Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
SavageD49

savaged49's Gamercard
Gears of war PC DRM question

So today i was debating wether to buy this over games for windows live when the whole DRM thing came up. My question is how does this work and how many times would i be able to install or even use this game before it wouldnt let me do it again.
SavageD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
The Bamshizzle

The Bamshizzle's Gamercard
you can activate your gfwl key up to 15 times before you hit its limit. just remember if you do the dummy account method, each account takes up 1 activation
The Bamshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bamshizzle View Post
you can activate your gfwl key up to 15 times before you hit its limit. just remember if you do the dummy account method, each account takes up 1 activation
so to further this topic a little do I have to install the game for each dummy account onto the same PC? My guess would be yes, but I am not sure.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
so to further this topic a little do I have to install the game for each dummy account onto the same PC? My guess would be yes, but I am not sure.
I was wondering about this stuff myself, but I'm really only concerned with co-op. I'll leave versus go but I want to know if I can login two accounts to run split screen or how you can rig that to work. I'm also curious if there are known issues with getting the game installed/updated/running on Win 7 (64-bit). I was reading something about a guy having nothing but problems and nobody knowing how to help, but the solution was as simple as disabling anti-aliasing or something. Odd that nobody makes a note of these things. This is a big part of the reason I prefer to stick with console gaming.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Celtics200918

Celtics200918's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
No but you'll have to activate it each time.
Celtics200918 is offline   Reply With Quote