PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Hawkpantherrokk

Hawkpantherrokk's Gamercard
Cant finish bugged thieves guild quest.

So, I have 960 of the 1000... I have the final 30 from thieves guild and getting married (told my girlfriend if I did it at all it would be LAST)

Im trying to do the 4 special missions before the last mission in riften.

Ive got whiterun, markarth, solitude complete... Yet they Vex and the guy will NOT give me any missions to windhelm... I try at least 30 quit missions and nothing....

Ive seen some threads around the net with similar problems but no one on how to fix it...

OTHER than starting a whole new game and trying the thieves guild over... there has to be a way to fix this...

Please help

Thanks
Hawkpantherrokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #2
Elundari

Location: Currently Ontario, Canada. Originally Yorkshire, England!
Send a message via MSN to Elundari

eiundari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had to take and quit about 40 missions before I got ones in the towns that I wanted, I honestly thought it was bugged but it just took persistence. When I finished the TG I had completed -26 quests - but I had my achievement

Games Completed (1000/200)
-- CSI: Hard Evidence -- Harry Potter OoTP -- A Kingdom for Keflings -- Dash For Destruction -- The Maw -- Fable II (1175/1350)
-- Mafia II -- Fable III -- Uno -- Skyrim -- FGN (Connect 4, Battleships, Scrabble)

Working on
-- Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Castle Crashers - willing to boost any achievements

20K - 28/12/11 - Skyrim: One With the Shadows
Elundari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Oh good, I thought this would've been another one of those "Oh no, stupid me sold the thieves armor!" threads.. but it's not.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
Oh good, I thought this would've been another one of those "Oh no, stupid me sold the thieves armor!" threads.. but it's not.
A very helpful post right here

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
A very helpful post right here
Yep, just as helpful as yours!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
So steal the thieves guild armor, got it.

Op are you sure you don't have a quest from him already? Friend was having a similar problem last night and it seems you can get more than one quest from him at a time and he didn't realize he had one already from the city he was trying to get. Hope that helps, I think you're having the same issue
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
So steal the thieves guild armor, got it.
I think many people have already tried this and it still didn't fix their troubles. It resulted in either the armor not counting for the quest, or the armor being unable to be stolen. Can't remember which.

That is, unless the latest patch fixed this quest bug?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I had a similar problem with Whiterun missions. I just kept taking jobs and quitting them until i finally received them in Whiterun.

Just keep trying and hopefully it will work.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #9
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
I think many people have already tried this and it still didn't fix their troubles. It resulted in either the armor not counting for the quest, or the armor being unable to be stolen. Can't remember which.

That is, unless the latest patch fixed this quest bug?
you can't steal or loot it.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Hawkpantherrokk

Hawkpantherrokk's Gamercard
Alrighty then. Elundari I will give the persistence a try. Hopefully that works.

And to the other 2 people arguing lol... NO this is not another I LOST THE ARMOR thread. a legitimate question. Thanks
Hawkpantherrokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
ChaoticNero

Chaotic Nero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkpantherrokk View Post
So, I have 960 of the 1000... I have the final 30 from thieves guild and getting married (told my girlfriend if I did it at all it would be LAST)

Im trying to do the 4 special missions before the last mission in riften.

Ive got whiterun, markarth, solitude complete... Yet they Vex and the guy will NOT give me any missions to windhelm... I try at least 30 quit missions and nothing....

Ive seen some threads around the net with similar problems but no one on how to fix it...

OTHER than starting a whole new game and trying the thieves guild over... there has to be a way to fix this...

Please help

Thanks
When you are looking at the list of quests you can select from Vex and the other guy. The quests that are highlighted are for a certain town that you haven't completed that specific quest for. I'm not entirely sure, but you may have to complete the quests for Riften, and not just Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun, and Windhelm.
ChaoticNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

I had the same issue. I just kept quiting and asking for new quests and eventually got one. I always did the Burglary and Numbers quests (not sure if that will change anything for you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
mr_FOS NL

mr fos's Gamercard
I have had the same issue, no jobs offered in windhelm. What seems to triggered it for me was a visit to the east empire shipping company building at the docks in Windhelm, and doing the quest for orthus endaria(?). I recall Gulum-Ei's mentioned them in the earlier thiefs guild quests.
Anyway, after that I recieved windhelm jobs from Vex and Delvin. Did 49 of these jobs before ir triggered the final special mission.
Hopes this helped, could also be totally unrelated but give it a try.

mr_FOS NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I had a very similar problem, but I couldn't get quests in Markarth, and very few in Solitude, it was just constantly Windhelm and Whiterun all the time, got tired of listening to them moaning as well because I was cancelling a quest from them.

All I can say is to persevere, like a previous post said, and I had a similar experience, it could take up to about 40 times before it appears correctly for some people.

Not sure if it could be connected to just taking one type of quest all the time? I was taking only Shill and Book altering jobs as per the numerous guides out there to make my life easier. Would selecting a different quest type be beneficial perhaps? Just a thought.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote