Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Xx Overkill VR

O for oVR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Disconecting from Xbox Live when starting game *FIX*

I had this problem and spend a good amount of time looking it up on google and found many people who suffered the same fate with no solution. I just want to post what I believe to be the full trouble shooting process so that anyone who runs into this problem may be able to solve it.

The problem is that upon installing the latest dashboard whenever I launch a game it disconnects me from xbox live with no notification. When I try to reconnect it says that I have lost connection to xbox live and asks me to troubleshoot the problem. The thing is that I am connected just fine in the dashboard but only disconnect when a game is playing.

I have finally solved the issue which happened to be an error with the xbox live profile. Deleting the account and redownloading it solved the issue entirely however I have compiled a list of things to troubleshoot for in the event that it does not solve the problem for others.

1) Delete and redownload Xbox Live profile.
When deleting the profile from the storage device make sure to delete the profile only and not the items.

2) Clear System Cache.
Highlight your storage device in the storage options and press Y to access the device options. Chose the option to clear system cache and allow the console to perform maintenance on the storage device.

3) Reinstall the dashboard.
Go to the storage options and where it lists all your storage devices press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X. This will delete the dashboard update and reinstall it.

4) Troubleshoot the storage device.
Remove the hdd storage device and try to boot from a usb storage device. Reinstall the update from usb then see if the hdd storage device works.

5) Configure router settings.
Tinker with your router settings to allow the console to connect. Make sure to forward the necessary ports to connect to xbox live. Setting up the network settings manually tends to solve many issues with internet connection.

I hope that this helps anyone who has the misfortune of coming across this problem. If this has helped you feel free sending me a message(no friend requests please) on xbox live, gamertag is Xx Overkill VR.

Last edited by Xx Overkill VR; 01-01-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Xx Overkill VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Ive been having some weird crap like this happening lately too..

Mostly my problem is profile related.. Like my profile can sign in fine.. but as soon as my girl signs my profile out and signs into hers she can't connect.. lol.

We couldn't figure it out so she just got on her xbox downstairs in the the theater room no problems.

NOW, my xbox is giving me trouble signing in.. and its even doing that thing where it'll sign you out of live without telling you..
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Xx Overkill VR

O for oVR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Redownload the profiles and lemme know if it works.
Xx Overkill VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Have not experienced this problem but thanks for the heads up on it.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote