the whole time for everyone. sometimes i had to switch it up with his dashing move and used that to ring out a couple. I would HIGHLY suggest using his critical edge when you have it but save it to the point when u know u can land it.

Soundwave77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
PrinceOfThralls

Take Astaroth and just run up to them and spam X+A grab. I have beaten legendary souls and most of the A fighters in Quick Battle just by spamming this grab and nothing else.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #22
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawmuncher View Post
I just got done with it in about 10 minutes, after a previous attempt I gave up on after 40 minutes. (Yes I suck at fighting games).

Pick Hilde, Set the type to asia, and obviously choose hard mode.
Basically just keep spamming LT grab by the edge of every level, while it's partly luck is much faster and easier than trying to win each round with regular fighting.

Note though the 2nd stage is enclosed while the rest allow for ring outs.
Though it should be easy enough to beat if you spam X and forward Y.

Also I don't know if the 6th stage is always the same.
When I played kilik is always though, but not sure if that's true for all.

I hope this helps someone. Really don't want someone else to suffer for 40 minutes like I did trying to fight Cervantes on hard using the europe setting.

Cheers for this! Will try it later! But can't imagine it being to hard anyway

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #23
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

I just did it now and I feel so good right now. Did it using my main and feel damn proud of it too lol. Did it with my created character as Mistrugi (whatever you spell it) style. I tried last night and I had Yoshimitshu beat the crap out of me and I gave up. I almost traded the game away because I cannot stand this retarded hard AI. Went ahead tonight, felt pretty good except Natsu giving me a shit load of problems. Had 3 tries on Yoshi which was great, another 3 to 5 tries against Maxi, and about 20 or less tries against Kilik. If he only had his stick as a weapon, man things would of been even worse imo.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #24
Meagan47

Meagan47's Gamercard
I'm using Xiba and Yoshi is driving me friggin crazy. I can win up to 2 rounds and then he just goes on this crazy berserk rampages where I cant even make a hit. I made it this far though... -_-
I'm trying to ignore that fact that I still have to do Maxi and Kilik after.

EDIT: I just beat Yoshi. I haven't yelled that loud in time. I also just beat Maxi and Kilik.

I got SO lucky with Kilik. I literally had a slice of health left and it was 2 wins each. He did some jump move, missed me because I rolled, and ringed himself out. UNREAL. Beat him in one try. Never again.

Last edited by Meagan47; 02-07-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Meagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #25
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBomber View Post
Hey guys, I just posted this on TrueAchievements. Thought it might be best to post it here as well.
I have been trying this achievement for hours until I tried out this method and it allowed me to pretty much perfect everyone apart from the 2nd fight.

My setup:
Character: Hilde
Route: Asia
Difficulty: Hard (obviously)

The method only requires you to do one move during the fight, so here we go.
As the match starts run backwards or in whichever direction to get yourself to the edge of the arena. Now the enemy will try and catch up and hit you, at this point you want to use Down+Right+X (Hold). This move will create a guard impact for a split second, blocking the attacker and flinging them over causing a ring out.

The reason I said this won't work in the 2nd fight is due to the arena having no ring out function. In this case you want to use the moves you know best and just KO normally.

The reason I find this method better is due to the fact that the computer on hard likes duck or grapple break you.

Hopefully this helps you guys as much as it helped me.
I used a combination of this and the original grab for a ringout strategy with Hilde. Worked like a charm, and I only lost one round before I got to Kilik who only beat me in one fight. second fight, it was still a bit annoying trying to get him to either not grapple break, or to attack into my counter but still a hell of a lot easier than anything else i tried.
Also be wary, sometimes the final fight will lead to the inner cave arena where you have less places to ring out.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #26
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Done it first time no problems, but no achievement :@

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #27
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Character: Xiba
Route: Europe
Difficulty: Hard.

Start off every match with back Y, Until they start side stepping. Retreat and then back Y when they come at you. This will deal a lot of damage. Continue to retreat and keep using the back Y tactic. Sometimes this will go right through their attack and cause damage as they approach you. Also, ocassionally follow up the back Y tactic with a forward B+Y, this will juggle them in the air. As soon as the hit the ground follow up with a Diagonal (Forward-Down) X+Y. This will continously poke them on the ground. If you also have enough bars filled start the Critical Edge, by the time they get up it will be activated.

If you are having trouble just be defensive using the Back Y move. If they keep blocking this move, keep spamming, it will eventually break their guard. Once guard is broken activate Critical Edge or Brave Edge (Forward Y, B to Right Trigger).

Good luck. Using this method, same method I posted for Harrada made easy, I was able to fly through Arcade Hard. I found the Europe Path 10 times easier, IMO. Using the method above will result in a lot of ringouts and perfects, as well as a fully intact controller. Msg me on live with any questions, I will be more than happy to demonstrate.

GT: Goots 88

100% game totals (all DLC included): 72
Retail: 53
Arcade: 19

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983

Last edited by Goots 88; 02-07-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Spell Check
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #28
gucha

vigilium's Gamercard
How can you do it to Kilik? He escapes ever 4-5 times I try to throw him. I win like 1 round every 5 fights. You have to be lucky like hell to win with him using this method.
gucha is offline   Reply With Quote